CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 154.
#3451 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe they realised their mistake with the updates. There will never be enough to satisfy the whiners.

No one was whining - Their last video got the most views since their fathom announcement.

They posted plenty of 'fails' in prior videos and kept going - everyone liked the journey, not just the destination.

Stop trying to blame the audience for a decision that clearly was Haggis' alone.

You can't blame the audience for your own news... and hiding from it isn't a healthy coping mechanism.

#3452 1 year ago

Just an observation... Haggis made 20 youtube update vids in 2019, 77 videos in 2020, 18 in 2021 and 2 in 2022.

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes. I’m not a series ticket holder but got my invoice about 2 weeks ago.

Mind sharing your game #?

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrank:

It's by order date/time, not game number fyi. Some "ticket members" ordered high numbers to match other games, etc.

#3455 1 year ago

And some of us said just build it when you get around to it.

#3456 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's by order date/time, not game number fyi. Some "ticket members" ordered high numbers to match other games, etc.

yup, you could pay the $4k usd +/- and become a season ticket holder today. Doing so would move your game shipment up to the front of the pack.... even if you were the last 250th preorder. How do I know this? Because I almost did it.

#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

That’s right. I did know that but worded wrong. Trying to get a gauge on invoice timing.

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrank:

That’s right. I did know that but worded wrong. Trying to get a gauge on invoice timing.

the whole game number vs order number is so confusing, I honestly don't know how anyone could keep track of which games ship 1st. If you're not a season ticket holder, using the date/time of preorder is the only real way to ensure the games go out correctly.

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrank:

As others have said the game number is irrelevant. I ordered pretty much at release.
I know two others that have them ordered, one ordered about the same time I did and another 24hrs later. The one that ordered when I did has been invoiced. The later order hasn’t so they are true to their word and going in order sequence.
We have both paid up.

#3460 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

As others have said the game number is irrelevant. I ordered pretty much at release.
I know two others that have them ordered, one ordered about the same time I did and another 24hrs later. The one that ordered when I did has been invoiced. The later order hasn’t so they are true to their word and going in order sequence.
We have both paid up.

Please share your unboxing video! At least you're on the same continent if things fall apart. You can drive to talk to damian in person. That's good right mate?

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You can drive to talk to damian in person. That's good right mate?

Might as well be on a different continent .

IMG_20220412_090049 (resized).jpgIMG_20220412_090049 (resized).jpg
#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe they realised their mistake with the updates. There will never be enough to satisfy the whiners.
First it's 'Just give me an update, anything but radio silence?'. Then that happens and it's why haven't they shown this or that?
There's even been people wanting to see their financial records, inventory lists and that they have kept certain monies separate to other monies.
It will never satisfy people, so best to just leave them whinging.

That is a nice sounding explanation for excusing Damian’s poor judgement and unprofessional behavior. Damian has not posted 100 pics showing what everybody wants and needs to see. He has not posted 50, not 25, not 10 and not even 1 pic showing any progress. You argued he doesn’t have time for or a need to post any pics. Not 1 pic is needed. Just trust him and you? There is no need for us to have to trust anyone if he’d just post some pics. Look, does he have enough parts to build 250 pins or just the test games? Here’s a good reason.

Quoted from d0n:

That's the kind of stuff that made me chose fathom. I thought I was in for a fun ride of pinball manufacturing but instead I'm sitting here wondering if I just threw $4400 out the window. They've done a complete 180 and it's not comforting or reassuring. I'm feeling a little swindled or maybe hoodwinked is a better word for the situation.

Here is a customer with 4 preorders and an open email channel to Damian, unsure what is going on and whether / when he will be getting a game let alone all 4. All it takes is some pics to PROVE where you are right now. People have trouble taking Damian at his word on deadlines.

Let’s take another look at the situation. If one didn’t have bins stuffed with parts, warehouse full of boxes, tools and machinery scattered and employees building games …. then you wouldn’t take that pic. You wouldn’t be able to take it. Now let’s say instead you have something in the middle going on. Some parts and boxes and games being built by whistling employees. That would be a great start. Show us where you are. We can’t get anything now and that is a poor decision by Damian. Give us a pic a day until games ship. Show us something. Maybe show us the best of what have going on each day.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That is a nice sounding explanation for excusing Damian’s poor judgement and unprofessional behavior. Damian has not posted 100 pics showing what everybody wants and needs to see. He has not posted 50, not 25, not 10 and not even 1 pic showing any progress. You argued he doesn’t have time for or a need to post any pics. Not 1 pic is needed. Just trust him and you? When there is no need for us to have to trust you if he just took some pics. Look does he have enough parts to build 250 pins or just the test games? Here’s a good reason.

