image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 157.
#1951 2 years ago

I just got the Email also. Building starts NOW!

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I just got the Email also. Building starts NOW!

Nice. That's good to hear. Can't wait till we start seeing the games coming together.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Build starting soon maybe.

Yes, once payment is made. 4 weeks to build. Then ship to NV.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Yes, once payment is made. 4 weeks to build. Then ship to NV.

Or expedite through DHL. I will be interested to know the cost of that!

#1955 2 years ago

DHL will be door to door. Might not be a bad idea considering we still have to pay for shipping from Nevada to our door!

#1956 2 years ago

Would have to be astronomical. DHL from here has had some of the worst costs I've seen generally in terms of shipping Intl. I used to use Fedex freight at a cost of around $US650 back over 10 years ago to get games down here but I wouldn't even bother to get it quoted nowadays given my lowest cost of sea freight on a machines is around $US800 nowadays, so no ways is air freight by a courier company going be worth it...

#1957 2 years ago

I didn't get my xmas package or the email saying that builds are finally happening. Humph!

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Hopefully the machines will work because if what they send is a heaping pile of non working garbage remember no refunds .

You're not gonna let me be the only public place in Ga to play fathom mermaid are you?! :O

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Would have to be astronomical. DHL from here has had some of the worst costs I've seen generally in terms of shipping Intl. I used to use Fedex freight at a cost of around $US650 back over 10 years ago to get games down here but I wouldn't even bother to get it quoted nowadays given my lowest cost of sea freight on a machines is around $US800 nowadays, so no ways is air freight by a courier company going be worth it...

My concern about shipping door to door by DHL is getting hit with stat taxes. I purchased 2 Big Lebowskis and Cointaker had them shipped directly to my house. A year later I got a bill from the state of Illinois for a couple grand that I just paid.
I will not ship directly from door to door again.

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I didn't get my xmas package or the email saying that builds are finally happening. Humph!

Maybe they only sent emails to those who have the first builds?

I got the Christmas ornament but no email regarding final payment.

#1961 2 years ago

Be funny if they only ship the first container to people who have not called their integrity into question.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Be funny if they only ship the first container to people who have not called their integrity into question.

What?

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I’d guess they’ll ship to everyone who paid for it. You know, like every other business.

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I’d guess they’ll ship to everyone who paid for it. You know, like every other business.

33 machines per container.

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

33 machines per container.

First machines go to series purchasers. Those who committed to buy all 5 games with deposit

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

My concern about shipping door to door by DHL is getting hit with stat taxes. I purchased 2 Big Lebowskis and Cointaker had them shipped directly to my house. A year later I got a bill from the state of Illinois for a couple grand that I just paid.

Thanks for sharing that data. Would have to consider the possibility of that happening! Bummer. Im glad you posted that! But almost wish I did not read that!

#1967 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing that data. Would have to consider the possibility of that happening! Bummer. Im glad you posted that! But almost wish I did not read that!

Yeah it’s for real. The IRS is getting the info. From the shipping companies. I used DHL last time too.

#1968 2 years ago

There were hints that we may see a live stream of it soon on Melbourne Silverball. At least that was my takeaway, could be wrong.

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

There were hints that we may see a live stream of it soon on Melbourne Silverball. At least that was my takeaway, could be wrong.

Any updates would be great

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Any updates would be great

Hope they don't. I want to open that baby.

Please, please Damián. Don't release game play.

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Whilst detailed game play might not be shown, especially of the new code, based on past commentary from Haggis. Detailed game play showing the original code on their platform of a shiny new Haggis Fathom would be more than appreciated.

#1972 2 years ago

Havent received a mail yet, Donno if it normal. Great news anyway.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Whilst detailed game play might not be shown, especially of the new code, based on past commentary from Haggis. Detailed game play showing the original code on their platform of a shiny new Haggis Fathom would be more than appreciated.

I get ya. I'm antsin'.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don’t have to watch it if they do. Look away!

It’d be a good move to do a quick promo vid of the game being played (like Sterns promos)

It’d silence all the naysayers.

rd

#1975 2 years ago

I think they are silenced already.

But i get ya, like when GnR came out. Got heaps of people to buy them.

Hang on, we already bought them?

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m concerned that the new code is going to be quite underwhelming, not that there’s anything I can do about it now. I just really want to know what I’m getting. This can’t happen without them showing something. I don’t get a choice. If they show the game and you don’t want to know about it, just don’t watch. That’s your choice.

Unless they know the result will be underwhelming, I just don’t understand how it’s better to retain secrecy. Given how far they are behind their promises, they should be doing whatever they can to instill confidence in those who supported them with a leap of faith.

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think they are silenced already.

I wouldn't bet on that. There are a lot of people wanting to see footage of a Haggis Fathom.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I wouldn't bet on that. There are a lot of people wanting to see footage of a Haggis Fathom.

Agreed.

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

When you paid your IL state taxes for that year, how did you handle sales tax? Did you pay the default percentage or did you claim none or did you itemize? If you paid the percentage, did you then try to fight it and lose?

#1980 2 years ago

So what is the difference tween now and the day you ordered it sight unseen?

