creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 3 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 2 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 153.
#6201 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got my invoice! I guess this is good news. Email still says 8 weeks after payment.

Some people have reported 5-6 months after final payment FYI, but well worth the wait if you ask me..

#6202 1 year ago

Mine says 12weeks and Im in Oz!

#6203 1 year ago

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more Flash Gordon listings in the market lately?

I know everyone says EBD or Centaur is next, but I'm still rooting for FG!

#6204 1 year ago

Medusa is a beautiful machine that must be considered

#6205 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

That’s the one I want the most.

#6206 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Some people have reported 5-6 months after final payment FYI, but well worth the wait if you ask me..

I waited about 4 months for mine and you're right, well worth the wait.

I played mine again last night, and after each session, I will stand back and admire the entire machine with great pride.
Solid and quality construction, high end, fit and finish and the game plays smooth and fast. And the new code blows me away.

In our current price market of the Bond LE and Bond SLE, Fathom Mermaid is dollar for dollar, the best deal out there and in a class all to itself.

I'm another vote for Medusa being next but whatever it is, Haggis has earned my loyalty.

Go Haggis

#6207 1 year ago

Got my replacement game a day ago and having a few issues. Most will be addressed with some new parts in route.

One cosmetic issue of note is the coin door. Are any owners have flaking and peeling on the inside of the coin door? I’m not really okay with it on a brand new machine.

379A18FF-0EC4-4913-A15E-D20544428B61 (resized).jpeg379A18FF-0EC4-4913-A15E-D20544428B61 (resized).jpeg62D170F0-F9A7-4F19-B314-68AAABDACEC4 (resized).png62D170F0-F9A7-4F19-B314-68AAABDACEC4 (resized).png
#6208 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

It's a pretty game, and it's fun enough, but a bit of a gimmicky title without a lot of long term gameplay appeal in my opinion. I owned one, and enjoyed it, but never missed it once it left. I feel like it wouldn't be a big remake candidate. Just my opinion though. I love all the Bally solid states honestly.

Quoted from Damonator:

Is it just me, or does there seem to be more Flash Gordon listings in the market lately?

That would be an unexpected choice, but I'd be tempted. Unlike Medusa I do miss my Flash Gordon. It's just an ass kicker, but that keeps it from getting boring.

I played some more Fathom 2.0 the other night, but just on the classic mode. Still haven't really explored the new rules. It's a bit hard in a league situation, more the kind of thing I'd want some time alone with to really grasp it all.

#6209 1 year ago

I'd be completely down for Flash Gordon as I'm actively looking for one!

#6210 1 year ago

My personal feeling is that Flash Gordon is highly unlikely to be made because that would involve a licencing fee and approval from film producer, Dino De Laurentiis, as well as the band, Queen, that did the theme song. And who knows, maybe even a licencing fee to King Features Syndicate, that owns the rights to the original Flash Gordon comics.

Haggis is a young company right now and already paying a rights fee to Planetary Pinball.

Quoted from Aurich:

It's a pretty game, and it's fun enough, but a bit of a gimmicky title without a lot of long term gameplay appeal in my opinion.

It would seem that Aurich is clueless, a second time, concerning Haggis writing new code and Medusa having 2 games in 1, ala Mermaid Fathom.

Hi Aurich.

#6211 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got my invoice! I guess this is good news. Email still says 8 weeks after payment.

I've now clocked 23 weeks since paying last September. I've since ordered an SD from Spooky and as predicted my Stern JB will arrive in the next week or so, tidily beating Fathom Mermaid. If anything else desirable comes out meantime, I could capitulate on sticking with it.

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I've now clocked 23 weeks since paying last September. I've since ordered an SD from Spooky and as predicted my Stern JB will arrive in the next week or so, tidily beating Fathom Mermaid. If anything else desirable comes out meantime, I could capitulate on sticking with it.

Have you contacted them yet for an update? I'm at 16 weeks now and was about to send an email, but it sounds like I've got a ways to go based on your time frame.

#6213 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

EBD is aight. Centaur's playfield has good potential for 2.0 code. However, I think I enjoy playing FG more than EBD and even Centaur.

#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Have you contacted them yet for an update? I'm at 16 weeks now and was about to send an email, but it sounds like I've got a ways to go based on your time frame.

