432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 156.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You created your own safe space to shelter in - Why are you even here?

I didn't have to come clean - those reading along have actually had this conversation before. I just didn't feel the need to answer your meaningless question. Now don't you have a safe space that needs tending?

GOLD stamp troll status confirmed LOL

#2852 2 years ago

This thread is a whole lot better with ignore on a chosen few life’s to short to feed the trolls.

Thread lot shorter too !!

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You created your own safe space to shelter in - Why are you even here?
I didn't have to come clean - those reading along have actually had this conversation before. I just didn't feel the need to answer your meaningless question. Now don't you have a safe space that needs tending?

Did npt feel the need to answer my meaningless question? How pious of you!So you just reckon you can go around and hang shit on all and sundry because you are special? And why am I here?Because I have skin in the game,and more than one which clearly is much more than your piss arse interest here on this thread.Like I said before actually go and play pinball and stop trolling here.

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like I said - not actually reading anything I say and inserting your own dillusions of what's being said.

“Broken record”. “Troll”

You have no skin in the game. Thus, nobody cares what you think and post incessantly. It’s not about whether you can or not.

Over and over again, spun in a word salad of nonsense.

Damien should communicate better. Got it.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Broken record”. “Troll”
You have no skin in the game. Thus, nobody cares what you think and post incessantly. It’s not about whether you can or not.
Over and over again, spun in a word salad of nonsense.
Damien should communicate better. Got it.

Just reach out to Damion if you have skin in the game. I emailed him two days ago and he got back to me in less than 24 hours.

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No one "deserves" a bad outcome for taking a chance on a new pinball startup.
And for the record - I do live in fantasy land.

Hot take: at this point, yes they do.

Quoted from iceman44:

Ding ding ding. Winner chicken dinner!
Who cares what these people think. It’s YOUR money and your choice. They can all kiss my happy ass
Don’t let these people ruin the experience no matter how it works out. Supporting new startup pinball is great
There is a certain Mob of people here that seem to get off on other people’s misery and failures. Make ‘em feel better about themselves.
Check out the Deeproot thread cultists.
Sometimes shit doesn’t work out, I pray that Haggis is able to stick it up their collective asses with a pineapple
Until then, you will have to live with the non stop broken record BS
And IF it doesn’t work, OMG, “Barbara, they are coming for you…”. (Elvira HOH)

Heres the biggest red flag of them all right here. Iceman, aka Mr. I can't get scammed enough and love talking other people into being scammed too.

Wait...is there actually a safe space haggis thread now too? JFC lol its just comical at this point. Good luck suckers, yes, even if you get your game you're a sucker. I do hope and think it will work out for you though.

Quoted from iceman44:

Check out the Deeproot thread cultists.

Yes, the deeproot safe space thread. It was funny when the actual cultists were calling the people who weren't living in dreamland "cultists" then, and its just as funny now. Do you not understand how cults work?

#2857 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Heres the biggest red flag of them all right here. Iceman, aka Mr. I can't get scammed enough and love talking other people into being scammed too.
Wait...is there actually a safe space haggis thread now too? JFC lol its just comical at this point. Good luck suckers, yes, even if you get your game you're a sucker. I do hope and think it will work out for you though.

Lol. There he is. Another part of the Mob trollers. Waiting and hoping for failure anywhere and everywhere.

Have fun everybody and “don’t let the bastards wear you down”

See above and get lost “sucker”. The Deeproot thread needs you to break down those financials. Not.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. There he is. Another part of the Mob trollers. Waiting and hoping for failure anywhere and everywhere.
See above and get lost “sucker”. The Deeproot thread needs you to break down those financials. Not.

What? No I'm not hoping for failure ever. But, hey remember when I (and many others) were right every time so far and you've been wrong every time so far though? Hope its different this time, seriously.

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What? No I'm not hoping for failure ever. But, hey remember when I (and many others) was right every time so far and you've been wrong every time so far though? Hope its different this time, seriously.

We support new pinball. And enjoying this hobby. It’s not about the $$$ first or being right or wrong

I came over here interested in a game and find this shit show

I remember now, you are one of the perfect ones that never make mistakes and are always right?

