image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 157.
#2051 2 years ago

Always starts flaring up when Kaneda releases a new Trollcast.

#2052 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail.
Just can't see the point in complaining here, it won't accomplish anything.

My point remains that there is no purpose or gain in posting complaints on a pinball forum that people have not bothered taking up with the only people who can provide the answers.
Anyway, do what you want, i know how it makes me view people and i assume i'm not the only one that considers how the world is working at the moment.
Hopefully it brings you your comfort.

How do you know that all or some of these people haven't already made their own enquiries and are now expressing concern over the lack of evidence? Then turning to Pinside to express their views/concerns. It is evident by the posts here in this thread that some people want more information that is currently available, either publicly or via private emails.

Personally, I was in from day one and trust that Haggis will eventually deliver. Would I like to see some evidence of the progress Haggis has made, sure, in fact that would be great. I'm keen to see how they overcame the mechanical engineering challenges required to build Fathom, especially the various drop target mechanisms, the spinner mech, the ball gates etc. Are the pop bumper caps hot stamped, screen printed or decals?

#2054 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

How do you know that all or some of these people haven't already made their own enquiries and are now expressing concern over the lack of evidence? Then turning to Pinside to express their of views/concerns. It is evident by the posts here in this thread that some people want more information that is currently available, either publicly or via private emails.
Personally, I was in from day one and trust that Haggis will eventually deliver. Would I like to see some evidence of the progress Haggis has made, sure, in fact that would be great. I'm keen to see how they overcame the mechanical engineering challenges required to build Fathom, especially the various drop target mechanisms, the spinner mech, the ball gates etc. Are the pop bumper caps hot stamped, screen printed or decals?

Have at it then mate, i hope you all get the comfort you crave and sort out all the things you want. Best of luck going forward.

#2055 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have at it then mate, i hope you all get the comfort you crave and sort out all the things you want. Best of luck going forward.

Thanks so much.

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail.

My point remains that there is no purpose or gain in posting complaints on a pinball forum that people have not bothered taking up with the only people who can provide the answers.
Anyway, do what you want, i know how it makes me view people and i assume i'm not the only one that considers how the world is working at the moment.
Hopefully it brings you your comfort.

I don't think you know what complaining is. As I said in my last post, a simple update would go a long ways to ease the minds of many buyers (myself included). I don't need an elaborate video or long email just a simple status update would be great. Something along the lines of

"Hey Mermaid buyers, we apologize for the significant delays. We are still waiting on X parts before we can finish the first set of production builds. We are expecting the parts to be delivered by Y but their delivery is out of our direct control. Once they are delivered will will provide an additional update"

The lack of a simple update like this makes me fear that there are much bigger problems at Haggis and production of the Fathom games may never happen.

#2057 2 years ago

Would love to see pics and gameplay video of the awesome new Fathom!! Can't wait!!

#2058 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I don't think you know what complaining is. As I said in my last post, a simple update would go a long ways to ease the minds of many buyers (myself included). I don't need an elaborate video or long email just a simple status update would be great. Something along the lines of
"Hey Mermaid buyers, we apologize for the significant delays. We are still waiting on X parts before we can finish the first set of production builds. We are expecting the parts to be delivered by Y but their delivery is out of our direct control. Once they are delivered will will provide an additional update"
The lack of a simple update like this makes me fear that there are much bigger problems at Haggis and production of the Fathom games may never happen.

at least you are here fixing all your concerns up here now mate, so that's good.

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail. I just have a different attitude to it than the guy complaining.

Unfortunately talking to them directly doesn't seem to accomplish much either. There was a Twitch stream a couple nights ago with a Celts unboxing in PA. HaggisPinball was active in chat as was Marty. Several of us asked about Fathom. He said he is building the ones for the series ticket holders. He was also asked by several of us when Fathom would ship. After a few attempts to dodge that question he made it clear that he would not commit to a shipping date. Every other company seems to enjoy posting pics of games on the line. I came away with the feeling that he is not being honest about the production issues he is facing. A shipped game, pics or video of a finished production game, or even few pics of games on the line might lay these concerns to rest but they have chosen not to take that route.

#2060 2 years ago

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.
Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
The virus cannot be blamed for the dishonesty and noncommunication from Haggis.
WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTION PHOTOS OF HAGGIS ON THE LINE? SHOW PROOF OR SHUT UP.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?

