432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 156.
#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Well........
2. Centaur
3. Embryon
4. Flash Gordon
5. 8 Ball deluxe or Paragon (Tie)

Paragon is AWESOME, but it's so brutal that I'm not sure how much it would benefit from 2.0 rules. I feel like I don't keep the ball alive long enough to be able to explore deeper rules, even though there is certainly a ton of things to shoot that could be incorporated into new rules.

On the other hand, Embryon 2.0 would be so dope! Also tons to shoot for, but much less brutal ball times.

All that said, I'll be surprised if they do wide bodies. I'd also be surprised if they did Flash Gordon due to licensing / split playfields.

I would expect that they'll stick to single-level standard-width games. However, the list gets pretty thin, pretty quickly, in terms of justifying the $9K cost.

Fathom and Centaur are no-brainers. I'm guessing they'll do 8 Ball Deluxe, but I wouldn't buy it. Maybe Xenon, but the playfield is so barren, so again I wouldn't buy it.

Skateball would be amazing, but $9K?

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What games do you want for 2-5?

Well........
2. Embryon ( best playfield for v2.0 enhancement and looks good )
3. 8 Ball deluxe or ( excellent pinball and allows multiball in v2.0 )
4. Flash Gordon looks very good, a bit crowded should allow for multiball in v2.0
5. Paragon or Centaur (Tie) Paragon looks good, ok play and couls allow for a decent v2.0 ; Centaur looks very good but its very low WAF outside a mancave makes me wonder if it could fly commercially.

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Paragon is AWESOME, but it's so brutal that I'm not sure how much it would benefit from 2.0 rules. I feel like I don't keep the ball alive long enough to be able to explore deeper rules, even though there is certainly a ton of things to shoot that could be incorporated into new rules.
On the other hand, Embryon 2.0 would be so dope! Also tons to shoot for, but much less brutal ball times.
All that said, I'll be surprised if they do wide bodies. I'd also be surprised if they did Flash Gordon due to licensing / split playfields.
I would expect that they'll stick to single-level standard-width games. However, the list gets pretty thin, pretty quickly, in terms of justifying the $9K cost.
Fathom and Centaur are no-brainers. I'm guessing they'll do 8 Ball Deluxe, but I wouldn't buy it. Maybe Xenon, but the playfield is so barren, so again I wouldn't buy it.
Skateball would be amazing, but $9K?

So MANY GOOD GAMES CAME OUT IN THE CLASS OF "80" TO "81". I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU on price. Its hard to justify some of these games at the price! Depending on price. Skateball would be good choice!

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Centaur looks very good but its very low WAF outside a mancave makes me wonder if it could fly commercially.

If you married the right wife, then the WAF is not a problem... but I can see your point, however, there may be a few hundred biker chicks who would love it, so there is always hope. From a players standpoint, Centaur is a killer ruleset from that period, and the people I know who can get it rocking and rolling have never walked away unsatisfied. Most times, it takes a real Centaur wizard to show you the ropes, then it all makes sense, and you find yourself wanting to play it even more. I find the reflex to push the credit button is high with Centaur, EBD, Xenon. After playing a Williams Flash, however, it became harder and harder to live with Bally flippers and my quarters started falling into williams machines, almost exclusively.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you married the right wife, then the WAF is not a problem... but I can see your point, however, there may be a few hundred biker chicks who would love it, so there is always hope. From a players standpoint, Centaur is a killer ruleset from that period, and the people I know who can get it rocking and rolling have never walked away unsatisfied. Most times, it takes a real Centaur wizard to show you the ropes, then it all makes sense, and you find yourself wanting to play it even more. I find the reflex to push the credit button is high with Centaur, EBD, Xenon. After playing a Williams Flash, however, it became harder and harder to live with Bally flippers and my quarters started falling into williams machines, almost exclusively.

Agree - the right kind of wife won’t care!

B624CA44-E4AF-4945-8D13-AD6C999F5FDD (resized).jpegB624CA44-E4AF-4945-8D13-AD6C999F5FDD (resized).jpeg

#856 2 years ago

Well........
2. Centaur
3. Embryon
4. Flash Gordon

The only game that I can see that is feasible with this price point in mind is Centaur.

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The only game that I can see that is feasible with this price point in mind is Centaur.

