IMG_7136 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240503_095758_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
791A084E-C60F-49D8-A507-C67C0F1D6E9D (resized).jpeg
200w (5).gif
IMG_0277 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0278 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 164.
#7751 36 days ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Imoto was able to get the content and will get it edited down and back online eventually.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Imoto saving the day...

...again.

#7752 33 days ago

Well I picked one up today. Pretty fun, need to do some research in preferred setting for stuff, and proper slope, but for now it’s at 6.3

Backstory, my wife has a scooby doo and never plays it. She prefers playing all the old SS games I have. So my hope is, she prefers this and lets me sell scooby. If not, in about a month or so I’ll probably have to sell Fathom or something else to make room. 10 doesn’t fit very well. lol

IMG_0224 (resized).jpegIMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
#7753 33 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Well I picked one up today. Pretty fun, need to do some research in preferred setting for stuff, and proper slope, but for now it’s at 6.3
Backstory, my wife has a scooby doo and never plays it. She prefers playing all the old SS games I have. So my hope is, she prefers this and lets me sell scooby. If not, in about a month or so I’ll probably have to sell Fathom or something else to make room. 10 doesn’t fit very well. lol
[quoted image]

I love arcade style carpet. Always makes me smile. Hope she likes the game!

#7754 33 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I love arcade style carpet. Always makes me smile. Hope she likes the game!

Thanks. I’m making my kid relive my childhood lol

#7755 33 days ago

Any word from Haggis yet?

#7756 33 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Any word from Haggis yet?

Technically, "you're fucked" is two words.

#7757 33 days ago

Shot coffee out my nose.

#7758 32 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Technically, "you're fucked" is two words.

I love perplexity.ai for searching this kind of thing:

In American English, "you're fucked" generally means that someone has made a serious mistake or is in serious trouble. It conveys a sense of the person being in a bad situation with negative consequences.

However, in Australian slang, "you're fucked" can have additional meanings beyond just being in trouble:

It can mean that someone is emotionally or mentally disturbed/unstable, or "not right in the head."1
It can also be used more casually or lightheartedly to describe someone who is drunk or high on drugs. 1
The phrase "you're fucking fucked" is considered an even more extreme version that emphasizes the severity of the situation. 4

So while the core meaning of being in serious trouble is shared, the Australian usage seems to have expanded the phrase to cover a wider range of disturbed or intoxicated states, beyond just making a mistake.

So yeah, the quip tracks, even down under.

#7759 32 days ago

I believe they like to say "you're rooted" down there

#7760 32 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I believe they like to say "you're rooted" down there

Deeply

#7761 32 days ago

That was one of my favorite parts of the deep root thread, when the Aussies chimed in to say that being Deep Rooted means to get really, really fucked.

#7762 32 days ago

It seems like this is what pinball fans tend to do when getting screwed, just sitting around perpetually waiting for updates.

It's really all they've come up with.

#7763 32 days ago

But seriously, have we heard nothing from this guy since the whole "needing more money" email came out? These games were supposed to be done and shipped over 100 days ago.

#7764 32 days ago

Damien! Do the right thing and just make an official announcement your done!
So we can get our refunds back from Zach.

#7765 32 days ago

I can understand why people were so mesmerized and sent full payment ahead of time.. something was just hard to resist...

IMG_3235 (resized).jpegIMG_3235 (resized).jpeg
#7766 31 days ago

I do have one issue I can’t seem to find any info on. My upper right flipper only stays up about 1/2 the time. Checked the switch and reseated a couple connectors going to coil. But didn’t dive too deep into it yet. Basically when I hit the button, it just does quick flick, and instantly drops back down. I’ve even activated it from inside the cab and same thing while checking the leave switch, and cleaned it to be safe. Any ideas? Thanks.

#7767 31 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

I do have one issue I can’t seem to find any info on. My upper right flipper only stays up about 1/2 the time. Checked the switch and reseated a couple connectors going to coil. But didn’t dive too deep into it yet. Basically when I hit the button, it just does quick flick, and instantly drops back down. I’ve even activated it from inside the cab and same thing while checking the leave switch, and cleaned it to be safe. Any ideas? Thanks.

That sounds like an EOS gap needs adjusting,

#7768 31 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I looked pretty quick last night, and didn’t even see the eos switch lol was only 2 wires going to coil. I also had a switch adding points at the beginning of an each ball, so I was trying to track that down. But only had a couple minutes before I had to leave.

#7769 31 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

There are no EOS switches on Fathom Revisited.

#7770 31 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Check that the pawl is tightened around the flipper shaft, might be loose?

