image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.
#3251 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I just realized Fathom Mermaid has no shaker motor. Now, you might be thinking why would it need one? Well it is one of the ways modern players are rewarded for starting or completing a mode. In Fathom you spend lots of energy locking balls, so when they are released, it would be nice to have a few good shakes (that’s what she said). What do you think? Should a shaker motor and shaker support be added in Fathom remake?

I never expected a shaker in this game and I’m not sure how it would fit in a theme like this but what the heck, why not.

#3252 2 years ago

dive horn/ringer >> shaker

#3253 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Explain how he wins podcaster of the year 5 years in a row then? He's the ONLY pinball podcaster who has a major following that pay MONEY every month to hear what he has to say.
You're flat out wrong. The majority do love him. Some don't obviously... but enough do, that he can't lose at the TWIPYs and he's making bank talking about pinball on the internet.
This is the fathom post but you can make it about kaneda if you want.

He wins it by telling his 450 fans to vote for him to make themselves feeling better for paying for a podcast

#3254 2 years ago

Lol @ boomers being mad that people pay for podcasts or other web content that we enjoy, something that is EXTREMELY common today. Back in MY DAY we had to buy magazines and newspapers to get peoples opinions, darn kids and their series of tubes!!1!

FWIW- Despite being a happy Club member myself and having zero issue with it, my vote this year went to Silverball Chronicles specifically due to the membership fee.

#3255 2 years ago

Received an update from Damian last night. He stated the first group of fathoms will be finishing up being put together in the next week or so and then will move into final testing. We should start seeing a few games ship in April. Just remember that this is not stern and you will not see a giant row of fathoms on a line. Not sure how many haggis can build at a time but I would guess 5-10. So expect a bit of a slow start but things seem to be moving towards games shipping very soon. Things are about to get exciting.

#3256 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

And we haven’t seen a topper yet, right? I am thinking a large nautical themed, lighted one that is integrated with game play. If offered exclusively to Mermaid buyers, might make this game the envy of pinballers around the world. If they can’t think of anything to make, there is always the billy bass singing fish option.

I'd rather not see a topper on an 80's game. A shaker would be cool if it worked only in 2.0 gameplay. We still don't know if original sounds are heard when not playing 2.0.

#3257 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

expect a bit of a slow start

LOL... the understatement of the year

GO HAGGIS!

#3258 2 years ago

I hope those $5 payments are going towards tying up loose ends rather than make new ones.

#3259 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'd rather not see a topper on an 80's game. ...

The original Fathom had a very cool set of plastics to put on top of the backbox. Continued the backglass theme.

3ff5a8c73c715b67d0edc39748070fc2504ed074 (resized).jpg3ff5a8c73c715b67d0edc39748070fc2504ed074 (resized).jpg6a897f9e8bfcf2c1433f5369df8c9fc5fd4dc618 (resized).jpg6a897f9e8bfcf2c1433f5369df8c9fc5fd4dc618 (resized).jpg

#3260 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The original Fathom had a very cool set of plastics to put on top of the backbox. Continued the backglass theme.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have NEVER seen that. Interesting! Thanks for posting.

#3261 2 years ago

Cool topper!

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I have NEVER seen that. Interesting! Thanks for posting.

But you said you DIDN"T want to see it?

Quoted from d0n:

I'd rather not see a topper on an 80's game. A shaker would be cool if it worked only in 2.0 gameplay. We still don't know if original sounds are heard when not playing 2.0.

You're a contradiction. One minute you're buying multiple machines, nek minnie you're refusing to pay for them because you think you are being stolen from.
Then you don't want to see a topper, then you do and are grateful.

Funny ol world.

#3263 2 years ago

I have one as well, just have not put it on. How did you mount it?

#3264 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Mine is just an assortment of plastics and the screws are just directly into the backbox. Who knows if it is original. I can take pictures and measurements if needed.

#3265 2 years ago

Is that an original topper from Bally? I thought it was just a freebie from a CPR plastic reproduction set. They included some basic toppers in a few of their other plastic sets.

#3266 2 years ago

That was the CPR plastic set - not original AFAIK

CPR would fill in extra space on their sheets with custom plastics like this. Did the same thing for Getaway, etc

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I pulled the topper pics from this thread which should be helpful to you:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-topper-assembly

I previously owned a restored Fathom, but never got to assembling/installing the topper plastics before I sold them along with the game to a fellow Pinsider. He assembled it and you can see both at about 20 minutes into this video tour of his gameroom that Buffalo Pinball recently did:

#3268 2 years ago

The shoulders and head on the woman in the topper are god awful. WTF, she has arms growing out of her ears.

