IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,791 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 156.
#901 2 years ago

HaggisPinball - I am all in for a Fathom and the series - machine number 030, can't wait.

Speaking of Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs, have you seen this reskin of Zaccaria Star God?

My friend Geoff from Pinball Perfection got this one from a skip bin! Unwanted prize I guess

185181761_489979505752959_7017230174165672483_n (resized).jpg185181761_489979505752959_7017230174165672483_n (resized).jpg185269513_1072918336449964_8017469262753664415_n (resized).jpg185269513_1072918336449964_8017469262753664415_n (resized).jpg
#902 2 years ago
Quoted from HaggisPinball:

It really all comes down to whether we can fill a container to go direct to Canada as it's a significant cost per machine for us and we are bearing some of it getting them to North America. I won't rule it out at this stage but if there are expressions of interest for more machines to Canada then that definitely helps with shipping costs.

Perhaps if you state something like "We currently have X Canadian sales. If we get up to Y sales we will ship a container to a Cdn Distributor (West coast is Nitro Pinball)."

You may encourage more Canadians to jump on board if we have a solution for shipping.

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Perhaps if you state something like "We currently have X Canadian sales. If we get up to Y sales we will ship a container to a Cdn Distributor (West coast is Nitro Pinball)."
You may encourage more Canadians to jump on board if we have a solution for shipping.

Isn't there trucks that go there? We ship all over our country too, Melbourne to Perth is 3,500 km's.

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Isn't there trucks that go there? We ship all over our country too, Melbourne to Perth is 3,500 km's.

The problem isn't just the distance, it's the border. Shippers gouge us when the bring stuff across the US border into Canada.

Planetary Pinball to the distributor = 2000km
Distributor (Vancouver BC) to Ottawa ON is 4400km.

Planetary Pinball direct to Ottawa ON is 4000km.

Shipping would still be much cheaper even with the greater distance if Haggis can ship a container to Vancouver BC and keep the end consumer shipment from Canada to Canada.

#905 2 years ago

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now. LCL may be an option?

I use LCL from China a lot. It's not as cheap as a full container, but it's much cheaper than air freight.

I use Stockwell's here for all my imports and exports, they are pinball people and a family owned business.

https://stockwells.com.au/

#906 2 years ago

I’m going to get dinged with taxes, no half way about that… but knowing the game was coming from BC and I’d only be paying for shipping from Nitro to Ontario would be ideal. No brokerage charges, no inflated shipping costs from the US, one company to deal with… just seems smoother for me Even better would be PlayerOne in Toronto, I could pick up for ‘free’ from there!

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’m going to get dinged with taxes, no half way about that… but knowing the game was coming from BC and I’d only be paying for shipping from Nitro to Ontario would be ideal. No brokerage charges, no inflated shipping costs from the US, one company to deal with… just seems smoother for me Even better would be PlayerOne in Toronto, I could pick up for ‘free’ from there!

So spread the word and let's get other canucks on board man!

#908 2 years ago

FYI...... In regard to Foreign Transaction fees.
I found out that one of my Capital One card has NO Foreign Transaction fees. So I will be changing my remaining balance when ready to that card!
So That I do NOT incur additional cost!

#909 2 years ago

Right Then!

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

FYI...... In regard to Foreign Transaction fees.
I found out that one of my Capital One card has NO Foreign Transaction fees. So I will be changing my remaining balance when ready to that card!
So That I do NOT incur additional cost!

Thanks for that tip. I will check out my other cards and see if any of them will do this.

#911 2 years ago

Thanks to all the information on shipping to Canada. We are working on a solution and hope to have some information to share in the next couple of days.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

So spread the word and let's get other canucks on board man!

With only 250 Mermaids, I suspect half going to Europe, 100 or so going to the States and an unusually greater than typical number remaining in Australia for national pride. I suspect only about 5 games going to Canada. This tends to be the usual proportion with other LEs. Containers need about 30 pins at least to fill up and be worth it. That said I hope I'm wrong and people come out in droves to support Haggis in this endeavor.

#913 2 years ago

Great feedback and updates from Haggis in this thread.

#914 2 years ago

If they can be shipped directly to Canada that might put me over the edge to pull the trigger on one.

Quoted from HaggisPinball:

Thanks to all the information on shipping to Canada. We are working on a solution and hope to have some information to share in the next couple of days.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

If they can be shipped directly to Canada that might put me over the edge to pull the trigger on one.

