CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 154.
#2651 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

What happened with mermaids in my opinion is that the price was set over a year ago at $8995 USD. It was set too low for a premium limited edition IMO. Since then covid has increased the prices on everything AND on top of that, the pinball market has EXPLODED. Nobody could have predicted all this back when they decided the price of haggis fathoms. I'm sure they're kicking themselves in the arse right now for the too low prices.

I did some quick looking, thinking that maybe Stern's Beatles neé Seawitch might be a fair comparison to Haggis' Fathom. And yeah, assuming Mermaid Edition value could end up somewhere between Beatles Platinum and Beatles Diamond, $15K wouldn't be out of the question. That comparison may or may not be reasonable, more knowledgeable folks might disagree. My thinking is that 250 Platinum Beatles and 100 Diamond Beatles were made, to compare to their rarity to the 250 Mermaids on order, plus I'd say some additional technological innovations on Haggis' part to push the expected price higher. As to whether a soon-to-be Fathom remake will be more desirable than the Seawitch re-skin we already got, who knows, I could see it going either way. So, yeah, I guess your prediction isn't as wild as I was imagining.

Quoted from d0n:

I don't think we're done either. The sky's the limit.

Yeah, with the craziness we're seeing right now, doesn't seem unreasonable!

#2652 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Congratulations, you understand how business works..as do most in here i suspect BUT you are still not privy to Damian's financial status so it is just speculation!! Maybe he has a rich benefactor?? Ohh myyy i can't say that can i...i would be speculating

Ooof, now we creditors are reliant on the whims of a rich benefactor!

#2653 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

What happened with mermaids in my opinion is that the price was set over a year ago at $8995 USD. It was set too low for a premium limited edition IMO. Since then covid has increased the prices on everything AND on top of that, the pinball market has EXPLODED. Nobody could have predicted all this back when they decided the price of haggis fathoms. I'm sure they're kicking themselves in the arse right now for the too low prices.
7 year old stern GoT premiums are now selling for $10K and more. Used JP LE's are $15k and up now. A used TNA is edging towards $10k. A GoT Pro just sold on ebay for $9999! A fluke, probably... but still!? I feel like a NIB mermaid priced at $15k right now would sell fairly quickly. I don't think we're done either. The sky's the limit. I know this is wishful thinking and yes I AM absolutely biased because I have 4 preorders.

So moral of the story, don’t set a price on a deliverable that is ~a year out whilst in the midst of a pandemic? Understandable misstep in my opinion. If that’s the case, say so.

#2654 2 years ago

If it’s fun I keep, if it’s not I sell.
Whatever speculated possible price is reached.
I’m in it for fun

#2655 2 years ago

For those that are feeling a bit edgy with their deposits with Haggis,I will take over two more at the original amount.

#2656 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

For those that are feeling a bit edgy with their deposits with Haggis,I will take over two more at the original amount.

I'll take one as well.

MoneyWhereMouthIsPunkin

#2657 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can order a fully loaded Celts atm new for $11kau
Fathom is $11.5kau
I know there's a bit more (indeed) in Fathom, but it's not insurmountable by selling add on's like toppers etc.

Plus Gst. $12650 total i believe

#2658 2 years ago

I am considering buying a discounted pre-order spot. But can't pull the trigger until I get some info on when they are expected to ship. So I sent an email via their site and will wait for a response and post it here if I get one.

Anyone who says they don't mind losing $1000 is a fool (I don't have to qualify that and say it's "my opinion or speculation", do I?) Sure, I wouldn't "miss" $1000, but I sure as hell don't want to lose it and be labeled a sucker.

haggis (resized).pnghaggis (resized).png

#2659 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

But can't pull the trigger until I get some info on when they are expected to ship.

August 2021 - Now pull the trigger!

#2660 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:I am considering buying a discounted pre-order spot. But can't pull the trigger until I get some info on when they are expected to ship. So I sent an email via their site and will wait for a response and post it here if I get one.
Anyone who says they don't mind losing $1000 is a fool (I don't have to qualify that and say it's "my opinion or speculation", do I?) Sure, I wouldn't "miss" $1000, but I sure as hell don't want to lose it and be labeled a sucker.
[quoted image]

Have you read this thread? If anybody knew anything, nobody would be fighting back and forth.

