image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 157.
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Looks incredible! How does it shoot on the acrylic?

It seems great so far I can't seem to notice too much difference but I haven't given it a great workout yet. I have just played a few games in the garage. I have to do a little re-arranging & shift a machine to get this one in the house. Right on my limit at the moment space wise.

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From what I can see the artwork looks really nice and vibrant. I love the lock bar branding and powder coat color they chose. Are those LEDs along the side wall of the cabinet?

The quality of the artwork is excellent and they are LEDs along the side.

He offers 6 different trim colours for this machine. This colour is "Stonemason"

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Congratulations on your game!!!

All in all it looks nice and the best part about it is that it's a finished product in the hand of a buyer! A lot of companies never get this far and they did it despite obvious challenges in the world these days. I am really looking forward to seeing what Fathom looks and plays like!

If this machine is anything to go on Fathom will be fabulous!

#1604 2 years ago

Interested to know your feelings on the way the playfield plays and which playfield material you all went with?

1 week later
#1605 2 years ago

Are the LCDs required for the 2.0 license or is that going to be some DLC that can be added to the classic (through emulation?)? #sbc
400 Billion stars in our galaxy alone…
And submarines call for FAR Part 30 & 31/DFAR Subpart 225.73 & Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. Chapter 39).

#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Are the LCDs required for the 2.0 license or is that going to be some DLC that can be added to the classic (through emulation?)? #sbc
400 Billion stars in our galaxy alone…
And submarines call for FAR Part 30 & 31/DFAR Subpart 225.73 & Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. Chapter 39).

?

#1607 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’d love to see another update video from Damian. How many Celts are left? How many games per day are being made? When does he anticipate Fathom builds to start? Did he resolve his delivery door issues?

Also curious whats going on. That Celts games look incredible! Can definitely see the craftsmanship in that build. Super excited to see a real Fathom example in the future.

#1608 2 years ago

One thing is for sure, they can build CRAZY nice pinball machines down in Australia!!!!

#1609 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

One thing is for sure, they can build CRAZY nice pinball machines down in Australia!!!!

And rebuild the old ones into "crazy nice machines"

Glad they shipped all those container loads of pins over here from Europe & other places years ago when they did. Else prices here would be totally out of control. The demand for machines here is incredible at the moment.

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

And rebuild the old ones into "crazy nice machines"
Glad they shipped all those container loads of pins over here from Europe & other places years ago when they did. Else prices here would be totally out of control. The demand for machines here is incredible at the moment.

Yeah it's OTT here IMHO at the moment in the market. Seriously can't see it being sustained in our tiny market when all the randoms coming in wanting a pinball to break their lockdown boredom start wanting to travel again and spend what's left of their spare cash (especially all those affected by lockdown business crisis'). Then there's the factor I love to bring up on the local FB groups to a lot of these people, hey what are you going to do when something goes wrong with the restored 90's title you paid a mint for. I was astounded when I came across a bloke who had bought a few machines and lived way out in the country and now needs repairs done. I suggested he's up for a quite a hard time if he never learns to maintain his pins himself living so far from anywhere, let alone the expense of having someone else do it. Quite astoundingly he expressed that he wasn't phased by the option of hauling his pins around 550km(340mi) round trip and paying whatever the pinball store in Canberra recommended by FB randoms (who's not got the best rep around really) wants to charge him .

#1611 2 years ago

I want to jump into this thread to thank Damian and Haggis Pinball for a donation of two Clan Haggis membership packages to Project Pinball for our silent charity auction at Pinball Expo this year. It is very much appreciated coming from our friends down under. Thanks again!

PXL_20210928_020849388 (resized).jpgPXL_20210928_020849388 (resized).jpg
#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah it's OTT here IMHO at the moment in the market. Seriously can't see it being sustained in our tiny market when all the randoms coming in wanting a pinball to break their lockdown boredom start wanting to travel again and spend what's left of their spare cash (especially all those affected by lockdown business crisis'). .

Definitely some "new players" will come & go. But I guarantee some of these people who are currently buying their 1st machines etc are going to get the bug. Just like you & I & most of the people on this forum did. To what level that will be is how much space they have, how much cash & how much enthusiasm.