Congrats on that and NOBODY gives a F about what YOU think on how anyone should spend THEIR own $$$ and enjoy this hobby and the mob bully trolls

Got it? Good

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like I said - not actually reading anything I say and inserting your own dillusions of what's being said.

Hey Flynn, if everybody is constantly misunderstanding you, and taking what you say the wrong way, maybe you're the one who's doing something wrong? Maybe you aren't communicating effectively, or maybe you don't have the right audience? Just a thought.

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hey Flynn, if everybody is constantly misunderstanding you, and taking what you say the wrong way, maybe you're the one who's doing something wrong? Maybe you aren't communicating effectively, or maybe you don't have the right audience? Just a thought.

Yeah we’ve been “misunderstanding” him for years in just about every thread. Nice way to put it Mike

#2862 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Nah - people deserve bad outcomes for committing crimes or injustices - not for supporting new pinball companies. Damian is a good guy and I love his passion. I think he's in it for the right reasons unlike Mueller or Heighway, so I'll always be a supporter whether he succeeds or fails.

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is a certain Mob of people here that seem to get off on other people’s misery and failures. Make ‘em feel better about themselves.

The Schadenfreude is strong on Pinside

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I have the most playable pinball games on the floor of any public location near Atlanta

An arcade that requires an AirBNB reservation is NOT a public location. A public location is one where 30-40 people can come and play or compete.

#2865 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The Schadenfreude is strong on Pinside

Being right or wrong on what stocks we pick is like 1000 clicks higher on the “worry meter” than a pinball machine meant for fun, right Bmore?

A little perspective sometimes.

And yes I’m tired of the told you so Bully brigade here. It literally means ZERO. But if we are keeping score I was “right” on TBL and Alien. Have both now. Thanks for that

This is a fun hobby meant to get away from the normal daily life

#2866 2 years ago

Same group of Pinsiders that haven’t spent a flipping dime on Haggis are “expressing their opinions”.
They take zero risk but love to cry out when their pressed, “ hey I have a right to talk about Haggis and protect other Pinsiders because it’s OUR hobby’.
It’s comical.
I actually don't mind it initially but after a while you realize these same people just like to argue about any topic and prove that you’re wrong and their right.

Here’s what will happen next, if Haggis doesn’t end up coming through and folds, that’s when these same Pinsiders will come to this same thread and say I told you so. They’ll even take many of of your old posts and repost to show how much they were right and show the Pinside world you were wrong.

As if, nobody understands the risk of investing in a start up company. Again……completely silly.

Every startup pinball company has asked people to put down deposits to gain some new working capital.
Without people putting down deposits on startup companies and not just in pinball, many of these companies would not exist today.
This model will NEVER change.
And I’m okay with it. But I’m very comfortable taking on risk. Some others are not. And that’s okay too but you don’t have to be so argumentative and beat a dead horse with the same talking point.
It’s just not nice. Pinball is terrific and lots of fun!! Go play for an hour and then come to this thread and make a comment. I promise you, your comments will be nicer and you’ll maybe make a few new friends.

Let’s go Haggis!

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:Same group of Pinsiders that haven’t spent a flipping dime on Haggis are “expressing their opinions”.
They take zero risk but love to cry out when their pressed, “ hey I have a right to talk about Haggis and protect other Pinsiders because it’s OUR hobby’.
It’s comical.
I actually don't mind it initially but after a while you realize these same people just like to argue about any topic and prove that you’re wrong and their right.
Ya know…..internet trolls.
They love the attention.
Here’s what will happen next, if Haggis doesn’t end up coming through and folds, that’s when these same Pinsiders will come to this same thread and say I told you so. They’ll even take many of of your old posts and repost to show how much they were right and show the Pinside world you were wrong.
As if, nobody understands the risk of investing in a start up company. Again……completely silly.
Every startup pinball company has asked people to put down deposits to gain some new working capital.
Without people putting down deposits on startup companies and not just in pinball, many of these companies would not exist today.
This model will NEVER change.
And I’m okay with it. But I’m very comfortable taking on risk. Some others are not. And that’s okay too but you don’t have to be so argumentative and beat a dead horse with the same talking point.
It’s just not nice. Pinball is terrific and lots of fun!! Go play for an hour and then come to this thread and make a comment. I promise you, your comments will be nicer and you’ll maybe make a few new friends.
Let’s go Haggis!

