image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 157.
#2101 2 years ago

I sold my Centaur and kept my Bally Fathom for a long time.

I figured that they were a really similar game, and preferred the art slightly on Fathom. I wouldn't buy a Centaur unless it was code pushed me over.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, I have a question that I'm not sure has been asked/answered. Have they said what the flippers are going to be like on their version of the game? The linear flippers on 80s Ballys sucked, but Vid had a process up upgrading to WPC style flippers. Can we assume the remakes will use a better flipper setup than the originals?

This is a fantastic question that I never thought about. My only complaint about Bally games of this era is that the flippers are usually mush. Granted, I’ve never knowingly played a game from this era with rebuilt linear flippers so it may have been decades of wear and tear on all the games I’ve played but ….woof.

#2103 2 years ago

This hobby is a ship of fools

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.
Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
The virus cannot be blamed for the dishonesty and noncommunication from Haggis.
WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTION PHOTOS OF HAGGIS ON THE LINE? SHOW PROOF OR SHUT UP.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

I see you have 133 machines in your collection.And you mention that you have invested thousands with Haggis.So how many machines did you purchase on pre order in your collection,and what amount with Haggis?

#2105 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

This is a fantastic question that I never thought about. My only complaint about Bally games of this era is that the flippers are usually mush. Granted, I’ve never knowingly played a game from this era with rebuilt linear flippers so it may have been decades of wear and tear on all the games I’ve played but ….woof.

Might expect they will use similar flippers as Celts. Driven by the proc system.. Then it would come down to how they might code the drive and pwm hold.. Not sure that can be made to feel the same..

#2106 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love it. d0n bullish on Haggis. They’ll be butting you on the board.

I just bought a 4th mermaid preorder. I'm tapped for now. Get em while you can folks.

#2107 2 years ago

I've got 8 on order, but I'd still like to see some evidence of progress on Fathom.

#2108 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I've got 8 on order, but I'd still like to see some evidence of progress on Fathom.

For real? 8 on order?

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Care to elaborate? Are we fools for believing in Haggis? Liking Fathom? Thinking the flippers will be an improvement over the early 80s Ballys? Not a fan of broad brush metaphors.

#2110 2 years ago

Apart from the covid BS lockdowns us Melbournians have gone through over the last two years it is almost impossible to get factory workers of any skill level.

There would be signs for 15-20 jobs within 300 metres of our business in an industrial area. I have never seen that in the 30 years I have been based there.

Not making excuses for transparency but no one would have seen this job demand 6 months ago.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Apart from the covid BS lockdowns us Melbournians have gone through over the last two years it is almost impossible to get factory workers of any skill level.
There would be signs for 15-20 jobs within 300 metres of our business in an industrial area. I have never seen that in the 30 years I have been based there.
Not making excuses for transparency but no one would have seen this job demand 6 months ago.

Totally agree with this.It seems that people are happy getting any sort of Covid payment rather than wanting to work.Others seem to be shit scared that they will get Covid so they stay at home.Governments of all persuasions enjoy putting fear out there,so controlling.

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

For real? 8 on order?

No, I do apologise for my facetious comment. I was responding to the earlier commentary, where others appeared to be justifying their faith in Haggis, based on how many games they have on order. When in reality all that is required, is for Haggis to provide a meaningful update to all waiting for a game. No smoke and mirrors, no glimpse of something, but an open an transparent description of just where they are with process of building Fathom. If it's just around the corner, hats in the air. If it's say 6 months away from being able to turn out meaningful quantities, so be it, we can all plan our future purchases and wait patiently for Haggis to do their thing.

These are are hard times for manufacturing and I doubt many would be critical and even fewer would cancel their order. But I'm sure most would appreciate a thorough update that explains the long delay and what's left to accomplish. In doing so, trust is built. Staying silent creates uncertainty, nervous buyers jump to conclusions and become troublesome, which can be easily avoided through effective communication.

For the record I own a Celts, proud to own it, I have a Mermaid on order and I'm glad to be on that list.

#2113 2 years ago

Facetious?

A lie. Not the same.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Facetious?
A lie. Not the same.

What does the word facetiously mean?

1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish just being facetious. 2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious a facetious remark.

#2115 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

No, I do apologise for my facetious comment. I was responding to the earlier commentary, where others appeared to be justifying their faith in Haggis, based on how many games they have on order. When in reality all that is required, is for Haggis to provide a meaningful update to all waiting for a game. No smoke and mirrors, no glimpse of something, but an open an transparent description of just where they are with process of building Fathom. If it's just around the corner, hats in the air. If it's say 6 months away from being able to turn out meaningful quantities, so be it, we can all plan our future purchases and wait patiently for Haggis to do their thing.
These are are hard times for manufacturing and I doubt many would be critical and even fewer would cancel their order. But I'm sure most would appreciate a thorough update that explains the long delay and what's left to accomplish. In doing so, trust is built. Staying silent creates uncertainty, nervous buyers jump to conclusions and become troublesome, which can be easily avoided through effective communication.
For the record I own a Celts, proud to own it, I have a Mermaid on order and I'm glad to be on that list.

