image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 157.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So how do I pre order?

"Manufacturing is scheduled to begin on July 1st, with the plan to build 50 per month at the new facility.

You can purchase direct from the Haggispinball.com store on April 28th. To reserve a game, you will need to put down a $1,500 AUD (~ $1,162 USD) non-refundable deposit. Haggis Clan Members can reserve now by emailing [email protected].

Please see the interview with Haggis Pinball below for more information on ordering and production."

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

80s games don’t have any cache to the NIBnewbs

This is changing rapidly. Most of the "NIBnewbs" I know have started filling their basements with restored '80s SS titles.

#153 2 years ago

I'm not 100% sure drop target banks are as expensive as they would have been a few years ago. I purchace a fair amount of laser cut parts from 3rd parties, and I think getting the sheet metal pieces cut out for an assembly wouldn't be nearly as expensive as back in the day when you had to have stamping tools made for each piece. Reverse engineering one of these assemblies and making the files available for homebrew folks has been a project I've been mulling for the last few months.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

"Manufacturing is scheduled to begin on July 1st, with the plan to build 50 per month at the new facility.
You can purchase direct from the Haggispinball.com store on April 28th. To reserve a game, you will need to put down a $1,500 AUD (~ $1,162 USD) non-refundable deposit. Haggis Clan Members can reserve now by emailing [email protected].
Please see the interview with Haggis Pinball below for more information on ordering and production."

Thank you, David!

#155 2 years ago

Anyone know if it's possible to join Clan Haggis today, and be able to order a Mermaid Edition ahead of time? I assumed the Clan Haggis thing was only for people who bought a Celts. But in looking closer it seems like anyone can just buy in, just like the Spooky Fang club. But I don't necessarily wanna spend the $70 to join the Club, if it won't actually allow me to order sooner.

Cuz I think these are gonna be sold out very quick.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Anyone know if it's possible to join Clan Haggis today, and be able to order a Mermaid Edition ahead of time? I assumed the Clan Haggis thing was only for people who bought a Celts. But in looking closer it seems like anyone can just buy in, just like the Spooky Fang club. But I don't necessarily wanna spend the $70 to join the Club, if it won't actually allow me to order sooner.
Cuz I think these are gonna be sold out very quick.

I just joined Clan Haggis this morning. As of 9am I was order number #93 for the clan membership....guessing this means they sold at least that many? Deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I was in the market for a restored fathom but this just made my decision easier.

#157 2 years ago

Classic Edition: ~$7,360 USD | $9,500 AUD
Mermaid Edition: ~$8,900 USD | $11,500 AUD

At these prices I would prefer to own a nice original instead. But it is great they are doing this, wish them all the best.

#158 2 years ago

I'll buy one as long as they stayed true to that awesome Bally linear flipper design of the era. Haha. I'm kidding. Pull those linear flipper mechs and burn them. Burn them to the ground!!!

#159 2 years ago

This announcement has me riddled with anxiety.I want a Fathom(Mermaid) but I don't want to part with any machines.Munsters with Topper would probably have to be 1 of them along with another 1-2 since most of my games are lower value.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I just joined Clan Haggis this morning. As of 9am I was order number #93 for the clan membership....guessing this means they sold at least that many? Deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I was in the market for a restored fathom but this just made my decision easier.

Yep, just put my deposit down as well. As soon as I paid for my Club membership, I got the option to put down a Mermaid Edition deposit. I guess I was overthinking it!

I wonder if any Mermaid Editions will even be left by the 28th?

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yep, just put my deposit down as well. As soon as I paid for my Club membership, I got the option to put down a Mermaid Edition deposit. I guess I was overthinking it!
I wonder if any Mermaid Editions will even be left by the 28th?

I think they will mostly be gone by the 28th.

#162 2 years ago

The other upshot of this being successful is hopefully more reproduction parts and games in the future.

#163 2 years ago

Just put a mermaid deposit down at 2pm EST. It said order number 129 if that means anything.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Just put a mermaid deposit down at 2pm EST. It said order number 129 if that means anything.

I was order number 107 at 12PM EST.

