432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 156.
#1501 2 years ago

I use "World Remit" to transfer $ overseas Give them a try. It cost $3.99 to send up to $5000 in 1 transaction
worldremit.com

#1502 2 years ago

Our American mates are just sitting back now & going what??? What are we talking about now?? I thought this thread was about Fathom? Now we are are talking about shipping. Argh wait I get it. They both involve the ocean. Doh

#1503 2 years ago

Back to Fathom

Has anyone heard from Damon or any Fathom updates?
I emailed him and in the past he was very responsive, in this case I have not gotten a response.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Back to Fathom
I emailed him and in the past he was very responsive, in this case I have not gotten a response.

Last video he did explained that Celts orders were priority before starting Fathoms. Also moving, hiring and Corona horses hit. Just go back a page or two for video or google latest vids. It’s all good.

#1505 2 years ago

Hey, we are all eager for updates. Especially those of us with Mermaids on order. I don't think you see any other manufacturers giving any more updates than this. Let them do their thing and I'm sure they will give us something juicy when they have it.

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Hey, we are all eager for updates. Especially those of us with Mermaids on order. I don't think you see any other manufacturers giving any more updates than this. Let them do their thing and I'm sure they will give us something juicy when they have it.

While I agree with you, we did have very frequent updates for the first few months. So I think perhaps an unrealistic expectation was set. But unrealistic expectations or not, it has been over a month since the last update, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to wonder how it's been going there at Haggis Pinball.

But as you say, all we can do is wait.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

And hope that at least one Government will let its population know what metrics are needed for an emergency to be over. Could understand not sharing that info outside the USA but…

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

While I agree with you, we did have very frequent updates for the first few months. So I think perhaps an unrealistic expectation was set. But unrealistic expectations or not, it has been over a month since the last update, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to wonder how it's been going there at Haggis Pinball.

Not only this, but they are doing something completely new with the enhanced code approach. It would be nice to let people see what they ordered by showing how extensive this new code is.

I'm feeling similar about Spooky, with them not showing real Halloween/Ultraman gameplay. In both cases, the games are sold out, so there's a perspective of why bother. But just because you don't HAVE to doesn't mean you SHOULD'T.

People took a leap of faith with both companies and spent non-refundable money on something they didn't even get to see. The right thing to do would be to show gameplay of the stuff you know people want to see. Doesn't need to be super high production value, or anything that would be too time-consuming. But a walkthrough of the new rules and some associated gameplay would make me feel a lot better about my purchase.

While I don't necessarily doubt that I'll get my game, I've lost all enthusiasm over the game because I don't really even know what I'm getting. If I'm spending $9K on a toy, they should at least give me a taste of what I bought to maintain my enthusiasm while I wait for it.

#1509 2 years ago

I want to be surprised when i get it

#1510 2 years ago

I honestly expect to get my ultra man se (450/500) before my fathom

#1511 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I honestly expect to get my ultra man se (450/500) before my fathom

Ouch. Hoping about the same time.

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Last video he did explained that Celts orders were priority before starting Fathoms. Also moving, hiring and Corona horses hit. Just go back a page or two for video or google latest vids. It’s all good.

That was over a month ago… and back then he was still forecasting to start fathom in july… but we are past that now. 6 weeks later is worthy of an update

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:There's a Stellar Wars on Ebay and Gumtree for $3.5 but it's in Perth and looks like the seller just wants to sell local.

Yeah spotted that one on Gumtree and already shared it with my mate a few days ago.

Quoted from punkin:

Gotcha. Just I know there's a pinball guy that is my company too.

Yeah PCFS just have helped me because the owner is a client of a business I'm involved with. (he may or may not have ever helped anyone import a pinball before). That's how I first got on to him, as he was keen to look after me due to that connection.

#1514 2 years ago

Quoted from flynnibus:

That was over a month ago… and back then he was still forecasting to start fathom in july… but we are past that now. 6 weeks later is worthy of an update

No the last update I saw stated that it had blown out a month so start August, but in this maddening world could mean anything
I am awaiting my Celts! but hey, first world problems I guess.

#1515 2 years ago

.... and sadly, we are going into another snap 7 day lockdown tonight. So many business are struggling here in Victoria (think this is our 3rd full on lockdown in less than 2 months). So can imagine this might push back production even further for them..... it is what it is .....

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Back to Fathom

An update on the 200 Celts roll out first, which is a gateway for the Fathom build we're told, and a quick vid of the proto Fathom would be most welcome. It's a working proto , right ? Buyers would love to see that while putting a lot of encouragement out there.

#1517 2 years ago

No the last update I saw stated that it had blown out a month so start August, but in this maddening world could mean anything
I am awaiting my Celts! but hey, first world problems I guess.