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

IF? I have a small windfall, the one in WA would be mine. Sooooooooooooo Beautiful.

Where is another one of these for sale ?

#1982 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Time, expectation, confidence and evidence.

#1983 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Unfortunately nothing...including the number of Fathoms built.

When they're 7+ months late and they can't/won't show a major feature of why many bought the game, it doesn't instill confidence. They either don't have much to show, or aren't as proud of what they have as I'd hope.

Between the new rules, new audio, visual assets on the LCD screens, etc. there is a lot they *could* show, and a lot of unknown in regard to how well it's handled. To me, proper customer service would say "Sorry we took your money and made promises we didn't keep, but we're late due to circumstances out of our control. Take a look at the cool things we're doing with your game while you wait."

I've been a part of more pre-orders than I'd care to admit, so I'm NOT impatient. But the secrecy is weak - no way around it.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Unfortunately nothing...including the number of Fathoms built.
When they're 7+ months late and they can't/won't show a major feature of why many bought the game, it doesn't instill confidence. They either don't have much to show, or aren't as proud of what they have as I'd hope.
Between the new rules, new audio, visual assets on the LCD screens, etc. there is a lot they *could* show, and a lot of unknown in regard to how well it's handled. To me, proper customer service would say "Sorry we took your money and made promises we didn't keep, but we're late due to circumstances out of our control. Take a look at the cool things we're doing with your game while you wait."
I've been a part of more pre-orders than I'd care to admit, so I'm NOT impatient. But the secrecy is weak - no way around it.

I’m not that worried about it - it’s going to be the most beautiful Fathom ever made. Fathom is a great game to begin with, so the “new” rules/sounds/displays are icing on the cake.

They made a fun game with Celts - no reason to believe the enhanced Fathom won’t be fun as well.

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’m not that worried about it - it’s going to be the most beautiful Fathom ever made. Fathom is a great game to begin with, so the “new” rules/sounds/displays are icing on the cake.
They made a fun game with Celts - no reason to believe the enhanced Fathom won’t be fun as well.

Couldn't agree more, I hope all that's exactly what we receive.

After such a long wait it would be nice to see a significant update where the actual Haggis game is shown, doesn't have to demonstrate new code and rules, just show significant progress in the form of a completed machine.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

When you paid your IL state taxes for that year, how did you handle sales tax? Did you pay the default percentage or did you claim none or did you itemize? If you paid the percentage, did you then try to fight it and lose?

I paid the percentage. I tried to argue over it on my own and eventually paid. I chose to not get my attorney involved. It wasn’t worth the hassle.

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That's a whole other concern you guys in the US have with your state vs federal tax systems. My old man used to get annoyed about that scenario when we lived there in the 80's, getting taxed on stuff both Federally and State based in many situs, especially wages. Here regardless of door to door Intl shipping, you're paying the customs duty and GST to the Federal Govt, the states don't have any part of it once it's cleared the Intl border.

#1988 2 years ago

I might be getting ready to give up my mermaid edition spot if anyone is interested.

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I might be getting ready to give up my mermaid edition spot if anyone is interested.

Aw man that stinks. Say it ain’t so.

#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Aw man that stinks. Say it ain’t so.

Don’t have the patience to keep waiting and lots of other more exciting stuff now coming.

#1991 2 years ago

Yeah, that's why I'm glad I'm in a state that doesn't do its own income tax, and that also doesn't worry about adding extra tax on things you've bought eleswhere.

#1992 2 years ago

I have wanted to sell my spot for a few months now. Damian does not have a wait list to pull from. If you have been considering and are now interested in buying a Mermaid edition Fathom at msrp, message me. Looking to get my $1.5k deposit back and balance due will be paid to Haggis when you get the email request.

#1993 2 years ago

got email today saying fathom is in production

CA73463F-FECB-4351-A1E0-2B4A7711CA18 (resized).pngCA73463F-FECB-4351-A1E0-2B4A7711CA18 (resized).png
#1994 2 years ago
zzFathom (resized).pngzzFathom (resized).png
#1995 2 years ago

is now a good time to open the betting pool on first game boxing photo?

I'm betting March 4

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm betting March 4

2023?

#1997 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I paid the percentage. I tried to argue over it on my own and eventually paid. I chose to not get my attorney involved. It wasn’t worth the hassle.

suspect there is some fine print somewhere that would invalidate the percentage if your purchases were over X or something, so even with a lawyer you likely lose. Only a matter of time before the loop holes on out of state purchases are fully closed.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

suspect there is some fine print somewhere that would invalidate the percentage if your purchases were over X or something, so even with a lawyer you likely lose. Only a matter of time before the loop holes on out of state purchases are fully closed.

Agreed.

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm betting March 4

Dude go away.

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm betting March 4

Don’t try to create some bogus friendly conversation now. Take your drama and attack some other people or companies on another thread.
It’s what you’re good at.
Sorry Haggis didn’t collapse so you could say I told you so and just ramble on and on and on……
Beware: this dude will repost anything you say in the past and repost all over Pinside. It’s really creepy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.