image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 157.
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I would say Kaneda was a creepy weirdo when he was on Pinside.
Go talk to Pinside and try to get him back on.

That would be a supreme waste of time, and I think the status quo is just fine as is.

Quoted from kklank:

List of companies I ordered games from.
Pinball Brothers
Deep Root
Dutch
Heighway Pinball
Haggis.
Guess that means I don’t care about others. Lol.
Stop trying to create an argument. Unnecessary.

I think you missed my point. I don't think that supporting startups is a bad thing. I'm supporting Haggis myself. But you can't use Kaneda's bad behavior in the past as a reason why we shouldn't listen to or enjoy his content now, when you chose to ignore just as bad or worse behavior by people like Robert Mueller and Jpop. It's a double-standard. Hopefully, you can understand what I'm saying here.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't care as much as I do. Guess, I'm just bored waiting for games I've ordered to ship.

#3303 2 years ago

They need to swindle as much as possible. Some guy on the internet said so.

GO HAGGIS!

1-wild-haggis-1 (resized).jpg1-wild-haggis-1 (resized).jpg

#3304 2 years ago

Well I bit the bullet and paid up. If all reports are true we should be seeing those series games very soon. Spoke with a guy who is a series holder and he said his game was going into testing.
Go Haggis!

#3305 2 years ago

Great news!

#3306 2 years ago

you do realize that is an article just reporting on the stuff already here?

Circular reference

#3307 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

you do realize that is an article just reporting on the stuff already here?
Circular reference

half the posts in this thread are rehashing of previous posts.

I'm looking forward to some deliveries of fathom, although i'm certain it won't stop the naysayers from saying the company is going broke and everyone should be wary of paying in full as they might be the group to not get a machine.

#3308 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

That would be a supreme waste of time, and I think the status quo is just fine as is.

I think you missed my point. I don't think that supporting startups is a bad thing. I'm supporting Haggis myself. But you can't use Kaneda's bad behavior in the past as a reason why we shouldn't listen to or enjoy his content now, when you chose to ignore just as bad or worse behavior by people like Robert Mueller and Jpop. It's a double-standard. Hopefully, you can understand what I'm saying here.
Anyway, I probably shouldn't care as much as I do. Guess, I'm just bored waiting for games I've ordered to ship.

I really don’t care what your opinion is.

#3309 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

half the posts in this thread are rehashing of previous posts.

95% of pinside is a circular reference.

#3310 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

95% of pinside is a circular reference.

There's a circular joke in there somewhere!

#3311 2 years ago

How in the world did everyone in this thread, including me, miss that yesterday (March 29th) was International Mermaid Day??

Happy Belated IMD to all the Haggis staff and all my fellow pinsiders!!

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

How in the world did everyone in this thread, including me, miss that yesterday (March 29th) was International Mermaid Day??

Nice

#3313 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Oh shit, I forgot to buy her flowers.

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Lol @ boomers being mad that people pay for podcasts or other web content that we enjoy, something that is EXTREMELY common today. Back in MY DAY we had to buy magazines and newspapers to get peoples opinions, darn kids and their series of tubes!!1!
FWIW- Despite being a happy Club member myself and having zero issue with it, my vote this year went to Silverball Chronicles specifically due to the membership fee.

Don't know about boomers, but Gen X types haven't liked paying for content since Napster was shut down

#3315 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Don't know about boomers, but Gen X types haven't liked paying for content since Napster was shut down

Great take from 2006. Also unaware of what is a boomer. Too funny. Pinside rules prevent me from going into further detail

#3316 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

never too late to celebrate!

4C3CAFFA-8AFF-40FC-B77A-9BB5BEBD6720.jpeg4C3CAFFA-8AFF-40FC-B77A-9BB5BEBD6720.jpeg
#3317 2 years ago
D8919A49-5F76-404F-81ED-DD8718401E58.jpegD8919A49-5F76-404F-81ED-DD8718401E58.jpeg
#3318 2 years ago
16B2563E-77FC-42AC-A9AC-DCC2DD58D878.jpeg16B2563E-77FC-42AC-A9AC-DCC2DD58D878.jpeg
#3319 2 years ago

Imagine if Haggis had shipped game #1 on Mermaid day.