I didn't realize Haggis was stating they are a start up and could fail. Is this being relayed to potential buyers, or should they just know?

Good to see them being delivered for sure!

#2868 2 years ago

I know its not a Fathom, but if Haggis can deliver nobody will be disappointed with the build quality of a Haggis pinball machine!! I can’t say enough about what I received yesterday!!!! There isn’t a flaw anywhere on my game. Just an Epic pinball machine from down under!!!!

0B3BC9BA-0798-4494-86F3-9F326DF39927 (resized).jpeg0B3BC9BA-0798-4494-86F3-9F326DF39927 (resized).jpeg36ADFE28-4EC3-44F7-AB7F-2AE1571EF69F (resized).jpeg36ADFE28-4EC3-44F7-AB7F-2AE1571EF69F (resized).jpeg42EDBDE4-3A42-4C5A-9389-AC7698D3C761 (resized).jpeg42EDBDE4-3A42-4C5A-9389-AC7698D3C761 (resized).jpeg5AE3E77B-B6AD-4507-B501-387C389201BC (resized).jpeg5AE3E77B-B6AD-4507-B501-387C389201BC (resized).jpegCCD69D9E-AC82-499A-829C-C07D058C4240 (resized).jpegCCD69D9E-AC82-499A-829C-C07D058C4240 (resized).jpeg
#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Being right or wrong on what stocks we pick is like 1000 clicks higher on the “worry meter” than a pinball machine meant for fun, right Bmore?
A little perspective sometimes.
And yes I’m tired of the told you so Bully brigade here. It literally means ZERO. But if we are keeping score I was “right” on TBL and Alien. Have both now. Thanks for that
This is a fun hobby meant to get away from the normal daily life

100%

When you see your portfolio down $50k in a week
Risking a grand on a cool game doesn't seem much of a gamble

#2870 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

An arcade that requires an AirBNB reservation is NOT a public location. A public location is one where 30-40 people can come and play or compete.

We don't use airbnb. My short term rental is direct booking now. We're a different type of "public" arcade. Our guests appreciate that when they come here, they will be the ONLY people in the arcade playing over 50 arcade and pinball games, 24 hours a day if they like. It's open whenever they want to play... even at 3am. Crank up your own music, bring your own drinks, lights on or off. It's up to the guests. No need to sanitize your hands to wipe away 30 or 40 strangers sweat & germs. All games are cleaned between guests.

The last 2 years were my busiest ever because of covid and people not wanting to go to the normal public arcade with 30 or 40 strangers. No go-fund-me's needed here.

https://www.hostzaver.com/tiny_house_huge_arcade_just_miles_t_e331

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I know its not a Fathom, but if Haggis can deliver nobody will be disappointed with the build quality of a Haggis pinball machine!! I can’t say enough about what I received yesterday!!!! There isn’t a flaw anywhere on my game. Just an Epic pinball machine from down under!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now that is purty right there!

Oh shit, that looks like my old house with the switchback stairs, hope it’s not going up to the second floor

#2872 2 years ago

The point stands. I’m pretty sure that Portal allows more than 5 people at a time, and it doesn’t cost $250 to get in. So comparing Oasis to Portal is kind of silly, if you ask me.

#2873 2 years ago

Look, Flynnibus is a pain in my ass too. Other times I find him quite brilliant and insightful. I just wish he wasn't so verbose and redundant.

But if he isn't allowed to comment because he doesn't have skin in the game, then Iceman should not be allow to cheerlead. It's an open forum and if Flynnibus has gotten under your skin, ignore him or block him.
Same with Haymaker. I don't care for some of his comments about Haggis but he and I sure had a good time in the Deeproot thread. LOL.

I've been down both sides of this Pinside path many times now and some of us need to just roll with it. Easier said than done, I know.

I'm trying to compose a new Pinside thread that is a spin off of this one. But I'm not a gifted writer and I'm struggling to find my words. If I'm successful in getting it written I'll post a link in this thread.

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

if you ask me.

Nobody asked you

You should come play sometime John.