#165 2 years ago

All ... I can empathize with the pricing concerns ... but there are also alot of challenges:

> This is a low quantity game (higher prices for low run qty of parts, etc)
> It's being made in AU (many parts need to be sourced in AU, otherwise the price would be more as shipping from the US is expensive and adds delays)
> Alot of parts and mechs need to be made for this game previously not made before or need to be re-run
> Covid makes everything harder, take longer, and cost more - it just does.

It's great that Haggis has stepped up to do this, this is not the first company that wanted to run this game, but it is the one that is making the game and we are glad that this finally is making it's way to being a reality.

The alternative would have been to wait another 5-10 years to see what would happen, but my guess is that costs of pinball mfg are not going down anytime soon.

If you want shiny new (std) or extended (mermaid) Fathom(tm) then it's better to create the game in this configuration with this pricing as opposed to not. The great relief to many of you is if you are not comfortable with the pricing you are not obligated to buy Haggis' game.

[email protected]

#166 2 years ago

Rick, when could we anticipate these LE's shipping, any target dates?

#167 2 years ago

Rick, it's a great looking game and seems reasonably priced for the amount of stuff in there. People are just upset because they really want one and have little perspective on the costs of building a couple hundred units.

#168 2 years ago

Fathom looks cool. Centaur next please.

#169 2 years ago

I can understand the concern ... we all want games priced where we want them ... but I also think that especially the Mermaid brings additional game, as well as some pretty neat technology into the game while not trying to overly 'modernize' it.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The great relief to many of you is if you are not comfortable with the pricing you are not obligated to buy Haggis' game.

[email protected]

You are always so pleasant

#171 2 years ago

I will think on a Standard. Sounds like there is no limit on those. I wonder how long they will take orders for.

#172 2 years ago

Looks gorgeous, love it that there will be more Fathoms in the world. If they ever do Medusa, it's time to sell the other kidney....

#173 2 years ago

I can't believe some of you guys are hung up on the Haggis name.

Clan Haggis member #74 here and Mermaid Fathom was ordered first thing this morning.

#174 2 years ago

Just put my deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I have all the pieces to restore my current Fathom (game, new CPR playfield, NEW Big Time cabinet, plastics, etc.) that I will now be selling instead. Upgrading to the Mermaid versus the time to restore my game was such an easy decision. Can't wait!

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If they ever do Medusa, it's time to sell the other kidney....

Maybe the update can make the bottom PF worth playing

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just put my deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I have all the pieces to restore my current Fathom (game, new CPR playfield, NEW Big Time cabinet, plastics, etc.) that I will now be selling instead. Upgrading to the Mermaid versus the time to restore my game was such an easy decision. Can't wait!

Same here - ordered a Mermaid edition but half way through restoring my original atm. But I’ll keep going as I like the process. Still be good demand for the original once the dust settles imo - bear in mind this will not be “original” in any way. Proc system, plastic top Playfield etc. Will play different for better or worse.

Be interesting to see how they can ramp up so quickly to 50 games per month especially with Covid. Proud to have an Australian pinball manufacturer. Actually proud to have an Australian company manufacturing anything!

Homepin should have concentrated on making these SS remakes.

#177 2 years ago

Looks AWESOME.

Priced out, as usual.

Oh well. Enjoy, folks.

*edit*

Quoted from PPS:

The great relief to many of you is if you are not comfortable with the pricing you are not obligated to buy Haggis' game.

Wow some things (and people) never change. You still, after all this time, have no clue how to be tactful about anything, do you? Are we related?

#178 2 years ago

#146 @12:00pm pacific

I feel bad for those with originals. Guessing we'll see a few for sale this week.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I feel bad for those with originals.

Ha...I'm alright thanks.
I'd wait to play one before tossing dirt on the coffin!

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

[email protected]

Phew... my relief cannot be overstated.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha...I'm alright thanks.
I'd wait to play one before tossing dirt on the coffin!

Ya... it's a risk..but I love old bally's... i'll get the set. Just sucks because I wouldn't have paid for the added mermaid edition if they didnt hold back the 2.0 code. I'm not a big fan. I'm guessing they'll add that in on the standard after getting their orders.

#182 2 years ago

Also...not sure if everyone noticed this:
"The Mermaid edition will include free domestic shipping within Australia and will include free shipping to Planetary Pinball Supply in the USA."

