image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 157.
#6001 1 year ago

Why does there always have to be a Grinch

IMG_20221224_030501 (resized).jpgIMG_20221224_030501 (resized).jpg
#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

It plays like the OG Fathom if that is what your asking.
There were adjustments and a few little bugs. I emailed Damien and Haggis Code Support and everything that I had notes on was addressed in the code update.

Good to hear. I did the Bride 2.0 upgrade on my BoP and the subtle lagging and sound differences and overlap in original mode are kind of a bummer. Most people wouldn't notice but I sure do.

#6003 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Why does there always have to be a Grinch

That's the person who's salty people here aren't sharing their order details with them. Mad that someone got their game and they don't have theirs yet and is being petty about it, even though clearly they're shipping and it's not a scam. Just takes patience.

Some people just aren't built to handle boutique pinball, and should stick to Sterns.

Quoted from dscapo:

Good to hear. I did the Bride 2.0 upgrade on my BoP and the subtle lagging and sound differences and overlap in original mode are kind of a bummer. Most people wouldn't notice but I sure do.

I don't remember how the original code was done with the P-ROC Bride 2.0 used, but the FAST system in this is pretty different. Hopefully it's seamless, I haven't had a chance to try one myself.

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the person who's salty people here aren't sharing their order details with them. Mad that someone got their game and they don't have theirs yet and is being petty about it, even though clearly they're shipping and it's not a scam. Just takes patience.
Some people just aren't built to handle boutique pinball, and should stick to Sterns.

That whole thing was pretty entitled.

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't remember how the original code was done with the P-ROC Bride 2.0 used, but the FAST system in this is pretty different. Hopefully it's seamless, I haven't had a chance to try one myself.

Most of us are not saying that Haggis is a scam but this is not how boutique pinball should be. I feel they are doing all they can to meet their commitments and be successful but I still have concerns that they will run out of cash before they finish the Fathom run. There have been too many setbacks (and costs) for them to be profitable. Hopefully it all works out and things go smoother with their next game but by no means to I feel like out of the water yet.

#6006 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:Most of us are not saying that Haggis is a scam but this is not how boutique pinball should be. I feel they are doing all they can to meet their commitments and be successful but I still have concerns that they will run out of cash before they finish the Fathom run. There have been too many setbacks (and costs) for them to be profitable. Hopefully it all works out and things go smoother with their next game but by no means to I feel like out of the water yet.

I don't think your view is the majority one you claim.

#6007 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Most of us are not saying that Haggis is a scam but this is not how boutique pinball should be. I feel they are doing all they can to meet their commitments and be successful but I still have concerns that they will run out of cash before they finish the Fathom run. There have been too many setbacks (and costs) for them to be profitable. Hopefully it all works out and things go smoother with their next game but by no means to I feel like out of the water yet.

What would really put the cat amongst the pigeons is if Haggis announce another title AND start taking deposits/full payment before the majority of Fathom's are produced and out the door. Hopefully they don't go there and avoid further scrutiny/Pinside blow torch.

#6008 1 year ago

My game is still going strong with pretty much no issues after some initial tweaking. Haggis has been quick to reply on any issues and has shipped me a couple of parts at no cost when needed early on. I've had it for over 5 months and it's an absolute tank. Love the new code and would not want to live without it. I probably play the new code 90% of the time. Sorry to hear so many are frustrated on wait times and communications. Mine came and I believe all those that have paid will as well. Just expect 16-24 weeks instead of 4. We will see what happens with the next title but hopefully Haggis can stay afloat and keep things progressing forward. They really do have excellent build quality.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Most of us are not saying that Haggis is a scam but this is not how boutique pinball should be.

This is the best boutique pinball that has ever been. See the many previous debacles in pinball history.

#6009 1 year ago

My mermaid edition has just been picked up for airfreight to USA. I never doubted this day would come. Go Haggis. And thanks to all that made this happen!

#6010 1 year ago

It's the last day before xmas weekend here today, and the boys aren't having the Friday off. Most small business's that aren't open to the public would be closed today.

GO HAGGIS!

And merry xmas guys.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6011 1 year ago

Yep, they've showed up in the United States now...

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.24.41 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.24.41 PM (resized).png
#6012 1 year ago

They've been landing in the states for months.

#6013 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Yep, they've showed up in the United States now...
[quoted image]

Oh shit, (giggle)
Thanks for the reminder to take my ad down. I couldn't take it any longer and unboxed my game days ago.

#6014 1 year ago

Is Haggis still planning on producing a “classic” version? I’m not hearing anything about them. Last I checked, they were still on their website,

#6015 1 year ago

Did a quick stream and will do more next week if anyone wants to check out latest code update https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1687136202

#6016 1 year ago

Thanks John, watching now.

#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

That whole thing was pretty entitled.

So it's ok for Damien to lie about their timeline and request money? That seems much more entitled than asking for Haggis to deliver on their promises. I'm happy people are getting their machines but stand by my statement that people in this forum should be transparent and support their fellow consumers. The poster I down voted edited their machine serial number out. Why?

