IMG-4144 (resized).jpg
2880EE9E-06DC-4521-B7E4-B6646979BA03 (resized).jpeg
FD455038-25E2-45A9-89E3-69FC529AE546 (resized).jpeg
D1B212AD-0E11-49DD-B84B-3608AAF3FA76 (resized).jpeg
E45174EA-5828-4580-A180-47AA32966862 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4434 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
5E4A56E0-8BA8-4ED5-8570-5DB059B06B0E (resized).jpeg

There are 2,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 41.
#1701 85 days ago

Celts 2.0 confirmed!

#1702 85 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Celts 2.0 confirmed!

Nope. That’s a Fathom playfield.

The square holes are the top inline drops.

The red circle in this picture is where the standard star rollover pops in.

rd

68724431-ED80-408E-BBF6-9BCD4B751194 (resized).jpeg

#1703 85 days ago

Lagoon Trap Multiball........

#1704 85 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Celts 2.0 confirmed!

I would be happy with that!
I knew you were taking the piss, but!

#1705 85 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nope. That’s a Fathom playfield.
The square holes are the top inline drops.
rd
[quoted image]

Apparently my joke wasn’t as obvious as I’d thought

#1706 79 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Quoted from Screwloose:

I wonder what playfield they could be possibly cutting?

Certainly has the Fathom layout but the original Fathom rollover the inserts are round with the the star rollover inside it. This appears they're cutting the star rollover into the pf itself. Interesting!

#1707 79 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Certainly has the Fathom layout but the original Fathom rollover the inserts are round with the the star rollover inside it. This appears they're cutting the star rollover into the pf itself. Interesting!

How are they going to light up the insert? I love the updates on instagram and nice to see progress on Fathom.

#1708 79 days ago

redesigned the rollover also. don't forget the cut out like a star is on the clear acrylic side . The wood has a hole , if that makes sense?

#1709 79 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

redesigned the rollover also. don't forget the cut out like a star is on the clear acrylic side . The wood has a hole , if that makes sense?

That makes complete sense! I forgot about them using the acrylic!

#1710 75 days ago

Is it just me or does anyone else watch Nitro Pinball's "In Stock" count for Fathom? They have *2* games remaining to sell at which point Fathom ME will be truly sold out.

I guess the next major milestone will be when we see video from Haggis of the first Fathom ME being built. Soon I hope!

#1711 75 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Is it just me or does anyone else watch Nitro Pinball's "In Stock" count for Fathom? They have *2* games remaining to sell at which point Fathom ME will be truly sold out.
I guess the next major milestone will be when we see video from Haggis of the first Fathom ME being built. Soon I hope!

They were cutting some playfields so hopefully they aren't too far off!

#1712 75 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I check in on that and Bitcoin. You're not alone.

#1713 75 days ago

You can still order a Celts and have it built now. I just did this week after playing a few games on a mates new machine.

Absolute cracker of a game and top notch quality.

#1714 75 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I see the error of my ways now... you nailed it, the picture posted isn't of the WOOD... it is of the ACRYLIC! So only the star portion being cut out is exactly what is expected! Ignore me I thought that picture was of the wood.

#1715 75 days ago

Its all good, because they have re invented the playfield process is does mess with your preconception.
I can honestly say it is beautiful to play on. Once you get use to the quietness. Ooooooh Shiny

1 week later
#1716 62 days ago

Has anyone heard any updates on Fathom progress ? (I don’t use Facebook).
Thanks

#1719 62 days ago
Quoted from RGR:Deleted post

And Sydney ain't aussies.

I'm waiting on news of my Celts before fathom.

Damien did tell me a few weeks ago that after Celts the Series Ticket holder machines would roll off first, then the Mermaids, then the regular Fathoms.

#1725 61 days ago

Who gives a shit, this is a pinball forum.

#1726 61 days ago

Get enough crap about this from my mental mates without getting it here. I agree.

