image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 157.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I know, I just AM A Muppet

#1452 2 years ago

For my fellow American buyers, seems like Wise will be the best way to pay our remaining balances to Haggis. Best exchange rate by far, been in business a long time, and are very legitimate. I just compared what it would cost to send 10,000 AUD via Wise, and via Wells Fargo, and Wise was literally $300 USD cheaper for the same amount of Australian Dollars.

I'm not sure if Haggis will want us to pay in AUD, or whether they will accept USD. Even if they accept both, one method may end up being a lot cheaper for us than another.

https://wise.com/us/send-money/

--------
Also, I'd love an update from Haggis soon. It's been a while since we got any new info. According to Damian, they should hopefully all ready be working on the first 30 games.

#1453 2 years ago

I hereby apologise for my crime of altering a quote and making a joke that the other participant got.

Guess it's an aussie thing.

Sorry to those offended.

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I hereby apologise for my crime of altering a quote and making a joke that the other participant got.
Sorry to those offended.

I don't mind, us Aussies love to take the piss and the world just need to adhere to our speech. After all we do it for the queer folk out there

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry to those offended.

I didn't see it but I like your aussie style. Cheers

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I don't mind, us Aussies love to take the piss and the world just need to adhere to our speech. After all we do it for the queer folk out there

I know mate.

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For my fellow American buyers, seems like Wise will be the best way to pay our remaining balances to Haggis. Best exchange rate by far, been in business a long time, and are very legitimate. I just compared what it would cost to send 10,000 AUD via Wise, and via Wells Fargo, and Wise was literally $300 USD cheaper for the same amount of Australian Dollars.
I'm not sure if Haggis will want us to pay in AUD, or whether they will accept USD. Even if they accept both, one method may end up being a lot cheaper for us than another.
https://wise.com/us/send-money/
--------
Also, I'd love an update from Haggis soon. It's been a while since we got any new info. According to Damian, they should hopefully all ready be working on the first 30 games.

Thanks for the heads up. I use the app OFX for my downpayment. It cost me $1198 USD to send $1500 AUD. Before the next payment I will compare it to Wise.
https://www.ofx.com/

#1458 2 years ago

I use OFX all the time to send US$ to China, really good rates compared to the big banks.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Thanks for the heads up. I use the app OFX for my downpayment. It cost me $1198 USD to send $1500 AUD. Before the next payment I will compare it to Wise.
https://www.ofx.com/

Quoted from punkin:

I use OFX all the time to send US$ to China, really good rates compared to the big banks.

Seems like OFX is very similar to Wise. I'm personally more familiar with Wise, and I think costs and exchange rate were very close to OFX when I looked.

#1460 2 years ago

From GAP: "The total price is $9000 plus $360 shipping, Plus duties / import taxes which will be determined after games have entered the US."

That undefined "duties / import taxes" is a little scary. Do we have duties and import taxes with Australia? I would think there would be no duties or import taxes from Australia to USA, but maybe I'm wrong?

I still wish the Mermaid version came with powder coat rather that that mirrored finish. Anyone planning to powder coat theirs after receiving it?

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sorry to those offended.

I got moderated once for doing the same thing! At least they're consistent

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From GAP: "The total price is $9000 plus $360 shipping, Plus duties / import taxes which will be determined after games have entered the US."
That undefined "duties / import taxes" is a little scary. Do we have duties and import taxes with Australia? I would think there would be no duties or import taxes from Australia to USA, but maybe I'm wrong?
I still wish the Mermaid version came with powder coat rather that that mirrored finish. Anyone planning to powder coat theirs after receiving it?

I hope there are no other charges? I was under the impression that they were right around 8900 shipped to pps and then we pay shipping from there and that was it?

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I hope there are no other charges? I was under the impression that they were right around 8900 shipped to pps and then we pay shipping from there and that was it?

It’s 11500 AUD - so it could be anywhere from $6k to $13k based on the exchange rate (using approx high/low values from past 20 years)

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I asked Haggis about this before placing my order and was told there would be no additional cost/fees/taxes besides shipping within the USA.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I asked Haggis about this before placing my order and was told there would be no additional cost/fees/taxes besides shipping within the USA.

Possibly GAP are direct importing a few games bypassing PPS??

#1466 2 years ago

Does anyone think Viking might make the 5?

#1467 2 years ago

C'mon Haggis! We need an update.

#1468 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Does anyone think Viking might make the 5?

I think Viking might for sure... I don't like the odds of Flash Gordon being made due to what I assume would be additional licensing requirements. The drop off of games I personally think will sell at this price point is really steep after Fathom and Centaur. Just one man's opinion of course.

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The drop off of games I personally think will sell at this price point is really steep after Fathom and Centaur. Just one man's opinion of course.

EBD absolutely would .. (added - EK would too) .. but after that i agree theres a slope

#1470 2 years ago

I love Medusa as it sits, but with extra code, Haggis would get me again.
But, baby steps for now and let's see how the do with Fathom.

#1471 2 years ago

I'm in for a Blackwater 100!

I know.... It's a dream!

#1472 2 years ago

Skateball, Paragon, Future Spa?