#2875 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Congratulations, looks amazing.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Plenty of people understand just fine. My posts are here and stand on their own, feel free to quote any one of them to support your claim.

"don't have the right audience" - that's a rich one.. You mean the people that don't like to face objectivity? Yeah, that is pretty true in these startup threads.. all the people with 'skin in the game' start lashing out at anyone who doesn't keep the faith... even when doing so requires putting head in sand.

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Wow they included leg cups and the washers? Nice. The small touches are so appreciated and I hate that bigger companies wean those out over time as they 'optimize'.

I do like that they offered customized naming - just might be a bit of a drag when people try to sell those games on.

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Broken record”. “Troll”

A gift from the Elves for you...
51NL3p70s8L._SL1000_ (resized).jpg51NL3p70s8L._SL1000_ (resized).jpg

#2879 2 years ago

Just now one of my chickens and a neighborhood squirrel were shouting at each other in my backyard for about 10 minutes. I shot a short video of it, and had a good chuckle. Then I sat back down at the laptop and had another look at the post draft I was writing in an attempt to comment here on the futility of convincing others to abandon their opinions or face objectivity or whatever you want to call it. I had a real hearty LOL at myself and deleted it. Carry on, y'all

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Look, Flynnibus is a pain in my ass too. Other times I find him quite brilliant and insightful. I just wish he wasn't so verbose and redundant.
But if he isn't allowed to comment because he doesn't have skin in the game, then Iceman should not be allow to cheerlead. It's an open forum and if Flynnibus has gotten under your skin, ignore him or block him.
Same with Haymaker. I don't care for some of his comments about Haggis but he and I sure had a good time in the Deeproot thread. LOL.
I've been down both sides of this Pinside path many times now and some of us need to just roll with it. Easier said than done, I know.
I'm trying to compose a new Pinside thread that is a spin off of this one. But I'm not a gifted writer and I'm struggling to find my words. If I'm successful in getting it written I'll post a link in this thread.

I feel like I should step in and just clarify I do not want Haggis to fail, I do not want anyone to lose money, I don't equate Damian to RM, I just think its sketchy to fall for the same mistakes over and over again AKA- spending money on pinball startups that may or may not fail (and the track record is very bad) and pretending everything is all sunshine and rainbows when deadline after deadline and promise after promise are missed. If this does fail, how many times will we go through the same song and dance? Perhaps even worse....if it succeeds...how much does this open the door for future companies to come back in and fail? When will we realize these pinball gambles are just always a bad idea?

#2881 2 years ago

Sooooooo...how 'bout those Mets?

#2882 2 years ago
98A5A99C-931B-47A5-ABA7-D7DCBBBF66BD (resized).jpeg98A5A99C-931B-47A5-ABA7-D7DCBBBF66BD (resized).jpeg
#2883 2 years ago

It's been a year since Fathom was announced with production of 50 games a month to begin in April 2021. It has been two months since
we got notice the Classic Editions were going into production. So far no pictures of any fathom being opened new in box and no pictures of any on the assembly line. Damian has refused my requests for a refund - based on his inability to honor the agreement and produce the game in a timely manner. I understand this is a start up company but I have seen no evidence of anything being made with the exception of a few Celts. If anyone has any positive information from Damian on the current state of things please post it here. If any suppliers in the USA have any info on the current state of production please update us.
We were sold a product and lied to and continue to be left in the dark.

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

It's been a year since Fathom was announced with production of 50 games a month to begin in April 2021. It has been two months since
we got notice the Classic Editions were going into production. So far no pictures of any fathom being opened new in box and no pictures of any on the assembly line. Damian has refused my requests for a refund - based on his inability to honor the agreement and produce the game in a timely manner. I understand this is a start up company but I have seen no evidence of anything being made with the exception of a few Celts. If anyone has any positive information from Damian on the current state of things please post it here. If any suppliers in the USA have any info on the current state of production please update us.
We were sold a product and lied to and continue to be left in the dark.

I'll buy your spot for $500 USD

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just reach out to Damion if you have skin in the game. I emailed him two days ago and he got back to me in less than 24 hours.

That is strange, I e-mailed him 2 weeks ago and have not received any type of response.

#2886 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

That is strange, I e-mailed him 2 weeks ago and have not received any type of response.

