432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 156.
#3201 2 years ago

pretty sure this same video link was posted in the deeproot post 18 months ago.

Welcome to page #65!

#3202 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I will send my balance when I’ve seen some receive their series Mermaids or at least see them being boxed. That will get my confidence back.
I will say though I really want Haggis to succeed here.

I will take you spot then and pay in full as I’m a little way off of mine.
Just let Damo know and I’ll be happy

#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

you're having a financial hardship remember? I doubt he'd appreciate hearing you're buying spots after u bailed on your season ticket

#3204 2 years ago

Well we should be seeing them soon if they have an 8 week build time. It might not be a problem. All I want to see is one being boxed. Series games should be just about built so they can start on these next games. We should be seeing games very soon if these times frames that are given are true and it will be fine.

#3205 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

you're having a financial hardship remember? I doubt he'd appreciate hearing you're buying spots after u bailed on your season ticket

Dude, you really are fukn annoying.
I wanted to bump my spot so I get it quicker than my initial placement.
Also , since you are a big headed Twat , it is NOT due to financial hardship.
Never said that, you just presumed.
Pull your head in mate.
I shouldn't have to explain this to a shit stirrer on the other side of the world.

#3206 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

So, basically we're all thinking the same exact thing except only a few are saying it. Your thoughts aren't unique or new or succinct. Nobody needs that many words to say ...Haggis should show pics of fathom being made, boxed and loaded onto containers before we send more money.

Will buy a direct spot off you if you have one. No need to send money, get a refund!

maxresdefault (5) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (5) (resized).jpg

#3207 2 years ago

Also , since you are a big headed Twat , it is NOT due to financial hardship.
Never said that, you just presumed.

Guess it was your twin who was "embarassed" then...

I WAS a series ticket holder and received a phone call from Damo making sure I was still ok with being a Series Ticket holder back in January as he new I had some recent hard times and may have over committed.
Now I don't know why I am broadcasting this as it is embarrassing to admit my financial status to a larger audience.

You brought up hardship and financial status... no one else.

#3208 2 years ago

Another big headed prick. Did not mention hardship financially.
You and ya mate can piss right off.
Finances are not the issue. It also doesn’t concern you at all.
Happy?
Pinball is a luxury, priorities change as life goes on and the unexpected happens.

#3209 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Isn't all this just a nice drawn out way to say what Kaneda has been saying for months now? You get 7 up votes for drawing it out with way more words than necessary and saying it "nicely"?
Mention kaneda and get instant down votes. [quoted image]

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say every person who has paid a deposit on Fathom are fully aware of the risks. Most people in this hobby, and on Pinside, are intelligent people. They can assess the information available, weigh up the risks, and make a decision based on their own risk appetite.

And only a fool would say there are no risks preordering Fathom. But if you have a low risk appetite you don’t pre-order. You don’t pre order and then come on Pinside and whinge and complain because you are now worried about your pre-order. You took the risk, you own it. No one forced you to pre-order.

On the other hand, if you have a higher risk appetite, this is a fun ride and hopefully (most likely) you end up with an amazing game at the end of it.

d0n You have ordered 3 games based on the same information everyone has. Yet now you are going on a pitchfork crusade? What changed between when you bought the 3 pre-order spots and now? Kaneda?

And why anyone else who hasn’t ordered anything would come in here to join the pitchfork orgy is beyond me. Kaneda?

We all know the risks. We’ve chosen to take the risk and pre-order. We don’t need a bunch of trolls to educate us.

#3210 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say every person who has paid a deposit on Fathom are fully aware of the risks.

Quoted from cooked71:

They can assess the information available, weigh up the risks, and make a decision based on their own risk appetite.

Based on the number of disciples screaming ‘troll’ at anyone suggesting they are taking a risk (all the way up until the latest video), you’re mistaken.

#3211 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say every person who has paid a deposit on Fathom are fully aware of the risks. Most people in this hobby, and on Pinside, are intelligent people. They can assess the information available, weigh up the risks, and make a decision based on their own risk appetite.
And only a fool would say there are no risks preordering Fathom. But if you have a low risk appetite you don’t pre-order. You don’t pre order and then come on Pinside and whinge and complain because you are now worried about your pre-order. You took the risk, you own it. No one forced you to pre-order.
On the other hand, if you have a higher risk appetite, this is a fun ride and hopefully (most likely) you end up with an amazing game at the end of it.
d0n You have ordered 3 games based on the same information everyone has. Yet now you are going on a pitchfork crusade? What changed between when you bought the 3 pre-order spots and now? Kaneda?
And why anyone else who hasn’t ordered anything would come in here to join pitchfork orgy is beyond me. Kaneda?
We all know the risks. We’ve chosen to take the risk and pre-order. We don’t need a bunch of trolls to educate us.

