CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 154.
#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is quoted from an E-mail I received on December 1 when I inquired about how many games they had waiting for a container.
"We don’t have a date as to when we will have a full container at this stage, I’m sorry. The vast majority of our OS customers have been electing to send their games via DHL Express..."
Honestly, what bothers me is they don't seem to know how many games they have waiting for a container. Or is it they are building games for those who elect to use DHL first?
In any case, they confirmed receipt of my payment on December 7th.

At some point you should consider shipping sea but LCL (less than full container). Cost wise it sits in between air and full container.
You also get your partial freight credit from Haggis.

#5952 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Honestly, what bothers me is they don't seem to know how many games they have waiting for a container. Or is it they are building games for those who elect to use DHL first?

I think its the opposite… trying to say they can’t predict what path the buyers will ultimately decide when their game is done… so they don’t know how many games will be built before the container is full (and hence no eta on date).

the date moves every time a buyer decides to go air…

#5953 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think its the opposite… trying to say they can’t predict what path the buyers will ultimately decide when their game is done… so they don’t know how many games will be built before the container is full (and hence no eta on date).
the date moves every time a buyer decides to go air…

So, you're saying every game they have already built has been shipped via DHL? They don't have any games waiting for a container? Whether they have 1 or 10, they should know how many people who have paid the balance of their game have chosen to ship by container.

#5954 1 year ago

I just noticed another NIB Mermaid edition hit Pinside for sale.Serious does anyone actually buy pins to play anymore?????????????

#5955 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So, you're saying every game they have already built has been shipped via DHL? They don't have any games waiting for a container? Whether they have 1 or 10, they should know how many people who have paid the balance of their game have chosen to ship by container.

If they need 40 games to fill a container and they have 25 sitting there, and every single one they build could go into the stack to fill it, or could get air shipped to someone who doesn't want to wait, and they don't know which it will be until it's finished and they ask the customer, what does telling you the number do?

I'm sure they know exactly what they've built, but I'm not sure why they would tell anyone outside the company those kinds of numbers. It doesn't actually give anyone helpful information to act or plan with, and it feeds more rumors and speculation that aren't healthy.

#5956 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

I just noticed another NIB Mermaid edition hit Pinside for sale.Serious does anyone actually buy pins to play anymore?????????????

"New In Box, on hand, and ready for immediate ownership. This is my personal game and is fresh off air freight."

No wonder they can't fill containers, people are paying for air freight to get them faster so they can flip them. What's some extra shipping when you're asking thousands more than you paid for the game?

#5957 1 year ago

- Sook ( ie; crying baby, tantrum, hates their life decisions, crying over spilt milk, crocodile tears )

- Someone who expresses their grievances for people who really don't care.

I remember when I came to forums for taking the piss and getting information of a great community.

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

- Sook ( ie; crying baby, tantrum, hates their life decisions, crying over spilt milk, crocodile tears )
- Someone who expresses their grievances for people who really don't care.
I remember when I came to forums for taking the piss and getting information of a great community.

There’s information here. All of it speculative by no fault of the customer. Leaving it up to individuals to figure out what’s going on by asking each other for information.
We are all well beyond initial expectations and promises.
The sea vs air delivery throws a wrench in everything making it impossible to predict a delivery date. This is what happens when transparency and build times go out the window. I understand the frustration though not personally bothered by it.
Haggis could report on how many machines they’re building a week but they don’t.
Haggis could stick to their “8 weeks past asking for the balance” timeline but they haven’t.
I miss the transparency and the updates. At this point everyone with a machine on order is not a naysayer, or a hater. They’re a patient customer expecting what was promised. They dropped the transparency to save face with the rest of the community(?) but sacrificed the trust of their own customer.
I think most people would agree that a video of Damian saying “hey guys, this shit is harder than we anticipated but let me show you where we’re at” would be more acceptable than the current policy of letting everyone wonder what’s happening there.
Haggis is acting like a company burdened with a task rather than one blessed with customers and looking forward.

#5959 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

Mine will be opened and set up as soon as it arrives

#5960 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Mine will be opened and set up as soon as it arrives

Same!

#5961 1 year ago

Thought I’d post this short clip that I had recorded for a mate that wanted to see my line up now as it had changed so much in 12 months.
Don’t worry about the games just check out how much fathom cabinet stands out amongst the others.
Only recorded on my phone and the flash is on so some light getting thrown on it.
Had the Aerosmith DJ mixer on to drown out all those bloody stern cooling fans so not sure if it will get flagged

#5962 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Thought I’d post this short clip that I had recorded for a mate that wanted to see my line up now as it had changed so much in 12 months.
Don’t worry about the games just check out how much fathom cabinet stands out amongst the others.
Only recorded on my phone and the flash is on so some light getting thrown on it.
Had the Aerosmith DJ mixer on to drown out all those bloody stern cooling fans so not sure if it will get flagged

Nice lineup .
Next time hold your phone sideways , so it fills up the whole screen if you're watching it on your TV .

