432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 156.
#1001 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

And while I'm having a good old motherland whinge Lol ....
The other thing I would have probably thought about another way ... the coin door.
Is 4 pieces of angle ... and a hinge strip ... .... oh never mind. ha ha
I still bought it (deposit) even though I think the coin door looks horrible and clunky and out of place. There I said it.
I feel better now.

You're not wrong, I love the classic looking Bally coin door... I believe Fathom had the SBA sticker on it too.

#1002 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

And while I'm having a good old motherland whinge Lol ....
The other thing I would have probably thought about another way ... the coin door.
Is 4 pieces of angle ... and a hinge strip ... .... oh never mind. ha ha
I still bought it (deposit) even though I think the coin door looks horrible and clunky and out of place. There I said it.
I feel better now.

#1003 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bacon
and what goes with bacon? more bacon

25F52C03-7046-4D98-B86E-57D9A682E309 (resized).jpeg25F52C03-7046-4D98-B86E-57D9A682E309 (resized).jpeg
#1004 2 years ago

Ya we already ship a lot of pins from the US and Canada just rather not go through the pain or expense. Our arcade might even receive all of them and distribute to all Canadian owners if it helps to get them direct. We aren’t Nitro and sell new machines but we do sell a lot of used machines and ship them everywhere in Canada so we have the experience to get it done. If the container was sent to a Canadian location I would pull the trigger but looks like there are not many left so us poor Canadians might have to suck it up and get them shipped from US. If there was a Pinsider on the border on Montana that person would be a busy guy as there is so many games that we would love to import in Canada.

Quoted from Mr68:

If I lived closer to the border I'd offer my Canadian friends to take delivery and they could pick it up later. A lot of extenuating details to complicate my idea no doubt. But if you have a friend or could find a trusted Pinsider in a neighboring northern US state near you, it could work out.
Plan #2. There is a great price break on shipping two games or more to the same location and that cost could be shared to make it economical for everybody. Shipping from Planetary Pinball in Nevada to Colorado where I am, is going to be cheap ($350?) and even better if we divide that cost. You arrange for pick at my place with the shipper of your choice after that.
Something to consider and you guys may even come up with a better way.
Lets go Haggis. I'm already impatient.

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The first part does not reflect reality. It is one of the demonstrable downsides to PF protectors, the crap that works its way in between from edges no matter how well fitted.

No - dust/dirt is what people complain about - and that level of movement isn’t going to cause any ball deflection the player needs to worry about. Besides having the hard surface above would avg any variation out anyway. Its a non issue today on the protectors that are purely floating and as thin as possible— it is not going go be a problem on a secured, heavier, more rigid layer

Quoted from razorsedge:

Glad you brought up distortion too, because that is exactly what posts will cause if clamped down onto loose plastic, even if it is 1/8" thick or whatever

Lol... i look forward to you trying to create displacement in acrylic by tightening your posts.

Issues with attachment points being off kilter causing pinching and concerns about being flat are addressed in their pattern/cutting for the plastic layer. And since it will be factory built, any mistakes can be addressed by qa - they don’t have to deal with varying playfield runs, sloppy prior builds etc like an aftermarket product install.

As long as their material is flat and doesn’t bow due to expansion- this is all perfectly manageable by production and should be stable in the customer’s hands.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - dust/dirt is what people complain about - and that level of movement isn’t going to cause any ball deflection the player needs to worry about. Besides having the hard surface above would avg any variation out anyway. Its a non issue today on the protectors that are purely floating and as thin as possible— it is not going go be a problem on a secured, heavier, more rigid layer

Lol... i look forward to you trying to create displacement in acrylic by tightening your posts.
Issues with attachment points being off kilter causing pinching and concerns about being flat are addressed in their pattern/cutting for the plastic layer. And since it will be factory built, any mistakes can be addressed by qa - they don’t have to deal with varying playfield runs, sloppy prior builds etc like an aftermarket product install.
As long as their material is flat and doesn’t bow due to expansion- this is all perfectly manageable by production and should be stable in the customer’s hands.

Pmsl

Okay mate, I get you don't -fathom- it

Never mind.

#1007 2 years ago

I wish all the companies would make coin doors an option. I don't need one and they look ugly. Just a thumblock for me to release the lockbar please.

STRAYA!

#1008 2 years ago

Well Damian confirmed #202 Mermaid Edition for me, more waiting

I’ve got 2 coming from the US as we speak sitting in a warehouse in LA waiting for a ship

And for what it’s worth I don’t like the coin door either but I guess it will grow on me or maybe if it’s universal size I can swap it out for something else. As long as it plays well that’s all that matters, but we do like to nitpick!

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Ya we already ship a lot of pins from the US and Canada just rather not go through the pain or expense. Our arcade might even receive all of them and distribute to all Canadian owners if it helps to get them direct. We aren’t Nitro and sell new machines but we do sell a lot of used machines and ship them everywhere in Canada so we have the experience to get it done. If the container was sent to a Canadian location I would pull the trigger but looks like there are not many left so us poor Canadians might have to suck it up and get them shipped from US. If there was a Pinsider on the border on Montana that person would be a busy guy as there is so many games that we would love to import in Canada.