Not on their youtube or Facebook page… so not sure which update that is…

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not on their youtube or Facebook page… so not sure which update that is…

The main content was in their last video they posted for sure... my memory of the video was they didn't say point blank "We will NOT start Fathom until August". It was more implied than a declaration... but I'm old and my memory is lousy, so maybe it did say that

#1519 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The main content was in their last video they posted for sure... my memory of the video was they didn't say point blank "We will NOT start Fathom until August". It was more implied than a declaration... but I'm old and my memory is lousy, so maybe it did say that

They said their estimate had slipped from start of July to near end of July.. but were still targeting to start Fathom in July.

I always assumed these estimates were far too optimistic, especially once they threw their move in there... but Damien had been very transparent previously so was kinda surprised they had go this far over plan and hadn't given an update.

They still seem more focused on building cabs as their choke point/progress more than anything else

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from srt-8:

.... and sadly, we are going into another snap 7 day lockdown tonight. So many business are struggling here in Victoria (think this is our 3rd full on lockdown in less than 2 months). So can imagine this might push back production even further for them..... it is what it is .....

Yes. So, maybe Haggis has time to update people at least saying that there is no update? At least start holding off online orders. An electronic backlog for items does not create an accounting system (and others systems, see 48 CFR § 252.242-7005) with solid financial documents for GDP reporting and investors to rely. #ruleoflaw(<— Flaw)

#1521 2 years ago

Fuckin' what???

#1522 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Yes. So, maybe Haggis has time to update people at least saying that there is no update? At least start holding off online orders. An electronic backlog for items does not create an accounting system (and others systems, see 48 CFR § 252.242-7005) with solid financial documents for GDP reporting and investors to rely. #ruleofflaw(<— Flaw)

Quoted from punkin:

Fuckin' what???

I’m guessing this a google translate incident lol.

#1523 2 years ago

Haggis emailed me my Mermaid edition number a few days ago. (#233).
I’m in no hurry. Gives me a little more time to save up.

#1524 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fuckin' what???

FAR Part 12

#1525 2 years ago

randomly spouting usa laws that dont even apply to australia to support a point you forgot to actually make first isnt working

#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

randomly spouting usa laws that dont even apply to australia to support a point you forgot to actually make first isnt working

Try not to think of it as laws, but how to “invest” industry. An understanding of the entire document creates a economic model that if followed would help all industries, quality and markets in large.

And the model does apply to Earth (including Australia). Example both the UK & China are “blockingish” Nvidia acquisition of ARM (economic structure to FAR principles). Actuarial math has to check into finance, business, Government etc. or money doesn’t exist. Power, influence and created scarcity make the cogs of the markets work.

#1527 2 years ago

it seems like you really believe whatever all that means. Perhaps you may need to reflect on the context and audience as it seems to be a long way out of phase with excitement over a small niche vendor and frankly no one here knows what you're on about.

back to haggis now.

#1528 2 years ago

Its just unsecured Investors funding a startup nothing more, nothing less

#1529 2 years ago

I like pinball!

#1531 2 years ago

Haggis just announced their Fathom Black and White Edition with alternate backglass!

7C98F0E8-4209-45F5-9E09-58D079C8FD91.jpeg7C98F0E8-4209-45F5-9E09-58D079C8FD91.jpeg
#1532 2 years ago

Some of them look like blokes.

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Haggis just announced their Fathom Black and White Edition with alternate backglass!
[quoted image]

Oh great Jack works for them now

#1534 2 years ago

If it's Jersey Jack i'm out and want a refund. That man is no good.

#1535 2 years ago

We need an update in this thread. Lockdown or not, just a face to face video to let us know how far behind the schedule is

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

We need an update in this thread. Lockdown or not, just a face to face video to let us know how far behind the schedule is

Mate, if you have a vested interest, go and contact direct. You are sounding like an entitled brat.
I have had no dramas with ANY communications I have requested, then again I don't expect miracles from a start up company.
Maybe Team Haggis have better things to do than feed the requests on this forum.
Like some other threads, posts like yours just causes unnecessary shit, call the waaaaambulance if you need to vent.

If I see or hear something WORTH posting. I will.

#1537 2 years ago

You wouldn't like the CGC thread then Andy

They are all owed something there.

#1538 2 years ago

Like some other threads, posts like yours just causes unnecessary shit

this is no different to what you did to mike for years.. annoying isnt it

#1539 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I'd be understanding with a bad update as long as its honest and realistic. But no update is troubling.

#1540 2 years ago

Mate, if you have a vested interest, go and contact direct. You are sounding like an entitled brat.
I have had no dramas with ANY communications I have requested, then again I don't expect miracles from a start up company.
Maybe Team Haggis have better things to do than feed the requests on this forum.
Like some other threads, posts like yours just causes unnecessary shit, call the waaaaambulance if you need to vent.
If I see or hear something WORTH posting. I will.

