20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_163313 (resized).jpg
20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg
20210918_072133 (resized).jpg
20210917_165031 (resized).jpg
20210917_164522 (resized).jpg

There are 1693 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.
#201 5 months ago

where can i see the playfield or gameplay video?

#202 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Any chance they will add an upgrade path so that standard version could play the 2.0 code like when MMR sold the color display update?
I don’t see the benefit of limiting the extra code to just 250 games.

The benefit is to get people to buy and buy now.

#203 5 months ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

where can i see the playfield or gameplay video?

This is what's available so far

#204 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Any chance they will add an upgrade path so that standard version could play the 2.0 code like when MMR sold the color display update?

The benefit is to keep the orders low. This is a new manufacturer. They only have made 18 or so Celts so really the experience is not there yet. If the new code was on the cheaper version then Haggis would be flooded with orders that they will not be able to build fast enough. They have not really proven they can get out 50 games a month like they are stating so its best to keep orders low so they can get these out timely and move on. They ran the numbers already and prob think 250 of the LE is enough to make it worth building.

#205 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

To try to ensure they sell all 250 games at a premium price

#206 5 months ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I dont see anything. But i saw people commenting on how it looked. I did try to find it in the various forums but struck out.

#207 5 months ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

free shipping on Mermaid to SF

Ok cool. Thanks.

#208 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Be interesting to see how they can ramp up so quickly to 50 games per month especially with Covid.

I doubt they'll hit that mark by the end of Fathom production, but pre-order folks are masochists by nature and will squeeze every last ounce of pleasure/pain out of the wait.

#209 5 months ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

BAA/PPS moved to Sparks NV years back.

Unfortunately paying for domestic shipping isn't that much of a discount these days. Plus you'll have to wait for the container to ship vs shipping the game from Oz direct. At least shipping from Europe wasn't a huge premium vs domestic... curious if Oz is radically different. Tell us rotordave

#210 5 months ago
Quoted from tbaum:

i see it now. one of the links in the first post. Thanks!

#211 5 months ago

No mention of screenprinted backglass? I assume we'll get the printed plexi like their playfield top.

Curious how they will address the star rollovers in their PF design. Newer designed stars with longer posts?

#212 5 months ago

My Friend called me this morning to tell me about this! I was getting ready to leave for work at 9:53 A.M.. I looked at it...... Thought It was expensive.... Left for work.
Got Home from work at 2 and pulled the trigger at 2:58
I am # 144

My only regret is that I did not do it in the Morning!!

#213 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

JJP did a similar thing when they included an additional mech limited only to the GnR CE games.

#214 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, bear in mind that the ME is very, very limited, and it's a well-know and loved design and art-package. With only 250 MEs being made, how many will actually make it to the USA? Maybe 150, 125? I can't see any owner having trouble selling this for what they bought it for down the line. Especially if these indestructible pfs really are as robust as what Haggis is saying they are. So while it is a lot of cost, it's a very liquid, non-depreciating, purchase.

Uh, I wouldn't be buying a ME at any price, really. I just want a Fathom, lol.

#215 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

JJP did a similar thing when they included an additional mech limited only to the GnR CE games.

Adn Stern has been doing this for what....over a decade now?

Daft Punk Multiball anyone? Literally zero gameplay affecting hardware difference between Tron LE and Pro, DPMB was only on the LE's.

#216 5 months ago

interesting development for sure. I almost pulled the trigger on a fathom about three weeks ago but decided on a QS instead. I have always liked the idea of someone reproducing classic ballys and sterns but had a price tag of a new stern pro in my head. This is a bit high but i understand it probably doesn't cost a bunch less to not have all the ramps and other newfangled toys. I'm hoping this opens up the market a bit on the originals. I think I'd still prefer that as i already have 10 games that use the same board sets and am pretty familiar with all that stuff.

RB

#217 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can't believe some of you guys are hung up on the Haggis name.

Can't help it. Might as well be called Swamp Fart Pinball, Fresh Cut Durian Pinball, Chana Masala Diarrhea Pinball, Fried Roadkill Pinball....

#218 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They should email you a confirmation[quoted image]

That's not your LE slot number. I ordered a shirt and it was order number 102 or something, and then later put down my deposit and I was order number 121 or something. That's just the number of any order on the Haggis website. Although theoretically it will tell you who's ahead or behind you.

#219 5 months ago

So I've tried twice to join the clan in order to receive access and have received nothing whatsoever in my email or junk folder. To clarify with anyone else who has done this before, is that how it is supposed to work? Buy the clan membership and then receive an email with a link to buy the game?

#220 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can't help it. Might as well be called Swamp Fart Pinball, Fresh Cut Durian Pinball, Chana Masala Diarrhea Pinball, Fried Roadkill Pinball....

It really is just a terrible name. It makes deeproot seem like a good name, even when they still had their old logo that looked somehwhat sodomy like.

#221 5 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is a low quantity game (higher prices for low run qty of parts, etc)

I don't think anyone disputes this, but it also didn't have to necessarily have to be that way.

