CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 154.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

From a business perspective half that list would never make the cut.

Sure but for me i would not complain if they where made

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Sure but for me i would not complain if they where made

Speaking of classic pinball remakes with code enhancements- consider cladsic Sterns- Stargazer and many more

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Speaking of classic pinball remakes with code enhancements- consider cladsic Sterns- Stargazer and many more

Yeah the Sterns of the era are great as well. Star Gazer would be amazing

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Yeah the Sterns of the era are great as well. Star Gazer would be amazing

I often wondered why Stern has not introduced a "classic line" of pins. They have the capacity to do it, see PCC, Primus, Whoa Nellie, the home pins like Heavy Metal, Star Wars, etc.

Just take a pin like Seawitch that you already hold the IP on and is in high demand and crank out 250-500 copies and move onto the next one.

Don't even bother updating the game code, I bet you could blow out 500 copies without even breaking a sweat. Since I'm assuming it would run on Stern current hardware (thus saving more money, economy of scale) you could do a 2.0 code and sound enable at the press of a button if you wanted to invest a little time.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I often wondered why Stern has not introduced a "classic line" of pins. They have the capacity to do it, see PCC, Primus, Whoa Nellie, the home pins like Heavy Metal, Star Wars, etc.
Just take a pin like Seawitch that you already hold the IP on and is in high demand and crank out 250-500 copies and move onto the next one.
Don't even bother updating the game code, I bet you could blow out 500 copies without even breaking a sweat. Since I'm assuming it would run on Stern current hardware (thus saving more money, economy of scale) you could do a 2.0 code and sound enable at the press of a button if you wanted to invest a little time.

Yeah imo the Sterns of that era are wayy better than most of their post 1990 games

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I was one of those Aussies teaching some dodgey yanks the beauty of a gooey delicious Tim Tam.
Haggis should definitely send over some Tim Tams with the pin shipment so more of you guys can find out how good they are!

We have imported Tim Tams in the US. They are available at World Market for anyone wanting to try them.

#757 2 years ago

Tim Tams are awesome. I didn't know they were available here. I'll have to try to grab some.

#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I’ve never tried it with a Tim Tam, and I’m sure it’s better, but I was doing an American version of this with Keebler Deluxe Graham’s since the 70’s. Didn’t have a fancy name for it, but I definitely have to try it with a Tim Tam now.

Ha, we used them as currency downrange. They were like cigarettes in prison.

“How much for the holster?”

“Three boxes of double coat.”

“Two boxes.”

“Sold!”

#759 2 years ago

I wonder if Haggis ever thought of commissioning Greg Feres to create new artwork for a new backglass, something like “Fathom 2.0”. This could be sold separately. Haggis is doing there real backglasses in house so all they need is the artwork no?
Don’t get me wrong, I love the original backglass but this could be a follow up to commemorate the 2.0 rules that you could interchange at times

Either that or a cool retro looking topper with lights.

What do you think Haggis?

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Either that or a cool retro looking topper with lights.

Apparently a topper is in the works.

#761 2 years ago

look for stern mandalorian pre and spooky#5 bse pricing to fall in line with fathom ME, coming in around 8999. even though charlie will have a year to sell his next game, he might undercut this price just to try and sell out 1000 games on day one. in that case, i believe he is leaving money on the table.

#762 2 years ago

Getting a little quiet in here, how about some relaxing music while we wait... need to see if I can add these to my 2.0 game...

#763 2 years ago

Mermaid Edition didn't sell out as quickly as folks here thought. Still available...

#764 2 years ago

I really want to go in on one but the price is just hard to deal with for an 80s pin. I do think they have it priced right though given the current market and the cost of wood and various parts shortages that is becoming the norm today.

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Getting a little quiet in here, how about some relaxing music while we wait... need to see if I can add these to my 2.0 game...

Yes!!!
Murmurderer edition!
Brendon Small does pinball call outs, so.......

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mermaid Edition didn't sell out as quickly as folks here thought. Still available...

I truly believe if they had released footage of the new rules/code and they were any good, they would have sold out quicker.
Too many unknowns about it for people. At the moment it’s just a nice new shiny fathom.

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I really want to go in on one but the price is just hard to deal with for an 80s pin. I do think they have it priced right though given the current market and the cost of wood and various parts shortages that is becoming the norm today.

The whole, but it's an 80's pin argument just doesn't gel with me given the reality that we are remaking an 80's design pin today, at today's manufacturing costs (in Australia not America or anywhere else). Yes a modern designed, 80's style pin like TNA cost $US6000 in 2017 by Spooky, but that is now 4 years ago and I'm quite sure Haggis' production costs here in Aus are significantly higher all round than Spooky's were then and probably still nowadays. The other salient point with Fathom is, seriously go out and try to buy a fully restored Fathom (with say a CPR playfield etc) for less than $US6.5-7.5K as it is. It's not massive overs for a brand new version with all new modern tech in it.

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

they would have sold out quicker.

Makes me wonder if once more info is out or people get games. If they'll be hard to get ?

LTG : )

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Makes me wonder if once more info is out or people get games. If they'll be hard to get ?

Limited to 250 Mermaids. Can't see how they couldn't become hard to get.
On the other hand I'm not sure what will happen to the pricing on my Bally Fathom and i don't need two fathoms.

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

On the other hand I'm not sure what will happen to the pricing on my Bally Fathom and i don't need two fathoms.

current au private seller market, 7-10 depending if you want it gone or want to wait for someone who doesnt care what it costs and just wants it.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

current au private seller market, 7-10 depending if you want it gone or want to wait for someone who doesnt care what it costs and just wants it.

Yes i'm aware of the current market Doug as i bought the last one i saw. It's the future market after these start shipping i'm unsure of, but it is what it is.

May go up, may go down.

Lotta in's, lotta out's.

#772 2 years ago

You know, if they can sell beatles for over 10k, I feel that this game should sell fine.

#773 2 years ago

Ah yes , first world problems

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Makes me wonder if I should order one… I mean, if the 4 week window runs out (unless I read it wrong) they won’t sell them anymore? So if they only sell half, would it make it even more rare?

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I mean, if the 3 week window runs out (unless I read it wrong) they won’t sell them anymore?

I'd get confirmation from them if this is correct.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:I'd get confirmation from them if this is correct.

The Pinball News article written on 4/26 stated:

“The Mermaid Edition will only be available to order for the next four weeks and will be limited to 250 machines.”

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The Pinball News article written on 4/26 stated:

“The Mermaid Edition will only be available to order for the next four weeks and will be limited to 250 machines.”

Thank you.

#778 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes i'm aware of the current.

sorry i misunderstood you and thought you werent sure on "now". i think, (personal opinion) it wont change them much and they will keep on creeping up slowly.

#779 2 years ago

How good would this track by The Black Keys be suited to this machine in the 2.0 code? Put it in the multiballs please Damian.

Lyrics
Down in the waves
She screams again
Roar at the door
My mind can't take much more
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Clouds covered love's
Barbed-wire fence
Strung up, strung out
I just can't go without
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How good would this track by The Black Keys be suited to this machine in the 2.0 code? Put it in the multiballs please Damian.

Lyrics
Down in the waves
She screams again
Roar at the door
My mind can't take much more
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Clouds covered love's
Barbed-wire fence
Strung up, strung out
I just can't go without
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye

Great tune. Love the Black Keys.

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Based on posts in this thread, a little over half of them sold within one week of launch. How quickly were these folks expecting these machines to sell? Complete sell-out within a few days? I think Haggis is hoping for 250 units sold within a month, and then go into full scale production in July. Time will tell if they assessed the potential market correctly.

#782 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Based on posts in this thread, a little over half of them sold within one week of launch. How quickly were these folks expecting these machines to sell? Complete sell-out within a few days? I think Haggis is hoping for 250 units sold within a month, and then go into full scale production in July. Time will tell if they assessed the potential market correctly.

Do you know exactly how many have sold so far?

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I think they were hoping for a Rick and Morty style blowout of 750 units in just a few hours. If they wanted that then they needed to add more to the Mermaid edition. Its good that they have the standard for those that want a faithful reproduction but people that are on the Mermaid edition clearly are looking for more out of the game. 2.0 code is a nice start and the additional bling is cool but how much cooler would an LCD screen with animations be similar to Beatles vs Sea Witch. At this point the value really depends on that 2.0 code but without an lcd screen showing cool animations, it has its work cut out for it.

#784 2 years ago

I would think the new animations for the 2.0 code will be on the 2 small lcd displays on the apron. This way you still have that beautiful Fathom backglass and SS displays for nostalgia.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I think they were hoping for a Rick and Morty style blowout of 750 units in just a few hours. If they wanted that then they needed to add more to the Mermaid edition. Its good that they have the standard for those that want a faithful reproduction but people that are on the Mermaid edition clearly are looking for more out of the game. 2.0 code is a nice start and the additional bling is cool but how much cooler would an LCD screen with animations be similar to Beatles vs Sea Witch. At this point the value really depends on that 2.0 code but without an lcd screen showing cool animations, it has its work cut out for it.

#785 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I would think the new animations for the 2.0 code will be on the 2 small lcd displays on the apron. This way you still have that beautiful Fathom backglass and SS displays for nostalgia.

I hope you are right

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Quoted from SuperPinball:

I hope you are right

It's already mentioned that this is exactly what is going to happen. I believe it's in the first video released.

#787 2 years ago

I wonder how many standards they've sold vs the mermaid. I bet 1 standard for every 10 mermaids if I just had to pull a number out of my ass.

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Do you know exactly how many have sold so far?

No, I don't, but see post number 694 in this thread for my best guess

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I believe plural of fathom is "fathomi". Or maybe "fathomum". It can't possibly be "fathoms".

Mike (order 245)

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

I believe plural of fathom is "fathomi". Or maybe "fathomum". It can't possibly be "fathoms".
Mike (order 245)

It's fathoms on my depthsounder.

1 fathom. /ˈfæðəm/ plural fathoms. Learner's definition of FATHOM. : a unit of length equal to six feet (about 1.8 meters) used especially for measuring the depth of water.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's fathoms on my depthsounder.
1 fathom. /ˈfæðəm/ plural fathoms. Learner's definition of FATHOM. : a unit of length equal to six feet (about 1.8 meters) used especially for measuring the depth of water.

yep. I am just bored and being a dork. cheers!

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

yep. I am just bored and being a dork. cheers!

Thought as much, but my friends call me 'blunt'. I'm not into figuring out subtle

#793 2 years ago

Breaking the news to the wife over dinner tonight.

7E5BEDFC-3AEE-4326-80A1-91CF8459C623 (resized).jpeg7E5BEDFC-3AEE-4326-80A1-91CF8459C623 (resized).jpeg
#794 2 years ago

These snacks leave a lot to be desired

AAAA6AD5-478C-41EB-A629-219188AD60A9.jpegAAAA6AD5-478C-41EB-A629-219188AD60A9.jpeg
#795 2 years ago

I understand that yeast spreads are an acquired taste, best started before the learning to crawl, but who doesn't like a chocolate biscuit?

I do agree that the Tim Tam is not my first choice in chocolate bickie, but if i had a joint and a glass of milk and a packet of Tim Tams I'd be pretty content.

Edit; much better range nowadays too, mint, orange, dark chocolate etc.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Breaking the news to the wife over dinner tonight.

Haggis = "Mmmm mmmm Aunt Bee!"

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

Okay ... I was just looking for an excuse to post the meme.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

These snacks leave a lot to be desired
[quoted image]

TimTams are great, Vegemite tastes like what I imagine dog poop would taste like (and hamburgers should not have beet root!).

#798 2 years ago

Dog shit is incredibly salty in your imagination? OK.

People can put whatever they want on a hamburger it's their hamburger. Fuck the establishment.

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg

#799 2 years ago

Is this is any indication it's gonna be a looooong wait

#800 2 years ago

A nice Australian guy runs a couple of pinball bars here in St. Louis. He serves up authentic Australian Meat Pies. Delicious! Kinda like a pot pie but better. He also imports Australian style ketchup which is good too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/16?hl=atrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.