#3269 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

CPR would fill in extra space on their sheets with custom plastics like this. Did the same thing for Getaway, etc

Ah well - still looks cool and I hope Haggis incorporates something similar into a topper.

#3271 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry: Not sure how many haggis can build at a time but I would guess 5-10. So expect a bit of a slow start but things seem to be moving towards games shipping very soon. Things are about to get exciting.

That was the case when I visited the factory last year. About 5 Celts almost complete having their playfields assembled. About 5 cabinets being assembled & about 5 in the paint booth.

#3272 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

agreed. Toppers weren't a thing on 80's ballys afaik.

#3273 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

That was the case when I visited the factory last year. About 5 Celts almost complete having their playfields assembled. About 5 cabinets being assembled & about 5 in the paint booth.

Bill said their shed is smaller than half the size of mine. They should move up here. Rent is cheaper and the climate is the best in Australia.

Surf, weed and sunshine.

#3274 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The shoulders and head on the woman in the topper are god awful. WTF, she has arms growing out of her ears.

Gotta make room for the BOOBS! That's pinball design 101!

#3275 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That is indeed from the CPR plastic set, not original.

The original Fathom never had a topper from Bally.

#3276 2 years ago

Yes, it's been stated earlier.

#3277 2 years ago

I can indeed confirm that the topper isn't from the original Fathom. I was fortunate enough to have bought this in it's box back around '82 or so and this wasn't included IIRC.

#3278 2 years ago

Right, so that's sorted then.

Triple confirmed even and underlined.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Well, she's hunched over looking down into the water, and so that combined with the perspective might give you that impression. But it's actually a fairly accurate depiction if you take body stance and perspective into account.

#3280 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

He wins it by telling his 450 fans to vote for him to make themselves feeling better for paying for a podcast

Lol! BEST_comment_ever!!

#3281 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, she's hunched over looking down into the water, and so that combined with the perspective might give you that impression. But it's actually a fairly accurate depiction if you take body stance and perspective into account.

I once fought the World Heavyweight Champion, of Goanna pulling at Wooli NSW. And when i was down facing the big hulk with the strap around my ears, that's what my shoulders would have looked like i bet.

http://goannapulling.com.au/

GP_general_38A-600x400 (resized).jpgGP_general_38A-600x400 (resized).jpg

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:He wins it by telling his 450 fans to vote for him to make themselves feeling better for paying for a podcast

Well, then why did he win the other 4 years too?

For what it's worth, I'm a Kaneda subscriber and I didn't even vote for him in the Top 3 podcasts. I think I went Pinball Show, Silverball Chronicles, and maybe Slamtilt? I don't remember the 3rd exactly. I'm not a big fan of Kaneda's or anything, and don't always even find his show that entertaining, but his podcast is different from all the others out there. And I appreciate that he provides a counter-perspective to most others in the pinball media, and he also has some enjoyable news and rumors.

Quoted from kklank:

Kaneda is a turd whose opinion has zero value to me.
Doesn’t anybody remember how much of a prick that guy was on Pinside.
Good lord.
The majority DO NOT love that douchbag.

Most of us remember, or have heard about it 2nd hand. His antics are infamous, and it wasn't just on-Pinside either. Who could forget when he acted like a total ass at the 2019 NYC Pinball Championships, threw a drink in Tim Sexton's face, and had to be physically removed from the event. True douchebag-level stuff. Buuuut, for the most part he's left that behavior in the past. For at least the last year and a half or so, he's been a pretty decent person publicly. Right around the time his son was born actually. If Kaneda had kept up that boorish behavior, then I probably wouldn't still be a listener. But people change and move on.

I'm sure you'd like to move on and hope everyone just forgets about the Deeproot stuff, right? If I remember correctly, weren't you die-hard for Deeproot right up until the very end? When you pre-ordered a RAZA, I guess you didn't care about all the people that JPOP ripped off, or mind buying products from a company run by an egotistical asshole like Robert? Of course, that was before we knew just how much of an asshole Robert really was. So I mean, at this point it's kind of a glass houses situation, wouldn't you say?

#3283 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I once fought the World Heavyweight Champion, of Goanna pulling at Wooli NSW. And when i was down facing the big hulk with the strap around my ears, that's what my shoulders would have looked like i bet.
[quoted image]

How your boobs look though?

#3284 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

How your boobs look though?

Pierced.

#3285 2 years ago

All paid in full for #77 (requested number). Can't wait.