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I want to jump into this thread to thank Damian and Haggis Pinball for a donation of two Clan Haggis membership packages to Project Pinball for our silent charity auction at Pinball Expo this year. It is very much appreciated coming from our friends down under. Thanks again!
[quoted image]

He's a good man that Damain.

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:Definitely some "new players" will come & go. But I guarantee some of these people who are currently buying their 1st machines etc are going to get the bug. Just like you & I & most of the people on this forum did. To what level that will be is how much space they have, how much cash & how much enthusiasm.

Yeah I admit there probably will be some who keep going with it who where introduced to it thanks to covid lockdowns, the way I found my way into in the late 90's just wanting to build a games room. I think on the other hand though there will certainly be a lot of I can see a lot of scenarios where say the better halve's of many of these new to pinball owners saying I want to go on holiday, we need to buy this, etc, so you better sell that pinball machine(s)/toy you paid (say) $12-18k for last year. Then there's the ones who end up getting back to their normal patterns of going out and find their pinball(s) starting to gather dust, which then only further erodes the WAF to the point where they're getting told they don't even play them much any more .

#1615 2 years ago

Well we will just have to see what happens with prices when things are somewhat normal again.

#1616 2 years ago

Hoping and waiting for Centaur!!

#1617 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hoping and waiting for Centaur!!

Me too!

#1618 2 years ago

I sold my Bally Centaur and kept my Fathom. Just saying.

#1619 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Saying what? What do you like better about Fathom, the art work? It's a beauty for sure, but Centaur sounds awesome and the art work is beautiful ugly!
I don't know what it is? Steampunk maybe?

#1620 2 years ago

Both very similar in play style (along with Flash that i also sold) so i felt i only wanted to keep one.
Both fantastic art, both with their dark sides.
Play was slightly better on Fathom IMO and i like the art at least as much if not more, so that's how it got the nod to stay. Has since left as it was the right time to sell (assuming Mermaid comes off).

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No you didn't. You said you have sold your fathom too.

#1622 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten an update on Fathom? It’s been at least a month since last update. I know that some Celts are being built/ shipped.

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

No you didn't. You said you have sold your fathom too.

Yes indeed i did. I have SINCE sold my Bally fathom, but the story is true. I sold Centaur last year and only sold Fathom a couple of weeks ago because i have a Mermaid coming. If not for the Mermaid i would not have sold Fathom at all.

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Has anyone gotten an update on Fathom? It’s been at least a month since last update. I know that some Celts are being built/ shipped.

I had an email exchange for my Celts order this week. Which mine is now estimated within 4 weeks. I am likely near the end of Celts production. Fathoms follow Celts. But the date could slip more, as there are significant lock down in the area that Haggis is located that is affecting their production. *Edit* adding optimism -- if the lock down situation improves I guess production could move up too

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I had an email exchange for my Celts order this week. Which mine is now estimated within 4 weeks. I am likely near the end of Celts production. Fathoms follow Celts. But the date could slip more, as there are significant lock down in the area that Haggis is located that is affecting their production. *Edit* adding optimism -- if the lock down situation improves I guess production could move up too

Do you happen to know your production number?

#1626 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

First stage of restrictions lifting in Victoria (where Haggis is situated) hits if we reach a 70% vaccination rate (for every one over 16). Further restrictions lift once we hit 80%, which is early November. Not sure if that helps, but these dates are subject to change if we don't hit these milestones.

#1627 2 years ago

Bloody Daniel Andrews. That percentage will probably never be met.

#1628 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bloody Daniel Andrews. That percentage will probably never be met

I'd be happy to fund sending Dan into space...ummmm permanently of course

#1629 2 years ago

That percentage will probably never be met.

They'll meet it, they are already over 80% single dose.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Do you happen to know your production number?

Unfortunately I do not know this. But I did get my invoice yesterday.. Just have to decide later on if a container on a ship, or avoid the shipping delays via air for $$$ ...

#1631 2 years ago

Just spotted this update so sharing.

#1632 2 years ago

That is encouraging. Patience is the word. Thanks Damian.

#1633 2 years ago

Great honest update on what's going on. Looks like we will be waiting a little longer for our Fathoms. I have my Celts (#16) & I am extremely happy with the build. If I have to wait a bit longer for Fathom & it's built as good as Celts... Which I believe it will be, I will be extremely happy.

