CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 154.
#3401 1 year ago

I've never heard of or seen a baseboard heater.

#3402 1 year ago

Centaur
EBD
Harlem Globetrotters
Skateball

#3403 1 year ago
476DF351-D54A-458E-940A-A7F198051179 (resized).png476DF351-D54A-458E-940A-A7F198051179 (resized).png
#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ll happily pay you a finders fee for these cheap Medusas.

I’ll second second that!

#3405 1 year ago

I went looking at Medusa to learn more about the game
I found this old TNT video, and after watching it I can definitely see a 2.0 version working very well

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I found this old TNT video, and after watching it I can definitely see a 2.0 version working very well

The speech is killer

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

100%, Medusa has to be on the list, unlicensed, awesome artwork, fetches a premium, some really cool opportunities for a 2.0 rule set to leverage the uncommon mechs the game uses.

Only draw backs I see for it not being high on the list is the additional tooling required to get it going, it has a lot of different components on it... I assume a game like EBD would likely be a "cheaper" second game for Haggis to make due to the similarities of the mechs with Fathom. I'm going to guess Centaur would need more new tooling too vs a game like EBD.

#3408 1 year ago

Posted on Kaneda's Facebook page.

278191256_3070347583227258_1129551518148755244_n (resized).jpg278191256_3070347583227258_1129551518148755244_n (resized).jpg

278191256_3070347583227258_1129551518148755244_n (1) (resized).jpg278191256_3070347583227258_1129551518148755244_n (1) (resized).jpg
#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Any $1K Medusa now in my area would be absolutely trashed, not sure where you're getting that number at. It's like saying you can get $2K BSD's and $4K whitewaters. Not in todays market...

Its neo - he’s been undervaluing games since he got in the hobby- nothing to see here.

It’s as regular as his clown puke led posts…

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

No progress up dates eh?
My risk has not changed since i decided to take it.
I don't know why you keep starting up the same arguments with me over and over, don't people pay enough attention to you at home?
You are picking a scab from pages back.
And now I'm feelin' better
'Cause I found out for sure
She took me to her doctor
And he told me of a cure
He said that any love is good love
So I took what I could get
Yes, I took what I could get

How did no one posting for updates swing at this softball?

"but according to all those pinside guys, they said
we ain't seen nothing yet
cmon and post now haggis
no we ain't seen nothing yet"

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s as regular as his clown puke led posts…

Ohhhh THAT GUY?! LOL

I'm glad I don't spend that much time here to get to know all the douchebags posting traits.

Yes mods, go ahead and moderate this if it makes you feel better. Geez louise. I'll continue to donate. <rolleyes>

#3412 1 year ago

double post
not really I just tried to edit and hit the damned quote link... again.
Why can't these 2 links be separated better?!

#3413 1 year ago

Anyone care to explain who/what Duck pinball is? Looks like he is a pinball restorer from Argentina?
Seems like a long way to go for someone considering the haggis playfield construction process is different then a standard pinball machine?

Someone educate me here on what I’m missing

#3414 1 year ago

It would be fun for us to follow what you are talking about too?

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posted on Kaneda's Facebook page.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This post here
Duck pinball arrived at haggis to work on fathom

#3416 1 year ago

ahh, sorry, i thought the canada bloke must have been working there.

#3417 1 year ago

No I believe the great sandwich is working on the DeepRoot RAZA machines. There are secret investors that he can’t talk about

#3418 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

No I believe the great sandwich is working on the DeepRoot RAZA machines. There are secret investors that he can’t talk about

loose meat sandwich?

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Anyone care to explain who/what Duck pinball is? Looks like he is a pinball restorer from Argentina?
Seems like a long way to go for someone considering the haggis playfield construction process is different then a standard pinball machine?

Yeah I was scratching my head too when I saw it on FB.

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah I was scratching my head too when I saw it on FB.

My best guess is that they needed to resource up to improve production line throughput with spray painter for the cabinets clear coating, also isn’t the acrylic on the playfields also clear coated?

#3421 1 year ago

The 2 secret groups bailed out of having anything to do with Deeproot pinball. I reached out to one of the big auction winners but they will do as they please, along with the others. I have no talks with Damian & wish him well getting many games built. Rick @ PPS contacted me, & that is why I have toned it down towards Haggis Pinball. Have a good weekend everyone.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

My read is the guy is a skilled and experienced pinball enthusiast who just landed his dream job. With wife and family back home supporting him. Read his message again and see how exuberant he is.
Sounds like a win/win to me and I'm pleased to have someone with such passion building my game.

