image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 157.
#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

If you think those other two are 'Majors' in audience than go right ahead, I think the measurements would disagree but what do I know hey, I'm just the bloke who tried to help you when bought my Houdini had all those issues all of sudden with it .

LMFAO How did I know I was also going to have to state that I was NOT referring to PARTICIPATION, but audiences ... Many participate in the US too. Participation is high thanks so many parents being too scared to let their kiddies play contact sport. I used to play it too, at age 7-8 till I got bored with it and never watched a game since like a lot of people who played it as kids. Basketball is exactly the same since it doesn't have the contact sport issues associated with it. The A-League was so popular with TV audiences, it ended up only broadcast on PayTV and streaming.

I think the majority of kids that participate in soccer when they’re at school, will also grow up to watch soccer. I played Union as a kid and watch it now. In Europe most kids play soccer and naturally grow up to watch it when they’re older. It’ll be the same here.

#1102 2 years ago

I read the first page about whether this game is a Jaws rip off or another shark movie theme.
Go to page 23 and it is a discussion on kids playing soccer.

Hmmm.

Without reading the other 22 pages of this thread, is the game like the original or not?

#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I read the first page about whether this game is a Jaws rip off or another shark movie theme.
Go to page 23 and it is a discussion on kids playing soccer.
Hmmm.
Without reading the other 22 pages of this thread, is the game like the original or not?

You missed the cooking section too!

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

It's a remake of the orginal with modern day improvements. There's plenty of pictures and information out there if you don't want to read this thread.

Link to TWIP article.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

#1105 2 years ago

Ok mate, settle down. I said i wasn't going to argue with you. It's not as important to me as it is to you.

Thanks for the Houdini i still have it and enjoy it.

#1106 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ok mate, settle down. I said i wasn't going to argue with you. It's not as important to me as it is to you.
Thanks for the Houdini i still have it and enjoy it.

Lol, man you are an interesting dude, just as per what Bill mentioned when he picked up Houdini. I wasn't arguing by any stretch, it's just off topic banter mate, seriously . Oh and seems you haven't grasped how to quote previous posts. fortunately this thread isn't million miles an hour or you can easily miss specific replies if not quoted.

Very pleased you're still enjoying Houdini, I haven't had any interest in the other AP titles since that one myself. It wasn't bad, but just not enough to stay in my collection long term.

Now back to how awesome Fathom is going be

#1107 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Oh and seems you haven't grasped how to quote previous posts. fortunately this thread isn't million miles an hour or you can easily miss specific replies if not quoted.

Not.

#1108 2 years ago

Congratulations on the sold out!!!

BD5062B2-3AFD-4419-A68A-06E9121EDD56 (resized).jpegBD5062B2-3AFD-4419-A68A-06E9121EDD56 (resized).jpeg
#1109 2 years ago

Or do you like to pass a comment back minus the quote in the hopes of people still linking it to the OP but hoping the poster doesn't notice it and comment back

#1110 2 years ago

Back on point ...

Fathom (resized).pngFathom (resized).png

#1111 2 years ago

So when do we get a stream of this?

#1112 2 years ago

Probably a little while. I’m guessing they gotta crank out those Celts orders first.

#1113 2 years ago

A fantastic Australian baseball player closed out the game I went to tonight. Cheers Liam Hendricks! Admittedly, very little to do with Fathom and/or Haggis.

#1114 2 years ago

Hey it’s aussie related so all good Chisox go team Haggis.

#1115 2 years ago

So, I'm loving the mash up of American Bally Fathom being made by Haggis in Australia.
You guys have any Aussie drink recommendations for me for when I get this game? I'm a beer, whiskey and vodka drinker but also open to try something original.

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So, I'm loving the mash up of American Bally Fathom being made by Haggis in Australia.
You guys have any Aussie drink recommendations for me for when I get this game? I'm a beer, whiskey and vodka drinker but I'd also like to try something original.

Crock Juice perhaps

#1118 2 years ago

FYI guys nitro pinball still has some mermaid editions available, you can put the deposit right through their site. Damien confirmed with me that they will ship these to the US

#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Crock Juice perhaps

Croc Piss instead?

Troy at FNQ Spirits is a great bloke and all his spirits are made on my equipment. Go Stilldragon!

https://www.fnqspirits.com.au/

DSCF9342[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9342[1] (resized).jpg

We are a rum loving nation.

