image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 157.
#3351 2 years ago

I posted this in one of the unfrequented haggis threads but would be interesting to get some opinions in here about the other games in the series.

My bets would be on the following in this order based on likeness of parts between the models
1. Fathom
2. Centaur
3. Eight Ball Deluxe
4. Medusa
5. Elektra
Number 5 is the one that I think is the hardest to guess.
While I know nothing at all about licensing I feel that Flash Gordon would still have some type of additional license costs associated with it, being PPS and whoever owns the Flash Gordon License. Making it slightly more expensive to produce. And in my opinion if you were going to do a multilevel playfield remake Elektra is a better option
I’ve never really gotten in to EBD but it seems to have a cult following. If it was my choice I would replace EBD with fireball 2

What is everyone’s thoughts?

#3352 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

What is everyone’s thoughts?

Walk before you run

#3353 2 years ago

1. Fathom
2. Mr & Mrs Pac-Man.
3. Supersonic
4. Voltan escapes cosmic Doom
5. Crocodile Hunter

#3354 2 years ago

1. Fathom
2. Flash Gordon
3. Voltan 2.0 would be absolutely amazing.
4. Frontier
5. Paragon

#3355 2 years ago

Sorcerer is by far the best of that era i think. Dunno if it counts, being a proper Williams?

I have a beautiful restored one, so i hope they don't make it in one way, but i love to share it and take it to freeplay shows, so i'd love everyone to have one in that way.

This is my front four now. Lost World gets a LOT of play, and that's a Bally?

DSCF0895[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0895[1] (resized).jpg

#3356 2 years ago

You guys are funny.

Who’s gonna pay $8999 USD (or $12k Aussie) for a Supersonic? Or a Lost World?

The only ones that will sell for that money are:

Fathom
Centaur
Maybe EBD

Voltan is valuable now because it’s rare. Not because it’s a good player. It’s a very average Bally typical of that time. You can watch the people who buy them here on Pinside, they keep them for a few months then they’re up for sale again.

Paragon is the best of the rest, one of the coolest pinballs ever made - but that can be bought very cheaply, even for a mint example.

Maybe a Paragon with added Multiball might grab the buyers.

rd

#3357 2 years ago

Always have good views mate and i agree with a lot of them. It's my emotional sense and the fact that i love it so much for Lost World for me. But no, i prob's wouldn't.

Mine is beautiful and has some real $ sunk in it, but that's not for everyone, and i still wouldn't get what i'd need for a Haggis if i sold it.

But then again, i would for a Sorcerer if i didn't have this, and maybe still would.

#3358 2 years ago

Interesting choices, for some reason I thought they were all going to be 1981 pins, but not sure where I got that from.
If it was to span the 1980’s then dungeons and dragons would be at number 3, after centaur of course

#3359 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone buying more than one game for their own use is looking to speculate. I personally dont care about him looking to flip for profit - good luck to him. But he took a punt, a gamble, that he would own 2 or 3 rare games to sell down the track for profit. If you gamble then your potential return is calculated on the risk. If there was no risk it would be free money.
He may well complain about his initial single order, but doesnt get extra brownie points for buying 2 or 3 flip games.

Fair enough. I understand your point. He’s supporting the business just the same though. In the end that cash is more important than words.

#3360 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Fair enough. I understand your point. He’s supporting the business just the same though. In the end that cash is more important than words.

Call me biased but I think an updated Xenon would sell through. Not the most exciting but definitely the most beautiful. I’d have to believe it’s one of the least expensive to reproduce out of that list as well. Susanne Ciani is still alive and well to boot.

#3361 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You guys are funny.
Who’s gonna pay $8999 USD (or $12k Aussie) for a Supersonic? Or a Lost World?
The only ones that will sell for that money are:
Fathom
Centaur
Maybe EBD
Voltan is valuable now because it’s rare. Not because it’s a good player. It’s a very average Bally typical of that time. You can watch the people who buy them here on Pinside, they keep them for a few months then they’re up for sale again.
Paragon is the best of the rest, one of the coolest pinballs ever made - but that can be bought very cheaply, even for a mint example.
Maybe a Paragon with added Multiball might grab the buyers.
rd

Fathom
Centaur
EBD
Flash Gordon
Medusa

Are the 5 that make the most sense and are the only ones current value wise for a fully restored game that make any sense. The last 2 might still be hard to sell a ton of.