Wish i could upvote this post 96 times.

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Based on the number of disciples screaming ‘troll’ at anyone suggesting they are taking a risk (all the way up until the latest video), you’re mistaken.

That only makes sense somewhere deep inside your inner conversation. The rest of us don't understand your silent congress.

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Ikea doesn't take your money before building something and is an established brand this is one of the worst comparisons I've ever heard in my life

indeed they take your money before YOU build their stuff

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

Based on the number of disciples

Having a bit of faith in Damian puts someone in a Jesus Christ pose?? WTAF??

#3215 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

indeed they take your money before YOU build their stuff

Lol…. Touché!

#3216 2 years ago

Have there been any pictures underneath the playfield yet? I REALLY want to see the engineering they’ve done. I hope they stuck with linear flippers and built something into the drop target mechs to address the “Bally brick”, especially with the newer target material.

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

d0n What changed between when you bought the 3 pre-order spots and now?

The missed deadline in january, the nearly 3 months of silence after the missed deadline, the update video that didn't show any fathoms (other than the sample that's been around for a while now), the fact that they're now asking for payment in full for a game that we know isn't even made yet & we don't even know if they have the parts & labor to make it. I'm just getting more skeptical as this unfolds. Hoping for the best though. If a bunch of mermaids don't ship out at his most recent deadline... May... there's going to be a lot more pitchforks out.

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Never said they were…just sharing my thoughts.

I appreciate your thoughts; most spot on post I’ve read. I’ve listened to Kaneda talk about it a bunch, and I’m definitely not a fan, but he ain’t wrong. That said, your post summarized my feelings on the situation better because it was an honest evaluation without the snark. I don’t need the snark to guide a decision. As an underwriter, I literally make decisions for a living and zero of them are with my heart. I’ve met Damien and he was very kind, and I consider Marty an acquaintance /friend. My husband likes him a lot and we trust him. That said, I’m absolutely not going to send my invoice balance without seeing more.

#3219 2 years ago

Looks like i'm getting mine sooner if all you people aren't going to pay for what you put your deposit up for.

WOOT!

#3220 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looks like i'm getting mine sooner if all you people aren't going to pay for what you put your deposit up for.
WOOT!

AWESOME! Post an unboxing video ASAP MATE!

#3221 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I won't be relieving any doubt until i have at least one more mermaid coming than the one i have on order.

The more nerves the better for me.

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Quoted from punkin:

I won't be relieving any doubt until i have at least one more mermaid coming than the one i have on order.
The more nerves the better for me.

I think it would be a bigger favor to Haggis than to nervous deposit holders to post proof of mermaids received.

#3223 2 years ago

I want nervous deposit holders. more chance of me getting a second spot. I just don't like the personal slurs and insults slandered at the company.

win/win.

#3224 2 years ago

This is truly through the looking glass. Sold my spot, so no vested interest.

Why not share whatever information you get about the game with those in the same boat? At the very least, it seems mean. At worst . . . well, you know.

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

This is truly through the looking glass. Sold my spot, so no vested interest.
Why not share whatever information you get about the game with those in the same boat? At the very least, it seems mean. At worst . . . well, you know.

I don't have any information if you are addressing me.

#3226 2 years ago

I remember when lack of information was anticipation and excitement.
Now it is the end of the world and anger.

The interweb can be a useful tool, not in this instance.
I really didn't want to see any gameplay( just like Celts)I like to be surprised, but must admit I was blown away when viewed.

First world problems again

#3227 2 years ago

Just looking back on my emails and was surprised to see this game was only launched end April 21. That’s only 11 months ago! And on top of the ongoing global supply chain issues, there were also 95 days of severe Melbourne Covid lockdown in that time.

#3228 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

The missed deadline in january, the nearly 3 months of silence after the missed deadline, the update video that didn't show any fathoms (other than the sample that's been around for a while now), the fact that they're now asking for payment in full for a game that we know isn't even made yet & we don't even know if they have the parts & labor to make it. I'm just getting more skeptical as this unfolds. Hoping for the best though. If a bunch of mermaids don't ship out at his most recent deadline... May... there's going to be a lot more pitchforks out.

“Customers will forgive late. They will not forgive wrong.”

Recent statement from CGC. Me thinks this is the train of thought currently at Haggis.

#3229 2 years ago

It is just pinball....

#3230 2 years ago

If anyone is considering selling their spot but don't want to sell to punkin for whatever reason then message me as I'm looking for a Mermaid spot

#3231 2 years ago

Kaneda just won his 5th Twipy… So down vote all you want. Majority of us support him.

Go Haggis… I paid in full last month and I am confident that I’ll receive my pin in the next couple of months.

