image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 156.
#1551 2 years ago

We can all see there has been plenty of cash spent on the factory. Yours & mine. I doubt that the entire sum of all the deposits he has taken would cover what he has spent? I have been there & I am happy with what I see. Exactly what you see in the video.

I have now paid in full for my Celts & a deposit on Fathom. I know my Celts will be home soon & I will be one step closer to getting my Fathom. I don't believe there is anything to worry about but I do believe there will be some delays. Its inevitable in todays world really.

#1552 2 years ago

Great update and things look to be coming together at the factory. Pretty impressive considering the lockdowns and supply issues. Love his attitude also..

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Maybe Team Haggis have better things to do than feed the requests on this forum.

Better than communication with their customers?

#1554 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Your granddad would have told you when he was fighting in the trenches..... "put your faith in an Aussie

Your comment is not lost on me and it's one of the reasons I have always had a fondness for Australia.

On July 1, 2018 we celebrated your country and our 100 year alliance. And it was much more than just grandads as you will read.

"US, Australian Service Members Mark 100 Years of 'Mateship' "

FORT MYER, Va. -- Being a "mate" in Australia has a whole different connotation than in the United States.

Australians trust a mate implicitly. A mate is a person who shares the last drink of water or the last bit of food or the last beer in the six-pack.

A mate is always ready to help.

A mate shares values, and that is why the United States and Australia celebrated 100 Years of "Mateship" yesterday morning with services at the National Cathedral, followed by a special Twilight Tattoo here last night.

For the U.S. and Australian militaries, the idea of mateship reaches to a higher level. On July 4, 1918, U.S. and Australian soldiers went into combat together assaulting the German line on the Western Front. The Australian soldiers were battle-hardened. The Americans were green. For the first time in history, and one of the few instances in World War I, American troops fought under the direct command of another country. Australian and American soldiers -- from the Illinois Army National Guard's 33rd Infantry Division -- literally fought shoulder to shoulder at the Battle of Hamel. Platoons of Americans were attached to Australian companies.

At the end of the textbook combined arms effort, there were 1,062 Australian casualties and 176 American.

STRONG BONDS THROUGH VARIOUS CONFLICTS

Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that while mateship began at Le Hamel, it grew with each conflict. "That mateship -- that partnership -- continued through World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Somalia, and -- most recently -- in Afghanistan and Iraq," he said at a reception before the Twilight Tattoo. "I know that all of us assembled … are proud of what our nations represent and the strategic significance of our relationship."

Dunford cited incidents from World War II, Vietnam and Afghanistan in which Australian soldiers worked with U.S. forces to uphold their mutual values. "That is what mateship means to me -- it is my pride in being associated with the Australian armed forces," he said. "I can speak on behalf of all Americans here in saying we are deeply proud of our bond and look forward to the next 100 years of mateship."

Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick M. Shanahan spoke of the bond between the two nations at the memorial service earlier in the day. He said the United States and Australia built an edifice as impressive as the National Cathedral in their fight against tyranny in World War I and beyond. That edifice, he said, was in Northern France.

"Its walls were not made of stone or wood, but of flesh And blood," he said. "Its mortar was the mud of the trenches. Its foundation [was the] courage in young kids from Queens and Queensland, from Adelaide to Appalachia."

The bonds forged on the Western Front endured, and Australia and the United States stand together in an interesting and complex world, Shanahan said, adding that the relationship needs leaders who can deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and change.

https://www.army.mil/article/208025/us_australian_service_members_mark_100_years_of_mateship

#1555 2 years ago

The place is looking great! When can we visit? For, you know, a business trip!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Ask and ye shall receive they say

The factory looks great, very impressive. I don't have a Celts or Fathom on order but had some discussion with Damian. I want to publicly thank him for his kind words and support of Project Pinball, he's offered some Clan Haggis memberships for auction. With everything else he's got going on, he took time for some dialogue with me. A class-act, I wish him and everyone at Haggis the best!

#1557 2 years ago

Well done with the update d! Good to get some confidence where things really are.

