IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 156.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Did anyone who's paid to preorder a mermaid edition NOT get the christmas package in the mail?

I got the email quoted but did not get the xmas package.

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Same here.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I pre-ordered through GAP and I did not receive anything.

As above, contact Haggis.

#1904 2 years ago

Quoted from d0n:

Did anyone who's paid to preorder a mermaid edition NOT get the christmas package in the mail?

I preordered the mermaid and the series and did not get anything

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I got the xmas gift but not the email. LOL

#1906 2 years ago

Got them both. Hoping the new year brings us some pinball machines.

#1907 2 years ago

Will do. my Celts is only a couple weeks away, waiting for the pinball mover to finish his hols.

Best to you Billy!

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

As above, contact Haggis.

I’m good without. I understand the logistics of not receiving one and am not concerned.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I’m good without. I understand the logistics of not receiving one and am not concerned.

Yeah i get it, don't do xmas trees here, but the gesture is caring. Save em some dosh.

#1910 2 years ago

Maybe it’s for Clan Haggis members. Don’t think you get one for buying a pin as it is bought through distributors as well.
Dunno?

#1911 2 years ago

I'm not a clan member. It's for pinball machine customers. Some may have slipped through the net as Haggis didn't have their details, hence their offer to send.

Nice gesture and all, but don't be upset if you didn't get one, piece of plastic and some stickers.

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Some may have slipped through the net as Haggis didn't have their details, hence their offer to send.

Some may have got temporarily lost in the system too. The mail has been total SHIT the past few months, that's going to the US and coming to Oz as well. Seems to be really random also. I sent 2 parcels to the US on the same day, both to California and both near Los Angeles (within like 150 miles of each other) 1 parcel took 2 weeks to arrive and the other was nearly twice that time

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

...mine also didn't made it to Germany yet.
But i guess the reason is Covid and Xmas traffic.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

In 3-4 years when you go to sell your mermaid... buyers will ask if you have the 'rare unopened xmas pack from 2021" and you'll have to say NO. kinda like the goodie bag stapled to the stern games. It will add value and rarity.

#1915 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

In 3-4 years when you go to sell your mermaid... buyers will ask if you have the 'rare unopened xmas pack from 2021" and you'll have to say NO. kinda like the goodie bag stapled to the stern games. It will add value and rarity.

Honestly I’d rather rinse my mouth out with buckshot than sell my mermaid in 3-4 years to some wanker that asked about the 2021 Xmas ornament. Of course it’ll be worth 50k by then (current trajectory) so I could afford to take the “no 2021 piece of plastic” hit on it.

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

buyers will ask if you have the 'rare unopened xmas pack from 2021"

If someone asked that, then they don’t get a reply from me. You know they’re gonna be all sorts of trouble.

rd

#1917 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If someone asked that, then they don’t get a reply from me. You know they’re gonna be all sorts of trouble.
rd

you got one coming Dave?

#1918 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

you got one coming Dave?

I got an original one fully restored.

Haven’t got room for two, unfortunately.

rd

#1919 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got an original one fully restored.
Haven’t got room for two, unfortunately.
rd

Sold my beautiful Bally in preparation for the incoming a couple of months ago. No room for two here either.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Some may have got temporarily lost in the system too. The mail has been total SHIT the past few months, that's going to the US and coming to Oz as well. Seems to be really random also. I sent 2 parcels to the US on the same day, both to California and both near Los Angeles (within like 150 miles of each other) 1 parcel took 2 weeks to arrive and the other was nearly twice that time

I ordered some LEDs from Comet Pinball in December 2019, they never arrived here in NZ. Got an email from Greg in December 2020 to say they had been returned to him!! Tracking showed they had left Auckland International dispatch for delivery and then nothing. They must have had a lovely trip round the world, seeing the sights! On the plus side, the replacements Greg sent took a week via DHL to arrive. Crazy times for sure.

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sold my beautiful Bally in preparation for the incoming a couple of months ago. No room for two here either.

