432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 156.
#701 2 years ago

It’s a bit weird that us Australians are actually paying a premium for the game since the US customers have freight to the US thrown in. Guess they wanted to be competitive in the US and so are effectively offering a discount.

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I joined out of respect

Ditto. I have no plans of ordering Fathom, but I think he's doing a great job at delivering on promises!

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't join there club. Don't need stickers and keyrings.

Me neither. I want to support Haggis though. I figure that ordering a Mermaid is a good start.

I may join the club yet as well. Somewhat depends on how soon Centaur is coming!

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Ditto. I have no plans of ordering Fathom, but I think he's doing a great job at delivering on promises!

I did order a MerMan!

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I joined out of respect

Respect is given, not bought.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I did order a MerMan!

MerPerson

Im offended

NOT!

#707 2 years ago

Got the confirmation of my Mermaid order from Damian ten minutes ago.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s a bit weird that us Australians are actually paying a premium for the game since the US customers have freight to the US thrown in. Guess they wanted to be competitive in the US and so are effectively offering a discount.

Our freight is included too. I think sending a container load of pins to a single destination in the US may very well work out cheaper than shipping the same amount of pins individually across oz.

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Our freight is included too. I think sending a container load of pins to a single destination in the US may very well work out cheaper than shipping the same amount of pins individually across oz.

Just found that out which is great.

#710 2 years ago

Big arse Bill will be busy!

#711 2 years ago

Here is a reflectocab video just posted by haggis

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Here is a reflectocab video just posted by haggis

Looks awesome!

#713 2 years ago

Not to be a Debbie downer - but wish Haggis all the best and one day purchase one for myself.

But I hope the playfield that are going to be sold have the cut out holes for Targets and rollover switched centered better, this is quite bad!
Haggis will really need to check each playfield b4 population - imo
Haggis (resized).jpgHaggis (resized).jpg

Pic taken from
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not to be a Debbie downer - but wish Haggis all the best and one day purchase one for myself.
But I hope the playfield that are going to be sold have the cut out holes for Targets and rollover switched centered better, this is quite bad!

Based on what?

Edit: Squizz edited his post.

Can’t see any issues with the inline drops. Can see what you’re saying about the 123 drops. Hopefully that’s corrected in production. Mind you, that’s nothing compared to the originals and cpr repro’’s.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Based on what?

Based on the Prototype?
Lol

That's why they call it a Prototype!

End result will be Perfection...

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I can’t see the issue, based on those photos?

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Got the confirmation of my Mermaid order from Damian ten minutes ago.

I too also received my game confirmation! Order #279, Game # 99!

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I joined out of respect

I'm kinda proud that I joined before it was cool. I didn't know that Fathom was coming but my instincts told me something worthwhile was happening there. I don't care about the swag, I just wanted to support new pinball in what I fondly consider a brother country.

And what put me over the top was Damian's gregarious video personna that reminds of a few great friends I've had over the years, all in one.
He needs a haircut but that's just me being jealous.

#719 2 years ago

Flash Gordon would be incredible to see redone.
I miss mine.

#720 2 years ago

Dream titles in no particular order:

Xenon
Paragon
Flash Gordon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Embryon
Medusa
Centaur
Vector
Speakeasy
Future Spa
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier
Black Pyramid (?)

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Xenon
Paragon
Flash Gordon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Embryon
Medusa
Centaur
Vector
Speakeasy
Future Spa
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier
Black Pyramid (?)

Most of this list can be found for 3k a piece. People would really pay 2-3x for a nib one?

I can see a few games like fathom and centaur due to high used prices but the rest?

#722 2 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Xenon
Paragon
Flash Gordon
Eight Ball Deluxe
Embryon
Medusa
Centaur
Vector
Speakeasy
Future Spa
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier
Black Pyramid (?)

From a business perspective half that list would never make the cut.