#7771 31 days ago
Quoted from FlipperTropicana:

Check that the pawl is tightened around the flipper shaft, might be loose?

The coil was letting go of the plunger. Couple people have PMed me their ideas/solutions when it happened to them. So I’ll check those tonight when I get home. But I am activating it from the leaf itself on the plunger side, and I did bush it off with a burnish file real quick, and it didn’t change.

#7772 31 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[replied to wrong post]

#7773 31 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Did you replace the flipper button leaf switch, to the low voltage kind ?

The switches in the game we received and others, had high voltage contacts, this and several other oddities with flippers were caused by this..

#7774 31 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Did you replace the flipper button leaf switch, to the low voltage kind ?
The switches in the game we received and others, had high voltage contacts, this and several other oddities with flippers were caused by this..

No, I just got it the other day.

I’m at work, do you have a link to which switches to use? Thanks.

Random thought, can I just build one using early SS Bally ones? I have a bunch of new ones from previous playfield swaps lol

#7775 31 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

No, I just got it the other day.
I’m at work, do you have a link to which switches to use? Thanks.
Random thought, can I just build one using early SS Bally ones? I have a bunch of new ones from previous playfield swaps lol

.... from the other fathom thread ...

These are what I am ordering, main difference is these are made for low voltage systems, vs original bally needed high voltage leafs.

Low voltage dual stack flipper leaf - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-192
Low voltage flipper switch - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5048-01

If you are comfortable using a soldering iron, will take a minute to swap the connector from the Haggis supplied ones to these.

For reference this is the dual stack switch shipped with the game ( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1010A-13 )

#7776 31 days ago

Ok thanks. Yea I solder for a living pretty much so that’s not an issue. Just checking if there a specific model people were using. Thanks.

Guess I’ll have to find the other fathom thread, haven’t searched around much, too many other things going on, haven’t looked around much.

#7777 27 days ago

Just wondering if anyone has received a game that shipped from Haggis in the past two+ months since "the email"?

#7778 27 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just wondering if anyone has received a game that shipped from Haggis in the past two+ months since "the email"?

as punkin used to love to respond... why don't you email haggis and find out? why are you asking here? lol...

#7779 27 days ago

It’s been 2 months and 1 week trying to recapitalize. I haven’t heard of one machine going out the door in that time. Way to go Damien!!!

#7780 27 days ago

Hey all, if anyone wants a deal / gamble on a Haggis Series Pass, I just put one up in the market place! If they do turn things around and you might want the new games, get the next four deposits for a huge discount..

Other - For Sale
“The next several Haggis remakes for a discount. The series pass covers the deposit on Centaur and the next 3 remakes that Haggis may do. Originally this was priced around $4000 - w...”
27 days ago
Fairport, NY
2,000 (OBO)

#7781 27 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Hey all, if anyone wants a deal / gamble on a Haggis Series Pass, I just put one up in the market place! If they do turn things around and you might want the new games, get the next four deposits for a huge discount..

Other - For Sale

Haggis Series Pass

New ad!

“The next several Haggis remakes for a discount. The series pass covers the deposit on Centaur and the next 3 remakes that Haggis may do. Originally this was priced around $4000 - w...”

1 hour ago

Fairport, NY
(186 km)

Zukram

2,000 (OBO)

That's quite the sales pitch.

#7782 27 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

It's great as a social experiment. Those who want the games and think Haggis will make it can bet some money on the outcome.

At exactly half price, if you think there's a >50% chance it works out, it's a +EV bet. If you think there's <50% chance, it's a -EV bet. Simple math, simple proposition.

#7783 27 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's great as a social experiment. Those who want the games and think Haggis will make it can bet some money on the outcome.
At exactly half price, if you think there's a >50% chance it works out, it's a +EV bet. If you think there's <50% chance, it's a -EV bet. Simple math, simple proposition.

If one thinks they might squeeze out a few Centaurs and want one.. I'd probably accept even less than the deposit price on the Centaur..
I have emailed Haggis already on how to transfer to someone else.. Wonder if they will bother replying to this..

In any case, Ive put up quite a few games for sale with an attached forum thread. this is the first that actually got some posts..

#7784 27 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

If one thinks they might squeeze out a few Centaurs

Well, something is getting squeezed out..... Damien is sitting on the can, so you can guess what it is.

#7785 27 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

These are what I am ordering, main difference is these are made for low voltage systems, vs original bally needed high voltage leafs.
Low voltage dual stack flipper leaf - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1A-192
Low voltage flipper switch - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5048-01
If you are comfortable using a soldering iron, will take a minute to swap the connector from the Haggis supplied ones to these.
For reference this is the dual stack switch shipped with the game ( https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/SW-1010A-13 )

This solved all of my flipper issues with the exception of those clear bats breaking periodically.