#1120 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

102 years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmite
We make Heinken here under license, but we don't call it an Aussie beer....

duh, everyone knows fosters is the offical beer of

Quoted from Mr68:

You guys have any Aussie drink recommendations for me for when I get this game? I'm a beer, whiskey and vodka drinker but also open to try something original.

Fosters!!!

J/k Aussies I know...I know

PS try the aussie hot sauce called "shit the bed" its delicious!

#1121 2 years ago

I drink (way too much) Coopers. It's the largest independently family owned brewery in Australia.

Plus they make proper ales, not stinkin' lagers.

beer3 (resized).jpgbeer3 (resized).jpg

#1122 2 years ago

Bundaberg rum is real Aussie fighting juice. They also do a nice solero, high end if you are a rum snob .

#1123 2 years ago

Beyond being a fabulous remake of a Bally classic, I think the Fathom Revisited game may appeal to me, as a Seattle area resident, on a subliminal level as well.

1. It's blue and green - traditional colors here (see Seahawks and Mariners team uniforms)

2. The Haggis logos remind me of that of a longtime Seattle landmark - Ivar's seafood restaurants

Haggis logo (resized).JPGHaggis logo (resized).JPG
Haggis logo 2 (resized).JPGHaggis logo 2 (resized).JPG
Ivars (resized).JPGIvars (resized).JPG

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bundaberg rum is real Aussie fighting juice. They also do a nice solero, high end if you are a rum snob .

once its into my coffee its all rum to me

#1125 2 years ago

Bundaberg rum is real Aussie fighting juice. ...

Tony Sopranos's favorite beverage in the "world under glass" on my Sopranos game too!

Bundaberg truck (resized).jpgBundaberg truck (resized).jpg

#1126 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I drink (way too much) Coopers. It's the largest independently family owned brewery in Australia.
[quoted image]

Any man that buys his beer by the pallet is destined to be a friend of mine.

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Any man that buys his beer by the pallet is destined to be a friend of mine.

Wasn't you that was coming to mine and then we were heading across the pond to rotordave s place was it?

$500 cheaper that way and i only have to go to the bottlo every 3 months.

#1128 2 years ago

Unfortunately the REAL Aussie Bogan is in a slow death due to PC culture.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

anaethetic (resized).pnganaethetic (resized).pngb lizard (resized).pngb lizard (resized).pngbogan (resized).jpgbogan (resized).jpgbundy (resized).pngbundy (resized).pngcelebrate rum (resized).jpegcelebrate rum (resized).jpegcroc rum (resized).jpgcroc rum (resized).jpgdark mate (resized).jpgdark mate (resized).jpgdeath (resized).jpgdeath (resized).jpgferal (resized).jpgferal (resized).jpggirl rum (resized).jpggirl rum (resized).jpgmade me  (resized).jpgmade me (resized).jpgmen rum (resized).jpgmen rum (resized).jpgrum mate (resized).jpgrum mate (resized).jpgrum men (resized).jpgrum men (resized).jpgrum pig (resized).pngrum pig (resized).pngrum spider (resized).pngrum spider (resized).pngtrust (resized).jpgtrust (resized).jpg
#1129 2 years ago

I used to be proud of the bogans a few years ago too.

Was not exceptionally proud when i read firefighters arrived during Munich's Oktoberfest to put out a big fire the aussie contingent started and were driven away again Aussies throwing bottles.

#1130 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I used to be proud of the bogans a few years ago too.
Was not exceptionally proud when i read firefighters arrived during Munich's Oktoberfest to put out a big fire the aussie contingent started and were driven away again Aussies throwing bottles.

thats not a true bogan, thats being a dickhead backpacker

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Cooper's Pale Ale for beer. I love rum too but whatever you do make sure you don't drink Bundaberg Rum, pure molassesy filth. There are quite a few small makers emerging now whom I'm sure are pretty good, but I just haven't gotten around to trying them over my penchant for Caribbean rum as yet. You could have look here though for ideas and then see if they are sold in the US : https://www.nicks.com.au/store/spirits-liqueurs/rum-cachaca?dir=desc&order=score&region_country=13013

Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

You beat me to it. Coopers all the way man! Just give me the original good'ol pale ale, green label. I admire that they are making efforts to keep up with craft brewing hipster market with all the more recent varieties though!

ci-coopers-original-pale-ale-523941770addc22a (resized).jpegci-coopers-original-pale-ale-523941770addc22a (resized).jpeg

#1132 2 years ago

Its just a matter of time before any Aussie thread turns to beer

#1133 2 years ago

Wasn't us t started it this time though.