#2661 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Have you read this thread? If anybody knew anything, nobody would be fighting back and forth.

Skimmed, but certainly have not read a 54 page thread. Most of the recent posts are off-topic nonsense anyway because lack of updates.

Need to discuss now while it's 2am in Australia and those guys are sleeping. Then there's only "forth" and no "back".

#2662 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Skimmed, but certainly have not read a 54 page thread. Most of the recent posts are off-topic nonsense anyway because lack of updates.

Whilst I believe Haggis will deliver the games I think you have to ask yourself, why order now and have a deposit tied up? I mean you're going to be towards the end of the ordering line and by the time your machine is close to being shipped there will be owners selling their early ordered machines. You'll have a chance to play it and see if it's for you.

One thing I find odd with Haggis is the fact they were very active in posting up till the delays started. They took the "email us for status" approach. Why would you want to spend the time responding to individual emails when a post on places like RGP, Pinside etc. can eliminate several emails you have to reply too?

I understand that RGP and Pinside maybe makes up for 15-20% of their pre-orders but still ....

#2663 2 years ago

Any orders now are Classic edition?

#2664 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Any orders now are Classic edition?

Per the Haggis website Mermaid is sold out. Not sure if a distributor would have any left but..

#2665 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Whilst I believe Haggis will deliver the games I think you have to ask yourself, why order now and have a deposit tied up?

Because once they start shipping, they will cost more than MSRP.

#2666 2 years ago

4am eh?

#2667 2 years ago

Can we still talk about Australian wildlife?

Even during a Australian pinball stream they make an appearance

https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringCourageousCardTebowing-DQW-pfd6FczL6JLw

#2668 2 years ago

do you guys have an Australian version of Iceman who can drive by the factory and count the cars in the parking lot for us?

#2669 2 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

So moral of the story, don’t set a price on a deliverable that is ~a year out whilst in the midst of a pandemic? Understandable misstep in my opinion. If that’s the case, say so.

right

Quoted from Damonator:

Because once they start shipping, they will cost more than MSRP.

way more.

#2670 2 years ago

I'm curious about TPF having haggis on the roster as being there. I asked haggis via instagram msg a couple days ago if anyone from haggis was going to tpf and whoever answers their instagram msgs said no.

#2671 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

do you guys have an Australian version of Iceman who can drive by the factory and count the cars in the parking lot for us?

Yeah theres gotta be someone on this thread who lives within driving distance.

#2672 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

That didn’t work out so well. A full parking lot was not a good barometer in that case!

A least Haggis guys seem like good honorable guys. I hope they get it worked out and start delivering games

#2673 2 years ago

I'm still curious, which will come first, my Fathom or my Cactus Canyon?

Per Damian, my ME will be something in the neighborhood of build spot 75. And I've got an SE on order for CC, but no idea how far down the line I am, or how many SEs they will make before switching to LE. My game will be going on location directly, so that is supposed to bump me up. But who knows?

Main worry is both Fathom and Cactus Canyon invoices being due in the same month! Good problem I suppose. Would be nice to know how many Fathoms will roll off the line each week, once they actually do start shipping.

#2674 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

One thing I find odd with Haggis is the fact they were very active in posting up till the delays started. They took the "email us for status" approach

Haggis hasn’t- that’s just some of the natives making up that excuse. They are just trying to turn things rather than face the real answer as their way of trying to push the questions away.

As you point out - it makes zero sense. Of course those same natives ignore those who have sent emails and don’t get the answers either.

It’s the same old song and dance… dosge, deflect, repeat

#2675 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Haggis hasn’t- that’s just some of the natives making up that excuse. They are just trying to turn things rather than face the real answer as their way of trying to push the questions away.
As you point out - it makes zero sense. Of course those same natives ignore those who have sent emails and don’t get the answers either.

Whooop pinball police making a stop

#2676 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Do you actually have skin in the game?

#2677 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:Do you actually have skin in the game?

hey gold 1 . your pinball collection is fake .
Are you Haggis ?

This thread is turning into a shit show . Where the F is the game ?

#2678 2 years ago

Out of the 250 Mermaids how many of the real buyers or even in this thread?

#2679 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Out of the 250 Mermaids how many of the real buyers or even in this thread?

I’m one of the real buyers and I’m confident that I’ll receive my game.