A7AEE6C4-C160-427C-ACAD-22178CA2CA57.jpegA7AEE6C4-C160-427C-ACAD-22178CA2CA57.jpeg

#3320 2 years ago

1B148066-17C6-4A3C-8E70-DCFA8DA566AE.jpeg1B148066-17C6-4A3C-8E70-DCFA8DA566AE.jpeg

C810F7F4-119E-42C5-A27A-35CA632C49AF.jpegC810F7F4-119E-42C5-A27A-35CA632C49AF.jpeg6CD3B888-884E-4378-BBFF-B7C95178D498.jpeg6CD3B888-884E-4378-BBFF-B7C95178D498.jpeg
#3321 2 years ago

The backglass released!

mermaid (resized).jpgmermaid (resized).jpg
#3322 2 years ago

Can't be, i don't own dirty gottliebs.

Even my woodrail is a proper Williams machine.

#3323 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't be, i don't own dirty gottliebs.
Even my woodrail is a proper Williams machine.

Finally something I disagree with you about !
I love em all

#3324 2 years ago

Nah, DE...too much maintenance. Gottlieb...clunky, fucked up flippers. Zacharia... too weird. JJP... bunch of cunts. Stern...same ol same ol (with a few exceptions no doubt).

Bally/Willaims for the win.

Spooky, weird but wonderful. American pinball, company that cares.

Haggis...Proper fucking aussies.

GO HAGGIS

394812068_22a3c001eb_n (resized).jpg394812068_22a3c001eb_n (resized).jpg

#3325 2 years ago

Over the run of Celtics 1) how many were made 2) what was the average delivery per month?

Respectfully

#3326 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Over the run of Celtics 1) how many were made 2) what was the average delivery per month?
Respectfully

ask Stern

#3327 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Respectfully

From the numbers we've seen on the last boxes that shipped before Damian said the Celts run was done ... between 50 and 60 total Celts. Not sure how many they delivered per month. On average I'd guess very few... 3-4 per month maybe? They weren't exactly pumping them out.

I'm wondering if pinside should change the date of haggis mermaids from 2021 to 2022 to make it more accurate? Look at the top of this page and notice it says 2021?

#3328 2 years ago

Arent they too busy with a Frasier reskin?

Quoted from d0n:

From the numbers we've seen on the last boxes that shipped before Damian said the Celts run was done ... between 50 and 60 total Celts. Not sure how many they delivered per month. On average I'd guess very few... 3-4 per month maybe? They weren't exactly pumping them out.
I'm wondering if pinside should change the date of haggis mermaids from 2021 to 2022 to make it more accurate? Look at the top of this page and notice it says 2021?

At this point in time money sitting idle is an option wasted. Particularly, if its a shorter run (365). An approximate time to have funds available would be considerate. If guessing is possible at this point in production. But I understand the freedoms of NOT setting milestones. Publicly.
Id be happy just knowing if the entire run (of Mermaids) was planned for 12, 18 or 24 months. And how long manufacturing (such as plasma cutter down, ran out of pallet etc…) delays were during the last/first run.
Idle money doesnt help anyones/any countries economic situation.

#3329 2 years ago

We must be close to seeing a series ticket holder game by now.

#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

We must be close to seeing a series ticket holder game by now.

Next week should be game testing for a bunch according to the rumors.

#3331 2 years ago

I personally can’t wait to see a higher res video that captures the displays on the apron. I like the idea of them being in the instructions card position adds that technical step forward without compromising the back glass art.

Considering they are making mirrored back glasses on site it could open up another opportunity for them just to produce certain reproductions under license
Would be nice to have someone on this side of the world doing backglass

#3332 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Considering they are making mirrored back glasses on site it could open up another opportunity for them just to produce certain reproductions under license
Would be nice to have someone on this side of the world doing backglass

That would be great , put me down for a fish tales mirrored back glass .
I'm afraid to order one from halfway around the world .

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I personally can’t wait to see a higher res video that captures the displays on the apron.