Agreed, I was also hoping there would be more information released this week, more pictures or videos, or insight on the 2.0 code and details on the playfield inserts and alignment issues seen in the video. I remain on the fence right now and some of these things could push me closer to buying one... at this point if there is truly a hard cut off with the possibility of 250 not being made I imagine the people in at this point would be happy to see a smaller run to keep the value up.

It would also be nice if a Canadian distributor was used to help take away some of the mystery of future costs related to getting these games into Canada.

#858 2 years ago

No mermaids here at (on sign post) 204 surfing beach in San Clemente. A girl in the curl (surf shop t shirt) was spotted on a local, but that was it. I figured I had to get #204 since it's a beach in my town. I took photo on beach trail. It runs the entire coastline in San Clemente. Really nice walk with restaurants at the pier along the way with an abundant amount of fit women exercising along the trail.

20210507_100617 (resized).jpg20210507_100617 (resized).jpg
#859 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Its been awhile since I've been on your side of the world, but I still have a fondness for Meat Pies and the beer (won't name specifics as I know it matters what area you are in ) -- My all time favorite though is/was the Violet Crumble Candy.
[quoted image]
I even shipped a carton over to me once or twice.
On the topic of the new Fathom -- I wish Haggis the best and hope they can pull off not only this first game but additional classic titles going forward. Personally I'm a little old school and will be content with my original. . . although I am a bit biased as I spent a decent amount of time and money restoring it to just how I like it.

It's a shame, but you may well have missed the greatest chocolate bar ever made in Australia or maybe anywhere. The Polly Waffle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polly_Waffle

CRuea-nWIAAKNnE (resized).jpgCRuea-nWIAAKNnE (resized).jpg

Although in looking it up there is a story saying it's going to me remarketed for the first time since 2009, ut it was very hard to find for years before that.

#860 2 years ago

A friend of mine brought home a box of Rice Bubbles from a visit to Australia many years ago. He was told that 'Krispie' was a derogatory term there. Any truth to that?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#861 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

at this point if there is truly a hard cut off with the possibility of 250 not being made I imagine the people in at this point would be happy to see a smaller run to keep the value up.

I think the idea of owning a rare and exclusive title can be more appealing than anything specific to the quality of the game-play.

Sometimes it's hard to resist the hype.

sneetch-400x200 (resized).jpegsneetch-400x200 (resized).jpeg
#862 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

A friend of mine brought home a box of Rice Bubbles from a visit to Australia many years ago. He was told that 'Krispie' was a derogatory term there. Any truth to that?[quoted image]

Never heard of Krispy except those delicious doughnuts you guys exported.

The real staple breakfast food here is Weet Bix. Some people move away from it, but they come back to the fold when their taste matures and it's not all about sugar.

300px-Weetbix_Stevage (resized).jpg300px-Weetbix_Stevage (resized).jpg

#863 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think the idea of owning a rare and exclusive title can be more appealing than anything specific to the quality of the game-play.
Sometimes it's hard to resist the hype.
[quoted image]

Lucky the game paly is exceptional if they are faithful.

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

it's not all about sugar.
[quoted image]

It’s always been about the sugar - ie. how many tablespoons you need to pile on to make a nice crusty sugar coating on top of the now mushy Weetbix.

And the next step for you noob Vegimite guys is On toast with fresh tomato or with cheese (and of course lots of butter.l).

Or between VitaWeats, with lots of butter, so you can make worms.
CEF78EDA-B545-450B-B16B-A55C1CB2870B.gifCEF78EDA-B545-450B-B16B-A55C1CB2870B.gif

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've eyeballed the Vegemite before, but for $10

Price becomes a non issue when you realize that one jar will last you 5 years at least.

#866 2 years ago

Forgot about vegemite worms. They are the business!

#867 2 years ago

Well........
2. Centaur
3. Embryon
4. Flash Gordon

Embryon is great. Lots of drop targets, nice shots, earn extra balls. Version 2.0 software would be welcome. Unfortunately, I doubt Haggis will want to make this one since it is a widebody. It would be a lot cooler if they did.

116746AB-3AA5-4F61-B4B8-88CDF474284D.jpeg116746AB-3AA5-4F61-B4B8-88CDF474284D.jpeg
#868 2 years ago

So ... given all the delicious food items available in Australia, but comparatively expensive in the USA, perhaps Haggis would be wise to offer a bonus box of Aussie treats with every Mermaid Edition purchased.