#5963 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

They don't have any games waiting for a container? Whether they have 1 or 10, they should know how many people who have paid the balance of their game have chosen to ship by container.

How many are sitting in the corner doesn’t tell you how long it will take. Because when they are done with a game, the owner can opt to ship by air after waiting (even tho they paid previously). A date estimate depends on predicting future build owners decisions on shipping. Will getting 10 more container games take 10 builds? 20? 50? They don’t really know

#5964 1 year ago
Screenshot_20221219_214123 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221219_214123 (resized).jpg
#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , at least there are people willing to buy these spots if they're concerned , unlike some of the guys with Halloween and Ultraman .
And people waiting over a year for their Stern games have their prices increased despite having a deposit down .

But stern does not generally sell direct so that deposit is not with stern.

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I've heard distributors say , when you give your deposit and they ask Stern to make your game , they are committed to buy that game regardless , so Stern still gets their money .
Stern is the only company I know of that doesn't honour a price once you have paid your deposit .

#5967 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I've never deleted a post.

#5968 1 year ago

Happy Christmas to us!!

4E60ADC8-F215-4A9A-ABD8-4EADBD3371FD (resized).jpeg4E60ADC8-F215-4A9A-ABD8-4EADBD3371FD (resized).jpeg
#5969 1 year ago
Quoted from LamF:

Happy Christmas to us!!
[quoted image]

wow...someone actually opened one up!!

How is it? Mine's coming next week. I'm beyond stoked.

#5970 1 year ago
Quoted from LamF:

Happy Christmas to us!!

Congrats!

Quoted from surfnrg:

wow...someone actually opened one up!!

Imagine that!

#5971 1 year ago

Played this game at Yegpin this year , you will not be disappointed about the wait once it arrives !

what a stunning make over they did on this game !

well worth the wait !

#5972 1 year ago
Quoted from LamF:

Happy Christmas to us!!
[quoted image]

I beg of you, please take some quality 4K video of the current gameplay. Very happy to see some machines arriving in the U.S.!!

#5974 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I believe the next machine is a Marty Robbins original title. Gleaned that from the interwebs awhile back.

I'd be very surprised if War of the Worlds gets actually made. Other than MR and Damien the rest of the team that started work on that machine is no longer at Haggis. And there is currently no-one there who could pick up the CAD work. They'd likely be starting from scratch for that machine.

#5975 1 year ago
Quoted from lachied:

I'd be very surprised if War of the Worlds gets actually made. Other than MR and Damien the rest of the team that started work on that machine is no longer at Haggis. And there is currently no-one there who could pick up the CAD work. They'd likely be starting from scratch for that machine.

That was the the last and only news I’d heard about any new projects. I’d imagine for efficiency’s sake banging out another (non wide body) Bally SS would be the logical choice and easiest transition.
War of the Worlds would be a nice theme eventually.

#5976 1 year ago
Quoted from lachied:

War of the Worlds

Fantastic theme.

#5977 1 year ago

Chances of anything coming of it are a million to one, they say.

#5978 1 year ago

Just got the shipping notice. Game is scheduled to arrive December 28th! So excited for this to land and be unboxed and played as intended. I gave up my original to finance this one and I’ve missed the sounds of Fathom talking to me in my basement.

#5979 1 year ago

Santa!

0F0DF61A-E8A2-4035-B84C-2546658732F3 (resized).jpeg0F0DF61A-E8A2-4035-B84C-2546658732F3 (resized).jpeg
#5980 1 year ago

But there's no games shipping to the States? all the aussies are getting them?

#5981 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

But there's no games shipping to the States? all the aussies are getting them

LMAO

#5982 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:But there's no games shipping to the States? all the aussies are getting them?

Your wrong mate! USA is a new state in Australia apparently?
Everyone wants to be an Aussie

#5983 1 year ago

tVav3E.giftVav3E.gif

#5984 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

But there's no games shipping to the States? all the aussies are getting them?

He is sad because he knows that Santa won't be bringing his fully paid for Fathom in time for his Xmas. They all went to America & other places.

20221223_090159 (resized).jpg20221223_090159 (resized).jpg
#5985 1 year ago

Bastards.

I have to settle for this;

DSCF1777[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1777[1] (resized).jpg

And this;

DSCF1783[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1783[1] (resized).jpg

But i'm enjoying both of them.

#5986 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Roughing it ...
Nice pins ...

#5987 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bastards.
[quoted image]
And this;
[quoted image]

Nice. How are you enjoying your Alien?
Have only spent a little time with one on location but it seemed deep and challenging enough for a home environmemt.

#5988 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:Bastards.
[quoted image]
And this;
[quoted image]

Life's tough.

#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Nice. How are you enjoying your Alien?
Have only spent a little time with one on location but it seemed deep and challenging enough for a home environmemt.