Curious, Haggis built you a perfectly good Celts game which you seem happy with. Why do you think Fathom will be any different? What has changed to make you think they can’t/won’t live up to their end of the bargain this time?

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Curious, Haggis built you a perfectly good Celts game which you seem happy with. Why do you think Fathom will be any different? What has changed to make you think they can’t/won’t live up to their end of the bargain this time?

The lack of information backed up by physical evidence of progression with the Fathom build. Unlike the way the Celts build unfolded, with that one we went along for that ride and thoroughly enjoyed each and every update as the games came together, at least I know I did.

#2117 2 years ago

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.

IMG_20220206_012852 (resized).jpgIMG_20220206_012852 (resized).jpg
#2118 2 years ago

If people are nervous on their pre-order I would trade an Ultraman BSE Pre-order for a fathom pre-order. I ended up buying an Ultraman CE and was going to wait to post my bse for sale ad.

#2119 2 years ago

What do you call a company that publicly states in Dec that manufacturing will start in Jan (4 weeks in the future) and who doesn’t mention any unresolved issues THEN after missing their own deadline, they still haven’t provided a meaningful update?

a) too busy to provide an update
b) too scared to provide an update
c) too dense to know they owe buyers a meaningful update
d) dishonest
e) poor understanding of what needs to be done
f) incompetent
g) unlucky
h) forgetful
i) living in time warp, where time moves slowly
j) lost his voice
k) pinball is hard
l) dog ate his homework
m) all the above
n) none of the above

The bottom line is that none of these answers is good.

#2120 2 years ago

PPS have had a Haggis Fathom at our HQ since December ... fyi.

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:PPS have had a Haggis Fathom at our HQ since December ... fyi.

Let’s see it

#2122 2 years ago

Nobody has been ripped off yet , it's just taking longer than first announced .
Lots of people put money down on Stern games and they were pushed out to later dates or cancelled and then they were told it would cost them more and that was even before the Insider connected system was announced .
I don't know , but I think the programming of the LCD screens on the apron are holding them up , they want to put out something fantastic and is taking them longer than what they thought , just my guess .

#2123 2 years ago

Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

So I'm curious,Why dont you sell your spots you bought now? Im sure someone would buy it from you.

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

If people are nervous on their pre-order I would trade an Ultraman BSE Pre-order for a fathom pre-order. I ended up buying an Ultraman CE and was going to wait to post my bse for sale ad.

There's a ultraman BSE preorder FS on pinside now for $800... a $700 loss. It's been FS for a long while. Not a great time to sell a BSE preorder I'd say.

#2125 2 years ago

Yes, I'm a fanboy of Damien' but its funny how some have the torches out because he is not posting updates.I never recall Spookey or JJP posting monthly updates. You either believe he will come through or you sell your spots. Plenty of people are willing to buy your spot if you want out. All of you know the risk when you bought a game from a start-up company. Yes, Updates are nice, but they also get people quoiting evey word, and it's one of those no-win things. I believe Damien said he will be starting production in January and pinbrawler is saying "Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?". I doubt he promised January shipping with all the unknowns he knows he is faceing in his mission to build games.

#2126 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Best post ever on pinside.

#2127 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

The lack of information backed up by physical evidence of progression with the Fathom build. Unlike the way the Celts build unfolded, with that one we went along for that ride and thoroughly enjoyed each and every update as the games came together, at least I know I did.

Didn’t follow Celts. Was that in a Celts thread or some other way?

My feeling is the next update will be a game either complete, or close to it. But I have no evidence of that.

I’m not concerned at all either way.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Let’s see it

9CA3CF96-B269-4C73-BCDD-494C3BCEE333 (resized).png9CA3CF96-B269-4C73-BCDD-494C3BCEE333 (resized).png
#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thats some positive news. Hopefully more follows very soon either from PPS and/or Haggis.

#2129 2 years ago

Well i'll be fucked.

Looks like Haggis IS in the business of delivering pinball machines.

c1 (resized).jpgc1 (resized).jpg

#2130 2 years ago

I am almost certain some people here still don’t know what a pandemic is and how badly it effects manufacturing. Especially in Australia…

#2131 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i'll be fucked.
[quoted image]

Congratulations, you'll love it I'm sure. Although there hasn't been any concerns with the production & delivery of Celts.