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

So it's ok for Damien to lie about their timeline and request money? That seems much more entitled than asking for Haggis to deliver on their promises. I'm happy people are getting their machines but stand by my statement that people in this forum should be transparent and support their fellow consumers. The poster I down voted edited their machine serial number out. Why?

I see a lot of folks do this on for sale ads regardless of manufacturer. I have no idea why, but I don’t think it is indicative of a mass conspiracy.

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:So it's ok for Damien to lie about their timeline and request money? That seems much more entitled than asking for Haggis to deliver on their promises. I'm happy people are getting their machines but stand by my statement that people in this forum should be transparent and support their fellow consumers. The poster I down voted edited their machine serial number out. Why?

Because you seem a little more than just "curious", I wouldnt give you any info either.

#6020 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I see a lot of folks do this on for sale ads regardless of manufacturer. I have no idea why, but I don’t think it is indicative of a mass conspiracy.

A lot of flippers do this on NIB LE to hide it from their distributors.

#6021 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because you seem a little more than just "curious", I wouldnt give you any info either.

then don't get upset if i downvote you delivery.

From what i've been an able to gather, they've taken deposits on machines 70 order numbers behind mine. That's $450k.

Shouldn't we be talking about that?

#6022 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

No one really owes anyone else any info. If the person shares info that is up to them.

Most people posting probably don't even think about sharing the info you are looking for.

You need to email Damian/Haggis and get your info and questions directly from the source. No one's info is going to change anything for you. Open a friendly line of communication with Damian and ask all the questions you need.

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

then don't get upset if i downvote you delivery.

So instead of being happy for fellow pinheads receiving their brand new Fathom pinballs, you would rather downvote them and act like a child, when they haven't done anything, at all, to you. That is just petty, entitled and sad. Grow up.

You're so self centered and entitled that in the below post you expected Spooky to wait around for you, outside of their normal hours, for you to pick up a TNA.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/189#post-7219336

#6024 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

You're so self centered and entitled that in the below post you expected Spooky to wait around for you, outside of their normal hours, for you to pick up a TNA.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/189#post-7219336

Jesus!

R7Xm.gifR7Xm.gif

#6025 1 year ago

I still think it would have been pretty cool if Damien had kept posting update videos in spite of the delays and setbacks. Would have been neat to follow the ups and downs along with the Team at Haggis.

That seemed like where it was heading at first, but sadly Haggis did what every other company does and went publicly quiet as soon as they encountered delays and problems.

I don’t blame them of course, but it would have bring a great journey to go on with them. Would have been cool to have it all documented.

#6026 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I still think it would have been pretty cool if Damien had kept posting update videos in spite of the delays and setbacks. Would have been neat to follow the ups and downs along with the Team at Haggis.
That seemed like where it was heading at first, but sadly Haggis did what every other company does and went publicly quiet as soon as they encountered delays and problems.
I don’t blame them of course, but it would have bring a great journey to go on with them. Would have been cool to have it all documented.

It's not my recollection, and i haven't spoken in detail to the team, but have mentioned it and not had a denial.

My recollection was that Haggis went quiet after failing to make a dent in the criticism here no matter what they did in updates.
People were complaining even after updates that it wasn't enough info, saying shit like they were showing photo's of preproduction games being put in boxes instead of customer games and all sorts of crap that was some of the worst bad manners i've ever seen from adults.

That's when they stopped communicating it seems to me.

Not because they had setbacks, the whole world had setbacks then.

They say that no good deed ever goes unpunished, it's a tarnished way to look at the world, but fairly apt here.

#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's not my recollection, and i haven't spoken in detail to the team, but have mentioned it and not had a denial.
My recollection was that Haggis went quiet after failing to make a dent in the criticism here no matter what they did in updates.
People were complaining even after updates that it wasn't enough info, saying shit like they were showing photo's of preproduction games being put in boxes instead of customer games and all sorts of crap that was some of the worst bad manners i've ever seen from adults.
That's when they stopped communicating it seems to me.
Not because they had setbacks, the whole world had setbacks then.
They say that no good deed ever goes unpunished, it's a tarnished way to look at the world, but fairly apt here.

I would hope that isn’t true. Who cares what pinsiders have to say especially if the company (wisely) doesn’t engage with people on pinside. It’s not a “good or bad deed” to update your customers. It’s expected when things don’t go as promised. They sold Mermaid as if it was ready to go to production. It wasn’t, shit happens. I think they're playing with fire asking for the balance and promising a game ready in 8 weeks when it’s impossible. I don’t see too many people selling or dropping their deposits so what’s the difference if they were to give realistic updates and timeframes? This whole “blame the few whiny customers” idea is just bizarre to me. $4k deposit thru distro since 8/21 here. Never received an unsolicited update about anything. Have no idea when to expect a machine but I wait patiently, panties unbunched for a masterpiece. Go Haggis.

#6028 1 year ago

And for what it’s worth I can’t wait to upvote any and all people receiving a machine. Don’t care where or how it got there. Just post a pic or some info and take my upvote.

#6029 1 year ago

You are entitled to that view.

#6030 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are entitled to that view.

And you yours. I want to see them succeed long past Fathom same as you. I think there’s a place in the world for a killer Aussie pinball company. I miss the view from inside that made the customers feel like they were part of something bigger.