It's fun. It's a little quirky still, but they are working on code.

I'm yet to learn the rules, it's fairly complex in a simple way.

It's pretty, and they are changing hands at a good price for low play games here.

I wish there were callouts as it relies on plyers learning the rules for each mode, there's blinky lights and it has cues on the screen, but an average player like me hasn't got time to look up from the flippers in multiball. The sound is all clips from the movies.

#5990 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's fun. It's a little quirky still, but they are working on code.
I'm yet to learn the rules, it's fairly complex in a simple way.
It's pretty, and they are changing hands at a good price for low play games here.
I wish there were callouts as it relies on plyers learning the rules for each mode, there's blinky lights and it has cues on the screen, but an average player like me hasn't got time to look up from the flippers in multiball. The sound is all clips from the movies.

Seemed pretty immersive and really well integrated with the theme. The SVs have been priced really competitively like you’ve said. Pinball Bros seem to be cranking out machines regularly. Two full containers less than a month apart.

61B0F66F-474C-4A98-B4AC-EA47D0BD15C5 (resized).jpeg61B0F66F-474C-4A98-B4AC-EA47D0BD15C5 (resized).jpeg74A0EE78-EA70-4F73-89DF-D3335603D9F6 (resized).jpeg74A0EE78-EA70-4F73-89DF-D3335603D9F6 (resized).jpeg
#5991 1 year ago

I'm checking out the Aussie dating sites so I can marry in.

#5992 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm personally not a fan of games that tell you what to do in callouts, but it would have been particularly unfortunate for ruining the atmosphere on Alien. I don't remember if we ever even discussed it as an option honestly.

You own the game, you'll learn the rules with a little practice, and then you'll be glad to not hear some voice droning on about shooting the left ramp or the blue targets every time you play.

#5993 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm personally not a fan of games that tell you what to do in callouts, but it would have been particularly unfortunate for ruining the atmosphere on Alien. I don't remember if we ever even discussed it as an option honestly.
You own the game, you'll learn the rules with a little practice, and then you'll be glad to not hear some voice droning on about shooting the left ramp or the blue targets every time you play.

Doesn't help my players that come here for social comps. Doesn't ruin the atmosphere for the three games beside it. No callouts just makes it hard for a casual player and pretty much impossible to recommend to my operator mate for his location.

I get theme integration, but it's a pinball machine first and foremost.

In any case i'll be right eventually. I'll fuck around and spend months learning what to do in all the modes, but i have 26 machines here and more coming in and out all the time. If all machines were like this i'd loose interest real quick.

It's the reason no-one (including me) wants to play Celts. Blinky lights everywhere and not a callout to tell you what to do. It comes up in comp and the players all whine and tell me how much they hate it.

So there's that.

Also, when the code was written, it was for a machine that had a screen right in front of the flippers telling you what to do, no?

#5994 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Doesn't help my players that come here for social comps. Doesn't ruin the atmosphere for the three games beside it. No callouts just makes it hard for a casual player and pretty much impossible to recommend to my operator mate for his location.
I get theme integration, but it's a pinball machine first and foremost.
In any case i'll be right eventually. I'll fuck around and spend months learning what to do in all the modes, but i have 26 machines here and more coming in and out all the time. If all machines were like this i'd loose interest real quick.
It's the reason no-one (including me) wants to play Celts. Blinky lights everywhere and not a callout to tell you what to do. It comes up in comp and the players all whine and tell me how much they hate it.
So there's that.
Also, when the code was written, it was for a machine that had a screen right in front of the flippers telling you what to do, no?

It does seem like one of the few games that may benefit from a screen in the playfield. I’ve only played the Heighway version and don’t recall having difficulty knowing the shots. I bet that’s why! Something to consider for sure…

#5995 1 year ago

Took more than a year after I payed to get the SV. Alien is a great way to wait for the Mermaid. Thinking 3rd quarter 2023 for that last batch payment @punkin? Thats my current thought if things stay around this pace…

#5996 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

Mine is open and I have been playing and loving the game!

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Doesn't ruin the atmosphere for the three games beside it.

Out of curiosity which three games are those? Are they new?

It does feel like more modern games have a lot of instruction callouts now. Fathom 2.0 has a lot from the video I saw.

Back in the day Theater of Magic was the talky exception.

#5998 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

Mine is open and I have been playing and loving the game!

The og code plays flawless?

#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Out of curiosity which three games are those? Are they new?
It does feel like more modern games have a lot of instruction callouts now. Fathom 2.0 has a lot from the video I saw.
Back in the day Theater of Magic was the talky exception.

The one you can't see is deadpool. But i'll give you Tron. Movie assets and not call outs, i had to learn it.

#6000 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

The og code plays flawless?

It plays like the OG Fathom if that is what your asking.

There were adjustments and a few little bugs. I emailed Damien and Haggis Code Support and everything that I had notes on was addressed in the code update.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/120?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.