My excitable friend Kaneda is calling it red flags and I wholeheartedly disagree.

#3423 1 year ago

John ... stop drinking ... I contacted you about Classic Sterns, did not mention Haggis and have never mentioned anything about Haggis to you ... maybe just start talking about what you know and you would not be so paranoid ...

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Rick @ PPS contacted me, & that is why I have toned it down towards Haggis Pinball.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My excitable friend Kaneda is calling it red flags and I wholeheartedly disagree.

I’m sure I’d like Kaneda if I ever met him - I just choose to see the world differently.

Damien is a good dude and his passion will prevail. Fathoms are coming!

#3425 1 year ago

GO HAGGIS!

Needs to be on a shirt.

#3426 1 year ago

Damian has been wonderful and I believe in him.
Haggis is getting down to business and we will all be very pleased soon!!
Here is a tune for Damian to pump during the builds. Prove the naysayers wrong Haggis!!

#3427 1 year ago

more appropriate for an Aussie me thinks.

#3428 1 year ago

I won my fathom topper at an estate sale today. 36 inches tall. Weighs a bunch!

#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:I won my fathom topper at an estate sale today. 36 inches tall. Weighs a bunch![quoted image]

Dang that’s pretty cool.

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What in that Insta post shows any red flags??

Desperate. Clearly not enough negative pinball news at the moment so we have to make some up.

GO HAGGIS!

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68: My excitable friend Kaneda is calling it red flags and I wholeheartedly disagree.

Of course he would say that , until he's proven wrong and then he would say it's their best decision ever .

Quoted from cooked71:

What in that Insta post shows any red flags??
Desperate. Clearly not enough negative pinball news at the moment so we have to make some up.
GO HAGGIS!

He's praying for Haggis to fail , he's not a pinball enthusiast , he's just into drama .

https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-53ue9-12f1f009

#3433 1 year ago

Ok, let me apologize to everyone, including Kaneda for mentioning his name. I like him, I will defend him and I consider him a friend. But like with all of my friends, I speak my mind and we have disagreements. In fact, I think Kaneda and I share some personality traits and that's why he and I can irritate one another.

I appreciate all of his haters promoting his show with each mention, but I think its time to move along and get back on topic.

FYI. I'm also a proud friend with Flynnibus who is the natural enemy to Kaneda. LOL

#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Of course he would say that , until he's proven wrong and then he would say it's their best decision ever .

He's praying for Haggis to fail , he's not a pinball enthusiast , he's just into drama .
https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-53ue9-12f1f009

You are correct sir!!!!

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

You are correct sir!!!!

Would describe half the people in this thread.

Got a bet each way the lot of them.

"I'm praying that Haggis succeeds, and I'm confident they will, BUT"

No matter what happens they get to say I told you so.

#3436 1 year ago

There’s just one thing I can’t get my head around. If the series holders games are going into testing this week, so apparently made and the game I’m fully paid up for and ready for boxing in 6 weeks is being built, then why doesn’t haggis just show a few pictures of those "completed" games going into testing to shut all the nay sayers up?
Celts got plenty of updates. There was no problems keeping people up to date there. Why all the secrecy? It would sure take a lot of heat off them right now.
I’m backing haggis in here but I’d feel a lot better if I just saw something.

#3437 1 year ago

I believe they realised their mistake with the updates. There will never be enough to satisfy the whiners.

First it's 'Just give me an update, anything but radio silence?'. Then that happens and it's why haven't they shown this or that?

There's even been people wanting to see their financial records, inventory lists and that they have kept certain monies separate to other monies.

It will never satisfy people, so best to just leave them whinging.

#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe they realised their mistake with the updates. There will never be enough to satisfy the whiners.
First it's 'Just give me an update, anything but radio silence?'. Then that happens and it's why haven't they shown this or that?
There's even been people wanting to see their financial records, inventory lists and that they have kept certain monies separate to other monies.
It will never satisfy people, so best to just leave them whinging.

Agreed. They decided it was best to just go from a completely transparent company “follow us on YouTube for daily updates” to one with closed doors. Makes sense.