Here is a customer with 4 preorders and an open email channel to Damian, unsure what is going o n and whether and when he will be getting a game. All it takes is some pics to PROVE where you are right now. People have trouble taking Damian at his word on deadlines. Let’s take another look at the situation. If one didn’t have bins stuffed with parts, warehouse full of boxes, tools and machinery scattered and employees building games …. then you wouldn’t take that pic. You wouldn’t be able to take it. Now let’s say instead you have something in the middle going on. Some parts and boxes and games being built by whistling employees. That would be a great start. Show us where you are. We can’t get anything now and that is a poor decision by Damian. Give us a pic a day until games ship. Show us something. Show us the best of what ha—need that day.

You are one of the rudest people i've ever come across, mate. Poor judgement and unprofessional behaviour? Just because he doesn't give you your needy little fix? You wouldn't get far under the Southern Cross i can tell you that now.

Why would you think you need to trust me? I have nothing to fucking do with his business except as a customer.

Yes, you chose to trust him to deliver a machine when you put a deposit on the machine.

The company is not required to post pictures. Especially for you as you have no stake.

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are one of the rudest people i've ever come across, mate. Poor judgement and unprofessional behaviour? Just because he doesn't give you your needy little fix? You wouldn't get far under the Southern Cross i can tell you that now.
Why would you think you need to trust me? I have nothing to fucking do with his business except as a customer.
Yes, you chose to trust him to deliver a machine when you put a deposit on the machine.
The company is not required to post pictures. Especially for you as you have no stake.

But there is no reason to trust him if he’d take and post pics. They are not just for me Mate. In case you haven’t been following this thread everybody wants to see them.

I believe d0n stated Damian promised one collector their pin in 8 weeks ending April 15. 4 days and we will see how good Damian’s promised deadlines are. Do you agree that if this deadline is missed, he NEEDS to start taking and posting pics? We are not trying to prove anything, only assess where THINGS ARE with pics. We know he’s moving along.

#3465 1 year ago

This is paranoid madness, you should talk to someone.

You really think i'm part of some conspiracy to hide things from you? And you think you speak for everyone?

Talk to a counselor PAL.

No, i don't agree with anything you type and i especially don't agree with the way you talk about other people. If he misses an estimation it's because he missed an expectation. I don't need to see pictures. Guy just may be an optimist, that's a good thing.

#3466 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is paranoid madness, you should talk to someone.
You really think i'm part of some conspiracy to hide things from you? And you think you speak for everyone?
Talk to a counselor PAL.
No, i don't agree with anything you type and i especially don't agree with the way you talk about other people. If he misses an estimation it's because he missed an expectation. I don't need to see pictures. Guy just may be an optimist, that's a good thing.

the only thing better than being an optimist is being an optimist that shares pics.

#3467 1 year ago

boy oh boy pinball and pinball forums have changed!

#3468 1 year ago

Interesting listen to grown men in a heated discussion about a pinball that some have paid for, some have not as of yet but no one has seen other than a prototype. Getting a fix ie. some kind of tangible information that the pin is being produced is a simple common courtesy on behalf of the manufacturer, especially when production is delayed. Hope everyone is happy in the end.

#3469 1 year ago

I'm not heated. I'm playing Tron in any case. I have 20 something machines here.

I'll play Fathom when it comes.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:Interesting listen to grown men in a heated discussion about a pinball that some have paid for, some have not as of yet but no one has seen other than a prototype. Getting a fix ie. some kind of tangible information that the pin is being produced is a simple common courtesy on behalf of the manufacturer, especially when production is delayed. Hope everyone is happy in the end.

Actually what's simple is: Don't pre-order if you’re not comfortable with it.

Simples.

simples-meerkat.gifsimples-meerkat.gif
#3471 1 year ago

Not always simples.

What if you preorder when you are comfortable, then sell your preorder because you got less comfortable, then bitch that you aren't given enough information about the order that you don't have anymore, then plan on purchasing again after the order is already shipped to someone else?

tumblr_pz3e3ujc851y9fu4yo5_500.giftumblr_pz3e3ujc851y9fu4yo5_500.gif

#3472 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not always simples.
What if you preorder when you are comfortable, then sell your preorder because you got less comfortable, then bitch that you aren't given enough information about the order that you don't have anymore, then plan on purchasing again after the order is already shipped to someone else?
[quoted image]

True, that's just stupidity.

#3473 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not always simples.
[quoted image]

After what you described then this would be the next shirt .