I would MAKE ROOM for 2 just to put them side by side and play them back to back. I think I will actually buy a Bally Fathom to put next to my mermaid for that reason. Is newer better? Let the players decide.

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I would MAKE ROOM for 2 just to put them side by side and play them back to back. I think I will actually buy a Bally Fathom to put next to my mermaid for that reason. Is newer better? Let the players decide.

I used the room for this.

sr2 (resized).jpgsr2 (resized).jpg

ZeroRegretsPunkin

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
ZeroRegretsPunkin

From the guy in Gippsland? How does it play?

#1924 2 years ago

Yes from Geoff Frazer the creator.

It's beautiful to play. I can't stop and I've been playing 10-20 games a day for weeks.

I've been tuning it at the same time as playing. Have an MRS coming from Sonic for the horseshoe loop where the rollover doesn't always register. Did the backglass in led's, had the lot in there but took 25 led's back out the other day to give the real sunset view. Have new bumper caps coming as it only has two originals (and they don't fit the caps). Using this art for the caps, spinner and standup targets once i line up a printer.

Also have titan clear rubbers coming, will be doing black flipper buttons etc. Still thinking about blacking out the rails and adding the purple black shine to parts, dunno about that yet, but one of my players for sunday comp is a powder coater.

surfgirl1 (resized).jpgsurfgirl1 (resized).jpg

It's the most beautiful pinball machine I've ever seen and I am so lucky to have it.

#6 of 7 and the only black one in the world.

It's basically a Bally 8 ball in the playfield and the rules. They don't have the greatest reputation, but my second favourite machine is a Hankin Orbit1 that has nearly identical playfield.

Single level games are my favourites, so looking forward to Celts and Mermaid joining the lineup.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes from Geoff Frazer the creator.
It's beautiful to play. I can't stop and I've been playing 10-20 games a day for weeks.
I've been tuning it at the same time as playing. Have an MRS coming from Sonic for the horseshoe loop where the rollover doesn't always register. Did the backglass in led's, had the lot in there but took 25 led's back out the other day to give the real sunset view. Have new bumper caps coming as it only has two originals (and they don't fit the caps). Using this art for the caps, spinner and standup targets once i line up a printer.
Also have titan clear rubbers coming, will be doing black flipper buttons etc. Still thinking about blacking out the rails and adding the purple black shine to parts, dunno about that yet, but one of my players for sunday comp is a powder coater.
[quoted image]
It's the most beautiful pinball machine I've ever seen and I am so lucky to have it.
#6 of 7 and the only black one in the world.
It's basically a Bally 8 ball in the playfield and the rules. They don't have the greatest reputation, but my second favourite machine is a Hankin Orbit1 that has nearly identical playfield.
Single level games are my favourites, so looking forward to Celts and Mermaid joining the lineup.

Had a chance to pick one of these up(there were three available at the time) but a TZ owned by a Bally exec in mint condition took preference.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

There have been many pinball machines I considered works of art that you could play.

Your game is the epitome of them.

LTG : )

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Had a chance to pick one of these up(there were three available at the time) but a TZ owned by a Bally exec in mint condition took preference.

Little birdie told me that the silver and purple Melbourne Storm coloured one may be coming up for sale. It's in Western Australia.

Quoted from LTG:

There have been many pinball machines I considered works of art that you could play.
Your game is the epitome of them.
LTG : )

Thanks mate, he has done an exceptional job. I don't know who did the art, but they captured the decade of surf culture perfectly. Wish Cap'n goodvibes was on it.
It will be cleaner again when i finish it with the little touches i'm planning, and will always be somewhere, for someone to love. Very tempted to send it for a full resto. The outside is really nice, but i'd love it to be shiney and new inside too.

Anyway, Haggis!

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Little birdie told me that the silver and purple Melbourne Storm coloured one may be coming up for sale. It's in Western Australia.

Thanks mate, he has done an exceptional job. I don't know who did the art, but they captured the decade of surf culture perfectly. Wish Cap'n goodvibes was on it.
It will be cleaner again when i finish it with the little touches i'm planning, and will always be somewhere, for someone to love. Very tempted to send it for a full resto. The outside is really nice, but i'd love it to be shiney and new inside too.
Anyway, Haggis!