#3232 2 years ago

Kaneda is a turd whose opinion has zero value to me.
Doesn’t anybody remember how much of a prick that guy was on Pinside.
Good lord.
The majority DO NOT love that douchbag.

#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Kaneda is a turd whose opinion has zero value to me.
Doesn’t anybody remember how much of a prick that guy was on Pinside.
Good lord.

And he was BANNED from Pinside.

#3234 2 years ago

Some of us don't even care who it is, have never read a single word he's published and don't even believe in listening to others opinions to form our own.

Sheeple.

1 (1) (resized).jpg1 (1) (resized).jpg

#3235 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Explain how he wins podcaster of the year 5 years in a row then? He's the ONLY pinball podcaster who has a major following that pay MONEY every month to hear what he has to say.

You're flat out wrong. The majority do love him. Some don't obviously... but enough do, that he can't lose at the TWIPYs and he's making bank talking about pinball on the internet.

This is the fathom post but you can make it about kaneda if you want.

#3236 2 years ago

Can we please not have THAT arguement here also.

#3237 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Explain how he wins podcaster of the year 5 years in a row then? He's the ONLY pinball podcaster who has a major following that pay MONEY every month to hear what he has to say.
You're flat out wrong. The majority do love him. Some don't obviously... but enough do, that he can't lose at the TWIPYs and he's making bank talking about pinball on the internet.
This is the fathom post but you can make it about kaneda if you want.

You don't even seem to notice how embarrassing it is in a person to say that they pay money to listen to someone's fucking opinion?

It's damn shameful.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can we please not have THAT arguement here also.

Yep no problem.

#3239 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't even seem to notice how embarrassing it is in a person to say that they pay money to listen to someone's fucking opinion?
It's damn shameful.

I'm one of the current 450 that pay $5 a month to hear Kaneda. I pay a lot more for netflix, disney, amazon videos, hulu, motor trend and god only knows what else I pay for to be entertained. I'm not embarrassed.

I'm embarrassed that I am listening to your opinion here on pinside for free. You should pay us all to read your posts punkin

#3240 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm one of the current 450 that pay $5 a month to hear Kaneda. I pay a lot more for netflix, disney, amazon videos, hulu, motor trend and god only knows what else I pay for to be entertained. I'm not embarrassed.
I'm embarrassed that I am listening to your opinion here on pinside for free. You should pay us all to read your posts punkin

Blah blah blah.

#3241 2 years ago

Movies and documentaries are different to some arsehole pontificating, and you can block me.....

A bucket of KFC is one of the best things you'll ever take camping.

Didn't tell you that did he?

#3242 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Movies and documentaries are different to some arsehole pontificating, and you can block me.....
A bucket of KFC is one of the best things you'll ever take camping.
Didn't tell you that did he?

If I block you, this threads post count goes down by at least 50% immediately. And I don't get to see you grabbing your junk while you flip the bird.

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If I block you, this threads post count goes down by at least 50% immediately. And I don't get to see you classily grabbing your junk while you flip the bird.

Only 11.4%

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Kaneda just won his 5th Twipy… So down vote all you want.

Some some online poll makes him God ... Hope he enjoys $10.00 trophy... Please resume kissing his ....

Sure you will get your game soon ...

#3245 2 years ago

Play more pinball

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3246 2 years ago

I see Neil and Mike, but where's Viviane and Rick?

the_young_ones2 (resized).jpgthe_young_ones2 (resized).jpgthe_young_ones2 (resized).jpgthe_young_ones2 (resized).jpg
#3247 2 years ago

I just realized Fathom Mermaid has no shaker motor. Now, you might be thinking why would it need one? Well it is one of the ways modern players are rewarded for starting or completing a mode. In Fathom you spend lots of energy locking balls, so when they are released, it would be nice to have a few good shakes (that’s what she said). What do you think? Should a shaker motor and shaker support be added in Fathom remake?

#3248 2 years ago

And we haven’t seen a topper yet, right? I am thinking a large nautical themed, lighted one that is integrated with game play. If offered exclusively to Mermaid buyers, might make this game the envy of pinballers around the world. If they can’t think of anything to make, there is always the billy bass singing fish option.

#3249 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I want nervous deposit holders. more chance of me getting a second spot. I just don't like the personal slurs and insults slandered at the company.
win/win.

Whatever dude. Act like we haven't seen games not get produced after money was sent and that we're instead idiots/sheep. You need to look up the legal definition of Slander also...

#3250 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I just realized Fathom Mermaid has no shaker motor. Now, you might be thinking why would it need one? Well it is one of the ways modern players are rewarded for starting or completing a mode. In Fathom you spend lots of energy locking balls, so when they are released, it would be nice to have a few good shakes (that’s what she said). What do you think? Should a shaker motor and shaker support be added in Fathom remake?

I like it. Good comment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/65?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.