In attract mode , I can picture a mermaid popping her head out of the water on the LCD and giving you a sexy look and disappearing into the water and popping up again on the other LCD and giving you an evil /scary look and then disappearing again under the water .

#3334 2 years ago

GO HAGGIS!

haggis-nicholas-cage.gifhaggis-nicholas-cage.gif
#3335 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Same. Put me down for a Meteor thanks Damian.

#3336 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I ordered a backglass from the other side of the world, it took just over 7 months in shipping alone. After about 4 months I had given up and forgotten about it, until one day it just turned up.
While it was a nice backglass to replace a old translite I don’t think it was work the close to $700aud I paid for it

Now I’m just taking out my arse here but it would seem to be a lost opportunity to not have that process (backglass manufacturing) running as much as possible
As a nice side income stream.

#3337 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I ordered a backglass from the other side of the world, it took just over 7 months in shipping alone. After about 4 months I had given up and forgotten about it, until one day it just turned up.
While it was a nice backglass to replace a old translite I don’t think it was work the close to $700aud I paid for it
Now I’m just taking out my arse here but it would seem to be a lost opportunity to not have that process (backglass manufacturing) running as much as possible
As a nice side income stream.

Cost $60-100us for a small box from the states atm, let alone a fucking backglass. You'd be getting the BG for free from here once you took the freight away from it.

I know how much a spare Celts BG was a while back too, would be tempting as hell to get some mirrored nice ones for beautiful machines.

Lenticular is my new fav since i got my Tron.

#3338 2 years ago

UPS is very quick. Must of been on the slow boat, not air!

#3339 2 years ago

I was quoted this week $140 usd for a handful of screws. Quick but not happening.

#3340 2 years ago
Quoted from Jumpydoctor:

I was quoted this week $140 usd for a handful of screws. Quick but not happening.

Some companies who ship to Aus out of the US are hopeless or don't give a sh$t. I've seen some really ridiculous quotes over the years. Conversely I've landed plenty of stuff at reasonable rates and still by air and I buy quite a lot of stuff from the US per annum.

#3341 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Lenticular is my new fav since i got my Tron.

I've been saying this for ever! I can't believe we don't see more of these! Avatar is an amazing lenticular!!

#3342 2 years ago

#3343 2 years ago

If I could find the sound effect for beating a dead horse i'd post that here also.

#3344 2 years ago

So fucking funny watching the change in someone whose big fucking mouth got them in over their comfort level.

0a0fe85a6ce010fde3447af561fa076e_w200.gif0a0fe85a6ce010fde3447af561fa076e_w200.gif

#3345 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So fucking funny watching the change in someone whose big fucking mouth got them in over their comfort level.
[quoted image]

Says the thin skinned guy that can’t refrain from commenting on every post. I find that funny as well.

#3346 2 years ago

By my count d0n has 3x as much skin in the game as anyone here shouting “Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi” so let him have his opinion.

#3347 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

By my count d0n has 3x as much skin in the game as anyone here shouting “Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi” so let him have his opinion.

180 degree opinion change since he got the extra skin is the funny thing. Search his posts.

Laugh at me all you want, it's a thing with us Australians, we like to laugh at ourselves.

Oi. Oi. oi.

#3348 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

180 degree opinion change since he got the extra skin is the funny thing. Search his posts.
Laugh at me all you want, it's a thing with us Australians, we like to laugh at ourselves.
Oi. Oi. oi.

I’m just saying your bit gets older with each passing day. I was with you when people were losing their minds unnecessarily but Christ… now you want to ridicule someone that’s more
invested in your beloved company than most. Haggis did the 180 when it came to public relations and letting everyone in on the process. “Crickets” is deserved.

#3349 2 years ago

Everyone's got an opinion mate. You are welcome to yours.

#3350 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:someone that’s more
invested in your beloved company than most

Anyone buying more than one game for their own use is looking to speculate. I personally dont care about him looking to flip for profit - good luck to him. But he took a punt, a gamble, that he would own 2 or 3 rare games to sell down the track for profit. If you gamble then your potential return is calculated on the risk. If there was no risk it would be free money.

He may well complain about his initial single order, but doesnt get extra brownie points for buying 2 or 3 flip games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/67?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.