Ding ding.

Even after January has come and gone people are still gung ho about production.

Look I'm just as happy as the next guy about another start up company and have been saying for years remaking classic titles is a license to print money. The reality is companies promise stuff all the time and go tits up for a variety of reasons ranging from market forces, bad finances, supply train issues, regulations. The list is endless.

I wish Haggis well, odds are against them and I hope they pull it off.

#2062 2 years ago

We all went in on a “good bet” Getting a fathom has always been a gamble. If you don’t agree you have not been paying attention.

Haggis teaming up with Planetary pinball was enough credibility for me to take that bet. I’m still confident it was a “good bet”.

Go Haggis! I want to see them succeed.

#2063 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

We all went in on a “good bet” Getting a fathom has always been a gamble. If you don’t agree you have not been paying attention.
Haggis teaming up with Planetary pinball was enough credibility for me to take that bet.

There is a guy turning out the worst crap on Ebay who is licensed by PPS.

As long as they get their fee, PPS does not care.

#2064 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After a few attempts to dodge that question he made it clear that he would not commit to a shipping date.

Sounds like they are working on what they can given what they have on-hand.. but don't have it all still to complete games. Just-in-time ordering ain't great for this covid-borked world.

#2065 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Haggis teaming up with Planetary pinball was enough credibility for me to take that bet. I’m still confident it was a “good bet”.

Update for you.. PPS is a slut who will work with just about anyone as long as they are willing to pay their prices and go through their hoops.

See 'Pinball Basement' PCBs... what a trainwreck that guy is. Doesn't even have the tools to make the right product and still sells it as complete finished product. That's what PPS stamp of approval gets you...

#2066 2 years ago

If anyone is tired of waiting and wants OUT, PM me. I'll buy your mermaid spot for what you paid.

#2067 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If anyone is tired of waiting and wants OUT, PM me. I'll buy your mermaid spot for what you paid.

Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker

download (14) (resized).jpegdownload (14) (resized).jpeg
#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail. I just have a different attitude to it than the guy complaining.

Well,

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.
Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

Wouldn't the profit from the final sales of Celts games keep them going? Quite a few Celts did ship, so one would think that would amount to quite a bit of income.

#2069 2 years ago

I have had decent communication with Damien, and found them to be at least as responsive as other manufacturers / dealers, and was given an approximate date for the first Mermaids recently. I still expect that to be optimistic, but very confident it is coming soon enough.

#2070 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Have you messaged jeffspinballpalace , it seems he's been wanting out for a while now.

#2071 2 years ago

Has anyone seen if the playfield registration issues have been fixed? I haven't been keeping up with the Haggis social media.

#2072 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Have you messaged jeffspinballpalace , it seems he's been wanting out for a while now.

He got me covered. Must need more. While we are loitering here, I’ll bring up the fact the $1,500 AUD deposit paid was close to $1,000 USD. So while you can bemoan not seeing your game being built yet, realize you have $1k USD at stake. Hopefully everybody requests a pic of their game in a box BEFORE sending balance of funds. That ensures production is synchronized with payment.

#2073 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I bought his already thanks

This game is gonna absolutely POP when it comes out. People are going to be falling all over themselves trying to find one.
Why wouldn't I want a few NIB fathom mermaids sitting in storage appreciating?
I get it that people don't want to wait and could use the $1000 on another game that's actually in stock now. I'm here to help.

They'll likely do centaur next.

#2074 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

This game is gonna absolutely POP when it comes out. People are going to be falling all over themselves trying to find one.
I get it that people don't want to wait and could use the $1000 on another game that's actually in stock now. I'm here to help.

You got me thinking. What is your take on the events below and when will the first game ship?

Spring 2021 game is announced with production slated for Summer 2021. Send your downpayment NOW|||
Summer 2021 games are reforecasted to build and SHIP by year end. No refunds for requests.
Fall of 2021 games are reforecasted to START Jan 2022. No refunds for requests.
Winter 2022 will manufacturing start by April 1, 2022 ??? Will a new delivery timeframe be given?

#2075 2 years ago

Since you’re so nervous and outraged why don’t you sell your deposit to d0n ?

#2076 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Since you’re so nervous and outraged why don’t you sell your deposit to d0n ?

Thinking i may be in the market for a second one too. Happy to put my money where my beliefs are.