#1634 2 years ago

Nice photo of a bunch of Celts pf’s. Plenty of action for a relatively simple single level game.

3DFE62C9-2253-4BC8-9C68-AC08B0F05496 (resized).jpeg3DFE62C9-2253-4BC8-9C68-AC08B0F05496 (resized).jpeg
#1635 2 years ago

Current Celts owners, is everything in metric?

#1636 2 years ago

Yes, I believe it is in our manufacturing laws.

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Great honest update on what's going on. Looks like we will be waiting a little longer for our Fathoms. I have my Celts (#16) & I am extremely happy with the build. If I have to wait a bit longer for Fathom & it's built as good as Celts... Which I believe it will be, I will be extremely happy.

With all the things Haggis has had to endure that are completely outside their control, it's amazing they've gotten as far as they have and maintained their enthusiasm throughout. I expect them to move forward as the restrictions are eased and can't wait to play one of the new Fathoms. Pinside can be a rough place to say the least and I'm glad to see people be understanding. To me they deserve a full pass on any delays and nothing but words of encouragement.

#1638 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Pinside can be a rough place to say the least and I'm glad to see people be understanding. To me they deserve a full pass on any delays and nothing but words of encouragement.

communication is key !

#1639 2 years ago

Yes, I believe it is in our manufacturing laws.

maybe in the standards but i cant see it being a law. interesting if it is.? do you have a source or just heresay? i want to dig down and have a look.

#1640 2 years ago

That new star rollover at the end of the video is super cool.

#1641 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

maybe in the standards but i cant see it being a law. interesting if it is.? do you have a source or just heresay? i want to dig down and have a look.

Its to get appropriate approvals .
It was just something we knew while I was in manufacturing

#1642 2 years ago

Its to get appropriate approvals .
It was just something we knew while I was in manufacturing

ahh yes as i thought thats a standard not a law. righto

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you're being a tad too technical Dougy me ol m8

#1644 2 years ago

you're being a tad too technical Dodgy me ol m8

Tiz his thing. You knew that before you responded.

#1645 2 years ago

you're being a tad too technical Dougy me ol m8

i wanted to know the answer, you confirmed the answer. thankyou.

#1646 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

you're being a tad too technical Dodgy me ol m8

Quoted from wiredoug:

i wanted to know the answer, you confirmed the answer. thankyou.

I don’t actually know. Maybe it is , maybe it isn’t.
Can someone let Wiredoug know for sure
I’m passing

#1647 2 years ago

1. National Measurement Act 1960 (Cth) section 4:

Objects and application of Act

(1) The objects of this Act are:

(a) to establish a national system of units and standards of measurement of physical quantities; and

(b) to provide for the uniform use of those uniform units and standards of measurement throughout Australia; and

(c) to coordinate the operation of the national system of measurement; and

(d) to bring about the use of the metric system of measurement in Australia as the sole system of measurement; and

(e) to provide for a national system of trade measurement;

2. National Trade Measurement Regulations (Cth) 2009 section 4.11:

(1) The required measurement marking must be:

(e) in a form in which units of measurement under the metric system are ordinarily written in the English language.

#1648 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Am I the only one that felt slightly less enthusiastic about where things are production wise with Fathom? I understand the need to get Celts out, I understand the shipping and parts and lockdown constraints… I was not aware that they had to reverse engineer components or custom build things like rollover switches for Fathom. It sounds like they are admittedly trying to figure everything out as they go.
I don’t think that once the last Celts leaves, the Fathoms will start flowing through the building as I had anticipated.
This last update made it sound a year away, not a couple months.
I have faith that they can do it but I now believe preorders were way premature.

#1649 2 years ago

It’s a long hard road imo. Meanwhile cpr just released fathom pfs.

#1650 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Am I the only one that felt slightly less enthusiastic about where things are production wise with Fathom? I understand the need to get Celts out, I understand the shipping and parts and lockdown constraints… I was not aware that they had to reverse engineer components or custom build things like rollover switches for Fathom. It sounds like they are admittedly trying to figure everything out as they go.
I don’t think that once the last Celts leaves, the Fathoms will start flowing through the building as I had anticipated.
This last update made it sound a year away, not a couple months.
I have faith that they can do it but I now believe preorders were way premature.

I'd love to hear how many pins they are currently making per week and when they anticipate Fathom production to begin (for real).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.