#2132 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Congratulations, you'll love it I'm sure. Although there hasn't been any concerns with the production & delivery of Celts.

So they are only going to take the money and run on one of their titles and it's been determined by the kangaroo court that it's Fathom that they are going to the dirty on everyone for.

Ok.

#2133 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So they are only going to take the money and run on one of their titles and it's been determined by the kangaroo court that it's Fathom that they are going to the dirty on everyone for.
Ok.

Nobody said anything of the sort, well until you wrote this drivel that is.

#2134 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i'll be fucked.
[quoted image]

Dont see "Fathom" on the side of that box mate.

#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That is certainly good news !

LTG : )

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i'll be fucked.
[quoted image]

Well done punkin you've got the last Haggis game ever produced.

#2137 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Nobody said anything of the sort, well until you wrote this drivel that is.

No, of course they didn't.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Imagine if you are one of 200 Fathom buyers with an average of $1.5k deposit equals $300k. Deposits were requested early 2021. This is the end of 2021. So where’s the money (or parts), Lebowski? If the money was expected to buy parts and 350 PO’s went out in April and 100% everything is scheduled to arrive in two weeks would be a pretty good update. But that is just a fantasy. Maybe that was not the intended purpose for the requested funds, but if Haggis unilaterally decided not to build Fathom, they should have refunded all monies gathered under that pretense. I think they were still looking forward and they 100% should have put the money in a mf lockbox. They should have written and issued all PO’s authorizing production of parts using these funds. It was known that parts shortages were impacting every manufacturer and this was expected. Production and delivery of a part or material to Haggis are tied to PO’s which Haggis has to issue for materials and services. PO’s are sequentially numbered forms used by any mom and pop operations. They tell you a lot of the story of when and what quantities were ordered and a delivery timeframe. My theory is the parts weren’t ordered and that the money is depleted from the accepted deposits. Prove me wrong.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

The lack of a simple update like this makes me fear that there are much bigger problems at Haggis and production of the Fathom games may never happen.

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Congratulations !

LTG : )

#2139 2 years ago

Thanks cooked, might be worth an extra little something later on to have the last ever. Getting into rare games.

#2140 2 years ago

punkin responded like any good Aussie should, excellent.
BTW u r an ugly lil K unt

#2141 2 years ago

No mirrors in your place mate. I'd fit into one leg of your shorts.

I should unbox it but i'm having too much fun with the Medieval Madness that came at the same time. I'll leave my mates Hook packed up and the GnR that is coming for him today can just go in the pile.

Have to organize comp yet too.

Think i need a super brownie.

#2142 2 years ago

Okay given the last post from Atlanta I think it is time to mass the troops at Haggis head office and storm through the gates.We have no choice..........just ask Putin

#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, of course they didn't.

I guess it all depends on the level of reading comprehension.

#2144 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

What does the word facetiously mean?
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish just being facetious. 2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious a facetious remark.

The word facetious has got all the vowels in the right order so there.

#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

The word facetious has got all the vowels in the right order so there.

I didn't know that and it's now got me wondering Y.

#2146 2 years ago

Pinball is hard. Showing pictures is harder!

#2147 2 years ago

i've had some minor issues with celts that damian promised to fix a few weeks ago. the replacement parts haven't shipped. he answered when i re inquired, but radio silence after that. my playfield lcd is malfunctioning and the lockdown bar is chipping. the shooter rod was installed out of line and deformed the cabinet decal and stress fractured the shooter rod retaining back plate. fun game, the playfield is amazing, excited about my fathom mermaid edition.

01676044-7922-40EB-9998-4492027C192E (resized).jpeg01676044-7922-40EB-9998-4492027C192E (resized).jpeg
#2148 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

i've had some minor issues with celts that damian promised to fix a few weeks ago. the replacement parts haven't shipped. he answered when i re inquired, but radio silence after that. my playfield lcd is malfunctioning and the lockdown bar is chipping. the shooter rod was installed out of line and deformed the cabinet decal and stress fractured the shooter rod retaining back plate. fun game, the playfield is amazing, excited about my fathom mermaid edition.
[quoted image]

How long has the radio silence been? Have you tried to email. Using email is going to be your best way to keep a official time/date stamped record of interactions. Phone calls,text messages and Pinside equals = nothing.

Hope your game get fixed the LCD issue is scary..

#2149 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well i'll be fucked.
[quoted image]

Crikey Punkin! I'm shocked!

No kneesocks with those sandals?!

Congrats on the Celts!

#2150 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Crikey Punkin! I'm shocked!
No kneesocks with those sandals?!

Congrats on the Celts!

Hung over in my PJ's at 7 in the morning when i had to make room for 3 machines. Best i could do under the circumstances.

And they are thongs. Sandals have straps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/43?hl=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.