432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 156.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I believe its Proc.

It’s P3-ROC. Damian’s VLOG was a lot of fun as a home brewer.

#102 2 years ago

Guess we’ll be finding out tomorrow

#103 2 years ago

A few years ago someone did some investigation into the Jaws license and it was not good. The license was for "JAWS" theme and the character the shark and that's about it. No movie clips, no right to use actors likeness, etc.... so the license would be worse than Jurassic park. Good that it is not Jaws.

#104 2 years ago

Haggis? Jaws?

81qNOVmML1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81qNOVmML1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Guess we’ll be finding out tomorrow

I think in a couple of hours when this week in pinball posts

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I think in a couple of hours when this week in pinball posts

I think we all know it will be Marty monster

IMG_20210426_224247 (resized).jpgIMG_20210426_224247 (resized).jpg
#107 2 years ago

I'd be overjoyed if they got their hands on THE Loch Ness Monster game - the GamePlan prototype with Nessie window seven years before Creech did it.

Collectors would pay a small fortune for a limited run of that game.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'd be overjoyed if they got their hands on THE Loch Ness Monster game - the GamePlan prototype with Nessie window seven years before Creech did it.

I think the key is to make games people have played and are worth heaps.

Fathom.
Centaur would surely be part of the 5

No idea what the other 3 would be

#109 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210426-234117_Podcast Republic (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210426-234117_Podcast Republic (resized).jpg
#110 2 years ago

Hear all about FATHOM REVISTED from Haggis Pinball. Damian Hartin explains:

https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-304-fathom-revisited-by-haggis-pinball/

#111 2 years ago

Haggis Pinball Announces FATHOM REVISTED!

- Overview
- Who’s Who
- Price and Production
- Features
- Rules and Code
- 2.0 Rules
- Interview with Haggis Pinball

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png175722588_282770560131871_1575989027804476973_n (resized).png
#112 2 years ago

Wait wait ...... 9000 US dollar For that! better send me a real mermaid to play with the balls

#113 2 years ago

FATHOM REMAKE NEWS AND INTERVIEW!

The Pinball Show Episode 57: Get Off My Ocean!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nna64-101c54d

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#114 2 years ago

Bummer they went into all that new code development, and it will only be used on 250 machines. The classic edition buyers who will probably be spending $8K shipped to North America would probably want the sweet new code as well.

#115 2 years ago

Why would you keep the 2.0 code only to the Mermaid edition? Are there actual mechanical differences between the two?

#116 2 years ago

The game looks beautiful. Well done!

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Why would you keep the 2.0 code only to the Mermaid edition? Are there actual mechanical differences between the two?

Lcd screens on aprons is one difference

#118 2 years ago

LOL at spending 10k to be one of 250 people to get the new rules. Swing and a miss.

#119 2 years ago

Looks beautiful! Not sure about the price delta between the two machines. Mermaid seems like the way to go, it's more like a new machine with a retro mode. Personally, I think they should be feature-compatible and differ only in bling. Hope they revisit not providing the 2.0 rules on the standard.

Not providing software stinks more than secret UV upgrade kits!

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Not sure about the price delta between the two machines.

Bingo. Who is going to spend $8K for the basic version when $9500 not only gets you all the bling, but also a SECOND and expanded game?!?!?

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Hope they revisit not providing the 2.0 rules on the standard.

Agreed, because although Fathom is unquestionably beautiful, it's just not very... fun?

#122 2 years ago

If these are actually made, I'm sure they will sell every one.

Those that complain about the pricing, realize that SS games had tons of mechs and individually controlled things under the playfield. They looked simpler on the topside, but don't let that fool you. A ramp might look crazy and take up lots of the playfield, but it is a static item, sans a switch or two. It only appears to be a complicated or expensive addition because of the dynamic aspect of up/down motion it adds to a ball.

All that said, I'm not the targeted market or buyer for a game like this, but more pinball is usually good pinball!