I realise I'm not an ideal candidate but if I can help from Colorado I'd be glad to talk about it.

Another suggestion I will make; Maybe compose a Pinside thread or an ad to recruit someone in Montana or neighboring states.
Best wishes

#1010 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

And for what it’s worth I don’t like the coin door either but I guess it will grow on me or maybe if it’s universal size I can swap it out for something else. As long as it plays well matters mow but we like to nitpick!

I would have preferred they made Fathom in a traditional Bally Williams cabinet. No matter, I'm glad to be in.

#1011 2 years ago

pb31 (resized).jpgpb31 (resized).jpg

#1012 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I’m just jumping in here because I’m an Aussie too
Congrats to all buyers. Personally, I’m torn - and short of cash after LZ and GNR

Another reason I'm now happy to have skipped both those two Rock themed pins. Mermaid and now Mando (possibly LE).

#1013 2 years ago

Pop out Stern rather than GnR?

crazy_talk-672x372 (resized).jpgcrazy_talk-672x372 (resized).jpg

#1014 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well Damian confirmed #202 Mermaid Edition for me, more waiting

out of 202?!? Or you've got random number 202.

#1015 2 years ago

feel the stoke and pride

#1016 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

out of 202?!? Or you've got random number 202.

I was given a selection of numbers. I then sent some preference numbers and this one was the first he had available.

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I would have preferred they made Fathom in a traditional Bally Williams cabinet. No matter, I'm glad to be in.

Agree to both but with what I almost spent on a fully restored one recently this is only costing $1K more and everything is new so it became a no brainer for me. Was very impressed with Damian’s responses as previous posted so I’m not nervous anymore just excited now for the journey. I too am glad to be in.

#1018 2 years ago

Preorder available in Canada on nitropinball.com

#1019 2 years ago

feel the stoke and pride

Haggis pinball is certainly a labor of love. I am so happy to support this project. Aussies rock!

#1020 2 years ago

We have top men working on it right now. Who? Top Men.

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Helpful, but that's for Celts when they offered 3 different versions of the playfield. Fathom is seemingly only getting one option and I don't think it's been clarified if it's more like option 2 or 3 from that video.

So interestingly enough, in Haggis' latest video, the Creative Director states that their 'scratch resistant coating' is in fact a clear coat application... claiming it will play like any other playfield.

This is 'good news', but also slightly contradictory to prior info unless they have yet again changed their process since Celts' ordering. If their scratch resistant coating were a form of 2pac clear... why would they have offered three versions in Celts? It would make option #3 redundant to option #2.

That would explain another reason for lack of options on Fathom (besides simplification and just pushing your lead product) - but its interesting to hear their vaulted coating is possibly a resin on top.

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So interestingly enough, in Haggis' latest video, the Creative Director states that their 'scratch resistant coating' is in fact a clear coat application... claiming it will play like any other playfield.
This is 'good news', but also slightly contradictory to prior info unless they have yet again changed their process since Celts' ordering. If their scratch resistant coating were a form of 2pac clear... why would they have offered three versions in Celts? It would make option #3 redundant to option #2.
That would explain another reason for lack of options on Fathom (besides simplification and just pushing your lead product) - but its interesting to hear their vaulted coating is possibly a resin on top.

Yeah I also heard that in the video ...

Seems superfluous to clear coat acrylic?

PS guy had a nice line up of Ballys! A few clues there as to the next titles.

rd

#1023 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah I also heard that ....
rd

It's not to protect the acrylic but to give the playing surface the same coefficient of friction as a normal playfield.

#1024 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Seams like a good idea to me, no dimples or air work lifting / pooling but same feel as clear coated game, best of both worlds?

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Not superfluous- as the coating can be for other reasons like surface properties but certainly brings its own new issues.

The idea of spraying the acrylic verse using some form of impregnating or vapor/baked coating sounds unfun from a process/yield point of view.

#1026 2 years ago

Excited to real world test this!

Quoted from flynnibus:

Not superfluous- as the coating can be for other reasons like surface properties but certainly brings its own new issues.
The idea of spraying the acrylic verse using some form of impregnating or vapor/baked coating sounds unfun from a process/yield point of view.

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Excited to real world test this!

approx " 6 weeks " all being well , I and about 20 other blokes will let you know at the great DOLBY CELTS unboxing and thrashing!

#1028 2 years ago

approx " 6 weeks " all being well , I and about 20 other blokes will let you know at the great DOLBY CELTS unboxing and thrashing!

I'll be playing Aaron's DeprivedFallacy one up here as soon as it's here. Looking forward to it immensely, not least of all that it's a great day out to go to their place and we'll take a crew of Woopi Freeballers!

#1029 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'll be playing Aaron's DeprivedFallacy one up here as soon as it's here. Looking forward to it immensely, not least of all that it's a great day out to go to their place and we'll take a crew of Woopi Freeballers!

Sounds like a blast! Jealous

#1030 2 years ago

At least 220 MEs sold so far according to Damian. One day left to order.

#1031 2 years ago

They will all sell, no worries!