A8D6C1D3-F8FA-4772-BCF9-03ED65AB3373 (resized).jpegA8D6C1D3-F8FA-4772-BCF9-03ED65AB3373 (resized).jpeg
#3474 1 year ago

Just curious how many people here have been convinced by Haggis’ performance over the last few months enough to purchase the Bally series ticket.

#3475 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Just curious how many people here have been convinced by Haggis’ performance over the last few months enough to purchase the Bally series ticket.

Had Series ticket and would have loved to of kept it. Couple of extra advantages with being a big supporter.
First world problems got in the way.

#3476 1 year ago

I like to make merit based decisions. I'll decide machine to machine like i do with any other pinball company. Love what CGC are doing, but passed on CC.

Same with AP's latest and some of Spooky's.

I'm not signing up a promise to buy a Centaur, i had Bally Centaur and Bally Fathom at once not too long ago and sold Centaur as it was the same machine in so many respects with different art. i liked the art on fathom more so kept it.
I sold my beautiful Bally fathom when i put the deposit on the beautiful Haggis fathom.

I just made the same decision yesterday.

Sold my CGC Medieval madness that i owned for 63 days, because it was the same machine with different art as my CGC AFM and AFM is better, prettier and simpler for a stoned caveman like me.

That's why i wouldn't let others choose my next purchase.

#3477 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like to make merit based decisions. I'll decide machine to machine like i do with any other pinball company. Love what CGC are doing, but passed on CC.
Same with AP's latest and some of Spooky's.
I'm not signing up a promise to buy a Centaur, i had Bally Centaur and Bally Fathom at once not too long ago and sold Centaur as it was the same machine in so many respects with different art. i liked the art on fathom more so kept it.
I sold my beautiful Bally fathom when i put the deposit on the beautiful Haggis fathom.
I just made the same decision yesterday.
Sold my CGC Medieval madness that i owned for 63 days, because it was the same machine with different art as my CGC AFM and AFM is better, prettier and simpler for a stoned caveman like me.
That's why i wouldn't let others choose my next purchase.

I had a series ticket (for the four remaining titles) in my cart last year. Mulled it over and decided against for some of the same reasons you stated. I didn’t want to commit to 4 unknown titles from that era since I’m only a true fan of 5 of them or so. Now I couldn’t dream of purchasing a series ticket until my Fathom arrives and is put through the paces.

#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ok, let me apologize to everyone, including Kaneda for mentioning his name. I like him, I will defend him and I consider him a friend. But like with all of my friends, I speak my mind and we have disagreements. In fact, I think Kaneda and I share some personality traits and that's why he and I can irritate one another.
I appreciate all of his haters promoting his show with each mention, but I think its time to move along and get back on topic.
FYI. I'm also a proud friend with Flynnibus who is the natural enemy to Kaneda. LOL

K is a national treasure. Wish he were allowed back on pinside!

Quoted from jkashani:

Interesting listen to grown men in a heated discussion about a pinball that some have paid for, some have not as of yet but no one has seen other than a prototype. Getting a fix ie. some kind of tangible information that the pin is being produced is a simple common courtesy on behalf of the manufacturer, especially when production is delayed. Hope everyone is happy in the end.

We've seen this play out over and over. It rarely ends well and given the fact not even one pic can be posted says way too much.

#3479 1 year ago
joan-ferguson-pamela-rabe.gifjoan-ferguson-pamela-rabe.gif
#3480 1 year ago

I am going to buy some Australian beer when a load of production pictures & employees working on the Fathom pins finally get going. I will post some pictures of what is available here to drink.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not signing up a promise to buy a Centaur, i had Bally Centaur and Bally Fathom at once not too long ago and sold Centaur as it was the same machine in so many respects with different art

Crazy talk.

#3482 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We've seen this play out over and over. It rarely ends well and given the fact not even one pic can be posted says way too much.

Contestant #36. Welcome, have a seat.

I'll ask before anyone else, do have you have money in the game?

#3483 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Contestant #36. Welcome, have a seat.

Quoted from Roostking:

Just the first line of his post would indicate he is just here for shits and giggles.

#3484 1 year ago

This thread should be renamed to "punkin"

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just the first line of his post would indicate he is just here for shits and giggles.

Actually I meant to delete that as I was moderated for talking trash about special k. I didn't I didn't mean for that part to come to the post I didn't realize it was still in there LOL I do not like special k either.

And no I'm not bagging on Haggis specifically, but we have seen this play out over and over again so yeah I'm here to see how it goes. I'm not saying it's not going to happen but if history is any indication when there's no communication usually doesn't end well.