Not surprising that learning to crawl is taking longer than expected. The driveway errors are great examples of the curveballs the world loves to throw at you.

Building those interior spaces like that is a pain here as they tend to require fire suppression etc.

Looks like a good number of celts to be finished yet. It is interesting that they do seem to look at the cabs like the long pole… and start there. Cab making is messy and takes a ton of space both in materials, handling and storage. I wager that’s why most outsource that component. I mean look… his cab manufacturer takes up nearly 1/3 of his floor space.

It does look like he is trying to be very close to just in time in terms of components (note the lack of clean shelving for finish goods, lots of racks for partial assemblies, inventory, etc).

The higher end finishes in fathom will really require a lot of restrictions on handling.

Anyone figure how they are moving the semi-finished playfields from upstairs back down to the lower level?

The movement of playfield assemblies and lack of cabinet dollies looks kind of hindering.

I expect the 50/mon target was more an ambition rather than an assessment of their abilities. But with all processes… they will try… they will learn… and they will adapt. They will likely just be far slower then they originally planned and it will take then a much longer period to push that up.

Just like spooky…. They are honest in their intentions and look to keep pushing forward. If’s great progress and they really seem committed to making it a success. I just think their communicated plan was over optimistic… especially with the factory and process build out as part of the todo list before they could get to real production.

50/mon means basically 2-3 games a day. That finish room looked crowded with 2-3 rollers and 7 cabs assembled. And need somewhere to stage those finished goods too. I bet he already wishes he had another 500m2

Exciting times for haggis!!

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your comment is not lost on me and it's one of the reasons I have always had a fondness for Australia.
On July 1, 2018 we celebrated your country and our 100 year alliance. And it was much more than just grandads as you will read.
FORT MYER, Va. -- Being a "mate" in Australia has a whole different connotation than in the United States.
Australians trust a mate implicitly. A mate is a person who shares the last drink of water or the last bit of food or the last beer in the six-pack.
A mate shares values, and that is why the United States and Australia celebrated 100 Years of "Mateship" yesterday morning with services at the National Cathedral, followed by a special Twilight Tattoo here last night.
For the U.S. and Australian militaries, the idea of mateship reaches to a higher level. On July 4, 1918, U.S. and Australian soldiers went into combat together assaulting the German line on the Western Front. The Australian soldiers were battle-hardened. The Americans were green. For the first time in history, and one of the few instances in World War I, American troops fought under the direct command of another country. Australian and American soldiers -- from the Illinois Army National Guard's 33rd Infantry Division -- literally fought shoulder to shoulder at the Battle of Hamel. Platoons of Americans were attached to Australian companies.
At the end of the textbook combined arms effort, there were 1,062 Australian casualties and 176 American.
Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that while mateship began at Le Hamel, it grew with each conflict. "That mateship -- that partnership -- continued through World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Somalia, and -- most recently -- in Afghanistan and Iraq," he said at a reception before the Twilight Tattoo. "I know that all of us assembled … are proud of what our nations represent and the strategic significance of our relationship."
Dunford cited incidents from World War II, Vietnam and Afghanistan in which Australian soldiers worked with U.S. forces to uphold their mutual values. "That is what mateship means to me -- it is my pride in being associated with the Australian armed forces," he said. "I can speak on behalf of all Americans here in saying we are deeply proud of our bond and look forward to the next 100 years of mateship."
Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick M. Shanahan spoke of the bond between the two nations at the memorial service earlier in the day. He said the United States and Australia built an edifice as impressive as the National Cathedral in their fight against tyranny in World War I and beyond. That edifice, he said, was in Northern France.
"Its walls were not made of stone or wood, but of flesh And blood," he said. "Its mortar was the mud of the trenches. Its foundation [was the] courage in young kids from Queens and Queensland, from Adelaide to Appalachia."
The bonds forged on the Western Front endured, and Australia and the United States stand together in an interesting and complex world, Shanahan said, adding that the relationship needs leaders who can deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
https://www.army.mil/article/208025/us_australian_service_members_mark_100_years_of_mateship

Cool post 68.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Impressive! Nice that we are remembered for our efforts as much as we remember the efforts of you guys.

