image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 157.
#601 2 years ago

Took the plunge on a mermaid. Order number is 297, but like others have said, that's believed to be for everything. Either way, it checked out, so it better ship out! So excited! Caved to the FOMO, and just the stunning beauty of that game.

#602 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy you guys are lost without a sarcasm emoticon

How nay elektras had this other material? Because they all look just as beat as other era machines I've seen
Also 80% of the PF isn't a PF

Not sure I follow. He and I played this game yesturday and it had the full (similar) 1/4" ish acrylic playfield overlay. Was using it as his need for play comparison.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from LamF:

Took the plunge on a mermaid. Order number is 297, but like others have said, that's believed to be for everything. Either way, it checked out, so it better ship out! So excited! Caved to the FOMO, and just the stunning beauty of that game.

It is beautiful. Watched some videos of Fathom and didn’t realize what a fun game it looks like. Congrats on securing one. Hopefully it works out. I am more worried about Stern fulfilling my Elvira deposit tbh.

#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I follow. He and I played this game yesturday and it had the full (similar) 1/4" ish acrylic playfield overlay.

Gotcha.
I had been hearing lately that Elektra machines were made out of a diff'rent material and I was trying to figure out if it's true, or how widespread it was. I've worked on one before and I didn't rally notice anything diff'rent.

#605 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My original and my CPR had alignment issues, can't believe people settled for that lack of quality control 40 years ago.

Except the point highlighted here wasn't normal production variances... but wacky stuff. Look at these
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 4.07.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-29 at 4.07.49 PM.png

Like the 4x on the right, or the 4s at the top.

As stated previously when this was highlighted.. it's just a prototype, so hopefully these are things that will be cleaned up. But to try to be dismissive over what happened in 1981 with different buyers, different price points, and different degrees of variance... is just being flat out dismissive instead of looking at the point raised.

There are other smaller cosmetics too.. like their new screens in the apron cause an inbalance in the original apron art.. "Pinball" is now visually off to the side vs the normal balanced state it has in the original.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from LamF:

Order # 297. Congrats @lamf! - they have to be close to selling out of the Mermaids you would think (if not already). I'm # 278, placed my order yesterday so I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon.

#607 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Order # 297. Congrats LamF! - they have to be close to selling out of the Mermaids you would think (if not already). I'm # 278, placed my order yesterday so I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon.

Someone early on mentioned they were order 100 or something like that, so if it is orders from the beginning of time for Haggis and a number of those orders were two orders, one for membership and one for the game, they could still have a ways to go to sell out... I'm holding out, hoping it sells out before I succumb to the hype

#608 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Order # 297. Congrats LamF! - they have to be close to selling out of the Mermaids you would think (if not already). I'm # 278, placed my order yesterday so I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon.

Haha, yeah, I'm sure there are 47 people ahead of me that had the same thought. I'm sure it would have been cut off online by now if they were sold out. I've been so on the fence about it for the last couple of days, but I feel good about it now. I've been enjoying the early solid states in our collection more than the newer games recently. Blackout, Firepower, Frontier, Meteor, but I love the mix of old and new technology, and the rgb displays were the nail in the coffin. Club Mermaid!

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Someone early on mentioned they were order 100 or something like that, so if it is orders from the beginning of time for Haggis and a number of those orders were two orders, one for membership and one for the game, they could still have a ways to go to sell out... I'm holding out, hoping it sells out before I succumb to the hype

JUST DOOOOO EEEEET. SUCCCUUUMMMMBBBB

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The membership was only required to buy early. I think most of the order numbers over 100 were just for the MEs. I would guess they are over 200 sold at this point.

#611 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The membership was only required to buy early. I think most of the order numbers over 100 were just for the MEs. I would guess they are over 200 sold at this point.

I don't think I'll make it through the weekend.... so hopefully you're right and this thing sells out soon!

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"Pinball" is now visually off to the side vs the normal balanced state it has in the original.

That caught my eye as well. There doesn't seem to be any reason for it to be off center. Hopefully they'll fix a few of these little artwork issues before full production starts.

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except the point highlighted here wasn't normal production variances... but wacky stuff. Look at these
[quoted image]
Like the 4x on the right, or the 4s at the top.
As stated previously when this was highlighted.. it's just a prototype, so hopefully these are things that will be cleaned up. But to try to be dismissive over what happened in 1981 with different buyers, different price points, and different degrees of variance... is just being flat out dismissive instead of looking at the point raised.
There are other smaller cosmetics too.. like their new screens in the apron cause an inbalance in the original apron art.. "Pinball" is now visually off to the side vs the normal balanced state it has in the original.

I was making a joke guys. My bad.

#614 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I read earlier that if you purchased a Celts that you could choose the Haggis composite playfield or the original all wood playfield.
Did Haggis say if that was an option to choose for the Fathom as well?

Quoted from roar:

No news on that front yet, assumptions being made are that it will be their "hard top" version based on the description provided by Haggis... I looked through the Facebook posts this morning and did not see the question asked...

I got an email back yesterday - confirmed not an option for any of the classic remakes. Hardtop only.

I think it’s important to view this project not as a remake trying to make it it as original as possible, but instead a new upgraded version of fathom. Better rules, flippers, lighting, sound, displays, bling. But still the classic Fathom layout and iconic art.

#615 2 years ago

Anyone else notice that on the video it mentions 2.0 code, but doesn't mention that it's for the Mermaid Edition only. If it's available on all models do you think they'll offer refunds for those who went Mermaid? I would have waited otherwise.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Anyone else notice that on the video it mentions 2.0 code, but doesn't mention that it's for the Mermaid Edition only. If it's available on all models do you think they'll offer refunds for those who went Mermaid? I would have waited otherwise.

Pretty sure no apron screens or rgb lighting means no 2.0 code.

#617 2 years ago

just to make it available for concerns

Head over to the haggis thread started by ausretrogamer as it is starting to show the fine detail of haggis by showing CELTS which is expected to be video game played by dendoc this weekend hopefully. go CELTS

fathom cab (resized).jpgfathom cab (resized).jpgfathom matrix (resized).jpgfathom matrix (resized).jpgfathom playfield (resized).jpgfathom playfield (resized).jpg

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Boy you guys are lost without a sarcasm emoticon

Quoted from Tsskinne:

I was making a joke guys. My bad.

You think you'd earn that much after 9 years here.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think you'd earn that much after 9 years here.

I’m only 8 deep, until July. I should have seen this coming.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I got an email back yesterday - confirmed not an option for any of the classic remakes. Hardtop only.

I think it’s important to view this project not as a remake trying to make it it as original as possible, but instead a new upgraded version of fathom. Better rules, flippers, lighting, sound, displays, bling. But still the classic Fathom layout and iconic art.

I agree and this is exactly what I want in this machine. Especially the bulletproof playfield. A lot of old school guys will turn their noses up at Fathom 2.0 for many reason but its all a positive for me.

I already saw someone say that Fathom 2.0 wont play the same or have the same feel. No shit. Just like JJP plays/feels differently than Stern. Just like Chicago Gaming play/feels differently than Bally Williams. American Pinball, P3, they all play/feel differently and are all fun.

Damain and his team have hit the sweet spot for me.

#621 2 years ago

You'd bloody well hope it felt different to a 40 year old game, other wise what's the fucking point of remaking it if it's exactly the same as one you can still buy?

As i already said, i'm tempted but i have a really nice Fathom here already, if they ever remake a Theatre of Magic, i'm either trading my old one for a new one or having both.

In saying that, there's no two old fathoms that will play exactly the same either, we all know someone like Eddy here in Aus that can get a game tuned to perfection, where I'm doing well if i just get it level every time i move it. New rubbers or different types, slightly changes in angle etc will all make them play differently.

#622 2 years ago

Prob dumb q - video looks good with the inserts blues and greens but on this 2.0 will inserts be also color rotating into reds yellows purples like modern games? I know people like this on the CGC remakes and JJPs for example. Trying to visualize this on Fathom. Thanks for the clarity.

#623 2 years ago

As the playfield layout is the same as the original, no doubt the game will have a great feel regardless of the components used, & may very well have a very similar or better feel with new designed parts as a dialed in original game with the added benefit of reliability with modern architecture & all the other options.

In terms of different style mechs used, for example, on an original game if you swap out the linear style flipper assemblies to the very different old style flipper mechs (common mod) you will find the game feels quite different, but it's still essentailly the same fun game with both - it doesn't suddenly not feel like a Fathom, what's key is the layout, the sounds (especially when the second level is reached) speech & multiball flow - when it all comes together.

I don't think new design mechs or other components will change that (in any negative way)

I think it would be good if the unused speech phrases that are present in the original Squawk & Talk ROMS were used. The existing home ROM version uses these phrases & it fits perfectly in the original game format.

#624 2 years ago

Well said that man.

#625 2 years ago

As long as you can tap pass on the flippers the game will be gold

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Prob dumb q - video looks good with the inserts blues and greens but on this 2.0 will inserts be also color rotating into reds yellows purples like modern games? I know people like this on the CGC remakes and JJPs for example. Trying to visualize this on Fathom. Thanks for the clarity.

Dude.... no. Why on earthy would they do that?

#627 2 years ago

Just in for a Mermaid! Haggis order # 299.

Had a beautifully restored Fathom at one point and let it go. Looking forward to this replacement and then some!

#628 2 years ago

I’m curious, when all said and done, to know how many of these Fathom 2.0's make their way overseas to North America.

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

I’m curious, when all said and done, to know how many of these Fathom 2.0's make their way overseas to North America.

#630 2 years ago

Im in for A ME #123. I ordered early on. In my opinion these ME will sell out now that it's open to the general public. Only 250 being produced will kick in FOMO for some and they will buy. I never did find an original fathom to add to my collection. I have played the pin several times. This remake came at a good time.
I look forward to many years of successful remakes for Haggis.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Umm

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This remake came at a good time.

Came at a good time for me as well. I nearly went in on the new run of Alien, and I nearly went in on a RAZA (bullet dodged). But decided to wait and see what came. Sure am glad I did! As this is a super cool project!

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Im in for A ME #123. I ordered early on. In my opinion these ME will sell out now that it's open to the general public. Only 250 being produced will kick in FOMO for some and they will buy. I never did find an original fathom to add to my collection. I have played the pin several times. This remake came at a good time.

Agreed on all counts. Been trolling for a nice one for years as I love the gameplay and think it’s the most beautiful game ever made. Nice ones don’t pop up seemingly ever though. After playing TNA and getting my Beatles I realized that 80s layouts combined with modern everything else is total wheelhouse for me. I think doing these remakes is super smart by Haggis and am rooting for them to be the Aussie Spooky.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

After playing TNA and getting my Beatles I realized that 80s layouts combined with modern everything else is total wheelhouse for me

Thats the way I see this also. Like Woah Nellie.....but good.

#635 2 years ago

I'm a little nervous as I have still not received an email about me getting the mermaid edition, officially, yet. Everyone knowing their numbers is freaking me out.

#636 2 years ago

Check you junk/spam folder. That’s where I found my order confirmation. Good luck.

#637 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thats the way I see this also. Like Woah Nellie.....but good.

WNBJM is awesome in every boutique aspect IMO
CELTS is coming first and should be an absolute ball tearer.

Great days ahead ( I hope )

#638 2 years ago

Is there a list of the other 4 classics being made?

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there a list of the other 4 classics being made?

Nope. Not yet.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm a little nervous as I have still not received an email about me getting the mermaid edition, officially, yet. Everyone knowing their numbers is freaking me out.

Me neither Steve. Breathe deep bud. I’m sure they’re somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. If anything happens we can Thelma and Louise together out of the hobby.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Me neither Steve. Breathe deep bud. I’m sure they’re somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. If anything happens we can Thelma and Louise together out of the hobby.

Me too. They gotta be crazy busy.

#642 2 years ago

I'm hoping Haggis knocks this out of the park. I so much want a Centaur that I am going to commit the ultimate sin by ordering one without telling the wife... when she gets done totally freaking out, I'll let her in on it's a nonrefundable deposit and we need to at least flip it before flipping it, and maybe I will get to unbox it and play one game... a man can dream can't he?

#643 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm hoping Haggis knocks this out of the park. I so much want a Centaur that I am going to commit the ultimate sin by ordering one without telling the wife... when she gets done totally freaking out, I'll let her in on it's a nonrefundable deposit and we need to at least flip it before flipping it, and maybe I will get to unbox it and play one game... a man can dream can't he?

If ordering a pin without telling my wife is the ultimate sin I’m gonna be in hell for quite some time. I’m rooting for you keeping that game Bublehead but Centaur may be a hard sell aesthetically, over here anyways. I can still remember walking into the arcade when that first came out. Ho-LY-Shit.

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Me too. They gotta be crazy busy.

Speaking of 80s Ballys, every time I see you on these forums I beat myself up for not buying your Mystic. Asleep at the wheel. Pretty sure that’s not on the Haggis five.

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Nope. Not yet.

O ok I thought I had read of the others but it was probably just some guessing...

#646 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Speaking of 80s Ballys, every time I see you on these forums I beat myself up for not buying your Mystic. Asleep at the wheel. Pretty sure that’s not on the Haggis five.

Good news is that the Mystic is still in Chicagoland. A great local pinsider bought it so you may get another shot down the road. That cpr playfield was gorgeous.

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Centaur may be a hard sell aesthetically, over here

It could be painted brown and called Turd Mountain, and I would still buy it as long as I can play the 1.0 OG ruleset, and Bonus! I get 2.0 code too? Sign me up.

#648 2 years ago

Ok, I'm going to confess to Pinsiding while intoxicated, but think of what you could do with that underused magnet in Centaur 2.0 And I have to admit I will be envious of FME owners because Fathom is a frustratingly fun game out of the box, and 2.0 will be fun to see.

#649 2 years ago

@Jecco was that your order number?
My machine (and series) number is 123

I missed out on 069!
Can't wait for this!

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/13?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.