WA you say ? Nobody allowed in or out!

#1929 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

WA you say ? Nobody allowed in or out!

Luckily you don't have to move a body. Just a pinball machine.

Freight still moves mate.

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
ZeroRegretsPunkin

Oh you bought that congrats it was around the cnr from me in Gippsland just couldnt pull the trigger into the newer titles now.
Looks insane.

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Luckily you don't have to move a body. Just a pinball machine.
Freight still moves mate.

Not that simple in our current climate.Been waiting for a new billiard table order from the west since August.Deliveries to Vic have slowed considerably.

#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Not that simple in our current climate.Been waiting for a new billiard table order from the west since August.Deliveries to Vic have slowed considerably.

You'd think i didn't ship goods all over the country and to other parts of the world eh? Life of an importer.

In any case, i'm not a pinball pusher.

Do or do not.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Oh you bought that congrats it was around the cnr from me in Gippsland just couldnt pull the trigger into the newer titles now.
Looks insane.

I get it. I have three main interests. Williams/Bally, single level sort of games (sorcerer is the last even though it has a ramp) like Fathom and Celts (see what i did there?) and the moderns.

Opposite to you though, the moderns are shrinking and the single level games are growing.

Of side interests, i'm up to 5 aussie machines (when my Celts and Mermaid get here ), and i have some quite rare games. these side goals attract me too.

Anyway. Fathom!

#1934 2 years ago

IF? I have a small windfall, the one in WA would be mine. Sooooooooooooo Beautiful.

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

IF? I have a small windfall, the one in WA would be mine. Sooooooooooooo Beautiful.

Lets hope that works out mate.

#1936 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Way better game and deal.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Way better game and deal.

Yes TZ is a special game and this one is extra good given the third magnet.

#1938 2 years ago

Refund request was denied by Haggis . No timeline for machines given .

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Charge back?

#1940 2 years ago

I'd imagine that you could find someone to take your spot over.

#1941 2 years ago

Especially if it's a Mermaid. Should not be a problem, might even get a premium.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

That's how I got on the mermaid list. I tried to buy a sellers spot on pinside classified but it sold before I could get it.

I asked haggis to let me know if anyone bailed because I would take their spot. They called me a few weeks later and I'm in. I am the most impatient guy but if I just forget about this game and try not to think about it... it'll arrive someday. I know it'll be worth the wait.

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Especially if it's a Mermaid. Should not be a problem, might even get a premium.

I bet there are some Celts owners that might be in the market for a Fathom. That maybe weren't before.

#1944 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I bet there are some Celts owners that might be in the market for a Fathom. That maybe weren't before.

Bet you're right. I was the opposite, had no interest in the Celts theme but had ordered a Mermaid and sold my Bally Fathom.

Then i played a mates Celts and realised what a high quality build it is and such a fun game too. Ordered one the next day.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Are they allowing that? I inquired about the season pass and if those reserved machines could be transferred. The reply was “no”
I enjoy many but not all of the Bally SS from that era. I wouldn’t want to get stuck purchasing a title I had no interest in.

#1946 2 years ago

Hopefully the machines will work because if what they send is a heaping pile of non working garbage remember no refunds .

#1947 2 years ago

I got my Christmas card from Haggis… post marked early Dec. Lost in the mail I guess. I hope my machine doesn’t get lost

#1948 2 years ago

Hopefully the machines will work because if what they send is a heaping pile of non working garbage remember no refunds .

I'll write it in six year old for you. The manners not to insult a bunch of friendly strangers who are starting a fantastic business you'll have to learn somewhere else.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/celts-club-haggis-game-1/page/3#post-6715206

#1949 2 years ago

Mermaids Editions coming soon. Just received the email to look out for final payment instructions.

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Mermaids Editions coming soon. Just received the email to look out for final payment instructions.

Build starting soon maybe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/39?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.