#723 2 years ago

I think at this stage, Haggis can probably make quite a few of the titles from the 1981 time period and sell 250 special editions if the game has at least as many additional features as the Mermaid edition. However, because of the low market values of many of these games, they would probably struggle to sell classic editions. I think everyone agrees that Centaur will sell as well as Fathom. I think the same would hold true with many popular games from all era's. 250 is not a lot of games to sell worldwide. In fact, I'm wondering if this is going to inspire other boutique or new companies to try the same thing.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I think at this stage, Haggis can probably make quite a few of the titles from the 1981 time period and sell 250 special editions if the game has at least as many additional features as the Mermaid edition. However, because of the low market values of many of these games, they would probably struggle to sell classic editions. I think everyone agrees that Centaur will sell as well as Fathom. I think the same would hold true with many popular games from all era's. 250 is not a lot of games to sell worldwide. In fact, I'm wondering if this is going to inspire other boutique or new companies to try the same thing.

You are not going to sell 250 Future Spa 2.0 for 8k a pop.

Some titles I doubt you will ever see just because licensing headaches with various franchises.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Have they said future titles will be limited to 250 special editions? I could see that number go up slightly as they get better at the process.

For me at least, whether I buy the next title is highly dependent on how well they pull off the 2.0 rules, sounds and animations. The 2.0 package is the only reason I pulled the trigger on the ME.

#726 2 years ago

Haggis’ next title reveal should not be for quite a long time. There is a whole lotta work to be done until all merman editions are built and delivered. How the challenges are met and resolved will reveal Haggis’ attention to detail and the quality of their pins. This is not a simple job of reproducing a product with off the shelf parts. Many parts are not there, drawings for them are missing and fixtures needed to produce them are non existent. Add in the computer and new rules and coordination and change the the electronics. This is a HUGE endeavor and it is based on Haggis’ simultaneously ramping up production capabilities, well above what they have done. I am anxiously watching and awaiting Fathom Revisited.

#727 2 years ago

Soo cool!!

8F8C884F-8CDE-4438-9602-7CBC49580906 (resized).png8F8C884F-8CDE-4438-9602-7CBC49580906 (resized).pngA1F7AAFC-A0D0-46B4-96E4-1F2BAC85F620 (resized).jpegA1F7AAFC-A0D0-46B4-96E4-1F2BAC85F620 (resized).jpeg
#729 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haggis’ next title reveal should not be for quite a long time. There is a whole lotta work to be done until all merman editions are built and delivered. How the challenges are met and resolved will reveal Haggis’ attention to detail and the quality of their pins. This is not a simple job of reproducing a product with off the shelf parts. Many parts are not there, drawings for them are missing and fixtures needed to produce them are non existent. Add in the computer and new rules and coordination and change the the electronics. This is a HUGE endeavor and it is based on Haggis’ simultaneously ramping up production capabilities, well above what they have done. I am anxiously watching and awaiting Fathom Revisited.

A huge endeavour it is. And if Damain pulls it off he may well become one of the most loved men in pinball. Considering the incredible response he has had to it... Failure is not an option. He has to get it done... for himself, pinball & Australia. And if he struggles... I will be on the bus full of Aussies that will go to Melbourne & help him assemble them free of charge if he get's desperate. That's how important it will be.

#730 2 years ago

The mermaid was asked, now who would create Fathom again?

And answered... Haggis, not me.

WHK35LY3J4ZSXDID3ASAUOG3FA.gifWHK35LY3J4ZSXDID3ASAUOG3FA.gif

#731 2 years ago

I don’t understand why the 2.0 gameplay hasn’t been released, unless it’s unfinished. There might be people sitting on the fence until they see that.

#732 2 years ago

250 units worldwide will sell anyway i reckon.

#733 2 years ago

In. #71.

#734 2 years ago

congrats, welcome to a small group of reeeeaally excited people!

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

250 units worldwide will sell anyway i reckon.