9FE748AA-8454-46B8-822C-EF7F27361B79 (resized).jpeg9FE748AA-8454-46B8-822C-EF7F27361B79 (resized).jpeg
#3439 1 year ago

Thanks Rick. Still drinking beer as usual, & waiting on any new pictures on mass production of Fathom builds.

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Agreed. They decided it was best to just go from a completely transparent company “follow us on YouTube for daily updates” to one with closed doors. Makes sense.[quoted image]

I really enjoyed the updates. I got the feeling like Haggis was this unusually open and honest company that was taking us all on this journey with them. And that was really refreshing compared to most of the other pinball companies. But now that feeling is more or less gone.

I for one was looking forward to seeing how their facilities and production process came along. Like did their main driveway / loading gate ever get corrected and connected properly to the main road? What does their workflow process look like now compared to a year ago? You know, that kind of thing. Nothing that I would normally expect to know about a pinball company per se, but just stuff that's cool and interesting to learn about, that Haggis uniquely shared with us.

Damian's excitement and enthusiasm were contagious, and his updates were always entertaining. I miss them.

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I really enjoyed the updates. I got the feeling like Haggis was this unusually open and honest company that was taking us all on this journey with them. And that was really refreshing compared to most of the other pinball companies. But now that feeling is more or less gone.
I for one was looking forward to seeing how their facilities and production process came along. Like did their main driveway / loading gate ever get corrected and connected properly to the main road? What does their workflow process look like now compared to a year ago? You know, that kind of thing. Nothing that I would normally expect to know about a pinball company per se, but just stuff that's cool and interesting to learn about, that Haggis uniquely shared with us.
Damian's excitement and enthusiasm were contagious, and his updates were always entertaining. I miss them.

I agree. It seemed like they were on a journey to figure this thing out (never claiming to be experts) and taking their subscribers/ customers along for the ride; warts and all. Those were pretty fun updates. I hope the stress of missed deadlines and unforeseen hardships haven’t taken the fun out of them making games.

#3442 1 year ago

Hopefully it will all come back once the detractors are shut down (if ever).

I agree, it was nice. Till the kids started throwing their toys out of the fucking cot.

#3443 1 year ago

Was watching the teaser gameplay video yet again today and am thinking we are going to find the 2.0 code to be surprisingly deep

Then I started thinking about what a centaur revisited code could be like
Personally I hope that it’s theme is very dark, lots of metal in the background music etc. summoning dark creatures etc etc

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

There’s just one thing I can’t get my head around. If the series holders games are going into testing this week, so apparently made and the game I’m fully paid up for and ready for boxing in 6 weeks is being built, then why doesn’t haggis just show a few pictures of those "completed" games going into testing to shut all the nay sayers up?
Celts got plenty of updates. There was no problems keeping people up to date there. Why all the secrecy? It would sure take a lot of heat off them right now.
I’m backing haggis in here but I’d feel a lot better if I just saw something.

Because there are no fully assembled, ground up Haggis built games to show as yet. It's the only answer that makes sense.

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

*If* Medusa is made, make sure the drop target assembly is a little more user friendly.

#3446 1 year ago

Just curious and this might have been posted already, but has anyone received an invoice that is not a series ticket holder?

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I really enjoyed the updates. I got the feeling like Haggis was this unusually open and honest company that was taking us all on this journey with them.

That's exactly why I chose Haggis & the fathom mermaid as my very first new in box pinball! I've owned around 150 pinball games over the last 25 years (currently have 31) and never bought a NIB game. I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a toy.

Haggis seemed different. He went from not knowing how to remove a backglass in his 1st pinball game to building the 2021 best modern pinball game at pincinatti. And, we got those insanely interesting, almost daily updates. I still remember the video of the gadget they made to test wear on the playfield. It rolled the ball back and forth continuously for months. Damian showed 0 wear after all that abuse. And, the video showing how they make their own cabinet decals. And even the driveway video update was interesting!

That's the kind of stuff that made me chose fathom. I thought I was in for a fun ride of pinball manufacturing but instead I'm sitting here wondering if I just threw $4400 out the window. They've done a complete 180 and it's not comforting or reassuring. I'm feeling a little swindled or maybe hoodwinked is a better word for the situation.

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Just curious and this might have been posted already, but has anyone received an invoice that is not a series ticket holder?

Yes. I’m not a series ticket holder but got my invoice about 2 weeks ago.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

did u pay?

EDIT: I just reread your post 3436.

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

What is your game number?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/69?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.