If I lived closer to the border I'd offer my Canadian friends to take delivery and they could pick it up later. A lot of extenuating details to complicate my idea no doubt. But if you have a friend or could find a trusted Pinsider in a neighboring northern US state near you, it could work out.

Plan #2. There is a great price break on shipping two games or more to the same location and that cost could be shared to make it economical for everybody. Shipping from Planetary Pinball in Nevada to Colorado where I am, is going to be cheap ($350?) and even better if we divide that cost. You arrange for pick at my place with the shipper of your choice after that.

Something to consider and you guys may even come up with a better way.

Lets go Haggis. I'm already impatient.

#916 2 years ago

Is that a viable option to deliver to a US location for our northern neighbors to come pick it up ? In any case I am fairly close for anyone Ontario/Ottawa... And have games on order already too.. Not sure what else would need to be worked out..

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Is that a viable option to deliver to a US location for our northern neighbors to come pick it up ? In any case I am fairly close for anyone Ontario/Ottawa... And have games on order already too.. Not sure what else would need to be worked out..

Yep, and we benefit from the cheaper shipping also. Win-Win.

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I could also help if needed. I am 40 Minutes from either Sarnia or Windsor Border. I have a ME plus series coming

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Right now it isn't an option with the boarders closed and no sign of them re-opening... but maybe come July they will be open again? I am curious to hear more from Haggis on the subject for sure.

#920 2 years ago

Less than a Container Load (LCL) is your savior guys. Damian will sort it out.

You don't need a full container, you can share with other stuff.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't need a full container, you can share with other stuff.

The leftover space could be filled with vegemite, tim tams and lolly gobbles with compliments from Oz!!

#922 2 years ago

Can't get to haggispinball.com?
Anyone else having this issue

#923 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

It resolved for me.

#924 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Seems a little slow right now, but works..

#925 2 years ago

Texas boy here. I just placed my order. I am very excited!

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Mermaid? What was the order number? They must be getting close to that magic number by now surely.

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Congrats, I'm glad to see orders still coming in despite the Mandalorian hype that's going on. Although I'm probably comparing apples to oranges on that one.

Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Mermaid? What was the order number? They must be getting close to that magic number by now surely.

Yes, I'm wondering your order or invoice number also. Only nine days left till the order window closes.

#928 2 years ago

I am big into reef tanks and love the look and theme of Fathom. I have actually never played the game but look forward to playing a brand new Haggis one. My invoice number was 336.

E6B4127D-71E9-4A51-9DC4-81FEA8EE5E38 (resized).jpegE6B4127D-71E9-4A51-9DC4-81FEA8EE5E38 (resized).jpeg
#929 2 years ago

I have tanks too, but the water is in bowls.

snake30 (resized).jpgsnake30 (resized).jpg

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks for the explanation. I understand now. LCL may be an option?
I use LCL from China a lot. It's not as cheap as a full container, but it's much cheaper than air freight.
I use Stockwell's here for all my imports and exports, they are pinball people and a family owned business.
https://stockwells.com.au/

I use PCFS.com.au .They're top guys and have looked after my pinball imports from the US. Handled my TWD premium import a little while back brilliant, very quick for Sea, fast clearance, and excellent rates. Used to use Shipporter but their rates can't compete.

#931 2 years ago

This is an art piece purchase but damn, it certainly is tempting.

#934 2 years ago

So does that mean only Fathom is getting the hybrid play field? 1m36
Rest of classic series normal?? Or am I completely off the mark.

#935 2 years ago

I know that another mermaid sold last night hybrid play field only for all Fathom including classic which will be a more viable option to buy and or operate.
When you join clan Haggis , you get a phone holder which is a sample of the acrylic. It is tough and very glass looking. These new hybrids pushed me into the Celts initially and now the series.
Hoping for a real winner.
This bloke and his crew of madmen are very open and if you take the time you will see the ingenuity and progress they are bringing to the game, let alone being very boutique and totally unique.
Can’t compare this mob to any other manufacturers IMO as I am sure you will see a very diverse business model as time goes on.
No sooking and moving to China/Taiwan. I hope

#936 2 years ago

I’m in on an ME so 100% on board. Can’t wait.

#937 2 years ago

Love the enthusiasm in his updates. Getting excited to be behind this and in for the journey. Hopefully can get down and visit the factory once it’s up and running and producing Fathoms.