I’m sure they will but wouldn’t it be better for the next titles if these ones sold out extremely quick? Get the fomo going for the next titles.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m sure they will but wouldn’t it be better for the next titles if these ones sold out extremely quick? Get the fomo going for the next titles.

Dunno mate, i have a different business, therefore a different business model.

#737 2 years ago

I wonder how that cab looks under black light?

#738 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I wonder how that cab looks under black light?

76469332 (resized).jpg76469332 (resized).jpg

Quoted from Pinchild:

I did order a MerMan!

Quoted from oldskool1969:

MerPerson
Im offended
NOT!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

There is a whole lotta work to be done until all merman editions are built and delivered

#739 2 years ago

Congrats on game number 2. He should put random containers of Vegamite in a small amount of games then have the lucky people post pictures.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Congrats on game number 2. He should put random containers of Vegamite in a small amount of games then have the lucky people post pictures.

Tim Tams

#741 2 years ago

I was deployed with the Aussies, and they taught me the amazingness of Tim Tams. Also, the Tim Tam Slam...

Take a Tim Tam, bite a 1/4” portion from each end and use it as a straw in a glass of milk. It turns into a gooey, slushy mess. It’s awesome.

One of the many amazing things to come out of a great country.

#742 2 years ago

We have Tim Tams but England has Jaffa Cakes. The undisputed greatest biscuit/cake in the world.

https://www.kerseys.co.uk/jaffa-cakes-cakes-biscuits/#:~:text=During%20the%20court%20battle%20between,recognised%20as%20chocolate%20covered%20cakes.

Bout time the poms started building pinball machines.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Most of this list can be found for 3k a piece. People would really pay 2-3x for a nib one?
I can see a few games like fathom and centaur due to high used prices but the rest?

Yep. With new code and. other features sure. Given that stern sales are still going well and most of their games are still below the par of Bally's 80s games, yeah they would sell.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bout time the poms started building pinball machines

They had a go if you remember.

Also big in hovercrafts ...

rd

#745 2 years ago

So just how many people are still sitting at this status?

"Paid Awaiting Processing"

Does Haggis plan on leaving the web store's order status like that until your ordered unit actually ships? I've received no further emails and the credit card has been charged...

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was deployed with the Aussies, and they taught me the amazingness of Tim Tams. Also, the Tim Tam Slam...
Take a Tim Tam, bite a 1/4” portion from each end and use it as a straw in a glass of milk. It turns into a gooey, slushy mess. It’s awesome.

I’ve never tried it with a Tim Tam, and I’m sure it’s better, but I was doing an American version of this with Keebler Deluxe Graham’s since the 70’s. Didn’t have a fancy name for it, but I definitely have to try it with a Tim Tam now.

#747 2 years ago

I got into this hobby for the love of pinball. I especially love classic games and feel compelled to support Haggis in their quest to bring back some of these beloved classics. I'm in on an ME order #314.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from randomdoohickey:

So just how many people are still sitting at this status?
"Paid Awaiting Processing"
Does Haggis plan on leaving the web store's order status like that until your ordered unit actually ships? I've received no further emails and the credit card has been charged...

Seems a bit odd - have you emailed them directly to check on the status?

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was one of those Aussies teaching some dodgey yanks the beauty of a gooey delicious Tim Tam.
Haggis should definitely send over some Tim Tams with the pin shipment so more of you guys can find out how good they are!

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Quoted from gdonovan:

You are not going to sell 250 Future Spa 2.0 for 8k a pop.
Some titles I doubt you will ever see just because licensing headaches with various franchises.

I definitely think that some of Bally titles might be a harder sell...BUT a lot of potential buyers are holding off until they see how this Fathom release goes. If all the Fathom games get out the door with minimal delays and headaches, that would instill a lot of confidence in people who aren't sure of Haggis' abilities.

I for one, feel very confident that I'll get my Fathom ME by the end of the year. But I get that a lot of potential buyers are worried, given the track records of some of the previous boutique companies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.