#2680 2 years ago
2787B8FE-0EE9-431F-AF57-6219B861ABBC (resized).jpeg2787B8FE-0EE9-431F-AF57-6219B861ABBC (resized).jpeg
#2681 2 years ago

Let me guess, Kaneda been shit-posting about Haggis again? Thread always flares up after he does.

Got to give credit to him for being able to wind up his disciples the way he does. I just don’t understand why his disciples buy into it.

#2682 2 years ago

I'm also one of the real slot holders, and I remain optimistic that I will receive a mermaid this summer.

My anxiety comes less from concerns over Haggis & Damian's communication approach and more from the challenges in the supply chain. I am managing a development project with an external partner in the med device space and I see the real effects of electronic component delays. I appreciate that 250 machine is not high volume, but we are seeing 60wk + best case lead times to get electronic components for a design build qty of controllers!

So I do wonder how Haggis' CMs doing the boards, etc are able to commit to any realistic timelines ???

#2683 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Let me guess, Kaneda been shiposting about Haggis again? Thread always flares up after he does.
Got to give credit to him for being able to wind up his disciples the way he does. I just don’t understand why his disciples buy into it.

He has... yesterday, a full 1/2 hour rant about haggis. There's just nothing else for pinball podcasters to talk about now so haggis is an easy target.

It is good that someone is calling Haggis out publicly though. Somebody has to.

In the last email from Damian on January 18th he wrote that season ticket holders would be getting an email about sending the final payment for their game. I wonder if there are any season ticket holders in this post that have sent the remaining $8k +/- USD to haggis and what communication have they had since then?

"If you are a Classic Series Ticket Holder, you will have already received an email from me. If you have not, please let me know.

The remaining games in each tier will be manufactured in order of deposit received. Once we get processes bedded down over the coming weeks and streamline our throughput, I will be able to let you know where you are placed in the build order and when the anticipated ship date will be for your game."

#2684 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

It is good that someone is calling Haggis out publicly though. Somebody has to.

If the podcast is behind a paywall it's not quite "public" and I don't think Damien would pay to listen to that stuff.

#2685 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Let me guess, Kaneda been shit-posting about Haggis again? Thread always flares up after he does.

The Kaneda defence? That’s desperate!

What’s your analysis on the current situation? Supply chain issues? Staffing issues? Technical issues? Something else?

Doesn’t really matter what the cause is, it all adds time, and time equals money.

If Haggis has deep pockets and are prepared to lose a bunch of money to get the job done, great, you’ll get your game. The alternative is less fun and equally realistic, if not more so now given the missed deadlines and lack of meaningful communication.

#2686 2 years ago

I'm holding out hope they'll show up at TPF with a fathom.

#2687 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgonzola:

The Kaneda defence? That’s desperate!
What’s your analysis on the current situation? Supply chain issues? Staffing issues? Technical issues? Something else?
Doesn’t really matter what the cause is, it all adds time, and time equals money.
If Haggis has deep pockets and are prepared to lose a bunch of money to get the job done, great, you’ll get your game. The alternative is less fun and equally realistic, if not more so now given the missed deadlines and lack of meaningful communication.

No defense, just an observation.

#2688 2 years ago

I WAS a series ticket holder and received a phone call from Damo making sure I was still ok with being a Series Ticket holder back in January as he new I had some recent hard times and may have over committed.

So, yes , he communicated with me re being a series holder and confirmed my status in January.
The good thing is that the deposit I paid for Series Ticket will all be applied to Mermaid. So the remainder when ready is not as bad to swallow and I WILL be a proud owner of a stunning machine.

Now I don't know why I am broadcasting this as it is embarrassing to admit my financial status to a larger audience.
But to have a manufacturer who was flexible, when they certainly didn't have to be, is honourable and due to this I am FULLY behind Haggis and all the lads there.
If and when my $$$$$ status improves I will be sure to acquire more luxury toys from the Clan.

ALWAYS back an Aussie in Australia -

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

hey gold 1 . your pinball collection is fake .
Are you Haggis ?
This thread is turning into a shit show . Where the F is the game ?

My pinball collection is fake????????What do you know to make spurious comments like that? Is that a Sunshine thing?

#2690 2 years ago

10 Fathoms in box and 10 in builds on the floor that would make a great update..

Pulling for Haggis!

