image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 156.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Looks like I'm way up the chain at #232. Guess I'll go back to sleep for a while till they get to it.

Hey Man, #202 We can pick up together......road trip lol

Quoted from sixgill:

#233, and you're just up the coast neighbour!

And I’m in the middle, looks like us south coast guys like the #200 numbers.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Actual sailing time from Melbourne to LA is only 2 weeks assuming it’s direct. Then all the fluffing around at each end - probably another 2 weeks. I’d say 4-6 weeks worse case.

I’ve had games arrive after 30 days previously. Jason’s last container bypassed Brissy and off loaded in Melbourne then railed containers back up. Took about 45days from departure. He was saying Covid had made a mess of international shipping but it is getting back on track. Hope so I’ve got 3 on the next boat, uggh!

You’d probably know more than me Mark as to current times.

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey Man, #202 We can pick up together......road trip lol

And I’m in the middle, looks like us south coast guys like the #200 numbers.

And complete the whole 'now we know what it feels like to pick up a pin fresh from the factory' American style experience

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’ve had games arrive after 30 days previously. Jason’s last container bypassed Brissy and off loaded in Melbourne then railed containers back up. Took about 45days from departure. He was saying Covid had made a mess of international shipping but it is getting back on track. Hope so I’ve got 3 on the next boat, uggh!
You’d probably know more than me Mark as to current times.

Yeh, Covid is making a mess of everything so who knows. It’s quite novel actually exporting containers out of Australia, so may be cheaper and quicker since it’s mostly backloading on empty ships. Having said that, I doubt there’d be enough volume to fill a ship just from Melbourne - thinking it’ll either stop along the Australian coast to fill up, and/or stop in Auckland also. That’ll obviously increase shipping times dramatically.

#1255 2 years ago

Just want mine (number 28) shipped to Geelong

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Just want mine (number 28) shipped to Geelong

If I lived in Geelong I would happily drive to Melbourne to pick my machine up.
lol I'm thinking about driving from Taree to pick it up in my Brumby.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I have a Proton Jumbuck that would do the job.

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Then you don't get to have a chat to Bill though.

#1259 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Probably run into him at the factory.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

I have a Proton Jumbuck that would do the job.</blockquotEither of them comfortable

Either will comfortable fit 1 pin in the back. Stops us from buying too many.

#1261 2 years ago

I picked up some fake Tim Tams today.

C241FA5E-BE34-41D6-888C-E264FEF65FFF (resized).jpegC241FA5E-BE34-41D6-888C-E264FEF65FFF (resized).jpeg
#1262 2 years ago

2021-06-14 15.14.46.png2021-06-14 15.14.46.png

On Special! AU$2.75 pk

#1264 2 years ago

please-please-child (resized).jpgplease-please-child (resized).jpg

#1265 2 years ago

Just caught up on this thread.

Truly great work from Haggis and a commendation in recognising the value in appealing to a global pinball market and being transparent and honest with their progress.

What a fantastic thread that finally presents the true Australian pinball scene demographics on pinside.

#1266 2 years ago

Tim Tams lol. I've never clamoured for them myself, but so many go mad for them. I used to love Fudge coated Oreos but kind of got over them them they brought out Cadbury Choc Coated Oreos here. I just want good 'ol Chips Ahoy back that we used to have till couple of years back, they leave all of the choc chips available well behind! Right now I have to buy them on ebay or Catch.com. Don't mind a Pepperidge Farm Nantucket Choc Chip either just quietly

#1267 2 years ago

Hi folks, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere... but do we have any indications of which other classics haggis will be reviving?
Thanks!

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Hi folks, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere... but do we have any indications of which other classics haggis will be reviving?
Thanks!

Only speculation at this point. It is all but assured that Centaur will be one.

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Thanks!

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Only speculation at this point. It is all but assured that Centaur will be one.

500 le's needed imo

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

I’m pretty sure we won’t be getting any of the wide bodies for the next four themes. Damian said in an email that they might consider smaller runs of a few after these five.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

other classics haggis will be reviving?

Yup, lets hear that Haggis has finished up their 200 Celts and production of Fathom has begun.

Put me down for a Paragon or Centaur.

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Getting a little quiet in here, how about some relaxing music while we wait... need to see if I can add these to my 2.0 game...

Please no, don't ever ruin a good game with terrible music like this.

#1274 2 years ago

I reckon Klondike would be a good remake as part of the five.Was a favourite when wagging school.