#938 2 years ago
Quoted from Jumpydoctor:

So does that mean only Fathom is getting the hybrid play field? 1m36
Rest of classic series normal?? Or am I completely off the mark.

To me he was just saying that Fathom only available with the hybrid playfield. Suggesting that all to follow will be the same deal as that. Centaur only available with hybrid playfield, so on, so on.

#939 2 years ago

He has stated all the Classic series will only be in hybrid pf - no options.

#940 2 years ago

If this hybrid playfield plays well and holds up I can see other manufacturers taking notice. Will eliminate all the playfield issues at present.

#941 2 years ago

Yo Damo!
If you want to sell all 250 just release some sexy game play footage. I know you have some!

#942 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:If this hybrid playfield plays well and holds up I can see other manufacturers taking notice. Will eliminate all the playfield issues at present.

I love the idea. and i am in on a ME.

This week in pinball May 17, 2021

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-5-17-21-the-mandalorian-reveal-george-gomez-talks-dimples-and-alternative-materials-and-alien-streams/

"On dimpling and materials, and polycarbonate and the thickness of it and how that changes targets and gameplay:"

"George Gomez: You can make it work, those guys in Europe put the plastic on the playfields, which by the way I think is absolutely atrocious. We spend so much time trying to make a pinball machine feel the way it does and shoot the way it does. And then these guys come and add a sixteenth of an inch and everybody says “oh, it’s just a couple millimeters”…yeah I know, but the position of your drop target or your standup target or your ramp flap, whatever, relative to the – you didn’t move the target up, so the ball is hitting the target at a different place, at a different height…[and] on the plastic, the ball tends to slide as opposed to roll on certain shots. When it skips, forget about it…it is a wild ball. That is the issue with the polycarbonate solution."

#943 2 years ago

George is mostly talking about playfield protectors, it sounds like.

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

George is mostly talking about playfield protectors, it sounds like.

I think your correct. the couple of millimeters that George speaks of, through me off. the playfield protectors are only 0.5mm (0.02‘‘) thickness. and not the thickness of a couple of millimeters.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-5-17-21-the-mandalorian-reveal-george-gomez-talks-dimples-and-alternative-materials-and-alien-streams/
"On dimpling and materials, and polycarbonate and the thickness of it and how that changes targets and gameplay:"
"George Gomez: You can make it work, those guys in Europe put the plastic on the playfields, which by the way I think is absolutely atrocious. We spend so much time trying to make a pinball machine feel the way it does and shoot the way it does. And then these guys come and add a sixteenth of an inch and everybody says “oh, it’s just a couple millimeters”…yeah I know, but the position of your drop target or your standup target or your ramp flap, whatever, relative to the – you didn’t move the target up, so the ball is hitting the target at a different place, at a different height…[and] on the plastic, the ball tends to slide as opposed to roll on certain shots. When it skips, forget about it…it is a wild ball. That is the issue with the polycarbonate solution."

Australia ain’t in Europe, so GG isn’t referring to Haggis.

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Australia ain’t in Europe, so GG isn’t referring to Haggis.

Got it. I missed that.

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

He was talking about playfield protectors for sure. At the end, he mentioned the ball sliding as opposed to rolling on poly vs wood, but that's a weak argument. There are differences between dirty playfields vs clean, waxed vs non-waxed, mylared vs non-mylared, regular rubber vs silicone, dual wound flipper coils vs single, etc.

I expect the poly to have a slightly different feel - but I'm also expecting it to have a different look and durability too.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yo Damo!
If you want to sell all 250 just release some sexy game play footage. I know you have some!

Not sure why zero game play footage if he wants to sell out in 6 days time??

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

At the end, he mentioned the ball sliding as opposed to rolling on poly vs wood, but that's a weak argument.

I played one game with a hardtop and vowed never to own a game with one.

He is utterly correct, the ball displayed some very odd behavior at times off the slings which I did not care for at all. It was very notable to me, I have not noticed this behavior on any of the pins I own with regular playfields, mylar protected playfields or clear coated playfields.

While I appreciate the product being available to the market, its not a product I would use personally so it isn't a weak argument at all.

#950 2 years ago

I suspect a ball is going to behave different, in some way, on a variety of different surfaces. For me, if the ball feels appropriately controllable then it's ok. I think Hardtops play better than playfield protectors. This is likely because the Hardtops completely adhered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,791 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.