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Credibility going in the shitter on this opinion LMAO . I own both Fathom and Centaur and they are both amazing in their own way and in no way do I feel like they are alike besides the fact they were the best machines to come out of 1981 and share the 1981 era feel...

But I will agree with you on AFM and MM (own both of those also though )

But back on topic... I see ZERO reasons why Haggis couldn't give those that have invested a "good faith" status picture... unless they are not where they should be (and we know this is the actual truth, like it or not). It's more about where are we going from here!! And yes, I am optimistic.. but cautiously optimistic at this point.

#3487 1 year ago

here ya go
still means nothing to me

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3488 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:Credibility going in the shitter on this opinion LMAO . I own both Fathom and Centaur and they are both amazing in their own way and in no way do I feel like they are alike besides the fact they were the best machines to come out of 1981 and share the 1981 era feel...
But I will agree with you on AFM and MM (own both of those also though )
But back on topic... I see ZERO reasons why Haggis couldn't give those that have invested a "good faith" status picture... unless they are not where they should be (and we know this is the actual truth, like it or not). It's more about where are we going from here!! And yes, I am optimistic.. but cautiously optimistic at this point.

So drops in order, 123 or ORBS doesn't ring a bell?

You really can't tell that these playfields and rules are similar?

Ok then.

image-6 (resized).jpgimage-6 (resized).jpg

image-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg

#3489 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ok then.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I've always thought that they played pretty different. Neither one really comes to mind when playing the other.

#3490 1 year ago

We're all different, all i can say is it's the reason i sold my Centaur. I felt they were the same machine with different art. Both good art as well, but Fathom got the nod on the art as well as the rules differences (fun factor).

Pretty insane to get a downvote for a view, but whatever makes you feel big mr solid snake.

#3491 1 year ago

GO HAGGIS!

#3493 1 year ago

You are so proud of your ignorance, it's astounding.

Also astounding.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 100006 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-13 100006 (resized).jpg

Makes me wonder what's in this for you? Is it that you are that lacking in eloquence that you cannot state a view and need to click a button instead? Or is it that you think you are hurting someone by clicking the button?
What could it be, this button clicking thing?

Is it that you are too lazy to type, is that you are unsure of what you would say?
Is it that you have nothing of relevance to add, but still feel like you would like to be part of the conversation?

So many possibilities all with so little merit.

#3494 1 year ago

While I'm patiently waiting to hear/see anything about the progress of Fathom and the mermaids. I think I'll brew a beer, something the aussies would drink, see whether the beer gets drank first or my pin shows up.
Any of those from the upside down have a suggestion for a quality brew??

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

While I'm patiently waiting to hear/see anything about the progress of Fathom and the mermaids. I think I'll brew a beer, something the aussies would drink, see whether the beer gets drank first or my pin shows up.
Any of those from the upside down have a suggestion for a quality brew??

Cant go wrong with a wheat beer. Use Franziskanner as a guide. Use a proper wheat beer yeast. Yeast is the important thing here. Should taste of oranges.

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ok then.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

There are zero similarities…other than they both have 1 1/16” steel balls in them. It literally ends there.

#3497 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I made the exact same decision about 10 years ago. I did a playfield swap on Centaur, and I think one problem I have is that once I’ve spent 60 hours on a swap I don’t love the game anymore. I don’t think it’s the same machine as Fathom, but I agree that Fathom’s art is better, and Fathom is less bonus-heavy than Centaur.

I’m still toying with the idea of selling my Fathom to help pay for another new Stern, but that feels like heresy. 1979-1981 was the golden age of pinball, and Fathom…is….Jesus?

#3498 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I made the exact same decision about 10 years ago. I did a playfield swap on Centaur, and I think one problem I have is that once I’ve spent 60 hours on a swap I don’t love the game anymore. I don’t think it’s the same machine as Fathom, but I agree that Fathom’s art is better, and Fathom is less bonus-heavy than Centaur.
I’m still toying with the idea of selling my Fathom to help pay for another new Stern, but that feels like heresy. 1979-1981 was the golden age of pinball, and Fathom…is….Jesus?

Sorcerer.

sorcerer8 (resized).jpgsorcerer8 (resized).jpg

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:Cant go wrong with a wheat beer. Use Franziskanner as a guide. Use a proper wheat beer yeast. Yeast is the important thing here. Should taste of oranges.

Punkin certainly has the experience when comes to brewing & distilling.

I'm a fan of a nice Pale Ale myself.

#3500 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm not heated. I'm playing Tron in any case. I have 20 something machines here.
I'll play Fathom when it comes.

Agree. This is what I have been saying all along all of you have other games. Give the guy a break already in the new world for goodness sakes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/70?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.