#6031 1 year ago

I'm not excusing poor communication, nor did I really follow the Haggis stuff during the pandemic since I was mostly on a long Pinside break.

But, speaking as someone who's worked on commercial pinball and knows the 'inside view', it's very rarely worth spending a lot of time thinking about Pinside. Which kinda sucks honestly. But it's just true. It's playing a game that's really impossible to win, and you can pour a lot of time and energy into a vacuum doing so that would be better spent working on games.

The problem is you can try and be honest, and treat people like adults, and give them the real updates. Which are often messy, because making pinball is messy. But too many people will weaponize what you say and turn it against you.

There's a middle ground between no updates and wasting time on too many, and maybe Haggis failed at it, I really don't feel like I'm informed enough to say. But missing that view from the inside stems from that.

Stern employees used to post here. They don't anymore.

Companies that were more community oriented, like Spooky, are still around, but you'll notice they mostly post to hype upcoming products, and mostly go quiet afterwards. Have you seen anyone from Spooky say that Fawzma no longer works for them? They're not looking to air the messy stuff in public.

This forum is great, why I have over 20,000 posts here, but the discourse around new games is often really toxic. It is what it is.

#6032 1 year ago

Well said Aurich. I was probably more heavily involved in the mess than anyone wanted me to be. But bad manners and rudeness fires me up and it's a fundamental block of my character that i can't/don't want to change.

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

And for what it’s worth I can’t wait to upvote any and all people receiving a machine. Don’t care where or how it got there. Just post a pic or some info and take my upvote.

I need all of the up-votes I can get after my silly For Sale Ad.

I'm taking a series of pictures of the entire game but it's going to take me a while as I keep playing the damn thing. So, more to come.

In meantime I think all owners should post a picture like mine.
I'm gonna get my lady drunk and see if I can sneak an X rated pic passed the Moderators.

20221224_131717 smile (resized).jpg20221224_131717 smile (resized).jpg
#6034 1 year ago

Your heads on backwards. It must be quite distracting.

#6035 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nope - they stopped when there wasn’t good news to share. It wasn’t from reactions. Basically when it started getting thick they hunkered down… and then only released very limited updates (two i think?) that were very far inbetween … until they had the shipping game videos.

They appeared to gamble on just finishing verse the very open and ‘journey’ angle damien had prior to their setbacks.

Hopefully they keep building steam and keep building momentum. No need to hide…. The absence of information just invites people to fill the void.

#6036 1 year ago

All you can do is ship games. Everything else is talk.

#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nope - they stopped when there wasn’t good news to share. It wasn’t from reactions. Basically when it started getting thick they hunkered down… and then only released very limited updates (two i think?) that were very far inbetween … until they had the shipping game videos.
They appeared to gamble on just finishing verse the very open and ‘journey’ angle damien had prior to their setbacks.
Hopefully they keep building steam and keep building momentum. No need to hide…. The absence of information just invites people to fill the void.

Nope. It's not.

When was the last time you spoke to Damien or Marty about it?

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Oh shit, (giggle)
Thanks for the reminder to take my ad down. I couldn't take it any longer and unboxed my game days ago.

I’m so jealous Kim. My MMRRE may be opened next year when my daughters room gets renovated. She moved downstairs to in law apartment. Congrats on a beyond beautiful pin.

#6039 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Your heads on backwards. It must be quite distracting.

Our toilet water swirls clockwise.

What else you got

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Our toilet water swirls clockwise.
What else you got

No it doesn't.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-somebody-finally-sett/

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m so jealous Kim. My MMRRE may be opened next year when my daughters room gets renovated. She moved downstairs to in law apartment. Congrats on a beyond beautiful pin.

Thanks, amigo. I enjoyed both of us causing trouble with our ads at the same time.

#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks, amigo. I enjoyed both of us causing trouble with our ads at the same time.

Hahaha. I saw your ad and figured I’d help take some of the heat off you. Two ads similar prices can divide and distract. Besides, saw the fun you were having.

#6043 1 year ago

Santa approved.. Merry Christmas all!

200D3AC5-87B2-4829-9E93-75FC994215AF.jpeg200D3AC5-87B2-4829-9E93-75FC994215AF.jpeg
#6044 1 year ago

So many posts ... I thought they started shipping games to the USA !

Merry Christmas all !

#6045 1 year ago

Another one got wet right before xmas.

Thanks to Haggis for these ultimate build quality.

Merry xmas !!

fathom (resized).jpgfathom (resized).jpg
#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from waynetrane:Another one got wet right before xmas.
Thanks to Haggis for these ultimate build quality.
Merry xmas !![quoted image]

That literally looks like your playing underwater...

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That literally looks like your playing underwater...

That’s only in attract mode. As soon as you press start the clown puke goes away.

#6048 1 year ago

The code on my game is 8.3
Is that the latest?

#6049 1 year ago

I think so. Mine still has V62 as there has been no official code update yet.

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

That’s only in attract mode. As soon as you press start the clown puke goes away.

I didnt mean that as a bad thing, I bet it looks stunning all the way around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/121?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.