#123 2 years ago

Beautiful game, would love to play one. Would like to have one...but the price is bit too high for insta-buy.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That game is boring as hell.

#125 2 years ago

this is a great idea. Pricing is going to test the market for sure. IMO, the 250 will sell out in about 5 seconds. Good job Haggis. Smart and I would be willing to bet on them even with that pricing. The new code is really the key driver. I'm not an EM guy but that game has always caught my attention.

#126 2 years ago

lame lame lame lame lame business tactic not to include the new code on all versions

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Those that complain about the pricing, realize that SS games had tons of mechs and individually controlled things under the playfield.

I hope they succeed. Love the idea of anybody remaking classic solid state games. $7400 for a NIB Fathom isn’t terrible if it plays like the OG. If this has software emulated flippers then meh.

I just wish it was only one model with the new code for 8k, and if they wanted an LE then add some clown puke RGB color and chrome trim. Or at least offer the new code with a chip / apron upgrade like the color roms CGC offer for $400.

#128 2 years ago

Shame there isn't a 3rd non-limited version with the new code but minus all the bling. A lot of pin competition at the moment, so with regret, I'm out.

Wish these guys all the best though!

#129 2 years ago

Wow this is amazing! And to think what could be next is exciting... Centaur? (I think Centaur would have sold better than fathom on initial release even).

But like many pinball companies, I will believe it when we actually see them shipping and arriving AND they are problem free. Here's hoping it all works!

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Wow this is amazing! And to think what could be next is exciting... Centaur? (I think Centaur would have sold better than fathom on initial release even).
But like many pinball companies, I will believe it when we actually see them shipping and arriving AND they are problem free. Here's hoping it all works!

Dr. John Cosson just posted his NIB Celts unboxing on YouTube. They have shipped and game looks great.

#131 2 years ago

I'm struggling with accepting the "Haggis" branding on the backglass, head and apron... I understand the need for it, but for whatever reason I'm getting hung up on it. I've always referred to the game as a "Bally Fathom"... that's on me obviously as it's not like there are other Fathom's out there (Until now)

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm struggling with accepting the "Haggis" branding on the backglass, head and apron... I understand the need for it, but for whatever reason I'm getting hung up on it. I've always referred to the game as a "Bally Fathom"... that's on me obviously as it's not like there are other Fathom's out there (Until now)

I just noticed that. Ugh.

“Dad, what’s haggis?”

“Intestines boiled in a sheep’s stomach. Want to play pinball?”

“No, I’m going to throw up now.”

#133 2 years ago

So how do I pre order?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I'm struggling with accepting the "Haggis" branding on the backglass, head and apron

I think these guys name their companies while under the influence, because, let's face it, no rational sober mind would start a pinball company. "Haggis" is funny when you're passing the bong; less so when you see it lit up on a Fathom backglass.

#135 2 years ago

LMAO....

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.57.43 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.57.43 AM (resized).png
#136 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s P3-ROC.

As per the interview on Pinball Profile, their Fathom remake is using FAST, so looks like they've switched systems! Interesting.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I just noticed that. Ugh.
“Dad, what’s haggis?”
“Intestines boiled in a sheep’s stomach. Want to play pinball?”
“No, I’m going to throw up now.”

Yup - and that right there is why I would never buy a Haggis game. The name alone makes me want to puke. Was hoping they’d rebrand, but too late.

As for this Fathom remake....not sure who this is for or if there’s a market for it. The people who love 80s SS & have wished for a remake were probably doing so in the hope that it would be cheaper than a CGC remake...and that’s not the case. So - they’re probably out as buyers. 80s games don’t have any cache to the NIBnewbs, so why would they buy this when they could buy something modern with a theme they like?

If a modern 80s style game like TNA can be made from scratch & sell for $6000...not sure why something they didn’t have to design is selling for so much more. Guess they’re just testing the FOMO LE NIB market to see if they’ll bite on anything. This will be interesting.