#2077 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I certainly hope they do, it's a great game. Certainly a step up from Fathom in terms of the mechanical engineering to build Centaur, so much going on under that playfield. IF they pull off Fathom successfully, Centaur or Medusa as the next game would be great. For the moment I'd like to see a substantial update on the progress of Fathom. One that shows just how far into development they are. From completed cabinets, printed backglasses, playfields being assembled & wired, drop target assemblies installed and functioning. That's how you build confidence as a manufacturer when you don't have a completed game to show off.

#2078 2 years ago

OK, I have a question that I'm not sure has been asked/answered. Have they said what the flippers are going to be like on their version of the game? The linear flippers on 80s Ballys sucked, but Vid had a process up upgrading to WPC style flippers. Can we assume the remakes will use a better flipper setup than the originals?

#2079 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, I have a question that I'm not sure has been asked/answered. Have they said what the flippers are going to be like on their version of the game? The linear flippers on 80s Ballys sucked, but Vid had a process up upgrading to WPC style flippers. Can we assume the remakes will use a better flipper setup than the originals?

Good question. I assume it would be the same style used in Celts.

#2080 2 years ago

Mates , this is becoming the best thread ever. Nowhere near the epicness of Homepin. But.
Almost as divisive than the current coof.
You catch more bees with honey than you do shit so try being nice and stuff will happen.
Realise this is a first world problem and if you whine about AUD$1500 and some photos maybe you shouldn't have ordered.
This is how boutique production works, let alone a new company finding its legs in one of the most crazy times in human history.
Celts, while not perfect, is a fantastic first game and Im sure Haggis learnt a lot and trying to remedy in their future games.
If this is the case, I will gladly wait a while longer! But not too long
Go and play some pinball

#2081 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Mates , this is becoming the best thread ever. Nowhere near the epicness of Homepin. But.
Almost as divisive than the current coof.
You catch more bees with honey than you do shit so try being nice and stuff will happen.
Realise this is a first world problem and if you whine about AUD$1500 and some photos maybe you shouldn't have ordered.
This is how boutique production works, let alone a new company finding its legs in one of the most crazy times in human history.
Celts, while not perfect, is a fantastic first game and Im sure Haggis learnt a lot and trying to remedy in their future games.
If this is the case, I will gladly wait a while longer! But not too long
Go and play some pinball

So are the Haggis leg bolts standard or metric ?!

#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You got me thinking. What is your take on the events below and when will the first game ship?
Spring 2021 game is announced with production slated for Summer 2021. Send your downpayment NOW|||
Summer 2021 games are reforecasted to build and SHIP by year end. No refunds for requests.
Winter 2022 will manufacturing start by April 1, 2022 ??? Will a new delivery timeframe be given?

I'm too trusting & usually the least patient person you'll meet but. It's not too hard to throw $1000 out and forget about it for a while.

#2083 2 years ago

Irrespective of whether things are going well at Haggis, I’d be confused too if I tracked everything in the world using American seasons. The imperial leg bolt army shall be here soon to inform you that we have a well established standard of seasons where this game is being manufactured for you to use instead!

#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm too trusting! Usually the least patient person you'll meet but. It's not too hard to throw $1000 out and forget about it for a while.

But game wasn’t “sold” as a boutique company that had to be built up from scratch and then things would be figured out and eventually you’d get it. No it was deceivingly presented as being imminent and no issues were raised that might prevent HaggIs from beginning to crank games out in three months time. Send Money. Then NOTHING but broken promises and missed deadlines. I can assure you that is not what I signed up for. But if it had been explained and money had not been taken. We wouldn’t have this issue imo.

#2085 2 years ago

If you're patient then it will come

#2086 2 years ago

If there is anyone wanting to drop their Mermaid order I am interested in taking it over.

#2087 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm too trusting! Usually the least patient person you'll meet but. It's not too hard to throw $1000 out and forget about it for a while.

I love how these guys are having hissy fits over $1000USD non refundable deposits yet everyone is selling games for much bigger profits on a daily basis. Pinballer31520 is sitting on a collection of 133 games worth over $1 million that has probably appreciated 30-40% in value in the past 3-4 years and he’s having a meltdown about his $1k deposit? People need to put things into perspective.