#1032 2 years ago

Less than 30 ME left.

#1033 2 years ago

Is there a gameplay video anywhere that I have missed?

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Less than 30 ME left.

With one day left seems unlikely to sell out if that’s true. Shame because it deserves to. Maybe some 2.0 gameplay video would help? They should just make the 250 anyway and sell the balance at a premium once this thing ships.

#1036 2 years ago

With greater than 90% gone, and still people cottoning on nearly too late, and I think shipping for Canada? ... it's pretty much done I rekon. By tomorrow people that delay the longest might find "sold out". Who knows.

The team video there: Centaur, Paragon, Viking. I think those 3 will be in the list to come.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

... The team video there: Centaur, Paragon, Viking. I think those 3 will be in the list to come.

I'll be surprised if they remake Paragon as it's a Super Widebody. Certainly worthy though - great game!

Centaur and Flash Gordon are tops on my list. I might even consider replacing my excellent EBD with a remake that has additional code.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'll be surprised if they remake Paragon as it's a Super Widebody. Certainly worthy though - great game!
Centaur and Flash Gordon are tops on my list. I might even consider replacing my excellent EBD with a remake that has additional code.

Flash Gordon without a doubt should be made. I actually believe if that was the first machine, they would have sold out in a “flash”.
Paragon would just be spectacular. That artwork is so incredible.
I’m cool with Centaur.
Frontier is also just a fantastic rule set and is one of those games that not everyone has put a lot of time on.
Evel Knievel would be top notch too.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Flash Gordon would be out of this world if they could get the rights to the film and soundtrack. There are so many goofy modes they could make from that movie. Sam Jones or Timothy Dalton would be great choices for creating the new call outs.

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Flash Gordon would be out of this world if they could get the rights to the film and soundtrack. There are so many goofy modes they could make from that movie. Sam Jones or Timothy Dalton would be great choices for creating the new call outs.

100% agreed! New Sam Jones call outs would blow everybody’s minds!! Make it happen Haggis!! This would be ……………… amazing!
I don’t know anybody that isn’t secretly in love with this game. It truly is a gem.
Centaur, for example, is a little more polarizing. Some people love it and there’s people that don’t like it because of the dark theme/artwork. Still great though.

#1041 2 years ago

Those repro playfield are inkjet or screened?

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

With one day left seems unlikely to sell out if that’s true. Shame because it deserves to. Maybe some 2.0 gameplay video would help? They should just make the 250 anyway and sell the balance at a premium once this thing ships.

I would suspect that as the numbers dwindle down to less than 30 if there is any left at the last hour, somebody like Planetary Pinball would step up and buy the remaining lot and just resale them. Haggis wouldn’t have lied that it’s the last day to buy from them, but technically they’d still be for sale (and wouldn’t last long after they start shipping I’d guess).

#1043 2 years ago

Haven't read thru this entire post, but I have a few questions:
1) How much (US) for Mermaid Edition shipped?
2) Where are these being shipped to?
3) What is the expected delivery date?
4) In the promo video, there is an '80's-style soundtrack in the background--is this the music that plays while in play? Can it be defeated via the menu options?
5) Is the backglass a translite or actual glass?
6) What is the warranty on this pin?

Thanks in advance!

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Planetary Pinball Supply in Nevada.

LTG : )

#1045 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, any idea on the other stuff?

#1046 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Sorry, just the one.

In this thread somewhere. Go to the top right where you can search this thread only. If someone doesn't know off the top of their head.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

A quick search on Google - Haggis Fathom pinball cost got this :

A remake of the Bally classic, Fathom, was announced by Haggis Pinball on April 26, 2021. Manufacturing is scheduled to begin on July 1st, with the plan to build 50 per month. Two editions will be built--Classic Edition ($9,500 AUD / $7,360 USD) and Mermaid Edition ($11,500 AUD / $8,900 USD).Apr 26, 2021

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Production due to start 1st July. Can’t remember how many per week they anticipate producing - its in an interview on Pinball Profile somewhere - I think it was 10 but will take time to ramp up obviously.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

Real back glass.

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

Haven't read thru this entire post, but I have a few questions:
1) How much (US) for Mermaid Edition shipped?
4) In the promo video, there is an '80's-style soundtrack in the background--is this the music that plays while in play? Can it be defeated via the menu options?
6) What is the warranty on this pin?
Thanks in advance!

1) unknown, the Haggis site charges in AUD so the price will fluctuate. LTG has posted approximate though
3) After July 1st. Production scheduled to start in July with a goal of 50 machines a month… one would assume they will wait to fill a container with all machines bound for the US so who knows when they’ll actually ship.
4)unknown
5)I haven’t read either way
6) warranty on the haggis website is quite lacking as the copy doesn’t represent what I think they sell…speaks of CD’s, VHS etc… weird… but it does say 30 days? https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=497

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

1) unknown,
6) warranty on the haggis website is quite lacking as the copy doesn’t represent what I think they sell…speaks of CD’s, VHS etc… weird… but it does say 30 days? https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=497

I think all that is about returns only. Nothing their about warranty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/21?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.