#3362 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

one of the coolest pinballs ever made - but that can be bought very cheaply, even for a mint example.

really ? I thought a nice/restored Paragon would command high dollars.

#3363 2 years ago

Nope they are $3-4 k here in the states.

Quoted from chalkup8:

really ? I thought a nice/restored Paragon would command high dollars.

#3364 2 years ago

A brand new reproduction of any of these games will probably cost less than acquiring and restoring an original. On top of that it seems like any brand new pinball machine is an instant sell out so I suspect the titles they make won't matter a ton regardless of people's individual opinions.

#3365 2 years ago

Man, I wish some of you guys would rank Medusa higher in your wish list.

No matter, get Fathom in my house first and then I'll start in with the snide comments.

#3366 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The last 2 might still be hard to sell a ton of.

If they could get full rights to use movie clips + the Queen soundtrack and add new Sam Jones callouts, they could sell at least 3k Flash Gordon 2.0s. (Yea, big “if”)

They would need to have 2 or 3 successful titles done before attempting this feat though.

#3367 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Man, I wish some of you guys would rank Medusa higher in your wish list.
No matter, get Fathom in my house first and then I'll start in with the snide comments.

Me too - someone needs to get the spigots turned on for Zipper Flipper replacement parts again. I thanked Wally Welch for keeping all those Ted Zale games alive, by using ZFs in Medusa...but the world needs another shot of those parts again at this point.

#3368 2 years ago

My top 3 choices,
Centaur, Flash Gordon, which I have.
And Medusa.

#3369 2 years ago

Medusa has the greatest open field... but it also has some of the highest material and development costs. Makes it a tough one to tackle. Tons of drops, zipper flippers, lit flippers, segment displays in the PF, etc.

EBD with extended rules or Centaur (due to it's market value) are the incremental opportunities.. Flash Gordon is a sweet option if they upped their IP game.

But you could have real wild cards like KISS with new music?

The other GOOD games of the era I think you'd just struggle to sell at 8k... and you'd have a King of Diamonds situation...

#3370 2 years ago

I'd definitely buy an original Eight Ball

#3371 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Medusa has the greatest open field... but it also has some of the highest material and development costs. Makes it a tough one to tackle. Tons of drops, zipper flippers, lit flippers, segment displays in the PF, etc.

Come on Flynn, it's a fantasy pick, why ya gotta bring reality into it. Besides, I think if anybody can do it, Haggis can.

How come no one ever mentions the player operated, Shield of Gods, ball save on Medusa. Its a cool challenge with a limited use, countdown display that you can add to with skilled gameplay. ....And I hate most between the flippers ball saves.

#3372 2 years ago

Haggis is still alive as I just received a small package from them.
Great support and backup.

#3373 2 years ago

Look at the bright side, someone inquired at Cointaker on when they'd get a new Godzilla Premium if they put a deposit today, and they told them early 2024. With Haggis, you can get your game quicker than a brand new Stern!!

#3374 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Look at the bright side, someone inquired at Cointaker on when they'd get a new Godzilla Premium if they put a deposit today, and they told them early 2024. With Haggis, you can get your game quicker than a brand new Stern!!

Wow 2024? you would have to think that it more of a "stop bothering us with enquiries quote" but stern does have a pretty full roster for the rest of the year, the only way they are going to get on top of it effectively is to either start retiring games in the catalog or go 24 hours on the current production line (parts shortages not withstanding)

#3375 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

By my count d0n has 3x as much skin in the game as anyone here shouting “Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi” so let him have his opinion.

I have 4 mermaid preorders actually.

#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Everyone's got an opinion mate. You are welcome to yours.