#2088 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:But game wasn’t “sold” as a boutique company that had to be built up from scratch and then things would be figured out and eventually you’d get it. No it was deceivingly presented as being imminent and no issues were raised that might prevent HaggIs from beginning to crank games out in three months time. Send Money. Then NOTHING but broken promises and missed deadlines. I can assure you that is not what I signed up for. But if it had been explained and money had not been taken. We wouldn’t have this issue imo.

I don't know what you are even doing here insulting businesses and the people who run them.

You've got no dog in this race mate, so don't worry about it.

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

If you're patient then it will come

Hows that working out for Deeproot depositors?

#2090 2 years ago

I just bought a 3rd mermaid preorder within the hour. Thanks Mr. P.

I'm about to buy 1 more (sale in the works now) and then I'm done.

4 is enough.

#2091 2 years ago

How many season ticket holder mermaids will be built first? Does anyone have any idea of the number?

#2092 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many season ticket holder mermaids will be built first? Does anyone have any idea of the number?

There can't be too many season ticket holders. I'm guessing maybe 10?

#2093 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

There can't be too many season ticket holders. I'm guessing maybe 10?

Good! Hope to see a update. It is probably a good time for Haggis to do a small update for the people. Maybe next week would work for me.

#2094 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

4 is enough.

Hope you make a modest motsa. You'll make many families happy i bet.

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Hows that working out for Deeproot depositors?

Well, Deeproot never actually built or delivered anything, so not too well.

#2096 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

4 is enough.

Love it. d0n bullish on Haggis. They’ll be butting you on the board.

#2097 2 years ago

But game wasn’t “sold” as a boutique company that had to be built up from scratch and then things would be figured out and eventually you’d get it. No it was deceivingly presented as being imminent and no issues were raised that might prevent HaggIs from beginning to crank games out in three months time. Send Money. Then NOTHING but broken promises and missed deadlines. I can assure you that is not what I signed up for. But if it had been explained and money had not been taken. We wouldn’t have this issue imo.

Scratching my head on how you could not of considered this a a boutique company, or not know it was a company that was indeed just building up. There is a stream of videos out there from just before covid turned everything inside out, where Damien was sitting in a small room opening boxes of things to prototype pinball builds, and continuing on with development. Forward a bit to when they tried to start real manufacturing then boom the entire area that Haggis plant is located in was in severe covid lockdown for several months, not just you have to wear a mask type of lockdown, but real enforced stuff. I think it was even just recent that restrictions have been lifted. That is not something anyone was predicting or fully prepared for. There are also very significant disruptions in all other areas of the manufacturing pipeline here, and even beyond that. Stern who is extremely matured in this space has a backlog of a year or more due largely to the same stressors.. We all lived through this, should know this...

In any case, it is fairly impressive that they have survived that, and clear by the build / packaging / quality / etc of their first game, they are on a path to get to where you may of thought they were a couple years ago. And as there are more than a handful of Celts out there now, you claim 'NOTHING', odd.. And those few dozen Celts that are in peoples hands were made in the last couple of months, and I think likely with a fraction of the manufacturing/assembly staff they had planned to have last summer.

In any case this is all moot, mermaids are being made now, pictures of them will start to show up soon enough. I'll enjoy mine if it arrives in 4 weeks or 14 weeks..

#2098 2 years ago

Flogging a dead horse mate.
He's made 13 posts in this thread in a row putting shit on Haggis.

As i said, he doesn't even have an interest in the game anymore and is still running the people down.

It's not about pinball for this guy. Now i realize why he has stalkers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tq=&tu=JEFFSPINBALLPALACE

#2099 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I love how these guys are having hissy fits over $1000USD non refundable deposits yet everyone is selling games for much bigger profits on a daily basis. Pinballer31520 is sitting on a collection of 133 games worth over $1 million that has probably appreciated 30-40% in value in the past 3-4 years and he’s having a meltdown about his $1k deposit? People need to put things into perspective.

Lol wtf is this logic?

#2100 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Flogging a dead horse mate.
He's made 13 posts in this thread in a row putting shit on Haggis.
As i said, he doesn't even have an interest in the game anymore and is still running the people down.
It's not about pinball for this guy. Now i realize why he has stalkers.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tq=&tu=JEFFSPINBALLPALACE

Good points

So..

This mention of Centaur as #3 !!!!

Or can they replicate zipper flippers for a Medusa..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/42?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.