image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 157.
#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Stern is running their line flat out on a dozen titles, Haggis only has to produce one.
Does that compute?

If you cared to look at the poll that the pinsider is running,there are many manufacturers in delay.And as far as Stern is concerned how long have they been going?Easy to pick on a start up company is it not?

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

If you cared to look at the poll that the pinsider is running,there are many manufacturers in delay.And as far as Stern is concerned how long have they been going?Easy to pick on a start up company is it not?

I see it does not compute.

Stern is shipping product as quickly as they can get them off the line, Haggis is not.

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Stern is shipping product as quickly as they can get them off the line, Haggis is not.

Well perhaps you should pass on(if you actually have an investment with Haggis) to someone else rather than shit can a new company?

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Well perhaps you should pass on(if you actually have an investment with Haggis) to someone else rather than shit can a new company?

LMAO. Same defense we saw from all other fanboys of the long list of failed pinball companies that took money! We have initial timelines, updates, and acceptable communication and then everything going silent. Since when is it a good thing for ANY company to just go silent when they haven't been silent AND are sitting on others cash? NEVER.

Let's be clear here- people have given money to Haggis and I think up to now have had reasonable expectations and have rolled with the punches! We do have a vested interest on what's going on! if they just said they were making pins w/o our money and could prove it like Stern/JJP, we wouldn't have a problem!

#2255 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Who said anything about shit canning a new company?

Truly when someone stated "ship of fools" they hit the mark. Personally I hope they succeed but I also have realistic expectations as well. Trying to compare Haggis to Stern in an attempt to convince yourself all is well is a fool's errand.

They both make pinball machines and that is pretty much where the comparison ends.

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Trying to compare Haggis to Stern in an attempt to convince yourself all is well is a fool's errand.
They both make pinball machines and that is pretty much where the comparison ends.

Pretty sure the comparison was more in reference to how difficult manufacturing is for all companies at the moment, and has been for 2 years. Even Stern, who is the market leader and a well oiled machine, is having difficulties. So by that reasoning it would be expected that a small boutique startup would also be having difficulty. Probably amplified significantly.

#2257 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure the comparison was more in reference to how difficult manufacturing is for all companies at the moment, and has been for 2 years. Even Stern, who is the market leader and a well oiled machine, is having difficulties. So by that reasoning it would be expected that a small boutique startup would also be having difficulty. Probably amplified significantly.

Stern has 14 different pins, IF NOT MORE currently in production and is trying to get caught up from being shut down due to covid restrictions.

I'm not sure Stern's problems are comparable to Haggis.

Stern's volume of sales may in an indirect way be contributing to Haggis difficulties as the 800 pound gorilla in the room they maybe sucking all the parts up from the limited pool of vendors who turn out pinball parts. I sure it can't help.

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Stern has 14 different pins, IF NOT MORE currently in production and is trying to get caught up from being shut down due to covid restrictions.
I'm not sure Stern's problems are comparable to Haggis.
Stern's volume of sales may in an indirect way be contributing to Haggis difficulties as the 800 pound gorilla in the room they maybe sucking all the parts up from the limited pool of vendors who turn out pinball parts. I sure it can't help.

No way you can directly compare them, of course. But the fact that Stern, the 800 pnd Gorilla has been seriously affected - what chance does a startup have?

#2259 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No way you can directly compare them, of course. But the fact that Stern, the 800 pnd Gorilla has been seriously affected - what chance does a startup have?

Re-read that slowly.

I'm not sure how seriously Stern has been impacted, we dont have that information. They are still shipping product as fast as they can turn it out though.

#2260 2 years ago

I emailed Damian and he answered my questions very quickly.

I replied to the email he sent me that was setting my pins numbers of my Fathoms.

Looks like they are working through the processes to try and streamline the build times, once they start boxing the series ticket games, they will provide estimates for everyone on when they can expect their games.

Good communication..

#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm not sure how seriously Stern has been impacted, we dont have that information.

Just as you don't have any real information about any difficulties Haggis may or may not be experiencing!! All we are seeing in the thread at this time is pure speculation and dare i say it, a decent lump of negativity.

#2262 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Just as you don't have any real information about any difficulties Haggis may or may not be experiencing!!.

They have shipped zero Fathoms to customers.

They promised a major update in January.

I'm judging them on their own promises.