Food for thought anyway.

(See what I did there?)

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

So ... given all the delicious food items available in Australia, but comparatively expensive in the USA, perhaps Haggis would be wise to offer a bonus box of Aussie treats with every Mermaid Edition purchased.
Food for thought anyway.
(See what I did there?)

Oh by the way, I don’t like any of the snacks mentioned. I’d be up for some kangaroo shawarma kabobs, prawns for the barbie and Kobe steaks. It would need to be express air mailed in styrofoam with dry ice and might cost Haggis $250. It would build goodwill but it is not worth it for Haggis to throw so much money at a vip customer. They should also decide against idea of providing cheap snacks too. I’d hate for the cabinet builder or programmer to be derailed for days sending out gift baskets instead of making my Fathom.

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a shame, but you may well have missed the greatest chocolate bar ever made in Australia or maybe anywhere. The Polly Waffle.

I never did rate Polly Waffle back in the day (and neither did a lot of people, which is why they stopped making it), until a friend of mine crushed a bar, whipped the small pieces into a bowl of vanilla ice cream, and served it to me. Awesome!

#871 2 years ago

I hold Haggis directly responsible for the current direction and status of this thread. if they would just give us even just a snippet of gameplay, maybe a sneak peak of the backglass, even a pic of the leg leveler, ANYTHING to steer this away from Aussie snack items and American's opinions of them. But Nope.... Silence.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I never did rate Polly Waffle back in the day (and neither did a lot of people, which is why they stopped making it), until a friend of mine crushed a bar, whipped the small pieces into a bowl of vanilla ice cream, and served it to me. Awesome!

Yes i know. There's so many people who don't understand subtlety. They are the ones that bought Picnic's, Violet Crumbles or the godforsaken Choo Choo Bar.
Fuck, I've seen people put Twisties right in their mouths!

Grandkids used to rush out when i'd come back from a week away fishing while i was still unhooking the boat to gloat that they brought Twisties into my house while i was away.

"We ate twisties with Nan! IN YOUR BED!"

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I hold Haggis directly responsible for the current direction and status of this thread. if they would just give us even just a snippet of gameplay, maybe a sneak peak of the backglass, even a pic of the leg leveler, ANYTHING to steer this away from Aussie snack items and American's opinions of them. But Nope.... Silence.

Don't worry, we're as keen as you and will stop at the slightest hint of news.

Was even happy when they showed us a reflection of the pinball machine.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Was even happy when they showed us a reflection of the pinball machine.

Yes!! more of that!

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Oh by the way, I don’t like any of the snacks mentioned. I’d be up for some kangaroo shawarma kabobs, prawns for the barbie and Kobe steaks. It would need to be express air mailed in styrofoam with dry ice and might cost Haggis $250. It would build goodwill but it is not worth it for Haggis to throw so much money at a vip customer. They should also decide against idea of providing cheap snacks. I’d hate for the cabinet builder or programmer to be derailed for days sending out gift baskets instead of making my Fathom.

Have you got a stalker?

Dunno how anyone would downvote that?

Capture18 (resized).PNGCapture18 (resized).PNG

#876 2 years ago

It is PINSIDE and not a manufacturers forum. I am pretty sure Haggis is way to busy fulfilling promises than to feed the curious pinheads on this platform.
In fact I quite like that.
The CEO has a handle on here but reckon he quietly sits back at the end of the day (in his free time) enjoying a frothy and having a laugh at us all speculate what his business should do.
Fxxbook might be your answer for more info, maybe!
or join Clan Haggis?

#877 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It is PINSIDE and not a manufacturers forum. I am pretty sure Haggis is way to busy fulfilling promises than to feed the curious pinheads on this platform.
In fact I quite like that.
The CEO has a handle on here but reckon he quietly sits back at the end of the day (in his free time) enjoying a frothy and having a laugh at us all speculate what his business should do.
Fxxbook might be your answer for more info, maybe!
or join Clan Haggis?

He should be sending me confirmation of my order and game number (I'll take whatever's leftover) while he's chugging a few down then.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have you got a stalker?
Dunno how anyone would downvote that?
[quoted image]

Yes my first stalker. I don’t get it, he strongly dislikes a lot of what I have to say and likes to let me know.

I am wondering if the Kiwi’s and Aussies had been born in Europe and then moved to their respective countries as adults, if they think they would have gravitated towards eating haggis and vegemite, or not. If it was a cultural thing, then they probably like it because of where they were born and not the flavor. If it is flavor driven, then many new adults moving to AUS and NZ would enjoy it.

There is a thing in the US called SPAM or Treat potted meat. Anyways it is probably full of road kill and it is highly indistinguishable. But you plop it out of the can, sllice and fry it and it goes well 100’s of ways. Not many people eat it, my wife thinks it is gross and low class. She refuses it, but I’ll fix a can every six months and it tastes great to me.

#879 2 years ago

You must be proud to be so important to him. I don't give a fuck what most people say.

#880 2 years ago

I was fed Spam at a friends house once, we never talked again.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Cut it out, that's not an Aussie or Kiwi invention. That's squarely at the foot of you Yanks.

You sure that's what you want to lead with as a United States delicacy? Not BBQ or texmex or Cajun and Creole or something?

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Cut it out, that's not an Aussie or Kiwi invention. That's squarely at the foot of you Yanks.
You sure that's what you want to lead with as a United States delicacy? Not BBQ or texmex or Cajun and Creole or something?

Tots
Napolean Dynamite like Tots!

#883 2 years ago

lol love how this has turned into a food thread

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

lol love how this has turned into a food thread

Lack of Haggis ...

(See why I did there ...)

rd

#886 2 years ago

I had haggis in 84'

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

There is nothing wrong with Spam, great source of food when the bacon runs out.

The American bacon, not that pretend Canadian stuff. That's just ham steak.

#888 2 years ago

I'm thinking about starting a Haggis Food Truck business... Oh wait, never mind

#889 2 years ago

I tried haggis in Bonnie Scotland around 1982. I would have to say I didn't like it. Now it maybe knowing it's all the parts of the sheep you normally wouldn't eat by itself, or it might be looking down at the end of it and actually identifying a particular said organ and suddenly loosing my appetite. Lungs is one thing I try to avoid in my mutton.

#890 2 years ago

It's pretty quiet around here. Hoping for a big update from Haggis soon!

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

It's pretty quiet around here. Hoping for a big update from Haggis soon!

We have multiple Haggis threads going on and I posted this just this morning. Great minds, right.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company/page/4#post-6272290

#892 2 years ago

Hi all. Firstly apologies for the silence, I now have time to come up for air (pun intended). People said I was crazy moving into a new factory at the same time as a new pinball release and they were right! I can’t wait to show you what it looks like and will be putting up a quick update vid very soon as well as some deep dives on the technology we are using for the production of Fathom Revisited.

Here’s a couple of quick updates:
Firstly, we will be closing orders for the Mermaid Edition at haggispinball.com on Monday 24th May at midnight AEST. Only Classic Editions will be available to purchase direct after that date.

We are working hard to get a gameplay video for you but as we are in between factories right now we haven’t been able to get it to you as quickly as we had hoped. Stay tuned, we are very close and really keen to show you the new 2.0 code.

The first order of business when we are fully in the new factory is to produce the remainder of Celts machines of which we have had many more orders since the recent announcement. We are still on track to go into production of Fathom Revisited on July 1st with our expanded workforce already underway.

I will be popping into this thread more frequently now so if you have any questions for me or my team fire away.

Also Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs are my Aussie snack of choice.

Damian1 (resized).jpgDamian1 (resized).jpg
#893 2 years ago
Quoted from HaggisPinball:

Also Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs are my Aussie snack of choice.

And you can still buy them at Woolies, they are a regular staple here at pinball comp. I've introduced all my grandkids to them.

Lolly_Gobble_Bliss_Bomb (resized).jpegLolly_Gobble_Bliss_Bomb (resized).jpeg

First Q;

Will you be announcing the total number of Mermaids built when you close sales (if you don't reach 250), and will the Mermaid number on the machine reflect that total number instead of -/250?

Also, footnote, i'll take whatever machine number others do not want. 13...66 i don't care.

#894 2 years ago

A couple of questions about the playfield.

Will the alignment issues of the artwork as seen in the prototype be addressed? I understand there has always been some registration issues when using the original Bally artwork but given the opportunity to revisit the game I’m hoping the registration is better on the final version than what is seen in the prototype.

What type of lenses/inserts will be used? Clear on the prototype seems to show the lights when a jewelled/faceted or semi-opaque white may look better with the RGB lighting.

Will their be an option for a direct printed on wood option like Celts has?

Some more generic questions.

What’s up with a 5 speaker setup? Where are they all going to go? Original Fathom had one cabinet speaker and no speaker cutouts anywhere else’s I’m dying to see how you implemented it.

Any chance of getting a Canadian distributor involved for us Canucks? Would be nice to have a ‘shipping included’ price to Canada.

Game looks amazing, Fathom was the first pinball I ever owned, I’m still sitting on the fence but excited at the prospect of a new one.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Will you be announcing the total number of Mermaids built when you close sales (if you don't reach 250), and will the Mermaid number on the machine reflect that total number instead of -/250?

Still too early to say 100% but we expect it to be -/250

Quoted from punkin:

Also, footnote, i'll take whatever machine number others do not want. 13...66 i don't care.

Noted. We give people multiple options and it's been interesting to see which numbers have been chosen

#896 2 years ago

Still too early to say 100% but we expect it to be -/250

Noted. We give people multiple options and it's been interesting to see which numbers have been chosen

I havent been offered a number.... paid within a few hours of going live. Should I worry?

#897 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I havent been offered a number.... paid within a few hours of going live. Should I worry?

If you have requested a number it should have been confirmed by now otherwise it will be allocated once all orders have been placed. If you want to request a specific number email us at [email protected] and I will give you options

#898 2 years ago

If you have requested a number it should have been confirmed by now otherwise it will be allocated once all orders have been placed. If you want to request a specific number email us at [email protected]

Ah ok. No I didn’t. Don’t care lol.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

A couple of questions about the playfield.
Will the alignment issues of the artwork as seen in the prototype be addressed? I understand there has always been some registration issues when using the original Bally artwork but given the opportunity to revisit the game I’m hoping the registration is better on the final version than what is seen in the prototype.

The registration will definitely be better on the production machine compared to the prototype you have seen!

Quoted from roar:

What type of lenses/inserts will be used? Clear on the prototype seems to show the lights when a jewelled/faceted or semi-opaque white may look better with the RGB lighting.

Another one we have discussed alot. As our playfield technology is different to other manufacturers we have alot more options when it comes to inserts and are yet to finalise however we are already seeing improvements since the original prototype.

Quoted from roar:

Will their be an option for a direct printed on wood option like Celts has?

We are only offering the hybrid playfield on Fathom. We have invested so much into this technology so it looks and plays great that I believe when people get their machines they will absolutely understand this decision.

Quoted from roar:

What’s up with a 5 speaker setup? Where are they all going to go? Original Fathom had one cabinet speaker and no speaker cutouts anywhere else’s I’m dying to see how you implemented it.

2 x tweeters behind the mesh in the backbox, 2 mids and a sub in the cabinet. We have spent alot of time balancing the audio with this setup and it really does sound amazing. Even the original 1981 audio and callouts sound fantastic!!

Quoted from roar:

Any chance of getting a Canadian distributor involved for us Canucks? Would be nice to have a ‘shipping included’ price to Canada.

It really all comes down to whether we can fill a container to go direct to Canada as it's a significant cost per machine for us and we are bearing some of it getting them to North America. I won't rule it out at this stage but if there are expressions of interest for more machines to Canada then that definitely helps with shipping costs.

Quoted from roar:

Game looks amazing, Fathom was the first pinball I ever owned, I’m still sitting on the fence but excited at the prospect of a new one.

It's my favourite game from this era but they are just so hard to come by. This is why we decided to make it first.

#900 2 years ago

Hi all. Firstly apologies for the silence, I now have time to come up for air (pun intended). People said I was crazy moving into a new factory at the same time as a new pinball release and they were right! I can’t wait to show you what it looks like and will be putting up a quick update vid very soon as well as some deep dives on the technology we are using for the production of Fathom Revisited.

I hope you can get back to the youtube video log - loved watching your celts journey unfold and seeing that for fathom would be awesome. Wishing you luck with phase 2 of the business!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/18?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.