That makes the special edition more tempting especially for us west coasters.

#183 2 years ago

I own an original Fathom and I think this is great. I hope they are successful and make Centaur next!

#184 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Also...not sure if everyone noticed this:
"The Mermaid edition will include free domestic shipping within Australia and will include free shipping to Planetary Pinball Supply in the USA."
That makes the special edition more tempting especially for us west coasters.

They absolutely have no issue selling the Mermaids, but will be interested to see how the regular edition sells. Without the code ad on, will definitely be a slower burn. They really should make the code option across both models, but I guess they can wait and see if they need to from a sales perspective.

BTW, I’m #142 for those keeping track.

#185 2 years ago

Not a buyer, but really hope I get to play this machine
I thought I would hate Beatles and ended up really liking it

#186 2 years ago

I'm in on a LE!! Between the art, gameplay, and all the new exciting things to explore, this is a win/win for me.

I just haven't been excited about the recent Stern releases (last I bought was JP) anyways so don't mind this at all!

#187 2 years ago

Those crystal clear inserts? Yuk

Seems like a lot yet to do... so we enter our next pre-order phase...

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I feel bad for those with originals. Guessing we'll see a few for sale this week.

I have an original and ordered the Mermaid edition without hesitation.

#189 2 years ago

I’m in! #14 babay. Let’s hope the topper doesn’t disappoint

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Ya... it's a risk..but I love old bally's... i'll get the set. Just sucks because I wouldn't have paid for the added mermaid edition if they didnt hold back the 2.0 code. I'm not a big fan. I'm guessing they'll add that in on the standard after getting their orders.

Right, but I'm guessing the reason that there's no 2.0 code on the Standard is that it doesn't have the LCD screen or the RGB LEDs. Without those, it's a lot harder to communicate with the player and actually implement new, mode-based, gameplay. And if they put those elements into the standard, then there wouldn't be much to differentiate it from the ME.

Quoted from Frax:

Looks AWESOME.
Priced out, as usual.
Oh well. Enjoy, folks.

Well, bear in mind that the ME is very, very limited, and it's a well-know and loved design and art-package. With only 250 MEs being made, how many will actually make it to the USA? Maybe 150, 125? I can't see any owner having trouble selling this for what they bought it for down the line. Especially if these indestructible pfs really are as robust as what Haggis is saying they are. So while it is a lot of cost, it's a very liquid, non-depreciating, purchase.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m in! #14 babay. Let’s hope the topper doesn’t disappoint

How'd you get your number? I'm in, but I don't know what spot in line I'm at/

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How'd you get your number? I'm in, but I don't know what spot in line I'm at/

They should email you a confirmation

0E9D5B9D-A6EB-4BF9-B6F0-2C87C33FC203 (resized).jpeg0E9D5B9D-A6EB-4BF9-B6F0-2C87C33FC203 (resized).jpeg
#193 2 years ago

Just got home from work. How or who are you ordering from??
Someone PM the details please.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Join clan Haggis on their website.

https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_ecwid&view=ecwid#!/Clan-Haggis/p/244825212/category=59077003

They’ll send you a confirmation email of membership. In the email is a link to order.

B36E2189-0432-4A78-AC5F-D1B679566E05 (resized).pngB36E2189-0432-4A78-AC5F-D1B679566E05 (resized).png
#195 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

first buy the membership
https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_ecwid&view=ecwid#!/Clan-Haggis/p/244825212/category=59077003

Then you can put down a deposit

Then post your order #

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quoted from cooked71:

Join the Haggis club on their website.

https://haggispinball.com/

LTG : )

#197 2 years ago

I've had haggis. Its not at all bad.

And I also wish and hope for great success for Haggis pinball. Damian knew pinball was hard.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I can understand the concern ... we all want games priced where we want them ... but I also think that especially the Mermaid brings additional game, as well as some pretty neat technology into the game while not trying to overly 'modernize' it.

Any chance they will add an upgrade path so that standard version could play the 2.0 code like when MMR sold the color display update?

I don’t see the benefit of limiting the extra code to just 250 games.

#199 2 years ago

What will shipping cost??

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What will shipping cost??

free shipping on Mermaid to SF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/4?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.