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, there is that guy who's had a prototype since last year....ooohhh? Wait, was that you?

nope not me. It is funny that you mention that because I had a restored fathom that looked identical to proto. It had mirror chrome trim (including coin door) and color led displays and she was a real beauty, just like this will be. I sold it because the rules weren’t enough to pull me in. So I am really excited to learn what Haggis pulled off.

#2264 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Whatever d0n says they go for.

lol

#2265 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Haggis is shipping games just as fast as they can as well.. Unfortunately no Fathoms yet. Just that they have no where near the capacity as Stern. Really no other pinball manufacturer even comes close to Stern.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

nope not me. It is funny that you mention that because I had a restored fathom that looked identical to proto. It had mirror chrome trim (including coin door) and color led displays and she was a real beauty, just like this will be. I sold it because the rules weren’t enough to pull me in. So I am really excited to learn what Haggis pulled off.

I just realized I had you confused with the pinball palace arcade. Doh!

#2267 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Haggis is shipping games just as fast as they can as well.. Unfortunately no Fathoms yet. Just that they have no where near the capacity as Stern. Really no other pinball manufacturer even comes close to Stern.

#2268 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You did not see the major update then ?
I mean I have a couple emails from them, that I would consider fairly significant.

The most significant was that Fathoms went into production.
There was even an estimated amount of time till shipments as well.

They have shipped a few dozen Celts.. So like I said I think they are shipping as fast as they can.
At some point they will grow and be able to increase capacity, and external forces that slow everything will lessen.

#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Show me, you can't even get PPS to show us the one they claim is in their office.

Radio Silence.

#2270 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

You did not see the major update then ?
I mean I have a couple emails from them, that I would consider fairly significant.

Then lets see a pic or two of a Fathom on the production line with a copy of todays newspaper lol

#2271 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Then lets see a pic or two of a Fathom on the production line with a copy of todays newspaper lol

I'd settle for new pictures period, these guys would not stop talking when Celts was being built.

#2272 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I'd settle for new pictures period, these guys would not stop talking when Celts was being built.

Have you emailed them?

#2273 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have you emailed them?

Why? Anything said can be out in the open for all.

#2274 2 years ago

Don't ask, you don't get. That's why.

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't ask, you don't get. That's why.

Look it's almost March.

#2276 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Why? Anything said can be out in the open for all.

Because clearly you’re upset and worried about your game. You’ve paid a deposit, you’re entitled to an update.

I’m assuming you’ve ordered a game?

#2277 2 years ago

Can't see what the calendar has to do with typing a question. I mean you typed it here, so it can't be hard.

#2278 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't see what the calendar has to do with typing a question. I mean you typed it here, so it can't be hard.

Statements by Haggis, try and keep up.

#2279 2 years ago

I'm keeping up just fine.

The question was, have you even bothered to ask about an update from the only people that can provide that update.

The answer seems to be avoid the question.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The question was, have you even bothered to ask about an update from the only people that can provide that update.

Is this where I order Haggis T-Shirts?
I’d like a medium please.
Can I enter my credit card number here?

#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Where is the major update promised by Haggis?

Drifting towards deeproot levels of self deception by the minute.

My cash is for closers.

#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My cash is for closers.

And there we are. No deposit made. Just here cause you're bored and want to stir shit. Bye. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Or maybe that's our collective foot.

BTW those that actually ARE buying from Haggis and that had the balls to email them have all the info they need.

#2283 2 years ago

Just talked to Damian. He said to tell everyone that he spent all the fathom money on vegemite and fosters oil cans. Shucks. I guess we all got deeprooted.

#2284 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:Where is the major update promised by Haggis?
Drifting towards deeproot levels of self deception by the minute.
My cash is for closers.

I've got no idea why you are asking me about things i have no interest in pursuing.

The answer was provided to you when you first asked the question.

If you have a dog in this race, and if you are genuinely concerned then the people to ask are Haggis.

Can't see how it get's any simpler.

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Just talked to Damian. He said to tell everyone that he spent all the fathom money on vegemite and fosters oil cans. Shucks. I guess we all got deeprooted.

I read this real fast at first, I thought you said sodomites and oil..!

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

And there we are. No deposit made. Just here cause you're bored and want to stir shit.