Back in the topic of d0n and his “change”. I doubt increasing his risk from $1k to $4k aka showing more skin, had any effect. What is different though is the lack of any difference. First quarter 2022 is gone and still no progress updates, radio silence from Haggis and inconsistent email response to customers.

If that doesn’t make you nervous then you are fearless. The rest of everyone is nervous. NOT because they might lose a few thousand dollars, but because the future of getting their ordered product is no longer 100% certain. Don’t you have maybe 1-2% odds this might fail? Anything is possible and so far we’ve seen some road blocks. The idea of sending in balance of payment without seeing proof of progress is clinically ’insane’.

#3377 2 years ago

No progress up dates eh?

My risk has not changed since i decided to take it.

I don't know why you keep starting up the same arguments with me over and over, don't people pay enough attention to you at home?

You are picking a scab from pages back.

And now I'm feelin' better
'Cause I found out for sure
She took me to her doctor
And he told me of a cure
He said that any love is good love
So I took what I could get
Yes, I took what I could get

#3378 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fathom
Centaur
EBD
Flash Gordon
Medusa
Are the 5 that make the most sense and are the only ones current value wise for a fully restored game that make any sense. The last 2 might still be hard to sell a ton of.

medusa is everywhere and not hard to find for $1000-1200. Wouldnt' be a good one to try and get 9k out of.

#3379 2 years ago

IGNORED USER COMMENT

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Back in the topic of d0n and his “change”. I doubt increasing his risk from $1k to $4k aka showing more skin, had any effect. What is different though is the lack of any difference. First quarter 2022 is gone and still no progress updates, radio silence from Haggis and inconsistent email response to customers.
If that doesn’t make you nervous then you are fearless. The rest of everyone is nervous. NOT because they might lose a few thousand dollars, but because the future of getting their ordered product is no longer 100% certain. Don’t you have maybe 1-2% odds this might fail? Anything is possible and so far we’ve seen some road blocks. The idea of sending in balance of payment without seeing proof of progress is clinically ’insane’.

It seems that even though I've ignored punkin he's still seeing and commenting negatively on everything I post and people are responding to him & tagging me. I kind of assumed if you ignored someone, it blocked them too? I guess not.

May is right around the corner. 5 weeks ago, Damian said games would start to ship in 8 weeks in May. If misses another self imposed deadline & that that doesn't actually happen, I think this entire post will take a turn.

I wanna believe!

GO HAGGIS!

#3380 2 years ago

Yes the world revolves around you d0n. If you don't want to see me i'm not allowed to post.

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

medusa is everywhere and not hard to find for $1000-1200. Wouldnt' be a good one to try and get 9k out of.

I’ll happily pay you a finders fee for these cheap Medusas.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

IGNORED USER COMMENT

It seems that even though I've ignored punkin he's still seeing and commenting negatively on everything I post and people are responding to him & tagging me. I kind of assumed if you ignored someone, it blocked them too? I guess not.
May is right around the corner. 5 weeks ago, Damian said games would start to ship in 8 weeks in May. If misses another self imposed deadline & that that doesn't actually happen, I think this entire post will take a turn.
I wanna believe!
GO HAGGIS!

Believe me, I’ll be stopping by once your “first” one shows up.

If you want to talk hypotheticals, first games ship in May. That will demonstrate the games can be built. If you were to think of how many games could this company produce? My answer would be 15 per month, based on Spooky’s production experience over first two years. Doesn’t sound like a lot but that would be very respectable if adhered to because it accounts for parts shortages. So let’s say you are in the middle of the pack and game #125, then you probably need nine months to produce your game plus 3 months to deliver it in US so you might expect to see your game today, but one year in the future. Yikes!!

Then balance of games to be delivered, but production should speed up a lot by then. Only things certain in life - death, taxes, Fathom will be delivered, but later than promised. This is going to be a long, long, long, long thread until the last Fathom is accounted for. But on the bright side, it is almost all downhill for Haggis now. Go HAGGIS !!