I think Inner Circle is the best of our navy rums, but for me when i drink a rum nowadays it's a Ron Zacapa solera 23 over an ice cube.

Zacapa-Solera-23-Rum (resized).jpgZacapa-Solera-23-Rum (resized).jpg

#1134 2 years ago

Tbh Mount Gay is a great rum

#1135 2 years ago

Excellent rum for it's price bracket, for sure. Leaves Bundy for dead, any of the Caribbean ones will.

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

2. The Haggis logos remind me of that of a longtime Seattle landmark - Ivar's seafood restaurants

Damn! Now I want Ivars!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1137 2 years ago

Anyone have any indication (or semi informed guess) as to when we will get emails/ numbers.

Not in a rush-- but kind of excited to find out!!

#1138 2 years ago

Bundy now has a huge range to appeal to all tastes and the brewed soft drinks aren't bad either

#1139 2 years ago

Ale's are completely over-rated - any dickhead can whip up a hipster Ale in their garage. Thats why there's 5000 varieties at the local bottlo. Pilsner or other hoppy Lagers are the way to go. Too hard to make for the average brewer though.

#1140 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Anyone have any indication (or semi informed guess) as to when we will get emails/ numbers.
Not in a rush-- but kind of excited to find out!!

Damon responded to my email on Monday asking that same question. He said that they were trying to get that information out within the next couple of days and certainly by end of the week.

#1141 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ale's are completely over-rated - any dickhead can whip up a hipster Ale in their garage. Thats why there's 5000 varieties at the local bottlo. Pilsner or other hoppy Lagers are the way to go. Too hard to make for the average brewer though.

Well, that's one view of the history of beer.

I have to agree that a well made pilsner can be refreshing, as can an IPL. Summers afternoon in a beachside beer garden, sure. One. Maybe two if they are good.

But i couldn't drink that clean lolly water all day. I like to chew my beer and it is a major part of my diet. No-one's ever lived on lager alone, unlike ale.

#1142 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, that's one view of the history of beer.
I have to agree that a well made pilsner can be refreshing, as can an IPL. Summers afternoon in a beachside beer garden, sure. One. Maybe two if they are good.
But i couldn't drink that clean lolly water all day. I like to chew my beer and it is a major part of my diet. No-one's ever lived on lager alone, unlike ale.

Just stirring the pot punkin .

Of course if it’s a choice between an ale or no beer, there is no question…..Ale all the way.

#1143 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Its just a matter of time before any Aussie thread turns to beer

Maybe because every person from Australia I've met at pinball shows is friendly and the kind of person you'd like to have a beer with.

LTG : )

#1144 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe because every person from Australia I've met at pinball shows is friendly and the kind of person you'd like to have a beer with.
LTG : )

Might be time for you to come down here LTG. Brisbane 2022?

#1145 2 years ago

Bundaberg Rum is a shocker....embarrassing as hell...

Scotch, well Scotland has it nailed.

Agree with above re craft beer...my god what a joke and the joke is still running. Must have beard, short back and sides and arse hanger jeans to match. Split window Vw or a Postie motorbike cafe racer conversion a bonus!

Could say Fosters for beer...but they added 4 hrs to the process and renamed it Crown lager ( fact!)...Plus it tastes like shit.

So it's just what you like, but all the home brew is tripe on all guises.

My personal faves...

Beer...Asahi Black
Scotch....Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Rum....Eldorado 15yo

And the occasional Cab Sav...

Cheers!

#1146 2 years ago

Unfortunately the REAL Aussie Bogan is in a slow death due to PC culture.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ripper post mate!!

Quoted from KJS:

Bundaberg Rum is a shocker....embarrassing as hell...

Lol Yep Bundy is kinda like Vegimite, some love it with a passion while some loathe it with a passion!

#1147 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Scotch, well Scotland has it nailed.

Don't tell the Tasmanians, they think they are winning world class medals. Sullivan's Cove believe they are the only distillery in the world to win worlds Best Single Malt twice.
Don't shatter their delusions.

Captureb (resized).PNGCaptureb (resized).PNG

#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

once its into my coffee its all rum to me

*it's

#1149 2 years ago

Anyone of at Haggis enjoy Trailer Park Boys from Canada or Tiger King from the US?

#1150 2 years ago

Waaait a minute!?! ... s'that someone channeling Homepin!??

Gramma' nazis I'm All Four It!

Also maths. Maths is awesome especially triggernometry!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/23?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.