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

The place is looking great! When can we visit? For, you know, a business trip!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Seems like a hundred years ago you could just jump on a plane & fly to another country! I know we will be able to that again one day but until this virus is under control we're all grounded. Simple as that.

But I'm sure you would enjoy your "business trip" to Melbourne. It's a great city. All sorts of "business" you can conduct there.

Maybe you get to visit for title 3 or 4.

#1561 2 years ago

think Aaron is suggesting the boards being used in the games

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

think Aaron is suggesting the boards being used in the games

Yep. This has been shared before.

My wife has overhead my pinball conference calls with Australia, Italy, France and the U.K. and thinks it is time for a pinball business trip/world tour!

Pinball friends all over the world is a great thing!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep. This has been shared before.
My wife has overhead my pinball conference calls with Australia, Italy, France and the U.K. and thinks it is time for a pinball business trip/world tour!
Pinball friends all over the world is a great thing!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Definitely sounds good for the marriage. It appears she has "thrown the ball in your court"

1 week later
#1564 2 years ago

is anyone out there?

#1565 2 years ago

Just watched the factory tour , very interesting .
My factory is 5 minutes around the corner and is exactly the same .
I'm surprised they're doing the wiring and making assemblies on the upstairs mezzanine , it gets so cold in the open area and it also will get extremely hot during summer and it will also drip condensation from the skylights on certain days .
Great to see them getting games out and just amazing progress they've made in couple of years .

#1566 2 years ago

Things are too quiet here! Just checking that there are no tech problems? Or is everyone sad that the Tigers missed the finals?

#1567 2 years ago

Paid for my Celts last week, just working on a shipping estimate now. Machines are coming!

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Things are too quiet here! Just checking that there are no tech problems? Or is everyone sad that the Tigers missed the finals?

I think they've had or possibly still on still on lockdown.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Or is everyone sad that the Tigers missed the finals?

I can't believe that was a draw , we should have won .
Go Hawks

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think they've had or possibly still on still on lockdown.

We're still in lockdown and it's not going to end anytime soon

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better soon.

#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better soon.

I'm surprised they're not working , after all pinball is an essential service

#1573 2 years ago

I have no problem waiting. Gives them extra time to get things perfected.

CB2F9E8E-6D2E-4642-A280-6F849A8DC55C.jpegCB2F9E8E-6D2E-4642-A280-6F849A8DC55C.jpeg

#1574 2 years ago

Let’s go Haggis!

#1575 2 years ago

We got to play a really nice Fathom for the first time this weekend. What a great game. Love the entire package, but perhaps more importantly, wife loves it...

We all know what that means, don't we?

You folks are going to be so happy.

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And numbers starting curve up not dissimilar to what happen in NSW. So yeah you guys, especially under Chairman Dan, will be in it for a while too.

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

[quoted image]

As long as they don't go broke beforehand. They still have those bills to pay every week.

#1578 2 years ago

They haven't started shipping the pinball machine they sold before this one.

Don't go getting excited now girls.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They haven't started shipping the pinball machine they sold before this one.
Don't go getting excited now girls.

Kill Bill avatar. Nice!

#1580 2 years ago

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

[quoted image]

It would be nice to see a video of what they've got so far .

#1582 2 years ago

No skin in the game, but very interested in how this classic pinball remake plays out in my home city. I thought the USA would be the place for a Bally remake, especially in Illinois .

One would think all Celts parts would already be on hand (covid aside) to assemble and ship. They said 200 Celts first then Fathom. A quick vid of the proto Fathom would keep the faith going.

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be nice to see a video of what they've got so far .

stole my thunder Ha ha. .

#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

A quick vid of the proto Fathom would keep the faith going.

Martin said that they wanted people to experience it when they first get the game .
Apparently there's an unlimited number of non mermaid editions .
Show me a video of how cool it is and make me want to buy it .
I can't afford it , my money is going to GNR , but I'm sure there are people on the fence who might pull the trigger if they saw a cool video .

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Paid for my Celts last week, just working on a shipping estimate now. Machines are coming!