Dude, oh I meant mate, you can kick back and relax if you wish, but for many other paid customers who may want a simple short but honest video to address the delay. We are more than 1 month behind so a little transparency goes a long way to clear some doubts some may have in light of what's happened/happening to many pinball start up companies. Especially Damien has been great with update videos in the past (before July) to address various concerns and questions. With Covid lockdown factory closed, so more time and reason to shoot a video assuming his health is not affected. A video is sure more time effective to address concerns than answering the same questions from multiple sources. The silence is deafening and like Mr 68, we can expect and understand bad news but not radio silence.

Since when pinball companies are so high and mighty that when paid customer questioning their products being delayed is being labelled as "entitled brat" lol

#1541 2 years ago

Was burned by Andrew Heighway. Thought I’d not preorder again. (Foolishly?) I did.

Starting to get a sinking feeling. Need an update, hopefully not involving “2 weeks”.

Throw us a bone Haggis.

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

this is no different to what you did to mike for years.. annoying isnt it

You mean Mike did to himself. Big difference. If Haggis fail me, I will call that out too!
So far I am not annoyed with anything Haggis has done to date. Delays are out of control in a crazy “ pandemic “ world
Also Mike is a twat who lied a lot. Very bad at PR for the Homepin brand too.
Haggis, so far has been excellent IMO.
AGAIN, LIKE I SAID , send a personal message and you get a response( well I do )
Haggis is VERY boutique. I am sure something is coming sooner than later.

#1543 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Dude, oh I meant mate, you can kick back and relax if you wish, but for many other paid customers who may want a simple short but honest video to address the delay. We are more than 1 month behind so a little transparency goes a long way to clear some doubts some may have in light of what's happened/happening to many pinball start up companies. Especially Damien has been great with update videos in the past (before July) to address various concerns and questions. With Covid lockdown factory closed, so more time and reason to shoot a video assuming his health is not affected. A video is sure more time effective to address concerns than answering the same questions from multiple sources. The silence is deafening and like Mr 68, we can expect and understand bad news but not radio silence.
Since when pinball companies are so high and mighty that when paid customer questioning their products being delayed is being labelled as "entitled brat" lol

Again , if you have ordered , ask a direct message. Then share it here if you want.
The updates I asked directly re; CELTS were promptly responded and I was reminded of delays in having to build a manufacturing business. I fully understand this situation.
Whining here does nothing.
No pinball manufacturer is exempt from delays at the moment. In fact all industries are suffering from supply/ demand issues.
Patience for luxury items is required.
In saying this, i too would love a new video. But am content with my communications so far.
Man, I hope I am right in this new Aussie venture. I have good feelings all will be updated very soon.
P.s. you can call me Dude

#1544 2 years ago

Mate, if you have a vested interest, go and contact direct.

Again , if you have ordered , ask a direct message. Then share it here if you want.

I have and my last two emails have been ignored. Last one sent on 06/14/21.
Please don't tell me to patient as I think nearly two months for an email response is plenty of time.

#1545 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please don't tell me to patient as I think nearly two months for an email response is plenty of time.

Yeah I would be pissed too!
sorry to hear. I hope you get an answer soon.

#1546 2 years ago

last video was 26/6/21 or 6/26/21 ( for the yanks who date stuff backwards ) with hopefully the answers required.

#1547 2 years ago

There's valid points on both sides of the fence here but it is worth pointing out that the covid situation in Victoria has reverted back to basically a full lock down and doesn't look like changing any time soon. This has had ENORMOUS impacts on small business in general, not just pinball. I don't have a vested interest in the machine but i do have a huge amount of respect for the way Damian is doing his business, and his updates have been quite interesting and informing. There seems to be a level of "suspicion of inaction" creeping in to this thread and i think that's wayyyyy off the mark, but i do understand the anxiety of people who have paid up front (particularly one's who may have been burnt before) Put it this way, if the machines don't get built (of COURSE they bloody will!!) then i'll eat my hat, a horse, my Iron Maiden machine (ground up and added to burgers) and even the next door neighbours cat, and believe me when i say that thing is the mangiest looking pussy in history

#1548 2 years ago

Ask and ye shall receive they say

#1549 2 years ago

good update Damien and alot of work put into the new setup

- I use to build the Multicam CNC machines - good bit of gear - definitely put some walls and retractable door to cut down the noise to others and dust
- I feel for the guys that need to work on the top level during summer - done my time in factories near the roof sheeting

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Quoted from Mr68:

I'd be understanding with a bad update as long as its honest and realistic. But no update is troubling.

Quoted from Mr68:

Happy?

Your granddad would have told you when he was fighting in the trenches..... "put your faith in an Aussie"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.