#138 2 years ago

All this Haggis talk is making me hungry.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup - and that right there is why I would never buy a Haggis game. The name alone makes me want to puke. Was hoping they’d rebrand, but too late.
As for this Fathom remake....not sure who this is for or if there’s a market for it. The people who love 80s SS & have wished for a remake were probably doing so in the hope that it would be cheaper than a CGC remake...and that’s not the case. So - they’re probably out as buyers. 80s games don’t have any cache to the NIBnewbs, so why would they buy this when they could buy something modern with a theme they like?
If a modern 80s style game like TNA can be made from scratch & sell for $6000...not sure why something they didn’t have to design is selling for so much more. Guess they’re just testing the FOMO LE NIB market to see if they’ll bite on anything. This will be interesting.

Yes, if they could produce an EBD or Centaur for the price of a Stern Pro, they would be very successful.

But at this price point (plus whatever shipping from Australia will add), I just don't see more than a handful of buyers. Of course, they may only have the capability to produce a handful of machines, so maybe that's the plan anyway.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TNA can be made from scratch & sell for $6000...not sure why something they didn’t have to design is selling for so much more.

I think it was Stern who once mentioned drop banks don’t come cheap!

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So how do I pre order?

Yeah, that's a good question. I, too, wish know this!

#142 2 years ago

I was excited until I saw the price + 2.0 not in the standard. How much would it cost to build one? If the rare parts are available eventually from Planetary.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from SR230CC:

I was excited until I saw the price + 2.0 not in the standard. How much would it cost to build one? If the rare parts are available eventually from Planetary.

It would cost a lot

The game is expensive, but it is certainly full of expensive stuff.

#144 2 years ago

If the machine were called "haggis" and that was the art package that's one thing, but it's just a peculiar company name.

There are plenty of games by several companies with "hey look the company is named after me" names, with full fledged art packages that are more questionable than the word "haggis".

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

As per the interview on Pinball Profile, their Fathom remake is using FAST, so looks like they've switched systems! Interesting.

I noticed that as well. FAST can be a bit cheaper for a homebrew product, but Idk what bulk rates are like for FAST and Multimorphic.

I believe this will be the first production FAST game?

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

If the machine were called "haggis" and that was the art package that's one thing, but it's just a peculiar company name.
There are plenty of games by several companies with "hey look the company is named after me" names, with full fledged art packages that are more questionable than the word "haggis".

492A5025-F679-4CF5-BBA0-3D0BD767E017 (resized).jpeg492A5025-F679-4CF5-BBA0-3D0BD767E017 (resized).jpeg6C088D0C-DE44-4BCD-B916-A3B5FB5B7262 (resized).jpeg6C088D0C-DE44-4BCD-B916-A3B5FB5B7262 (resized).jpeg9962EC2C-1647-458C-9D79-7767B45BADCD (resized).jpeg9962EC2C-1647-458C-9D79-7767B45BADCD (resized).jpegB58CD67A-581C-40FA-B333-377753341967 (resized).jpegB58CD67A-581C-40FA-B333-377753341967 (resized).jpeg
#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

drop banks don’t come cheap!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

it is certainly full of expensive stuff.

fathom under playfield (resized).jpgfathom under playfield (resized).jpg
#148 2 years ago

Yeah, that's what the original looks like. The one without the modern controller, RGB lighting, LCD screens, etc

Those inline drop target backs with trip coils are no doubt crazy expensive to build these days.

I'm curious if anyone has a good idea on how much a new Fathom cost in 1981. It's when Bally was really putting a ton into the game. I wouldn't be surprised if this is somewhat comparable when inflation is taken into account.

#149 2 years ago

Pretty neat and much easier to buy than finding a used Fathom. I hope this does well.

Edit: The standup target should be yellow like the diver's tanks, because "airtanks refilled"

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from jjga:

Pretty neat and much easier to buy than finding a used Fathom. I hope this does well.

Yeah. Not for me but I got a buddy not on pinside that is preordering one, so count one more coming to the states Haggis.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/3?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.