I’ve emailed also. I want to buy a spot if it is going to happen but I need some reassurance from Haggis before I roll the dice and that hasn’t happened. I am all about supporting pinball but buying a spot from a silent manufacturer doesn’t seem very smart.

#2887 2 years ago

Haggis just declined my refund request for the 2nd time. Did not offer any explanation on how much longer till the games ship .
It was brief but to the point NO.

#2888 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I msged him on instagram last night and got a response this morning. Maybe your emails are going to his spam folder?

#2889 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I msged him on instagram last night and got a response this morning. Maybe your emails are going to his spam folder?

Pretty sure he is flooded with emails. I sent him one last week and got no response. Repeated the email today and he answered within an hour and was very apologetic about missing my other one. No I wasn't asking about production.

#2890 2 years ago

Curious if responses are related to Celts only? I sent an email to [email protected] a couple days ago re: Fathom and haven’t heard anything back. Only been 2 days, but is there a better email or avenue I should be using?

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

What’s the point of being a redundant jackass non stop? “Having a good time at it”. Whatever floats your boat. Actually, I think you would admit it does float yours

I’m not putting up with it. Acting like a 5 yr old. “Haha, you were wrong and I was right”. The same mini mob circling the wagons

I’m interested in buying a spot. So if that’s “Cheerleading” then so be it.

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ll buy your slot for $525

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I feel like I should step in and just clarify I do not want Haggis to fail, I do not want anyone to lose money, I don't equate Damian to RM, I just think its sketchy to fall for the same mistakes over and over again AKA- spending money on pinball startups that may or may not fail (and the track record is very bad) and pretending everything is all sunshine and rainbows when deadline after deadline and promise after promise are missed. If this does fail, how many times will we go through the same song and dance? Perhaps even worse....if it succeeds...how much does this open the door for future companies to come back in and fail? When will we realize these pinball gambles are just always a bad idea?

Dude, it’s not your $$$.

Companies of all stripes are free to attempt to succeed. They fail every day. It’s called capitalism

And you wanted people with Deeproot to lose money and jobs because of Mueller? I don’t care about myself because I didn’t lose a dime anyhow but investors and employees did. That’s ok? Nvm, doesn’t matter

Calling people “suckers” and acting the way you do is going to get some push back, from me anyhow

If I was in your backyard I’d offer to buy you some drinks, talk pinball and hash it out

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s the point of being a redundant jackass non stop? “Having a good a good time at it”. Whatever floats your boat. Actually, I think you would admit it does float yours
I’m not putting up with it. Acting like a 5 yr old. “Haha, you were wrong and I was right”. The same mini mob circling the wagons
I’m interested in buying a spot. So if that’s “Cheerleading” then so be it.

Doug, what the hell are you talking about? What an odd response to my comment but this is what I've come to expect from you. I was talking about Flynnibus mostly and Haggis supporter responses.

Don't forget, you and I were both on the wrong side of the original pinball scam, the granddaddy of them all, Jpop and Zidware.

BTW, they're talking about you in the Deeproot thread but you seem to have suddenly dropped out.
Here's the quote link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/583#post-6832362

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Doug, what the hell are you talking about? What an odd response to my comment but this is what I've come to expect from you. I was talking about Flynnibus mostly and Haggis supporter responses.
Don't forget, you and I were both on the wrong side of the original pinball scam, the granddaddy of them all, Jpop and Zidware.
BTW, they're talking about you in the Deeproot thread but you seem to have suddenly dropped out.
Here's the link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/583#post-6832362

Edit, Doesn’t matter

Anyone that’s been here long enough has formed their opinions about you, me, Flynnie etc. Doesn’t matter what we say to each other.

In the Haggis case, I’m cheerleading the hell out of it for those guys! I hope they make it. The people involved and interested are not “suckers”.

See Klank post. Let’s go Haggis!!!

Ahhh, just saw that, you caught me! “Tuyoy”.

#2896 2 years ago

GO HAGGIS!

kids-dancing.gifkids-dancing.gif

#2897 2 years ago

MJK - It’s a beaut Clark….Congrats!

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll buy your slot for $525

#2900 2 years ago

Maybe there should be a separate thread for weird grudge matches?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/58?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.