IMG_2945(1) (resized).jpg
homer_concept_art_21 (resized).png
A3563B3F-A260-434D-A015-7E73B9A6A203 (resized).png
zzzx large 1 (resized).jpeg
20210624_173943 (resized).jpg
20210624_173912 (resized).jpg
20210624_173903 (resized).jpg
20210624_173748 (resized).jpg

There are 1486 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.
#1401 16 days ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Bugger I just caught on this site and all the Mermaid Editions are sold the classic is definitely not worth buying. Hopefully EBD will be in the line up.

I would contact them and ask if there is a waiting list in the even of cancellations. You never know your luck, and Damien is a really great guy to deal with.

#1402 16 days ago
Quoted from Mark000:

Bugger I just caught on this site and all the Mermaid Editions are sold the classic is definitely not worth buying. Hopefully EBD will be in the line up.

There was a pretty decent window before they sold out, much better than recent Spooky releases. But yeah probably half a chance of picking up a cancellation. I reckon someone (amongst the Aus buyers) is going to suffer some kind of lockdown related stress and not be able to pay the balance. So you could easily get yourself put on a standby list I reckon.

#1403 16 days ago

Yep I will definitely contact them I would love one of these it's a game I have always wanted

#1404 16 days ago

I just got my Clan Haggis package in the mail. That is one excellent fitting t-shirt! I think my kids were jealous, "aww, is that from your friends in Australia? Do you have another one?"

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1405 16 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I just got my Clan Haggis package in the mail. That is one excellent fitting t-shirt! I think my kids were jealous, "aww, is that from your friends in Australia? Do you have another one?"
Aaron
FAST Pinball

+1 !!!!

#1406 16 days ago

Cleanest angle of the workspace to snap a t-shirt modeling pic!

BC0AF4E3-8B2D-4B7F-855B-A42CA3887833 (resized).jpeg

Making pinball, making friends!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1407 16 days ago

mines too small.
i am a fat bastard though

#1408 16 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

mines too small.
i am a fat bastard though

Mine is a touch snug, im told it is the only correct fitting shirt i have though

What do ya’ll think they are going to do for a topper on this thing? I’m down with a huge mermaid tail-no game name.

#1409 16 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Aaron
FAST Pinball

That’s because we don’t oversize our clothing like you Americans do. All your stuff is at least 1 size larger than ours.

#1410 15 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:That’s because we don’t oversize our clothing like you Americans do. All your stuff is at least 1 size larger than ours.

Including your Big Macs & Whoppers

#1411 15 days ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Including your Big Macs & Whoppers

Yep, goes hand in hand with the T-shirt sizes.

#1412 15 days ago

Any idea what the other four games are? You think there's a possibility of a wide-body like Paragon?

#1413 15 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, goes hand in hand with the T-shirt sizes.

Well, I guess it goes right along with our larger than average jock straps also!

#1414 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, I guess it goes right along with our larger than average jock straps also!

I think it has something to do with this stuff.

homoslackus1 (resized).jpg

#1415 13 days ago

Fathom bump

Bump 3.gif

#1416 13 days ago

Got my "partial" Clan Haggis swag today! Whoop!

#1417 11 days ago

Haggis had a spot open up for a Fathom Mermaid Edition and I sent my deposit yesterday.
They have been very responsive to emails.
Once my deposit clears, I will be informed of my edition number.
What a beautiful machine!

#1418 10 days ago

So if a person ordered a Mermaid Ed today (Assuming they become available), what is the expected delivery date?

#1419 10 days ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

So if a person ordered a Mermaid Ed today (Assuming they become available), what is the expected delivery date?

I think Nitro Pinball has 10 spots left. Expected delivery date from now is about 6 months. I would confirm with Haggis though.

#1420 10 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Fathom bump
[quoted image]

That is so hilarious. Wish I could give a double thumbs up.

#1421 10 days ago
Quoted from Engel67:

Haggis had a spot open up for a Fathom Mermaid Edition and I sent my deposit yesterday.
They have been very responsive to emails.
Once my deposit clears, I will be informed of my edition number.
What a beautiful machine!

Interesting and nice one. I'm going to hazard a guess with the dramas we've had here lately, someone's hit a financial difficulties with the lockdown. Might start to take some of the heat out of the over-hyped market locally in many categories not just pinball!

#1422 10 days ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Interesting and nice one. I'm going to hazard a guess with the dramas we've had here lately, someone's hit a financial difficulties with the lockdown. Might start to take some of the heat out of the over-hyped market locally in many categories not just pinball!

Yep. No government $$$ pouring in this time. Definitely feels different this time.

#1423 10 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep. No government $$$ pouring in this time. Definitely feels different this time.

100%. It was definitely a bit surreal last year with everyone kind of going nuts spending on everything as an alternative to OS holidays, a diversion from boredom, etc.

#1424 9 days ago

100%. It was definitely a bit surreal last year with everyone kind of going nuts spending on everything as an alternative to OS holidays, a diversion from boredom, etc.

Yeah nah yeah it was real though.

No question.

#1425 9 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yeah nah yeah it was real though.
No question.

Yeah it was all around, no missing it. I've seen cars I own(current not collector's), a boat I've got a major share in, all go up to the point I'm selling out of one at a profit (the boat). That's the mind blowing part for me. Then there's pinball...