#2691 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I WAS a series ticket holder and received a phone call from Damo making sure I was still ok with being a Series Ticket holder back in January as he new I had some recent hard times and may have over committed.
So, yes , he communicated with me re being a series holder and confirmed my status in January.
The good thing is that the deposit I paid for Series Ticket will all be applied to Mermaid. So the remainder when ready is not as bad to swallow and I WILL be a proud owner of a stunning machine.
Now I don't know why I am broadcasting this as it is embarrassing to admit my financial status to a larger audience.
But to have a manufacturer who was flexible, when they certainly didn't have to be, is honourable and due to this I am FULLY behind Haggis and all the lads there.
If and when my $$$$$ status improves I will be sure to acquire more luxury toys from the Clan.
ALWAYS back an Aussie in Australia - Homepin is not Australian.

How did he know you had recent hard times?

He's letting you off your series ticket obligations AND allowing the extra $3k+/- you spent on the series ticket to go toward your fathom? Essentially, a refund!? And you still get your game first as if you were a series ticket holder? I'm a little confused.
You basically have a $4k deposit on a fathom mermaid then.

#2692 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

How did he know you had recent hard times?
He's letting you off your series ticket obligations AND allowing the extra $3k+/- you spent on the series ticket to go toward your fathom? Essentially, a refund!? And you still get your game first as if you were a series ticket holder? I'm a little confused.
You basically have a $4k deposit on a fathom mermaid then.

You are reading way too much into it.
I am not getting my game first any more as I had to relinquish my series holder, you happy now .
Sounds like you are having a sook because someone showed me a little empathy when I asked for a reprieve.
None of your business otherwise and I probably shouldn’t have posted anything.
BTW I was one of the very first to order Celts.

#2693 2 years ago

I am not getting my game first any more as I had to relinquish my series holder, you happy now .
Sounds like you are having a sook because someone showed me a little empathy when I asked for a reprieve.

Thanks for the story hopefully everything's OK in your guy's world.

Downunder

#2694 2 years ago

This thread has shifted from :

Fathom will be built, beginning X

Fathom will be built, beginning X + more time

Fathom will be built

But the real point of interest has never waivered, WHEN? In that spirit let’s a take a poll.

When will the First Fathom Mermaid be Delivered? thread was created. Now you can voice your confidence in the when by voting there. It will have no impact on actual delivery and since we have no info from Haggis, a poll we must make. What could go wrong?

Don’t know how to link, but vote there if you’d like to or don’t, whatever. The preliminary results are SHOCKING! (just a little clickbait)

#2695 2 years ago

I was curious because of damiam's staunch "no refund policy" with everyone else.

#2696 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

This thread has shifted from :

Fathom will be built, beginning X

Fathom will be built, beginning X + more time

Fathom will be built

But the real point of interest has never waivered, WHEN? In that spirit let’s a take a little poll.

When will the first Fathom Mermaid be Delivered? thread was created. Now you can voice the amount of confidence you have by voting there. It will have no impact on actual delivery and since we have no info from Haggis, a poll we must make. What could go wrong?
Don’t know how to link thread, but vote there if you like or don’t, whatever. The preliminary results are SHOCKING! (just a little clickbait)

Where did u create this thread? I didn't see it in boutique pinball forum.

#2697 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Where did u create this thread? I didn't see it in boutique pinball forum.

I put it under all pinball, because of possible broader appeal.

87B4BEF7-81D1-4B3B-91AD-BA0D94E69B4C.jpeg87B4BEF7-81D1-4B3B-91AD-BA0D94E69B4C.jpeg

#2698 2 years ago

Look at the Haggis Owners thread I created as well.

#2699 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I was curious because of damiam's staunch "no refund policy" with everyone else.

Don’t know his policies but
Because it ain’t a refund !
Let it go mate, shouldn’t have posted anything.

#2700 2 years ago

Don’t know his policies but
Because it ain’t a refund !
Let it go mate, shouldn’t have posted anything.

He let you back out of a season ticket "contract" and allowed you to apply the entire amount to fathom. It absolutely is kind of a refund. If all other series ticket holders (who probably aren't broke but are surely scared shitless about the 4 future games being made after watching the fathom debacle) asked for the same deal what would he do?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/54?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.