No, but based on other owners, it sounds par for the course though.

#6215 1 year ago

not mine apparently,

Quoted from jkdblaze:

More or less same waiting time, contacted them around new year they apologized rapidly for the delay, no recent news. Patience is the mother of all virtues

#6217 1 year ago

Wow... Have to say dOn is one strange cat ... Thought he was a pain in thread...

#6218 1 year ago

And I was suspended for questioning this guy?????????????????????????

#6219 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I waited about 4 months for mine and you're right, well worth the wait.
I played mine again last night, and after each session, I will stand back and admire the entire machine with great pride.
Solid and quality construction, high end, fit and finish and the game plays smooth and fast. And the new code blows me away.
In our current price market of the Bond LE and Bond SLE, Fathom Mermaid is dollar for dollar, the best deal out there and in a class all to itself.
I'm another vote for Medusa being next but whatever it is, Haggis has earned my loyalty.
Go Haggis

Very cool to hear your glowing review! I owned a beauty for years and after seeing/hearing about the new code, I'm interested in picking one up when the time is right. Hope Haggis thrives.

IMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPGIMG_0228 (resized).JPG
#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wow... Have to say dOn is one strange cat ... Thought he was a pain in thread...

Just found it

#6221 1 year ago

I received this in my email today.

“Our current lead time is 12 weeks from balance of payment received and we can go through some of the shipping options with you.”

#6222 1 year ago

The state of global shipping is still extremely volatile and has shifted greatly from when we first offered free shipping by container to PPS in Nevada, USA. We are still happy to honour that option, but we are also aware that some people will want their games quicker than it may take for us to fill a 40-foot container and have it shipped to PPS for on-shipping by yourself. As such, we are happy to discount any alternate shipping arrangements by the amount we had previously allocated ($250USD per game). e.g. DHL Express has been a reliable service for us over the last 12 months and we are happy facilitate the entire process on your behalf.

As we approach the boxing of your game, we can discuss further the best option for shipping.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Angela Hartin | Finance Manager | Haggis Pinball

#6223 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballrocks:

The state of global shipping is still extremely volatile and has shifted greatly from when we first offered free shipping by container to PPS in Nevada, USA. We are still happy to honour that option, but we are also aware that some people will want their games quicker than it may take for us to fill a 40-foot container and have it shipped to PPS for on-shipping by yourself. As such, we are happy to discount any alternate shipping arrangements by the amount we had previously allocated ($250USD per game). e.g. DHL Express has been a reliable service for us over the last 12 months and we are happy facilitate the entire process on your behalf.
As we approach the boxing of your game, we can discuss further the best option for shipping.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Kind Regards

Looks like standard procedure as that's the same notice I got many months ago. And its been posted here before.
Not sure if you have a question or not but I'm loving my game.

#6225 1 year ago

maxresdefault (9) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (9) (resized).jpg

#6226 1 year ago

Games look great.

Gonna wait until they settle in the $20k range though before jumping in.

#6227 1 year ago

Low and behold just got an email to say mine was soon to be boxed. Of course I've got no space right now with Bond LE turning up as well and that won't be boxed so it's got the priority. Looks like FM will be doing a stint in stored in my shed with it's timing. I'll have to move another pin into my shed next RFM and HH as well. At least it's not long now.

#6228 1 year ago

double post

#6229 1 year ago

Low and behold just got an email to say mine was soon to be boxed. Of course I've got no space right now with Bond LE turning up as well and that won't be boxed so it's got the priority. Looks like FM will be doing a stint in stored in my shed with it's timing. I'll have to move another pin into my shed next RFM and HH as well. At least it's not long now.

Leave RFM here if you like. Been wanting to play one with a view to purchasing.

#6230 1 year ago

-

#6231 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Leave RFM here if you like. Been wanting to play one with a view to purchasing.

It's already stored so not taking up any space in my game room, it kind of goes with my AFM so not super keen to do anything with it. Plus a pretty a low value pin still after all these years. I've certainly seen plenty around the place for sale though.

#6232 1 year ago

My personal feeling is that Mr68 trying to pump up the price with Dandy Don is not cool.

They both had multiple Fathom pins.

Don had 4, was trying to get $3k above retail on each.

Mr68 tried to double up on one extra pin he has.

Pm me if you want to see the receipts. It’s hysterical

Can’t trust anything this guy says.

#6233 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a knocker kit that can installed on the Fathom Mermaid?

#6234 1 year ago

My Fathom is now going to stay at Haggis till I've got room for it as it was set to be picked up Monday but given my no room situation, it shall stay for a bit.

#6235 1 year ago

My Fathom is now going to stay at Haggis till I've got room for it as it was set to be picked up Monday but given my no room situation, it shall stay for a bit.

I look through your collection to see you which you should get rid of however I came up with absolutely nothing they all rock!

#6236 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know if there is a knocker kit that can installed on the Fathom Mermaid?

I don't have an answer for you but I found your question interesting. The original Bally Fathom had a knocker in the cabinet and Haggis did copy over the code for the Classic version. I've been playing the new code exclusively, so now I'm wondering if they might have a simulate knocker much like Stern went to many years ago.

And come to think of it, I don't recall what the match sound is in the new code...

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I look through your collection to see you which you should get rid of however I came up with absolutely nothing they all rock!

Yeah, after 25+ years at it, I like to think I've honed my collection pretty well . In the not too distant future I'll have extra room at my new place in the country with another gamesroom, so I'm not too worried overall. Plus I can still rotate machines in and out of storage, it's just a case of wheeling machines around a bit.

#6238 1 year ago

Yeah, after 25+ years at it, I like to think I've honed my collection pretty well . In the not too distant future I'll have extra room at my new place in the country with another gamesroom, so I'm not too worried overall. Plus I can still rotate machines in and out of storage, it's just a case of wheeling machines around a bit.

Nice Wes, i've been going four years and i reckon i've already got rid of most of your better games (save the new Sterns) or still have them.

It's good when you can start refining, rather than exploring.
I'm shrinking, rather than expanding nowadays.

#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The original Bally Fathom had a knocker in the cabinet and Haggis did copy over the code for the Classic version.

I've put a real knocker in every Stern I have ever owned. This is the first I remember hearing the Haggis Fathom doesn't have a knocker. I'd be interested if there is a coil reserved for that purpose so I can at least wire one up when I get it.

#6240 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be interested if there is a coil reserved for that purpose so I can at least wire one up when I get it.

If there is a coil test in there with it, or it's number listed as unused. That would let you know at least software knows about it.

I don't have the game to check for you. Maybe others will chime in.

LTG : )

#6241 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If there is a coil test in there with it,

In the original Fathom manual. Knocker is #1 in Self Test top of page 17.

LTG : )

#6242 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

No, he really needs to offload ACDC Pre.

In other news, I'm looking for ACDC PRE/LE if anyone is offering.

#6243 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No, he really needs to offload ACDC Pre.
In other news, I'm looking for ACDC PRE/LE if anyone is offering.

Why?

NeverMindPunkin

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why?
NeverMindPunkin

Love the game. For me it's one of Stern's best - definitely top 5. Have owned it 3 times and each time I sell it I've regretted it.

#6245 1 year ago

Had one here for a month and couldn't wait to see the end of it. But it was the same with iron maiden and Jurrasic Park when they were here. We're all different in these ways.

Did my best to hang onto Aerosmith pro and BKSoR

#6246 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I'm looking for ACDC PRE/LE if anyone is offering.

I've had one on my wish list for a while and owned it twice in the past. I would like a Vault Edition, but every one that comes up for sale seems to be a Lucy which I simply don't like.

Its good to see more and more people with their Fathoms. Hopefully it's a sign they are ramping up on production numbers. A friend of mine just got his new electric motorcycle from a startup company called Sondors. He waited through 2 years of promises, doubts and delays! Just like the Fathoms, its beautiful and worth the wait.

#6247 1 year ago

Who's in on Haggis' next game?!

#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Please don’t contaminate this thread again with your nonsense. If you’re here to contribute then please do. If your just going to trash the company and insult other owners please save us all time and just remove yourself from the thread.

#6249 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I'm sure you will order 5 ...
Please go find some other place to stir up shit ....

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

It’s a fair question , but from the wrong person.

EVERY intention to do so, yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/125 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.