#7786 27 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Well, something is getting squeezed out..... Damien is sitting on the can, so you can guess what it is.

Cheez?

Are you sure he's sitting ON the can? That seems very painful...

cheez-whiz.pngcheez-whiz.png
#7787 27 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cheez?
Are you sure he's sitting ON the can? That seems very painful...[quoted image]

Cheez Wiz comes in a can? Oh man.... we only have the glass jar version out here.

#7788 27 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Cheez Wiz comes in a can? Oh man.... we only have the glass jar version out here.

The jar version is more for like nachos and such. The Easy Cheese canned bacon cheddar Cheez Wiz knockoff is the world's most delicious carcinogen on a cracker.

#7789 27 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The jar version is more for like nachos and such. The Easy Cheese canned bacon cheddar Cheez Wiz knockoff is the world's most delicious carcinogen on a cracker.

I absolutely love Cheez Wiz...... I make cheesesteaks every so often, just wouldn't be right without it.

Wish I had gotten to try it when I was a kid: back with the original recipe. I hear it was completely different and more wonderful than now.

#7790 27 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I absolutely love Cheez Wiz...... I make cheesesteaks every so often, just wouldn't be right without it.
Wish I had gotten to try it when I was a kid: back with the original recipe. I hear it was completely different and more wonderful than now.

So, Cheez Whiz:The Pin is insta-buy for you?

Seems like a cheesesteak would be too gloopy with cheez whiz. We do cheddar and provolone slices.

#7791 27 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like a cheesesteak would be too gloopy with cheez whiz. We do cheddar and provolone slices.

That would be a good follow up for AP to do after the Barbecue game.

#7792 27 days ago

And there might actually be some takers. I can think of a few people who would jump in, despite the risk.

#7793 27 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try it with Wiz....... you'll never go back.

I do Wiz on top and provolone lining the bottom to hold in all the juice. Incredible.

#7794 26 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And there might actually be some takers. I can think of a few people who would jump in, despite the risk.

Oh I don't doubt it, the fact people are willing to wait years for a pin, and actually be happy if it eventually ships amazes me. The industry has preconditioned people into thinking this kind of thing is ok. They don't see stuff like this as a desperate grab to stay afloat, they actually see it as an opportunity. They almost view pinball purchases as a charitable contribution. Some people have gotten so carried away with buying everything new that they allow themselves to be the Prey to these scams.

Non refundable deposits, with no time limit, or anything. Where they are literally allowed to lie to you and go back on their promises. Wow.

#7795 26 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Replaced switch with SW-1A-192, no difference.

#7796 26 days ago

Oh I don't doubt it, the fact people are willing to wait years for a pin, and actually be happy if it eventually ships amazes me. The industry has preconditioned people into thinking this kind of thing is ok. They don't see stuff like this as a desperate grab to stay afloat, they actually see it as an opportunity. They almost view pinball purchases as a charitable contribution. Some people have gotten so carried away with buying everything new that they allow themselves to be the Prey to these scams.
Non refundable deposits, with no time limit, or anything. Where they are literally allowed to lie to you and go back on their promises. Wow.

Oh I got one guy that comes to mind on that LOL.

#7797 26 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Replaced switch with SW-1A-192, no difference.

It was night and day difference feel for me when i swapped these.

Are the contacts on the leafs different sizes Haggis orig to the new ones ?

Otherwise there might be something else also wrong.

#7798 26 days ago

New switch appears to be smaller contacts.

EDIT: metered coil and it was holding voltage even when it let go of the plunger, but as I was playing with the diode it would suck it back in, took coil out, took diode off, tested diode and it metered fine, replaced it anyway, reassembled, and now it’s been 100% fine for the last couple games. Well ok then… lol

IMG_0277 (resized).jpegIMG_0277 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpeg

#7799 26 days ago

There is zero value in a “used” season pass as you still have to take the massive risk of paying the balance before production of your game. If anything season pass is a liability.

Only way it has any value is if Haggis changes policy to accept final payment when your game is in box sitting on the loading dock. In fact that’s the only way the whole company survives, assuming anyone wants these games at these prices in this market.

#7800 26 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

New switch appears to be smaller contacts.
EDIT: metered coil and it was holding voltage even when it let go of the plunger, but as I was playing with the diode it would suck it back in, took coil out, took diode off, tested diode and it metered fine, replaced it anyway, reassembled, and now it’s been 100% fine for the last couple games. Well ok then… lol
[quoted image][quoted image]

OK then the new leafs would be needed anyways.

And yay on fixing another flipper gremlin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Minot, ND
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.