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I love Medusa as it sits, but with extra code, Haggis would get me again.
But, baby steps for now and let's see how the do with Fathom.

New rules on Medusa would be great to force you to use more of the playfield. I love the drop target game, but that's all you end up doing as-is.

Fathom and Centaur are no-brainers. Based on sales numbers, I have to imagine EBD happens, but not sure if I'm interested. Four and five are harder to predict. Probably Medusa is one? Really no clue on the other.

Skateball seems like a tough sell theme-wise, but that playfield has enough going on to really take advantage of expanded rules. Fingers crossed.

I really wish Embryon would get new rules - there's SO much to shoot at on that playfield. Paragon also has a TON of stuff to shoot at, but ball times are so short, I'm not sure how much that game benefits from additional rules. Regardless, I'm not very optimistic about widebodies happening.

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

EBD absolutely would .. (added - EK would too) .. but after that i agree theres a slope

My hesitation with EBD is that they just made so darn many of them... but ya... I agree that has to be on the shortlist for sure. I did an analysis earlier in this thread of the early 80's Bally's and their average price on pinside... (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/8#post-6249966).

It's that insight that makes me at least believe the drop off is steep... if I can get an original EBD for $2,800 or a Haggis version for $9,000, that would have to be some pretty fancy 2.0 code to make me want to take that plunge. Maybe they don't make 250 of the other titles? Regardless, I hope they're super successful and I am excited to see the next ones on the list.

#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

My hesitation with EBD is that they just made so darn many of them... but ya... I agree that has to be on the shortlist for sure. I did an analysis earlier in this thread of the early 80's Bally's and their average price on pinside... (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/8#post-6249966).
It's that insight that makes me at least believe the drop off is steep... if I can get an original EBD for $2,800 or a Haggis version for $9,000, that would have to be some pretty fancy 2.0 code to make me want to take that plunge. Maybe they don't make 250 of the other titles? Regardless, I hope they're super successful and I am excited to see the next ones on the list.

Ebd (not LE) is really hard to find down here - I’d guess most of them would sell locally.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ebd (not LE) is really hard to find down here - I’d guess most of them would sell locally.

^^^^^ this is why @roar. Without even trying I could sell a couple a month to cashed up 60yo's who played it new.
None of them have another pinball. I dont disagree at all with your data relating to your market. Its just that im in a different one

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

M if I can get an original EBD for $2,800 or a Haggis version for $9,000, that would have to be some pretty fancy 2.0 code to make me want to take that plunge.

$2,800 would buy you a project in Oz with a long way to go to & a lot of $$$ to make it "like new" & so darn many of them are just projects or very tired. I'm sure if a brand new one was on offer many punters would be tempted.

#1478 2 years ago

I have a mate in Coffs Harbour who is selling his only machine, a EBD. He want's 10k for it.

#1479 2 years ago

What is anyone's best guess right now... are we talking 3 to 6 months until games start shipping or by next spring? Just curious.

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What is anyone's best guess right now... are we talking 3 to 6 months until games start shipping or by next spring? Just curious.

Personally, I would be surprised if they ship in 3 months. Delays are just the norm in pinball production these days.

#1481 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm hoping Damian proves me wrong but first quarter next year is what I'm thinking. We need an update.

#1482 2 years ago

It will be, what it will be.
Gives me time to try and save more money for the series.
CELTS is in production though and Im super stoked for this

#1483 2 years ago

Just got my game number a couple of days ago 245 guessing Ill be one of the last to get mine. Anyway will be great to watch the unboxings and gameplay when people get there's. I'd definitely be in on an Eight Ball Deluxe, Paragon and maybe a Flash Gordon.

#1484 2 years ago

How many total will be made?

#1485 2 years ago

How many total will be made?

250 Mermaid editions. No set limit or regular edition.

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:Yeah, I'm hoping Damian proves me wrong but first quarter next year is what I'm thinking. We need an update.

Yeah . . The update is Awol .

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have a mate in Coffs Harbour who is selling his only machine, a EBD. He want's 10k for it.

That's like the definition of what's annoying me right now in Aus, even 80's stuff going for stupid money compared to US. Trying to help my mate buy his first pin and he's wanting something like his 80's('79) fav Stellar Wars, but even those old things are overpriced.

#1488 2 years ago

Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

That's like the definition of what's annoying me right now in Aus, even 80's stuff going for stupid money compared to US. Trying to help my mate buy his first pin and he's wanting something like his 80's('79) fav Stellar Wars, but even those old things are overpriced.

yeah just got my mates first pin delivered here by Trent on Sat morn.
$6kau for a Black night 2000.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

yeah just got my mates first pin delivered here by Trent on Sat morn.
$6kau for a Black night 2000.

At those prices must be cheaper to import? even with the shipping plus taxes? That game goes for £1500-£2500 here in the Uk depending on condition.

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:That's like the definition of what's annoying me right now in Aus, even 80's stuff going for stupid money compared to US. Trying to help my mate buy his first pin and he's wanting something like his 80's('79) fav Stellar Wars, but even those old things are overpriced.

Maybe he should forget about pinball & buy a Torana instead.

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

At those prices must be cheaper to import? even with the shipping plus taxes? That game goes for £1500-£2500 here in the Uk depending on condition.

Ukp2500 Is aud4700. Plus say 1400 to bring it air. Plus 500 to 1000 to fix whatever’s wrong. Plus 10%vat. Uk is actually higher than here realistically

#1492 2 years ago

It makes sense to import from the east coast of the US for some machines that are rare or highly valued here. Same going the other way.

Machines like EBD do come up though and not always at crazy money.

My restored Sorcerer came from a great pinsider in Cali, but i've only ever seen one basket case for sale here in the 3 years i've been collecting.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Absolutely, no question in many cases. Not saying that buying the one single one listed here on Pinside is necessarily the right price point at $3600. It's becoming more so by the day here. If you've paid $A1000 on shipping you've paid too much. I can do sea freight for $500 for example and have a freight forwarding contact I know personally. Although I get the feeling our small market could well come crashing down though with all these people coming into pinball and spending willy nilly now that we've had these recent covid lockdowns here. Got to start biting sooner or later.

Quoted from Screwloose:

Maybe he should forget about pinball & buy a Torana instead.

Bahaha, yeah they're an absolute steal at the moment too

#1494 2 years ago

If you've paid $A1000 on shipping you've paid too much. I can do sea freight for $500 for example

500? you're comparing door to door air with either just the actual freight component of lsl . or the cash price for a spot in an illegally mixed box with no separate BOL.. apples v apples or it doesnt make sense.

#1495 2 years ago

This is the quote i got from MM this morning $US to me;

Thanks Gerry, if this moves ocean keep it as one pallet, if it moves

air it needs to be split to two pieces, the pallet and the carton. Based

on that, we can offer door to door, insured *:

AIR: $3,245 * (about one week overall transit)

If just to arrival Brisbane airport = $1,845 insured

OCEAN: $2,135 * (congestion now, estimating 8 weeks overall transit)

If just to arrival Brisbane port = $885 insured

* excludes duties/taxes/exam/GST as they may apply.

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

500? you're comparing door to door air with either just the actual freight component of lsl . or the cash price for a spot in an illegally mixed box with no separate BOL.. apples v apples or it doesnt make sense.

I'm saying you can go through a freight (and customs) forwarder like I know and land a machine here between $500 and $800 -not talking with GST. I used to use Fedex freight for around $500 but like 15 years ago, but obviously not these days - no point in adding the cost if you're trying bring the cost of the whole exercise down. Nothing 'illegally mixed' as you put it, this from a large scale Freight Forwarding provider.

Quoted from punkin:

This is the quote i got from MM this morning $US to me;
Thanks Gerry, if this moves ocean keep it as one pallet, if it moves
air it needs to be split to two pieces, the pallet and the carton. Based
on that, we can offer door to door, insured *:
AIR: $3,245 * (about one week overall transit)
If just to arrival Brisbane airport = $1,845 insured
OCEAN: $2,135 * (congestion now, estimating 8 weeks overall transit)
If just to arrival Brisbane port = $885 insured
* excludes duties/taxes/exam/GST as they may apply.

That's terrible pricing on air, but not surprising really at the moment. Probably badly affected by Covid for air cost. But sea freight, the direct to port isn't too bad. But what are they quoting there in the rest, as they often lump in local handling costs that are totally unrealistic. I was quoted $575 extra to get a machine 60km's from the freight warehouse to my place for example when I brought in my TWD. I organised my own for a fraction of that cost or would use my truck to go get it nowadays.

#1497 2 years ago

I'm saying you can go through a freight and customs forward like I know and land a machine here between $500 and $800 -not talking with GST. I used to use Fedex freight for around $500 but like 15 years ago, but obviously not these days - no point in adding the cost if you're trying bring the cost of the whole exercise down. Nothing 'illegally mixed' as you put it, this from a large scale Freight Forwarding provider.

Yeah, i know who you mean, and i use them all the time for shipments from China.

I'll give Stockwells a chance at my P3 too, they should be able to beat the above.

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, i know who you mean, and i use them all the time for shipments from China.
I'll give Stockwells a chance at my P3 too, they should be able to beat the above.

Not sure if we know and use the exact same company. I'm talking about PCFS in Sydney is who I use.

#1499 2 years ago

There's a Stellar Wars on Ebay and Gumtree for $3.5 but it's in Perth and looks like the seller just wants to sell local.

#1500 2 years ago

I'm saying you can go through a freight and customs forward like I know and land a machine here between $500 and $800 -not talking with GST. I used to use Fedex freight for around $500 but like 15 years ago, but obviously not these days - no point in adding the cost if you're trying bring the cost of the whole exercise down. Nothing 'illegally mixed' as you put it, this from a large scale Freight Forwarding provider.

Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

There's a Stellar Wars on Ebay and Gumtree for $3.5 but it's in Perth and looks like the seller just wants to sell local.

Joe at Kids Just Wanna Have Fun can help you. Great service.

Not sure if we know and use the exact same company. I'm talking about PCFS in Sydney is who I use.

Gotcha. Just I know there's a pinball guy that is my company too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.