I got modded for one offhand comment, but i guess it was because my comment reference the United States and not Australia

#1727 61 days ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Who gives a shit, this is a pinball forum.

Great point!

#1730 61 days ago

I’m regretting asking if anyone had any fathom updates.

#1731 61 days ago

9e58-183e-44ca-8de1-6e67074b7c84 (resized).jpg

#1732 61 days ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Word on the street (FWIW): Haggis is behind schedule on originally advertised Fathom production schedule. Best for any US customers not to expect receiving theirs by this Xmas.

#1733 60 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Word on the street (FWIW): Haggis is behind schedule on originally advertised Fathom production schedule. Best for any US customers not to expect receiving theirs by this Xmas.

Six weeks avg on the water after loading a full container from aus to US. It doesn't take a genius or any word on the street to tell it won't be before xmas mate.

#1734 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Six weeks avg on the water after loading a full container from aus to US. It doesn't take a genius or any word on the street to tell it won't be before xmas mate.

Nope - it sure doesn't.

#1735 60 days ago

I'm lucky in that i'll be getting a Celts before the Mermaid, but i apologize for holding your machine up for a few extra days

#1736 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm lucky in that i'll be getting a Celts before the Mermaid, but i apologize for holding your machine up for a few extra days

I look forward to hearing your insights on your Celts during the wait!

#1737 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

You selfish bastard.

#1738 60 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I look forward to hearing your insights on your Celts during the wait!

Already played my mates one and fell in love with it. That's how come i ordered one a couple weeks ago. Theme didn't do much for me when it was announced, but i'm more into theme integration than theme alone.

The machine is absolutely gorgeous and screams quality. The integration is really there and it sucks you into the whole highland thing.

The callouts are there to tell me where to shoot, and once you recognise the blinky lights, they are there too.

The quality in the feel of it and the customisation is probably better than my AP or Spooky machines, just beautiful.

celts2 (resized).jpg

#1739 60 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You selfish bastard.

what-if-i-told-you-your-a-selfish-bastard-that-doesnt-love-me (resized).jpg

#1740 60 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

theme didn't do much for me

You're wearing a freakin' kilt in your avatar punkin

#1741 60 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You're wearing a freakin' kilt in your avatar punkin

LOL... That's Gogo Yubari from "Kill Bill Vol. 1."

#1742 60 days ago

punkin exposed:

Gogo Yubari (resized).png

#1743 60 days ago

Short skirts/white socks

Peaches/cream

Pork chops/apple sauce.

WhatCanISayPunkin

#1744 60 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

LOL... That's Gogo Yubari from "Kill Bill Vol. 1."

But I've heard he has girl knees and carries around meteor hammer at all times so you can see the confusion

#1745 60 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

But I've heard he has girl knees and carries around meteor hammer at all times so you can see the confusion

She used to call them chicken legs.

MineNotGogo'sPunkin

#1746 57 days ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

I'm totally intrigued and following the Australian build Fathom remake progress. 17 unread posts since last visit and not a sliver of anything.

There was talk of kilts though , so there's that. Check back with you hagis in a couple weeks or in the new year.

#1747 57 days ago

Can throw you guys a bone. I ordered my Celts a month or so ago and Damian said the other day that he hopes to get it on Bills truck Just short of xmas day on his last run for the year to be delivered. I don't know how many orders he's taken after me, but i'd be expecting them to start on the Mermaids pretty soon in the new year.

#1748 57 days ago

Not confidence inspiring that they don’t have a prototype to show off. Tells me they aren’t even out of R&D stage with this thing

#1749 57 days ago

God you say some crazy stuff.

#1750 57 days ago

They have shown a prototype, so that talk just isn't accurate.

That said, we're almost 6 months past when they were supposed to start building Fathom, and there has not been a single hint of what the new rules are. To me, there's no excuse for that. Face it, the main (only) reason to buy Mermaid was the new rules. Supply chain doesn't impact their ability to code. Not showing us anything about what we bought this far into things is not cool at all.

There are 2,039 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 41.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside