Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 156.
#6251 1 year ago

Anyone who want someone to take over his Mermaid spot, please hit me up

#6252 1 year ago

I have now been paid in full for over 5 months without an update just to set expectations for those who are paying in full right now. I sent Damian an email today. Hope to get an update soon and will report back.

#6253 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I have now been paid in full for over 5 months without an update just to set expectations for those who are paying in full right now. I sent Damian an email today. Hope to get an update soon and will report back.

This can't be true. Damian promised 8 weeks after the customer pays in full.

#6254 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

This can't be true. Damian promised 8 weeks after the customer pays in full.

You really should have a hard look at yourself, the way others see you mate. You can't be proud of that.

2023-02-21 (resized).jpg2023-02-21 (resized).jpg

#6255 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The wait was disappointing for me as well but it ended up all being worthwhile. I'm incredibly happy with the entire machine.

Reaching out to Damian is the proper method and there's nothing wrong with reporting back here even if you're disappointed.

You're not the first to be frustrated and I had assumed that the several month wait time was common knowledge by now.

I hope you get some good news.

#6256 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Please do report back if you hear something - I asked for an update last week and never heard back. I've been paid in full for 4 months.

#6257 1 year ago

Do we know up to what number money has been collected? I am 104 so curious how this is all progressing.

#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Mine worked out to 24 weeks as it was supposed to ship yesterday but I now don't have room so it's being stored at the factory. So 5.5 months is still looking like how long it's taking. I'd think yours would be immeninent by what you're saying.

#6259 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If there is a coil test in there with it, or it's number listed as unused. That would let you know at least software knows about it.
I don't have the game to check for you. Maybe others will chime in.
LTG : )

I confirmed in the Haggis Fathom menu today that there is not a coil test for a knocker. The game gives a “virtual knocker” sound on replay. Just wasn’t sure if real knocker could somehow be added with a 3rd party kit?

#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I confirmed in the Haggis Fathom menu today that there is not a coil test for a knocker.

What coil test is #1 ?

#6261 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Please do report back if you hear something - I asked for an update last week and never heard back. I've been paid in full for 4 months.

Damian just emailed and estimated 4 more weeks. Happy to at least have an update.

#6262 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The wait was disappointing for me as well but it ended up all being worthwhile. I'm incredibly happy with the entire machine.
Reaching out to Damian is the proper method and there's nothing wrong with reporting back here even if you're disappointed.
You're not the first to be frustrated and I had assumed that the several month wait time was common knowledge by now.
I hope you get some good news.

I agree, the wait is disappointing, but if you could sell the 1st one that you bought at $20k then it might make it more palatable.

DoN from Georgia isn’t happy with the outcome either. You guys tried for a pump and dump but didn’t play out

#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, the wait is disappointing, but if you could sell the 1st one that you bought at $20k then it might make it more palatable.
DoN from Georgia isn’t happy with the outcome either. You guys tried for a pump and dump but didn’t play out

You've made your point, over and over. In one thread after another.

It's getting to the stage of harassment now, is that the look you are going for?

#6264 1 year ago

Just noticed that the cost of the Fathom Classic has gone from Au$9500 to Au$11,500 or roughly 20% increase. The Series Pass seems to be that same, but that's just a place holder. It's probably safe to assume that the next game will be at least 20% more than the Fathoms. This is not unexpected in today's world. Just pointing it out and not trying to be negative.

#6265 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just noticed that the cost of the Fathom Classic has gone from Au$9500 to Au$11,500 or roughly 20% increase. The Series Pass seems to be that same, but that's just a place holder. It's probably safe to assume that the next game will be at least 20% more than the Fathoms. This is not unexpected in today's world. Just pointing it out and not trying to be negative.

The price increase was predictable in my view. Once you see the fit and finish of these machines, you will understand what a great deal we all got.

I've taken pictures of the entire game inside and out for the Pinball Database. It takes a while for them to post as the curator, Jay, is meticulous in verifying everything and he has to set up a new category.

Once they post on the database I will let you guys know.

Lastly, that price increase won't slow me down a bit. Even with the increase, it will still be the best bang for the buck game out there IMO.

#6266 1 year ago

Cheaper than a stern pro here.

#6267 1 year ago

Where is my machine?????????I need it !Too slow.I need it!What is Haggis doing???????I need it!I have paid and I need it!Arriving new in box,will sell for 15k (firm).Serious pinball players out there...............

#6268 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

DoN from Georgia isn’t happy with the outcome either.

I'm happy regarding my fathom mermaid buying (waiting) experience.

I dumped my 4 pre order spots many months ago. One sold for $5000 on 4/26/22 and the poor guy still hasn't gotten his mermaid yet.

I just like to come here to this thread sometimes and realize how lucky I was to get out when I did.

It's fun watching y'all trying to hold your frustration and not yell and scream in posts about how haggis has handled this debacle. You can't complain too loudly because you might never get your game then.

Has anyone actually got their advertised free shipping yet or has it all been air freight? Free shipping sounded great until the realization set in.

#6269 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You've made your point, over and over. In one thread after another.
It's getting to the stage of harassment now, is that the look you are going for?

I’ve only made it a few times. Mind your own biz. Not directed at you. But you get the point

#6270 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

Where is my machine?????????I need it !Too slow.I need it!What is Haggis doing???????I need it!I have paid and I need it!Arriving new in box,will sell for 15k (firm).Serious pinball players out there...............

I'm not sure why you care so much about people wanting their machines and then doing what they want with it. Jesus, look at every single rare/hard to get game (which this is) and it's in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Get over it.

#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve only made it a few times. Mind your own biz. Not directed at you. But you get the point

If you want it to be private conversation then take it to PM. Post in the forum where we have to read your nastiness over and over in multiple threads it is everybody's business.

Be a better person mate and stop harassing people.

#6272 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you want it to be private conversation then take it to PM. Post in the forum where we have to read your nastiness over and over in multiple threads it is everybody's business.
Be a better person mate and stop harassing people.

Like I said, mind your business mate. You aren’t the hall monitor.

A Haggis pump and dump scheme is everybody’s business

#6273 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, mind your business mate. You aren’t the hall monitor.
A Haggis pump and dump scheme is everybody’s business

Everybody's business would include mine?

You aren't making any sense.

Next time i'll just report it to the hall monitors mate. People don't come here to be stalked and harassed in public by the likes of you.

If the guy had a private conversation with another person and you are posting his private messages on the board without his permission then i guess you need reporting.

That's what i'll do.

MyBusinessNowPunkin

#6274 1 year ago

I miss the shit going on here. Glad to see games slowly going out to the owners.

#6275 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Everybody's business would include mine?
You aren't making any sense.
Next time i'll just report it to the hall monitors mate. People don't come here to be stalked and harassed in public by the likes of you.
If the guy had a private conversation with another person and you are posting his private messages on the board without his permission then i guess you need reporting.
That's what i'll do.
MyBusinessNowPunkin

I’m sure you already whined mate so do it and then let it go. Wtf.

I’ve been here a lot longer than you have pal.

I haven’t posted the PMs. Do you see any? The original posts got deleted.

But I’m happy to post the actual scheme

#getalifemate

Quit stalking and harassing me please.

#6276 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:I’m sure you already whined mate so do it and then let it go. Wtf.
I’ve been here a lot longer than you have pal.
I haven’t posted the PMs. Do you see any? The original posts got deleted
#getalifemate
Quit stalking and harassing me please.

I'm merely responding to your posts directed at me.

Yes, just went and reported you. Just because your last posts quoting the PM's were *deleted* moved to mod forum, doesn't mean you didn't post them. You just admitted to posting them and denied posting them in two consecutive sentences.

And if you have been a member for longer than others that gives you more privileges in your mind does it?

Are you a schoolchild? I was here first so it's my cubby?

giphy (14).gifgiphy (14).gif

I'll take the thread suspension for sticking up for decent behavioral standards.

#6277 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm merely responding to your posts directed at me.
Yes, just went and reported you. Just because your last posts quoting the PM's were *deleted* moved to mod forum, doesn't mean you didn't post them. You just admitted to posting them and denied posting them in two consecutive sentences.
And if you have been a member for longer than others that gives you more privileges in your mind does it?
Are you a schoolchild? I was here first so it's my cubby?
[quoted image]
I'll take the thread suspension for sticking up for decent behavioral standards.

Sorry mate. I merely responded to the harassment YOU directed at me so move along. Weird

Do you recognize the guy named DoN?

Oh little man baby I just reported you too. You do your crybaby act in every thread. Lol

#6278 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

What coil test is #1 ?

Coil test #1 (called 00 in the test menu) is the underwater lightning. I did coincidentally get an email from Damien who stated that a knocker is not currently coded for but that he hopes to add the option of adding a knocker in a future code update!

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm not sure why you care so much about people wanting their machines and then doing what they want with it. Jesus, look at every single rare/hard to get game (which this is) and it's in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Get over it.

Simple really,I get pissed off with those constantly complain about not getting their machine and when they do they try and flog it off without even playing the thing.Sure if they want to do that there is a market.Just do not waste space moaning here.

#6280 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Anyone who want someone to take over his Mermaid spot, please hit me up

One for sale in market place for $150,000 right now. Grab it before it sells.

#6281 1 year ago

17604571 (resized).png17604571 (resized).png

Im here.

#6282 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry mate. I merely responded to the harassment YOU directed at me so move along. Weird
Do you recognize the guy named DoN?
Oh little man baby I just reported you too. You do your crybaby act in every thread. Lol

Truth. Crocodile Dundee mis-lead me about Australia.

#6283 1 year ago
71AB5B2A-235F-4B62-9657-4F175ADB759C (resized).png71AB5B2A-235F-4B62-9657-4F175ADB759C (resized).png
#6284 1 year ago

I posted this response in the other Haggis thread, which was suggested by the OP, an error, and so I've duplicated it over here.
>
>

You're not alone and I thank you for broaching the subject.

I also became involved with d0n before I learned who I was dealing with. We had some private banter back and forth before I realised the gravity of the situation. I terminated with d0n before getting too deeply involved. Like a scorned lover, I received profanity laced emails and weird revenge type comments.

And recently it got even more weird when d0n shared some of my private messages with a third party, who has chosen to take them out of context and exploit them.

I'm not proud of my conversation with d0n, but the bottom line is, none of our fantasy conversations were ever placed in action.

Imagine two drunks in a bar ginning each other up with an idea that doesn't really make sense in reality. No excuse from me, but I was one of those drunks that was sober and embarrassed the following day.

>

#6285 1 year ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I paid 6 months ago, and just got a message that it was almost ready (that was Feb 16) email was overlooked by me at the time so hopefully it is ready now.

#6286 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

One for sale in market place for $150,000 right now. Grab it before it sells.

I said “spot” not game with a ridiculous markup lol

#6287 1 year ago

have you waited 2 years and invested money with no guarantee of receiving a machine?
what do you expect to pay in the 11th hour with zero skin in the game?

Quoted from Mr68:I posted this response in the other Haggis thread, which was suggested by the OP, an error, and so I've duplicated it over here.
>
>
You're not alone and I thank you for broaching the subject.
I also became involved with d0n before I learned who I was dealing with. We had some private banter back and forth before I realised the gravity of the situation. I terminated with d0n before getting too deeply involved. Like a scorned lover, I received profanity laced emails and weird revenge type comments.
And recently it got even more weird when d0n shared some of my private messages with a third party, who has chosen to take them out of context and exploit them.
I'm not proud of my conversation with d0n, but the bottom line is, none of our fantasy conversations were ever placed in action.
Imagine two drunks in a bar ginning each other up with an idea that doesn't really make sense in reality. No excuse from me, but I was one of those drunks that was sober and embarrassed the following day.
>

Quoted from gprotein:

I said “spot” not game with a ridiculous markup lol

#6288 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

have you waited 2 years and invested money with no guarantee of receiving a machine?

Pinball, as an investment? Haggis sold this as an investment opportunity?

Doubful.

#6289 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pinball, as an investment? Haggis sold this as an investment opportunity?
Doubful.

I've never considered pinball as an investment. Don't try to put words into my mouth. If you like to talk about investments pm me and we can chat. I wouldn't own a single machine if i was not financially secure.

With no risk on your part in ordering a machine from a boutique company', please clarify what you think is fair to pay ?

#6290 1 year ago

Are we in the who cares phase now?

Very tough competition.

#6291 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are we in the who cares phase now?

I don’t really care or give a $%#^ at this point. I would like to see your collection in boerne. I have a house in Mico.

#6292 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Was I talking to you or hit you up on your ad? No? Then gtfo

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I've never considered pinball as an investment. Don't try to put words into my mouth. If you like to talk about investments pm me and we can chat. I wouldn't own a single machine if i was not financially secure.
With no risk on your part in ordering a machine from a boutique company', please clarify what you think is fair to pay ?

You said invested money in the machine.

Fair to pay is between buyer and seller.

#6294 1 year ago

In other news, my Mermaid will arrive home next week Wednesday.
She's not an investment.
I have no intention to resell.
I'll gaze at her indisputable beauty, and enjoy manipulating her flippers to score.
I "overpaid" for air shipping, but in comparison to our custom cocktail Happy Hour annual expense it was a bargain.
(All expensive things can be justified when compared to the cumulative cost of bourbon, custom cocktails, etc.)
...and while we're drinking, please someone blast me for this post.
It's a slow day at the office, and a bit of sparring might be fun.

1 week later
#6295 1 year ago

invoice Number 177
fathom mermaid number 116
deposit Date 4/27/21
final payment request 9/1/22
final payment 9/14/23 - AMEX per my request
completion date 2/16/23
shipping payment 2/21/23 - request to delay due to vacation
shipping date 2/24/23
shipping fees 1900$ USA AUS
arrival - 3/8/23

D9ACCABA-F559-487B-8AB3-622975F52C0D (resized).jpegD9ACCABA-F559-487B-8AB3-622975F52C0D (resized).jpeg
#6296 1 year ago

Post up in the owners thread mate.

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

invoice Number 177
fathom mermaid number 116
deposit Date 4/27/21
final payment request 9/1/22
final payment 9/14/23 - AMEX per my request
completion date 2/16/23
shipping payment 2/21/23 - request to delay due to vacation
shipping date 2/24/23
shipping fees 1900$ USA AUS
arrival - 3/8/23[quoted image]

Very interesting.
My deposit was the exact same day.
Still no completion date as of yet.
Still not paying to fly it here either.
Oh well

#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Very interesting.
My deposit was the exact same day.
Still no completion date as of yet.
Still not paying to fly it here either.
Oh well

It’s more about the final balance date than the deposit date. Most people bought them in the first 2 weeks from release.

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s more about the final balance date than the deposit date. Most people bought them in the first 2 weeks from release.

Correct - it's all about when you pay it off.

I'd guess the bulk of the orders were in the first 24 hours after release.

#6300 1 year ago

0407D459-FF30-4EB0-B5AC-FD54989BFD6C (resized).jpeg0407D459-FF30-4EB0-B5AC-FD54989BFD6C (resized).jpeg
3B0C84DC-CA7F-4EF1-B423-A93ADB636AAC (resized).jpeg3B0C84DC-CA7F-4EF1-B423-A93ADB636AAC (resized).jpeg
0DB2DF17-BD5F-4F29-A0DF-0DCCAC0325DE (resized).jpeg0DB2DF17-BD5F-4F29-A0DF-0DCCAC0325DE (resized).jpeg
Seems legit…. /s

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/126?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.