#1275 2 years ago

For those pushing for a centaur, the waf is super low on that one, so it may not sell as good as one may think. 8db with multi ball as 2.0 seems more obvious to me.

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

For those pushing for a centaur, the waf is super low on that one, so it may not sell as good as one may think. 8bd with multi ball as 2.0 seems more obvious to me.

#1277 2 years ago

Speakeasy, Skateball , Hot doggin , Centaur , Strikes and Spares , EBD, Flash Gordon

ALL THESE ARE CLASSIC BALLY

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

For those pushing for a centaur, the waf is super low on that one, so it may not sell as good as one may think. 8db with multi ball as 2.0 seems more obvious to me.

Bring on Centaur! Fortunately for me, all pinball games are pretty much the same to my wife (she doesn't care), so WAF isn't a concern.

#1279 2 years ago

I have spent the last few days in Melbourne & yesterday afternoon I had the good fortune to visit Haggis Pinball at the new factory. Damian & Martin happily welcomed my son in law & I & showed us around. I was impressed with what they have achieved a month after moving in & with the manufacturing equipment Damian has accumulated it is easy to see that with his commitment & obvious passion he is here to stay.
I ordered a Celts last year & a Fathom recently so I am in for 2 machines that I had never seen, from a new manufacturer setting up a new factory.... am I crazy! I have followed blind faith & a gut feeling & after my visit yesterday all I can say is I am very happy! I had a close looked at the Celts being assembled & quite simply I thought they were better than what I was expecting. I have a good eye for detail having done my own restos, swapped playfields, done cabinet decals etc and I thought these are really well made. Every bit as well built as my AP Hotwheels, probably better. So much of it is made in house. Damian makes many of the brackets etc under the playfield, the plastics, even the plastic inserts in the playfield etc. I really like the hybrid playfield, I like the cabinet construction etc. I couldn't find anything I didn't like. And of course, I looked at the Fathom prototype and I loved it! I have reached a whole new level of excitement now & can't wait to get Celts when it's finished in the next month or 2. When I first put a deposit on it I thought I would get one & if I didn't like it I would flip it but after looking at it yesterday I'm sure it will be coming home to stay. After I will anxiously awaiting my own beautiful Fathom.

20210624_172140 (resized).jpg20210624_172140 (resized).jpg20210624_172244 (resized).jpg20210624_172244 (resized).jpg20210624_173659 (resized).jpg20210624_173659 (resized).jpg20210624_173712 (resized).jpg20210624_173712 (resized).jpg20210624_173721 (resized).jpg20210624_173721 (resized).jpg20210624_173748 (resized).jpg20210624_173748 (resized).jpg20210624_173903 (resized).jpg20210624_173903 (resized).jpg20210624_173912 (resized).jpg20210624_173912 (resized).jpg20210624_173943 (resized).jpg20210624_173943 (resized).jpg
#1280 2 years ago

#1281 2 years ago

Great post, thank you. I too am excited for my Celts as it is a tribute to my Dad and a funny, original theme.
Also very , very proud to support a start up Aussie manufacturer. They( most ) said it couldn't be done, Go HAGGIS.
I too have a feel good for Damian and co. they all seem like stand up people and want to share the stoke.
Wish there was more videos and/ or correspondence on progress. But considering Vic is in Corona lockdown still, I am happy to see they are still kicking goals.
p.s. Damo, would like and ETA for CELTS as I really want to show it off to my fellow freaks in W.A.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I have reached a whole new level of excitement now & can't wait to get Celts when it's finished in the next month or 2.

Does this mean Fathom production may be pushed back if you’re expecting that time to receive your celts?
I’m happy to wait an extra month or two as a few purchases lately have been quite expensive.

#1283 2 years ago

Sounds like no way they will start Fathom production in July from what has been posted.

#1284 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Does this mean Fathom production may be pushed back if you’re expecting that time to receive your celts?
I’m happy to wait an extra month or two as a few purchases lately have been quite expensive.

One might speculate the two projects will overlap...

Celts could still be in the assembly and finishing stages... while Fathom is in the sub-assembly and parts manufacturing stages. Etc.. So fathom 'starting' may be before celts 'finishes'

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Sounds like no way they will start Fathom production in July from what has been posted.

I believe they will start some part of Manufacturing of Fathom in July. Whether it be mechs, C&C playfields, cabinet parts whatever. The factory to me is about half way being ready but work is going on regardless. All I can say is.. what an effort in 1 month!