#1426 9 days ago

Why am I seeing Mermaid Fathom available for purchase again?

Maybe someone canceled?

Strange.

#1427 9 days ago

Yeah it was all around, no missing it. I've seen cars I own(current not collector's), a boat I've got a major share in, all go up to the point I'm selling out of one at a profit (the boat). That's the mind blowing part for me. Then there's pinball...

Gonna be real again looks like, but perhaps a bit the other way. Assistance here not realistically available to smallest businesses this time. Clearing out loads of mum and dad livelihoods. Nobody seems to care is a bit surreal.

Others may come up for sale too, I'd say. They will sell quickly, just saying some people that ordered may have been a "special buy" for their budget and many are under additional financial stress now. ...

#1428 8 days ago

Back to the game ...

Fathom has been on my wish list basically since I started in pinball. Prior to having any games I started with VP in the early days, playing alot of Whitewater, BBB, ID etc. etc. ... and the only Fathom I have played yet is on VP. I bought a Maverick that was about shot, cheap, and it puzzled me... stored it for a year. Then purchased a well used Whitewater, working, and that was where it started! Lol

Now really excited for the Haggis revisit of Fathom, can't wait to play some! . Love the older games and found myself with some old Sterns and Gottlieb. Bally has been lacking.

I barely remember much of the original ruleset as I only ever played maybe dozens of games... but I've been studying up a bit...

So what does everyone think will be features of the 2.0 code?

Also, similar story for Cenaur revisited, maybe even more excited for that one. Re. the 2.0 updated Centaur rules as well?.

#1429 8 days ago

I am thinking more storytelling , different multi balls , and possibly hurry ups?
Much more shot directive than just a basher.

#1430 8 days ago

Just put my deposit down on a Mermaid Edition so excited

#1431 8 days ago

I am thinking more storytelling , different multi balls , and possibly hurry ups?
Much more shot directive than just a basher.

Yes! I thought Martin mentioned on a podcast that it was a continuation of the original story of a diver not returning to the boat because of some sultry mermaids. I think he said the guys kids return to the same cay/cove to investigate. Anyone else remember hearing something similar or am I just making up my own story? haha …I also remember multiball, ball save, several modes and a wizard mode being discussed.

#1432 8 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Gonna be real again looks like, but perhaps a bit the other way. Assistance here not realistically available to smallest businesses this time. Clearing out loads of mum and dad livelihoods. Nobody seems to care is a bit surreal.
Others may come up for sale too, I'd say. They will sell quickly, just saying some people that ordered may have been a "special buy" for their budget and many are under additional financial stress now. ...

Well yeah that's what I'm thinking too. All of the sudden, a lot of people with what they thought were disposable funds may not find them so 'disposable' any more. Few less COB's out their perhaps in the next cycle.

But yeah that's enough OT for now

#1433 8 days ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Why am I seeing Mermaid Fathom available for purchase again?
Maybe someone canceled?
Strange.

Must have been only one. Out of stock again.

#1434 8 days ago

My daughter has been binge watching this Australian show for some time now. Must be some kind of connection with Australia and Mermaids.

H20 Mermaids (resized).jpg
#1435 8 days ago

Is Nitro the only place to order one for North America? Do they still have inventory? I see you can add to cart on the their website so I'm guessing yes...?

#1436 8 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Is Nitro the only place to order one for North America? Do they still have inventory? I see you can add to cart on the their website so I'm guessing yes...?

Yes

#1437 8 days ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

My daughter has been binge watching this Australian show for some time now. Must be some kind of connection with Australia and Mermaids.
[quoted image]

We do a a couple of miles of nice beaches available to them to congregate.

#1438 8 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

https://www.greatamericanpinball.com/product-page/fathom-pinball-machine-mermaid-edition-deposit-only

#1440 8 days ago

Wow. $4000 non refundable deposit. Am I reading that correctly? I paid $1500 AUD deposit.

C0FF1412-A99D-42D6-95B4-E90FDCCA1B77 (resized).png
#1441 7 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wow. $4000 non refundable deposit. Am I reading that correctly? I paid $1500 AUD deposit.
[quoted image]

Also isn't that USD? ...

So 1500 > 5500

#1442 7 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Me too and I'm glad I bought in during the limited time window.
pasted_image (resized).png

#1443 7 days ago

So july is almost over…. Hoping we have a haggis video update soon!

#1444 7 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

I guess GAP wants some money down to hold the game as well as Haggis? From what I've seen, GAP seems to price things at a premium. I haven't personally had any dealings with them, and maybe they're great to work with...but when I've checked prices on their website, they always seem to be high.

#1445 7 days ago

#1446 7 days ago

We agree

563B47AC-7901-4C8F-BF67-8B2D9C8FFACA_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#1447 7 days ago

LOL i was replying to a previous comment but then realised i misread the post, hence the .

#1448 7 days ago

I know, I just like Muppets

#1449 7 days ago

We agree [quoted image]

dont you be posting pics of mark and me in your thread fella

#1450 7 days ago

$11500 AUD (Haggis Fathom ME price) is around $8500 USD at today’s exchange rate.
Great American Pinball price is $9000 USD so theres a little increase in cost.
Not too bad I suppose for a “sold out” Haggis preorder.

There are 1486 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside