432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 156.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Heck I'm selling Wife for there Fathom!
Or renting her out

oh we're going deep into translated humor here this one might crash .. will the customers need a CDL ?

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know all the details. You can joint the club, Clan Haggis - https://haggispinball.com/ looks like a one time fee and you get a bunch of goodies too.
LTG : )

Its an annual fee, Lloyd.

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Its an annual fee.

Thank you for the correction.

Still a good deal with the swag and chance to get in on the game.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the correction.
Still a good deal with the swag and chance to get in on the game.

Not to mention, a great way to support a new company that is making pinball machines! And the there is also the swag.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Not to mention, a great way to support a new company that is making pinball machines! And the there is also the swag.

I agree. I ever get rolling again I'd join Haggis, Spooky, and Stern's clubs. Even if you don't get the game. You often get cool stuff and info first.

#557 2 years ago

Very slick vid there. This tiny company making a lot of the other companies look like amateur hour on so many levels so far.

#558 2 years ago

Video just dropped on YouTube:

#559 2 years ago

Man I hope that lighting effect on the walls come from the extra cab lighting on the mermaid. Looks awesome.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Haggis clan members can now put a deposit down on the next four remakes... And pick your number...
"Series Ticket" Log in and check it out.

seems alot to ask for not knowing what other titles will be done imho.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I've never seen or played the game but bought ME on a gut feeling I'll love it?

I bought the original after only having played it on vpx. I love drop targets and the style of art and figured I'd like it. I was right.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Man I hope that lighting effect on the walls come from the extra cab lighting on the mermaid. Looks awesome.

I watched like 4 times, pity the flippers dont look to light up like Medusa. Maybe they do but not activated yet.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

That looks fantastic the way the water lighting looks. Not sure this is going to be what production will be. The multi color alpha numeric displays are sweet.

8BB100DC-21C7-421D-8C94-70AE2F1204B5 (resized).jpeg8BB100DC-21C7-421D-8C94-70AE2F1204B5 (resized).jpegB91A78FD-4A46-4D1F-A2A1-74593E4B3CB7 (resized).jpegB91A78FD-4A46-4D1F-A2A1-74593E4B3CB7 (resized).jpeg
#564 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I watched like 4 times, pity the flippers dont look to light up like Medusa. Maybe they do but not activated yet.

That would be fantastic.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

That raises an interesting question. What will our mod community come up with for this game?
I'm not much of a mod guy at all but there are a few that I enjoy and I appreciate the creativity.

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

This was confirmed on Facebook that it will be part of the ME.

#567 2 years ago

Not to be negative, but I was playing Fathom last night and she was angry. I wonder how mode play in 2.0 will go on days like that. My first game was about 45 seconds with ball 2 being a house ball. It's part of what makes these old games good.

#568 2 years ago

Are they using WPC style flipper mechs on these?

#569 2 years ago

Is the cabinet lighting trying to do a water effect? Because that's a nice touch

Did anyone notice the standup to light the spinner and such is the wrong color? It's white in the photos and should be yellow.

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Not to be negative, but I was playing Fathom last night and she was angry. I wonder how mode play in 2.0 will go on days like that. My first game was about 45 seconds with ball 2 being a house ball. It's part of what makes these old games good.

I bet you breakfast they’ll do a ball saver displayed on the numeric display for 2.0.

Quoted from Clytor:

Are they using WPC style flipper mechs on these?

This will be interesting to see. Purists tend to get hung up on ‘flipper feel’ and it’s hard to capture without using old school mechs. I’m sure we can look forward to the debates when the games ship.

#571 2 years ago

I read earlier that if you purchased a Celts that you could choose the Haggis composite playfield or the original all wood playfield.
Did Haggis say if that was an option to choose for the Fathom as well?

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is the cabinet lighting trying to do a water effect? Because that's a nice touch
Did anyone notice the standup to light the spinner and such is the wrong color? It's white in the photos and should be yellow.

Ya, someone else posted about that, but if we're posting about that, I'd also suggest I'd rather see white flipper bats and yellow rubbers on them... I'm going to guess there will be some modifications by some to get the look they want .

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I read earlier that if you purchased a Celts that you could choose the Haggis composite playfield or the original all wood playfield.

No news on that front yet, assumptions being made are that it will be their "hard top" version based on the description provided by Haggis... I looked through the Facebook posts this morning and did not see the question asked... the other question I'd be curious to hear an answer on is whether the inserts will be white and jewelled or coloured and clear like they are in the prototype on the latest video. I was happy to see the correct colours being used in the video today as previous pictures had green and blue interchanging inserts on the bonus numbers and that was driving me crazy Unless the inserts are all clear and they can control the light colour, then I'm good!

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

No news on that front yet, assumptions being made are that it will be their "hard top" version based on the description provided by Haggis... I looked through the Facebook posts this morning and did not see the question asked... the other question I'd be curious to hear an answer on is whether the inserts will be white and jewelled or coloured and clear like they are in the prototype on the latest video. I was happy to see the correct colours being used in the video today as previous pictures had green and blue interchanging inserts on the bonus numbers and that was driving me crazy Unless the inserts are all clear and they can control the light colour, then I'm good!

If the Mermaid edition is doing RGB insert lightning they have to be clear or opaque white, otherwise the color lenses would prevent effective RGB shows

#575 2 years ago

Imo, Haggis is showing all the signs of an honest and high quality start up company. I wish them the best of luck. They’ve got my full support!
This is exciting!

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If the Mermaid edition is doing RGB insert lightning they have to be clear or opaque white, otherwise the color lenses would prevent effective RGB shows

The lenses are not colorless tho - you can see them colored even when the lights are off. The issue I brought up was the exclusion of the original’s opague lenses and instead all lenses are clear. The original uses a mix of clears, painted and opagues. The prototype seems to be using clear everywhere... some colored some not.

This is still my biggest concern with their remake aspect. The clear lenses on games of the period are problematic in making them look good with modern bright leds. The lighting pattern seen in todays video was even worse... with very harsh sharp quick transitions.

Something to look at as we see more of the game in a natural state.

#577 2 years ago

Anyone else notice that Planetary shows under "New Items" both Fathom and Medusa bumper caps?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Anyone else notice that Planetary shows under "New Items" both Fathom and Medusa bumper caps?
[quoted image]

Nice catch!!

Anything on Centaur?

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yet in the prototype they are not... so I remain curious to see what they do in production.

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Anyone else notice that Planetary shows under "New Items"

With screw holes

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Yet in the prototype they are not... so I remain curious to see what they do in production.

Thinking logically clear or opaque inserts would be the choice so with RGB you have the widest range of colors available.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

[quoted image]
Full fathom five thy father lies;
Of his bones are coral made;
Those are pearls that were his eyes:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

I bought Medusa pop bumper caps from PPS a month ago. Same item #, same price.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

With screw holes

Good eye -- here's a capture from the Haggis promo video:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

the 2.0 code should allows some leeway to smooth the experience.
> "dont move" wpc style is the ball has been put in play for less than X second, refeed a ball to the launcher
> woz "toto" or "no place from home" timed increasingly challenging target in case of repeat drain

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thinking logically clear or opaque inserts would be the choice so with RGB you have the widest range of colors available.

Got to be frosted/opaque surely as it's not a great look seeing the bulbs from above.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from etien:

the 2.0 code should allows some leeway to smooth the experience.
> "dont move" wpc style is the ball has been put in play for less than X second, refeed a ball to the launcher
> woz "toto" or "no place from home challenge" in case of repeat drain

Lots of fun stuff they could do on 2.0

They could detect you actually making a save through the reverse outlane. Trigger the roll over switch, smack it back into play, hit any other switch besides the outhole.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I had the exact same though, modes better have ball saves ha.

#588 2 years ago

I know it's a prototype but they have quite a few alignment issues for the artwork and inserts. Hope it'll be addressed for production. Also I wonder if the July start date is realistic.. The code isn't running yet based on the video - it's basically an attract mode/flashing lights with live pops and flippers. 2 months to do up all the code (classic and 2.0) seems like not enough time unless they already have a pretty good working version already.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I had the exact same though, modes better have ball saves ha.

Pretty sure either Jeff or Damien mentioned ball saves in the Pinball profile interview. (sorry to reference another podcast!)

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Pinball Profile interview stated they would be using the new hybrid technology for the playfields.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I know it's a prototype but they have quite a few alignment issues for the artwork and inserts.

Just like the OG.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pinball Profile interview stated they would be using the new hybrid technology for the playfields.

Just wish this playfield technology was somewhere close by to see, touch and play in person. Oh well.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

Pretty sure either Jeff or Damien mentioned ball saves in the Pinball profile interview. (sorry to reference another podcast!)

Haha I assure you I'm not offended

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just like the OG.

My original and my CPR had alignment issues, can't believe people settled for that lack of quality control 40 years ago.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My original and my CPR had alignment issues, can't believe people settled for that lack of quality control 40 years ago.

Have you tried making a warranty claim to Bally for the playfield issues on your original? Maybe they will send you a replacement playfield.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

40 years ago, operators were the only people buying a Fathom Pinball Machine. and they wouldn't recognize a playfield art registration issue if you sat them down and had a heart-to-heart with them about it. nor would they care. They put it in a location with 4 other types of amusement devices, and if they returned a week later to see it filled with dollars, francs, liras, pounds, marks, shillings, dracmas, whatever, the game was perfect in their eyes.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just wish this playfield technology was somewhere close by to see, touch and play in person. Oh well.

Huh? You just played one last night with virtually the Same playfield technology? Bally Elektra!

sdfsdfsdf (resized).jpgsdfsdfsdf (resized).jpg
#598 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

operators were the only people buying a Fathom Pinball Machine

I think the coin-op amusement business is sometimes forgotten as to the "why" pinball was even invented. I have said for years, operators did not give a damn about flaws and imperfections, and that the HUO NIB crowd are fooling themselves believing that manufacturers even care about playfield quality issues beyond is it flat, do balls roll on it, and can you play a game on it, yes or no? Yes? Well then good day sir... I said good day!

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Got to be frosted/opaque surely as it's not a great look seeing the bulbs from above.

Inserts can be clear if they are fluted or have some other pattern embossed in the underside.

#600 2 years ago

Boy you guys are lost without a sarcasm emoticon

Quoted from Yelobird:

Huh? You just played one last night with virtually the Same playfield technology? Bally Elektra!
[quoted image]

How nay elektras had this other material? Because they all look just as beat as other era machines I've seen
Also 80% of the PF isn't a PF

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/12?hl=toppers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.