The Mermaid edition is roughly $1500 USD more. I think that adder is well justified over any base edition (regardless of base price) for upgraded trim, playfield components, surround sound, cab art, dual big screens, and undercab lighting. That's a darn good mod package and probably eats up most if not all of the $1500 premium.

But then one can wonder how much of this Mermaid adder went into the cost of developing, coding, animating, and testing an entire new ruleset. This had to take substantial time and money. But with the package already being justifiable at $1500 adder with everything else included, it now just looks like the base model is so expensive (and without the code) to subsidize the cost of the new code for the 250 limited games. Why spend $8K when $9500 gets exponentially more? If you're already that price-committed, Mermaid is the only model that makes sense. IMHO, the base should have it as an upgrade option because it now looks nowhere near as attractive as the Mermaid, and I'd really like to see these everywhere.

#222 5 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I don't think anyone disputes this, but it also didn't have to necessarily have to be that way.
The Mermaid edition is roughly $1500 USD more. I think that adder is well justified over any base edition (regardless of base price) for upgraded trim, playfield components, surround sound, cab art, dual big screens, and undercab lighting. That's a darn good mod package and probably eats up most if not all of the $1500 premium.
But then one can wonder how much of this Mermaid adder went into the cost of developing, coding, animating, and testing an entire new ruleset. This had to take substantial time and money. But with the package already being justifiable at $1500 adder with everything else included, it now just looks like the base model is so expensive (and without the code) to subsidize the cost of the new code for the 250 limited games. Why spend $8K when $9500 gets exponentially more? If you're already that price-committed, Mermaid is the only model that makes sense. IMHO, the base should have it as an upgrade option because it now looks nowhere near as attractive as the Mermaid, and I'd really like to see these everywhere.

I agree with all of this with one exception... I wouldn't consider the screens used big by any standards... I do wonder what resolution they actually are as screen sizes that small are limited, hope the viewing angle is good on them! It looks good in the pictures.

#223 5 months ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Do they confirm free shipping when ordered?

#224 5 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I agree with all of this with one exception... I wouldn't consider the screens used big by any standards... I do wonder what resolution they actually are as screen sizes that small are limited, hope the viewing angle is good on them! It looks good in the pictures.

I mean the base model has only one screen the size of a credit card, and the Mermaid has two the size of small tablets. I'd think they're going to do more with the 2.0 code than just show the apron cards with a small wave effect. If not, then there would only be one screen, no?

#225 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Those crystal clear inserts? Yuk
Seems like a lot yet to do... so we enter our next pre-order phase...

It's a prototype, but I would want frosted inserts if I was a buyer.

#226 5 months ago

**Edited. Haymaker already beat me to it.

Man, have I been slacking lately.

#227 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

curious if Oz is radically different. Tell us rotordave

Shipping a whole container of pins works out pretty cheap (per pin)

Like ... around $100-150 per unit when I last did it (used, unboxed pins)

International shipping is stuffed at the moment though. Huge delays everywhere.

Hopefully it’ll come right in the next year.

rd

#228 5 months ago

I for one can't wait for the inevitable "It doesn't play like the original!" and "The flippers are all wrong!" comments and threads to start poring in!

#229 5 months ago

where is the Pinbar™

#230 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

That's not your LE slot number. I ordered a shirt and it was order number 102 or something, and then later put down my deposit and I was order number 121 or something. That's just the number of any order on the Haggis website. Although theoretically it will tell you who's ahead or behind you.

Could be right.

#231 5 months ago

Sorta funny seeing the same preorder guys say “I’m in!!” again

Good on ya.

Has there even been a gameplay video yet?

rd

#232 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good on ya.
rd

I had my own gameplay preview last time I played Fathom.

#233 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Good on ya.
rd

I’m just in for the ride And to support a local manufacturer really.

#234 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had my own gameplay preview last time I played Fathom.

True!

But this one is slightly different ... for starters it has ...

- a different playfield
- different modes
- different CPU
- different flippers

I was more making the point that the same pre order guys are “in again!”

rd

#235 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

True!
But this one is slightly different ... for starters it has ...
- a different playfield
- different modes
- different CPU
- different flippers
I was more making the point that the same pre order guys are “in again!”
rd

Yeh. Preorder guys do it as much for the “entertainment” as the end product.

#236 5 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think the point is to make the normal version not tempting in order to just sell out on the 250 mermaid units. Again Haggis has really no experience in mass producing a game. Yes they have made some Celts but not enough to really have the experience to pump out hundreds of games. I am sure they have the drive to do it but they know not to get in above their head. They prob have done the numbers already and thought they could easily sell the 250 mermaids and then a few standards on top (maybe 50) which gives them 6 months according to their timeline. I would say its going to take them longer than that but let them prove it. If the standard had the new code then people would forgo the 9k version and they would prob be stuck having to build a couple more hundred units which is prob not what they want to do or are capable of doing.

#237 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I for one can't wait for the inevitable "It doesn't play like the original!" and "The flippers are all wrong!" comments and threads to start poring in!

That’s a given - especially if it’s hard top. Plus we’re talking a 40 year gap in electronic technology.

#238 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh. Preorder guys do it as much for the “entertainment” as the end product.

I’m guessing that’s the case.

rd

#239 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s a given - especially if it’s hard top. Plus we’re talking a 40 year gap in electronic technology.

I think it will play way faster.

- Plastic playfield, ball flies on those
- new modern 50v flippers

I think it’ll play fast as hell.

Better have some spare drops on hand!

rd

#240 5 months ago

When is this supposed to ship? Are any of you worried this will fall through or the quality will not be worth the price paid? Man I am tempted since many won’t make it here.

#241 5 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

When is this supposed to ship? Are any of you worried this will fall through or the quality will not be worth the price paid? Man I am tempted since many won’t make it here.

I was told directly from Haggins that they are hoping to start production in July.

#242 5 months ago

If you read the TWIP article that has been posted it says production is scheduled to begin on July 1st with 50 units out per month. Just like everything in life and in pinball that is an estimate and Haggis has no track record to back those claims so really it is a risk that you must be willing to take if you want one. Haggis seems like good people and have proven they can make a game and ship a few units out but not on the scale of hundreds of units. Like all pinball start ups you need to go in understanding that A) you may not get your game B) you will get you game but not when you were expecting it C) you will get your game but the quality and customer support is just not there. Good luck if you go in! I am not interested in this but think its awesome and happy for those that will get one.

#243 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think it will play way faster.
- Plastic playfield, ball flies on those
- new modern 50v flippers
I think it’ll play fast as hell.
Better have some spare drops on hand!
rd

Great points and I'll enjoy it playing faster. I will also assume that the flipper power strength will be adjustable in the settings as is the norm these days.

#244 5 months ago

Pretty crazy to see a shiny new Fathom! I would love to play this to compare with the original.

#245 5 months ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

If you read the TWIP article that has been posted it says production is scheduled to begin on July 1st with 50 units out per month. Just like everything in life and in pinball that is an estimate and Haggis has no track record to back those claims so really it is a risk that you must be willing to take if you want one. Haggis seems like good people and have proven they can make a game and ship a few units out but not on the scale of hundreds of units. Like all pinball start ups you need to go in understanding that A) you may not get your game B) you will get you game but not when you were expecting it C) you will get your game but the quality and customer support is just not there. Good luck if you go in! I am not interested in this but think its awesome and happy for those that will get one.

Thanks appreciate your feedback. Definitely a gamble. Thank know you never buy a pin as an investment, but thinking it may be a rare sought after pin, or not. No crystal ball or fortune teller available unfortunately.

#246 5 months ago

To Haggis Pinball, I say that’s a job well done. It’s exactly the type of play a company like Haggis needs to make. Maybe the game isn’t for everyone in this thread, but from a business standpoint it is a very smart move.

#247 5 months ago

I like the idea but the price just from their last game

It would of been cool for standard version to have the new rules and sounds and then mermaid version in a lcd backbox modern style cabinet with a lcd

#248 5 months ago

Thanks appreciate your feedback. Definitely a gamble. Thank know you never buy a pin as an investment, but thinking it may be a rare sought after pin, or not. No crystal ball or fortune teller available unfortunately.

Sure! Everything is a gamble and pinball is a huge one. Even buying a NIB Stern is a gamble regarding playfield quality and what not. You know you will get your game but at what cost. I have played the gamble on NIB multiple times and have lost multiple times on playfield quality. It is what it is. I have no doubt Haggis has the drive to do this. Just depends on how many orders they get and their labor force as well as covid slowdowns. If I was Haggis I would have not given a timeline but I understand they need to at least give some timeframe but for those ordering I would at least double the time on expectation. Look at JJP. They still can't get games out fast enough and still wont give anyone any timeframe..

As far as investment goes....I don't understand that for I never have looked at pinball like that. I buy what I want to play. Not what I think will give me a return. I can't see the value of a mermaid version tanking on the aftermarket though and should hold its value steady like the majority of NIB. But again who cares if you lose money if you got you moneys worth of fun. That's all that matters.

#249 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shipping a whole container of pins works out pretty cheap (per pin)
Like ... around $100-150 per unit when I last did it (used, unboxed pins)
International shipping is stuffed at the moment though. Huge delays everywhere.
Hopefully it’ll come right in the next year.
rd

What I was getting at was... people were getting TBLs shipped individually for sub $500. As Zach said on his podcast, domestic shipping is $300-$500 typically. If you can get a game via air transport for basically the same price as shipping domestically... shipping games to PPS probably hurts you more than helps you as a buyer. The question was if people could get games from Oz to door here for similar prices as they were getting from EU to door here.

My peeps don't normally deal with Oz shipments, so I have no frame of reference to compare.

#250 5 months ago

Looking forward to a gameplay video.
BTW, is reflectocab art new cab decals?

Probably doesn’t matter, likely sold out an hour ago.

There are 1693 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside