(Topic ID: 292168)

Haggis Pinball - 2nd game = Fathom (officially defunct 7/2024)

By FalconPunch

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,029 posts - Hot topic!
  • 534 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 minutes ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EC272B27-3798-4C82-AE67-1ACFE79959E2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240719_202133_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_8265134_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_3756.gif
IMG_2975 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-07-19 092701 (resized).jpg
pirates.gif
IMG_3746.gif
Screenshot 2024-07-18 224926 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-07-18 224753 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-07-18 225955 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
IMG_9780 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-07-18 at 7.10.39 pm (resized).png
haggis copy (resized).jpg
IMG_1360 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 181.
#8201 48 days ago

So what is the story Wayne, are these games you've bought on the market and resold, or are you handling logistics for Haggis?

Or some other arrangement?

I have money on the line, and some transparency on your part would be nice to go along with the pics?

Hoping i'll have to take back and apologise for most of the things i've said about you on this thread.

#8202 48 days ago

Hey, that's Mr. Pinball [Australia] to you!

#8203 48 days ago

Mmmmmm Im still waiting on my game paid in full last November

#8204 48 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

So what is the story Wayne, are these games you've bought on the market and resold, or are you handling logistics for Haggis?
Or some other arrangement?
I have money on the line, and some transparency on your part would be nice to go along with the pics?
Hoping i'll have to take back and apologise for most of the things i've said about you on this thread.

I am just working with all involved as requested by PPS to facilitate the handling on behalf of some customers awaiting games, some no longer want the games for whatever reason but they had paid in Full. I will say Haggis are shipping games and this is proof of that, If i was Haggis i would post a ton of pictures on facebook for every game that shipped. As i have said many times my only problem was the paid in full customers waiting more than the few weeks quoted for delivery.

#8205 48 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I am just working with all involved as requested by PPS to facilitate the handling on behalf of some customers awaiting games, some no longer want the games for whatever reason but they had paid in Full. I will say Haggis are shipping games and this is proof of that, If i was Haggis i would post a ton of pictures on facebook for every game that shipped. As i have said many times my only problem was the paid in full customers waiting more than the few weeks quoted for delivery.

also maybe going forward PPS could sell the games and Haggis be a Supplier rather than the manufacturer and seller, as stern Dont sell games to customers.

#8206 48 days ago

The problem with Haggis gloating about producing a tiny trickle of games is that the hundreds of people with no game nor refund in sight will get extremely pissed. And they will bring this to everybody’s attention.

We’ve already seen it. Seeing someone else win the Haggis lottery just makes those still holding a losing ticket really mad. Hard to blame them.

#8207 48 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem with Haggis gloating about producing a tiny trickle of games is that the hundreds of people with no game nor refund in sight will get extremely pissed. And they will bring this to everybody’s attention.
It’s a rock and a hard place !

Hundreds?

#8208 48 days ago

Typical bullshit from the typical bullshitters with no idea and no skin.

Thanks for the explanation (such as it is), i am one that's waiting, although i am last in the queue by choice, although paid in full before others that are getting games now. I'm good with that.

Still don't understand the whole gist, but i don't need to understand, i just need to wait.

#8209 48 days ago

You can make an educated guess based on Pinside ownership of known quantity games. BondLE - 35%, FooLE - 40%, GZLE - 50%. Looking at Fathom, we see 97 owners:

IMG_2827 (resized).pngIMG_2827 (resized).png

So, if you assume 40% ownership, that equates to 242 games built so far. The unknown is the number of "classic" editions ordered which I would estimate to be 25.

So 33ish games left to build would be an educated guess.

#8210 48 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

i just need to wait

Quoted from Damonator:

waitguesser (resized).pngwaitguesser (resized).png

#8211 48 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

You can make an educated guess based on Pinside ownership of known quantity games. BondLE - 35%, FooLE - 40%, GZLE - 50%. Looking at Fathom, we see 97 owners:
[quoted image]
So, if you assume 40% ownership, that equates to 242 games built so far. The unknown is the number of "classic" editions ordered which I would estimate to be 25.

Yeah but crazylevi said “hundreds” of games. Crazylevi is always right. lol.

#8212 48 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Sorry c.l., I couldn’t resist. Just kidding.

#8213 48 days ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well, if he’s saying they would actually build all 300 Centaurs after Fathom, then yea, hundreds left. But let’s be realistic - how many Centaur orders did they get? 50? 100?

#8214 48 days ago

also maybe going forward PPS could sell the games and Haggis be a Supplier rather than the manufacturer and seller, as stern Dont sell games to customers.

Why would PPS want to get deeper into the middle of a bad situation like this? Zero upside.

#8215 48 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

I highly doubt there is anywhere near that many games built. I would not be surprised if there were close to a 100 people still waiting on their Fathoms. 97 owners means nothing to this group. There are currently 119 Pulp Fiction LE owners on pinside and not a single game in actual existence. I don’t think Haggis is anywhere near the finish line.

#8216 48 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I highly doubt there is anywhere near that many games built. I would not be surprised if there were close to a 100 people still waiting on their Fathoms. 97 owners means nothing to this group. There are currently 119 Pulp Fiction LE owners on pinside and not a single game in actual existence. I don’t think Haggis is anywhere near the finish line.

Just because PF owners have not received theirs,why are you inferring that there are more than fifty to be made? Suggest somewhere between 17 and 38 by now.

#8217 48 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

Also keep in mind that with preorder games, some people add the game to their collection before actual delivery, so the real number might be even less.

#8218 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would PPS want to get deeper into the middle of a bad situation like this? Zero upside.

Because the games are made under their Licence, and as you see now is affecting Funhouse remake.

#8219 48 days ago

Because the games are made under their Licence, and as you see now is affecting Funhouse remake.

Being a licensor is a whole different thing than being a storefront for an under-performing licensee. Zero upside here for them to take over sales.

#8220 48 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Last summer Damian said several times that he was confident they would be finished with Fathom by the end of 2023.

We had calculated that he was making around 3 games/week, so that would mean about 75 games left as of last summer.

Even if the pace slowed to 1 game/week since last summer, that would still put him at 30ish games left (but probably less).

#8221 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Being a licensor is a whole different thing than being a storefront for an under-performing licensee. Zero upside here for them to take over sales.

Haggis are not a Licensee PPS is the licensee Haggis have no License, they are a manufacturer of products approved under the licensee Rights.

#8222 48 days ago

How many games have been produced by Haggis in the last couple months?

#8223 48 days ago
Quoted from ThreeWayCombo:

You likely saw all of them in that above picture...

#8224 47 days ago
Quoted from ThreeWayCombo:

well IF they are only making 1 or 2 games a week then at least they will have all the fathoms built by end of 2024.

#8225 47 days ago

Haggis are not a Licensee PPS is the licensee Haggis have no License, they are a manufacturer of products approved under the licensee Rights.

You're off in the weeds. The point is, there is no world where there's an upside to PPS being a storefront for an underperforming manufacturer/subcontractor/whatever.

#8226 47 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're off in the weeds. The point is, there is no world where there's an upside to PPS being a storefront for an underperforming manufacturer/subcontractor/whatever.

well they cant continue to have suppliers with issues now can they, that could cause them to loose their own license with the rights owners. Like Gene Lost his Rights as IPB no longer exist and are no longer a licensee, And being the original owner of those rights I think i know a little about what was contained within those documents. All i am saying some control needs to be put in place to avoid customers losing money.

#8227 47 days ago

well they cant continue to have suppliers with issues now can they, that could cause them to loose their own license with the rights owners. Like Gene Lost his Rights as IPB no longer exist and are no longer a licensee, And being the original owner of those rights I think i know a little about what was contained within those documents. All i am saying some control needs to be put in place to avoid customers losing money.

Of course, but if that's a danger, getting more deeply involved with the underperforming/failing/failed manufacturer by being their storefront/customer service desk has zero upside and you just cut bait and end the relationship.

#8228 47 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

Many people list the games in their collection when they order them, not after they receive them. That number is completely meaningless to figure the number of games shipped.

My pinside collection includes a Fathom Classic. They have never made a single one is those!

#8229 47 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Many people list the games in their collection when they order them, not after they receive them. That number is completely meaningless to figure the number of games shipped.
My pinside collection includes a Fathom Classic. They have never made a single one is those!

There's literally *6* people that have a Fathom Classic listed in their collection - so maybe my estimate of 25 total orders for Classic was too high. I never said any have been made.

Another clue on the Haggis production rate is in the Centaur FAQ. It says Centaur builds would start Dec 23 and the 300 games would be finished at end of 2025. That's 3/week - so 75 Fathoms left to build last summer makes sense to me.

I'm not sure how many Celts were made (50?), but I was Haggis store order # 238 and received my game last May.

#8230 47 days ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There's literally *6* people that have a Fathom Classic listed in their collection - so maybe my estimate of 25 total orders for Classic was too high. I never said any have been made.
Another clue on the Haggis production rate is in the Centaur FAQ. It says Centaur builds would start Dec 23 and the 300 games would be finished at end of 2025. That's 3/week - so 75 Fathoms left to build last summer makes sense to me.
I'm not sure how many Celts were made (50?), but I was Haggis store order # 238 and received my game last May.

Yeah I'd say you're in the ballpark. My best guess is 15 to 25 Classics at the most.

#8231 46 days ago

I heard a rumor that Damien is looking for investors and wants to move Haggis to the USA. Guess I'll have to change my tune and start cheerleading Haggis if that happens!

#8232 46 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I heard a rumor that Damien is looking for investors and wants to move Haggis to the USA. Guess I'll have to change my tune and start cheerleading Haggis if that happens!

Isn't the company just a dude in a backroom building games one at a time? Sounds like a lot of Pinsiders

#8233 45 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Isn't the company just a dude in a backroom building games one at a time? Sounds like a lot of Pinsiders

well i guess is Andrew Heighway found investors and walked away with money, only issue is the agreement with PPS is non transferrable. so I guess PPS would need to agree to it. Last i heard he ran out of parts and needs 3 weeks to wait for parts to make anymore games.

#8234 45 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

200w.gif200w.gif

#8235 44 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Haven't heard anything about Marty no longer being there.

#8236 44 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Haven't heard anything about Marty no longer being there.

Last I heard he mentioned on his Final Round Pinball Podcast 2 or 3 episodes ago he was still working there.

#8237 44 days ago

The support request and contact us forms on Haggis’s website have not worked for at least the past two weeks. A Celts in our shop has a broken drop target. Unfortunately, it is a custom low quality 3D printed part and not a standard available drop target. Anyone else have any luck contacting them through their website?

#8238 44 days ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

The support request and contact us forms on Haggis’s website have not worked for at least the past two weeks. A Celts in our shop has a broken drop target. Unfortunately, it is a custom low quality 3D printed part and not a standard available drop target. Anyone else have any luck contacting them through their website?

Could've sworn I read somewhere that the Celts Drop Target was a version of a Gottlieb Drop??? Sure someone else can confirm.

#8239 44 days ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Email Support directly. Do not use the ticket.
I had the same issue initially

#8240 43 days ago

Haggis needs to just come clean and give it up. If they can't even pay to maintain the ticketing system, it's over. I guess maybe they figure, no tickets, no problems!

1 week later
#8241 35 days ago

Nothing going on here, move along. No unboxing of games, no one made whole.

#8242 35 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Nothing going on here, move along. No unboxing of games, no one made whole.

Don’t forget no refunds given either from Zach flipnout ..lame

#8243 35 days ago

All quiet on the southeastern front again I suppose.

1 week later
#8244 22 days ago

So who do I sue for my deposit back? All deadlines and promises have been broken.
Zack Flipnout or Haggis both?

#8245 22 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

So who do I sue for my deposit back? All deadlines and promises have been broken.

Have you contacted either one?If so,what was the response?

#8246 22 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

the company who you paid your deposit to

#8247 22 days ago

the company who you paid your deposit to

Are you helping with shipping in Australia Wayne?

I am helping the family of a mate who passed away suddenly early this year. They asked me to chase up all his pinball stuff. He had a fully paid pre-order and Damien informed me via email in January it was boxed and ready to ship once the family gave delivery details. They did that in early Feb this year, and since then have had minimal replies to emails. Then someone else from the office is claiming the machine is in production.

It just sux the family has been through enough, and it would be nice to get the machine to my mates nephew as promised in early January this year. I followed up last week on behalf of the family again, but no repsonse.

#8248 22 days ago
Quoted from robm:

Are you helping with shipping in Australia Wayne?
I am helping the family of a mate who passed away suddenly early this year. They asked me to chase up all his pinball stuff. He had a fully paid pre-order and Damien informed me via email in January it was boxed and ready to ship once the family gave delivery details. They did that in early Feb this year, and since then have had minimal replies to emails. Then someone else from the office is claiming the machine is in production.
It just sux the family has been through enough, and it would be nice to get the machine to my mates nephew as promised in early January this year. I followed up last week on behalf of the family again, but no repsonse.

Is this Grant's machine you're talking about Rob?

#8249 22 days ago

Still all quiet, eh?

What a shame.

#8250 22 days ago

Distributors should not take deposits, refund what they have gotten, and not advertise the games. It obvious Haggis is done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 181.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.