Nope, just pointing out Haggis isn't keeping their own promises and you guys are waving your hands going "nothing to see here"

#2287 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Nope, just pointing out Haggis isn't keeping their own promises and you guys are waving your hands going "nothing to see here"

Go for a walk in the park, play with a dog, do something nice for a friend or buy a stranger a meal.

You'll feel better and we won't have to read all your entitled hate.

#2288 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Go for a walk in the park, play with a dog, do something nice for a friend or buy a stranger a meal.
You'll feel better and we won't have to read all your entitled hate.

I think what you’re trying to say is “f*ck off troll.”

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

My cash is for closers.

And Kaneda club subscription?

#2290 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I was waving my hands saying there was a major announcement! Two if you like the note about shipping.
I'd enjoy seeing a few pictures, but those are meh, spend that hour or two setting up a good shot assembling things is way better use of time..

Now also waving my hands because there is a recent delivered Celts right there behind me.. And also I have had communications with Damian in the past week.. Truth is it really does not matter, they have sold all the Mermaids, and their pipeline is filled for quite some time. They will ship soon enough.

#2291 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I was waving my hands saying there was a major announcement! Two if you like the note about shipping.
I'd enjoy seeing a few pictures, but those are meh, spend that hour or two setting up a good shot assembling things is way better use of time..
Now also waving my hands because there is a recent delivered Celts right there behind me.. And also I have had communications with Damian in the past week.. Truth is it really does not matter, they have sold all the Mermaids, and their pipeline is filled for quite some time. They will ship soon enough.

A fair response.

I will step away because on reflection I have made my point long ago and all that is happening is I'm getting irked by unbridled fanbois and responding.

Rinse & Repeat.

I wish everyone including Haggis all the best.

#2292 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think what you’re trying to say is “f*ck off troll.”

No, i prefer to make the place nicer where i can.

There's no fanbois here mate, all we have done is politely direct you to the person that can answer your enquiry.

But it is good that you have realized your actions are negative.

#2293 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's no fanbois here mate, all we have done is politely direct you to the person that can answer your enquiry.

Imagine if every new Stern game thread was... 'Why don't you ask Stern?' and everyone refused to share what they had.

Why is this information suddenly not able to be repeated by anyone?

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Imagine if every new Stern game thread was... 'Why don't you ask Stern?' and everyone refused to share what they had.
Why is this information suddenly not able to be repeated by anyone?

Who said it's not able to be repeated?

Ask away and tell all who is interested, no skin off my knob.

I only said that i was talking to him on the phone last week and didn't bother asking the question as it'll be here when it get's here and there's no profit in trying to pin someone down on something when they are doing their best in a tough situation. I didn't say anyone wasn't allowed to repeat information.

If you want to know what their current AIM is, email, aks Haggis and tell everyone.

Happy?

Got me fucked why you people want to continually attack other people who are waiting just as eagerly as you.

#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, i prefer to make the place nicer where i can.
But it is good that you have realized your actions are negative.

You’re right, we should try to be nice to the sensitive little trolls. Still don’t get why he would be in here. “Im in here to get a front row seat in the next Deeproot dumpster fire. Nothing better to do.”

If you have a deposit down and are legitimately concerned then shoot off an email and see if you’re happy with the reply. Im personally not concerned at all, but I can understand why some might be. There is a track record of train wreck startups in pinball, and usually they have a similar trajectory.

I just don’t think this is one if them. Could be wrong, hoping I’m not. Not much more I can do. No point in spewing crap all over FB and Pinside.

#2297 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

A fair response.
I will step away because on reflection I have made my point long ago and all that is happening is I'm getting irked by unbridled fanbois and responding.
Rinse & Repeat.
I wish everyone including Haggis all the best.

if you don't have a preorder why do you even care? Seriously. You come to this thread to spew nonsense and hate for what? You have no skin in this game. Are you mad you can't GET a preorder because they're all sold out? I'll sell you one of mine... for $5k. You'll thank me in 6 months.

#2298 2 years ago

You guys are making my case for me.

To answer your question, I have already stated my interest but clearly not listening.

Bye.

#2299 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

To answer your question, I have already stated my interest but clearly not listening.
Bye.

Best post you've made. tooroo.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-21-at-8.19.14-PM (resized).jpgScreen-Shot-2020-09-21-at-8.19.14-PM (resized).jpg

oooohhwwwww!!!

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Bye.

Maybe come back when you have a vested interest. We'd love to hear your complaints then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/46?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.