#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

So am I. I would rather wait a little longer to get a machine I am really happy with. I don't think Damian will let anything leave there unless he is happy with it also.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I too have a feel good for Damian and co. they all seem like stand up people and want to share the stoke.
Wish there was more videos and/ or correspondence on progress. But considering Vic is in Corona lockdown still, I am happy to see they are still kicking goals.

Yes. Real nice guys passionate about what they are doing.

Expect a new video in the near future.

#1288 2 years ago

The communication and transparency via regular updates from Haggis has been outstanding so far. I expect this type of communication to continue even when they have unexpected setbacks, which eventually all business do. My guess is a Haggis update from Damian coming soon, probably around the first of July.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

One might speculate the two projects will overlap...
Celts could still be in the assembly and finishing stages... while Fathom is in the sub-assembly and parts manufacturing stages. Etc.. So fathom 'starting' may be before celts 'finishes'

I think your spot on with that assessment from what I have seen.

#1290 2 years ago

Has anyone figured out what the cost of a Classic will be including shipping to USA/Florida? Not that the price isn't still a show stopper for me. I literally hate chrome armor and the updated rules don't excite me, so was never a mermaid buyer to begin with. Every once in a while I get a twinge telling me to buy a classic despite the fact that it's priced at least 50% higher than I think it should be...and that is before shipping. Maybe if I get a bottom line cost with shipping, it will finally push me out of the game for real!

#1291 2 years ago

It's mirror polished stainless on the mermaids and brushed stainless on the classics. The cost in aussie dollars is <= a stern pro, so i don't know how it could get 50% cheaper.

#1292 2 years ago

Has anyone ordered the playfield non-dimpling Haggis proprietary coating option?

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone figured out what the cost of a Classic will be including shipping to USA/Florida?

All US machines will ship from Planetary Pinball in Reno/Sparks, Nevada to your location. No overseas shipping fees, so normal shipping cost.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's mirror polished stainless on the mermaids and brushed stainless on the classics. The cost in aussie dollars is <= a stern pro, so i don't know how it could get 50% cheaper.

$7360 US dollars for a single level remake game with no ramps before shipping? MB classic was much cheaper and think of how much more game there is there. Just saying this should be more like $5000 at the most for a Classic. And by the way, I didn't say it should be 50% cheaper, I said it was 50% too expensive. Big difference.

#1295 2 years ago

So go halves in one with a mate. Problem solved.

#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So go halves in one with a mate. Problem solved.

Haha, as I mentioned it's still possible that I'll pull the trigger because I want a nice Fathom that badly! I've been hoping for years that CGC would make some of these classic games once MM, AFM, MB and CC were out of the way. It appears that's not going to happen and Fathom is the game at the top of my classic Bally list. I can order a Mando Premium for cheaper or maybe a Godzilla, so there is that consideration too.

#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just saying this should be more like $5000 at the most for a Classic.

Looking at the playfield layout. Return lane stuff. Two drop target banks, polished ball lane guides. I don't think it could be done for $5K.

Mirrored backglass too, isn't it ? Not a translite.

LTG : )

#1298 2 years ago

You must really know your shit if you can figure out the manufacturing cost in another country for a bill of materials from unknown suppliers and then know what the pricing structure should be to keep a fledgling company afloat and pay back development and ongoing costs in one of the most expensive cities in Australia.

I can't compete with that. I only know that the Fathom Classic is the same price as a Stern poput pro here and the Mermaid is the more that a thousand dollars cheaper than a Stern Premium, but i get free delivery instead of paying $300. They are also doing free delivery stateside to your distributor, which no US company does for us over here as far as i'm aware.

Despite the welcome lack of ramps it's still a pinball machine that needs to be built.

A GnRle is $16,850au ex Melbourne here. A Mermaid is $11,500 delivered. Is that 50% less expensive?

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

A GnRle is $16,850au ex Melbourne here. A Mermaid is $11,500 delivered. Is that 50% less expensive?

I guess I should have never given a percentage and should have given a dollar value because percentages are different depending on which way you are comparing. Doing the math on your numbers Mermaid is 32% less expensive then GNRLE. On the other hand, if you look at it the opposite way, GNRLE is 47% more expensive than Mermaid.

Personally I would rather have the Fathom no matter what the price, because GNR game play bores me and I don't like the music.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I picked up some fake Tim Tams today.
[quoted image]

Be careful posting that photo on Pinside. You may get a Cease and Desist letter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.