#3286 2 years ago

you-lucky-lucky-bastard-life-of-brian-you-lucky-bastard.gifyou-lucky-lucky-bastard-life-of-brian-you-lucky-bastard.gif

#3287 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is that an original topper from Bally? I thought it was just a freebie from a CPR plastic reproduction set. They included some basic toppers in a few of their other plastic sets.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Quoted from RobertWinter:

That is indeed from the CPR plastic set, not original.
The original Fathom never had a topper from Bally.

I bought the restored Fathom from Tuna_Delight and it is shown in the tour of my game room that Buffalo Pinball did. I can confirm that those plastics came with the original. CPR later did a reproduction of it but the set I have is original and shows some age. With the original there was no way included to mount the plastics which is why they were rarely displayed and little known. I mounted them with addressable LEDs under them that I programmed with an Aduino so it gives the impression of light reflecting off water.

#3288 2 years ago

Many wrong one right, or one wrong many right? Who knows? Who cares?

Same time, same station next week for the answer.

#3289 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Many wrong one right, or one wrong many right? Who knows? Who cares?
Same time, same station next week for the answer.

Just when we thought it was settled. Should be another .5 pages on "OG Topper, or not" gate

#3290 2 years ago

Pretty sure it’s somehow Haggis’ fault.

#3291 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure it’s somehow Haggis’ fault.

Bunch of fucking crooks. maybe it's deeproots fault? they seem to be talked about here for some reason?

#3292 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

maybe it's deeproots fault?

They’d definitely be involved somehow.

#3293 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

exactly. he didn't have 450 paying fans the last 4 years. How'd he win all those years if he's so hated?

#3294 2 years ago

Go Haggis!

Wild_Haggis (resized).jpgWild_Haggis (resized).jpg

#3295 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For what it's worth, I'm a Kaneda subscriber and I didn't even vote for him in the Top 3 podcasts. I think I went Pinball Show, Silverball Chronicles, and maybe Slamtilt? I don't remember the 3rd exactly. I'm not a big fan of Kaneda's or anything, and don't always even find his show that entertaining, but his podcast is different from all the others out there. And I appreciate that he provides a counter-perspective to most others in the pinball media, and he also has some enjoyable news and rumors.

Most of us remember, or have heard about it 2nd hand. His antics are infamous, and it wasn't just on-Pinside either. Who could forget when he acted like a total ass at the 2019 NYC Pinball Championships, threw a drink in Tim Sexton's face, and had to be physically removed from the event. True douchebag-level stuff. Buuuut, for the most part he's left that behavior in the past. For at least the last year and a half or so, he's been a pretty decent person publicly. Right around the time his son was born actually. If Kaneda had kept up that boorish behavior, then I probably wouldn't still be a listener. But people change and move on.
I'm sure you'd like to move on and hope everyone just forgets about the Deeproot stuff, right? If I remember correctly, weren't you die-hard for Deeproot right up until the very end? When you pre-ordered a RAZA, I guess you didn't care about all the people that JPOP ripped off, or mind buying products from a company run by an egotistical asshole like Robert? Of course, that was before we knew just how much of an asshole Robert really was. So I mean, at this point it's kind of a glass houses situation, wouldn't you say?

I would say Kaneda was a creepy weirdo when he was on Pinside.
Go talk to Pinside and try to get him back on.
If you want to spend money on the guy, knock yourself out.

I’m a die hard for all start up companies. Always will be. Proud of it.
Let’s go Haggis!

List of companies I ordered games from.
Pinball Brothers
Deep Root
Dutch
Heighway Pinball
Haggis.
Guess that means I don’t care about others. Lol.
Stop trying to create an argument. Unnecessary.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Is that for real?
Holy cow, I’ve got a neck ache just from looking at the photo.
Looks like it would be a lot of fun to go watch and place some bets and have a couple brews!

#3297 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I once fought the World Heavyweight Champion, of Goanna pulling at Wooli NSW. And when i was down facing the big hulk with the strap around my ears, that's what my shoulders would have looked like i bet

And i thought just QLD'ers were weird

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Is that for real?
Holy cow, I’ve got a neck ache just from looking at the photo.
Looks like it would be a lot of fun to go watch and place some bets and have a couple brews!

Yep, drunk on rum at ten in the morning i fought the heavyweight champion of the world.

True story.

AndStoleHisHatPunkin

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bill said their shed is smaller than half the size of mine. They should move up here. Rent is cheaper and the climate is the best in Australia.
Surf, weed and sunshine.

Won't get no work done in your shed!

#3300 2 years ago

Ignored user comment

Quoted from Screwloose:

Won't get no work done in your shed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/66?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.