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ll happily pay you a finders fee for these cheap Medusas.

ya beat me to it.

the very few ive seen for sale in the last year or so, north of 3 k.

btw, medusa run just slightly less than both centaur and fathom. Centaur, 3700 units, fathom, 3,500 units. Medusa, 3,250 units.

#3384 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

ya beat me to it.
the very few ive seen for sale in the last year or so, north of 3 k.
btw, medusa run just slightly less than both centaur and fathom. Centaur, 3700 units, fathom, 3,500 units. Medusa, 3,250 units.

I don't even think that highly of Medusa as a game, but a bargain is a bargain

#3385 2 years ago

Believe me, I’ll be stopping by once your “first” one shows up.

plus 3 months to deliver it in US

You will have to come over for sure and play it.

The 1st one will be shipped using DHL which is supposed to be around 10 days. The last 3 can come on the slow boat.

#3386 2 years ago

I see the predicted sale coming up.

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I see the predicted sale coming up.

not on the first one. Second one, yeah, but I think D0n is too excited to sell off the first. There should be many sharks swimming around for copies 2-4 and I know of one, personally.

#3388 2 years ago

Medusa before and after…. Interesting game with the zipper flipper feature.

36B8071D-3979-42B5-8690-0EBFE3657486 (resized).jpeg36B8071D-3979-42B5-8690-0EBFE3657486 (resized).jpegFDA89458-39BA-49ED-9ED0-70B0250C3CED (resized).jpegFDA89458-39BA-49ED-9ED0-70B0250C3CED (resized).jpeg
#3389 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Any $1K Medusa now in my area would be absolutely trashed, not sure where you're getting that number at. It's like saying you can get $2K BSD's and $4K whitewaters. Not in todays market...

#3390 2 years ago

Snowman dang nice Bally collection let alone the Medusa.
Never looked at a Medusa before, but it looks very cool.
Time to hit IPDB and Youtube for info.

#3391 2 years ago

not on the first one. Second one, yeah, but I think D0n is too excited to sell off the first. There should be many sharks swimming around for copies 2-4 and I know of one, personally.

Definitely not selling my first one anytime soon! It will be my 1st ever NIB game. I've owned around 150 pins in my life (have 31 now) & always bought used games to save a few bucks BUT this title and the quality of the Celts, really made me make the leap. My goal is to end up with a free fathom mermaid after selling the other 3 games. Time will tell.

#3392 2 years ago
Quoted from Snowman:

Medusa before and after…. Interesting game with the zipper flipper feature.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that an electric baseboard heater mounted on the wall?! :O

#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Is that an electric baseboard heater mounted on the wall?! :O

That's a mini split ductless heating/AC system probably by Mitsubishi and they are fantastic. Google for information.

#3394 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's a mini split ductless heating/AC system probably by Mitsubishi and they are fantastic. Google for information.

Mini splits are the shznit!

#3395 2 years ago

I have not ordered yet but I'm definitely in for a standard. I like it fine just the way it was back in the day

#3396 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Definitely not selling my first one anytime soon! It will be my 1st ever NIB game. I've owned around 150 pins in my life (have 31 now) & always bought used games to save a few bucks BUT this title and the quality of the Celts, really made me make the leap. My goal is to end up with a free fathom mermaid after selling the other 3 games. Time will tell.

There's your price jeff, 3k over what you could have had it for.

#3397 2 years ago

Congratulations to all of those who are getting a new Fathom game! I am excited for you and hope the games will ship soon!

#3398 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That is not part of a minisplit. I have one in my arcade and tinyhouse.

That's 100% an electric baseboard heater.

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

That is not part of a minisplit. I have one in my arcade and tinyhouse.
That's 100% an electric baseboard heater.

I’ve worked in HVAC. Definitely can be part of a mini split. Wouldn’t make any sense to mount baseboard heat at that height.

#3400 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

that is not a minisplit. That's an electric baseboard heater.

You may be right. Never seen a baseboard heater up that high before though....

GO HAGGIS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.