I also got notice that my invoice / payment will be requested in the next week or so.. And also same on shipping as i only have approximate costs for options so far..

1 week later
#1586 2 years ago

In the final stages of negotiation to sell my Bally Fathom. Dunno if i'll ever find one as nice again.

Banking everything on you Damian and team.

#1587 2 years ago

Very quiet here on Haggis Pinball. Guess lockdown has tired everyone.

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Very quiet here on Haggis Pinball. Guess lockdown has tired everyone.

Nope all good, should see my Celts next week.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Nope all good, should see my Celts next week.

expect a detailed review then!

#1590 2 years ago

Has arrived in Western Australia and unboxing ceremony with the brains trust next Monday 20th
The stoke is real

529F4146-A834-44AE-8DDA-98AB7CDB7C57_1_201_a (resized).jpeg529F4146-A834-44AE-8DDA-98AB7CDB7C57_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#1591 2 years ago

I got all excited that was a Fathom! Congrats on the new pin.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got all excited that was a Fathom! Congrats on the new pin.

I wish this too! Unfortunately corona is closing a lot of things in Victoria as their premier is acting like a dictator.

On a positive note, they are building and achieving.

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the final stages of negotiation to sell my Bally Fathom. Dunno if i'll ever find one as nice again.
Banking everything on you Damian and team.

Ha! That’s interesting. I have the same problem. (Fortunate problem to have.) I’ll be hanging on to mine but it’s just because I’m too lazy to put mine up for
sale right now. It’s such a great game. I wouldn’t worry about it though. The build quality by Haggis looks very very good. (Just watch the Celts video again and you won’t look back)

#1594 2 years ago

Cheers it's waiting here with the Black Hole for pickup and to make a stack of new people very happy.

Bring on the Mermaid i say.

Are you Haggis guys still taking a mermaid to Pinfest Damian?

#1595 2 years ago

Build quality is excellent. Wish the Led Zeppelin I unboxed last week was on par

20210917_164522 (resized).jpg20210917_164522 (resized).jpg20210917_165031 (resized).jpg20210917_165031 (resized).jpg20210917_165903 (resized).jpg20210917_165903 (resized).jpg20210918_072133 (resized).jpg20210918_072133 (resized).jpg
#1596 2 years ago

I'm sure I will be extremely happy with Fathom if this machine is a preview. Celts may not appeal to everyone but you cannot go past the quality. It's no MM (although it will be parked next to it at my house) But it's fun all the same.

I bought this machine for 3 reasons... The "show" pricing appeared value for money, Damian was putting a lot of effort in his YouTube videos and I wanted to support a fledgling Aussie startup. Glad I did it. He can move on to bigger & better things. Er... I mean games.

20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg20210918_163313 (resized).jpg20210918_163313 (resized).jpg20210918_164837 (resized).jpg20210918_164837 (resized).jpg20210918_164900 (resized).jpg20210918_164900 (resized).jpg20210918_170734 (resized).jpg20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
#1597 2 years ago

Photos do not do it justice. It's a beautiful machine. Build is 9/10

#1598 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Photos do not do it justice. It's a beautiful machine. Build is 9/10

Looks incredible! How does it shoot on the acrylic?

#1599 2 years ago

Congratulations on your game!!!

Interesting that it basically has a sky light to let ambient light get to the back of the translite when the game is not on? I like the positioning and size of both displays. Glad to see a node board type system, but would prefer to see generic Ethernet cables for the interconnect instead of the ones they are using. They look bulky and appear to need a glob of glue to stay in place.

From what I can see the artwork looks really nice and vibrant. I love the lock bar branding and powder coat color they chose. Are those LEDs along the side wall of the cabinet?

All in all it looks nice and the best part about it is that it's a finished product in the hand of a buyer! A lot of companies never get this far and they did it despite obvious challenges in the world these days. I am really looking forward to seeing what Fathom looks and plays like!

#1600 2 years ago

I’d love to see another update video from Damian. How many Celts are left? How many games per day are being made? When does he anticipate Fathom builds to start? Did he resolve his delivery door issues?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/32?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.