CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 154.
#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Just got word that mine has been boxed up today and ready to ship. Upgraded to DHL express. Should be flipping in 2022!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing these photos! I have so much respect for Damien and Haggis.

#5902 1 year ago

Just want to let all know that I appreciate Damien's quick responses and assistance in handling the recent transfer of my Mermaid pre-order!

#5903 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just want to let all know that I appreciate Damien's quick responses and assistance in handling the recent transfer of my Mermaid pre-order!

I was sorry to see you go but totally understand. I'm still really happy about you finally getting your TBL after such a long haul.

#5904 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was sorry to see you go but totally understand. I'm still really happy about you finally getting your TBL after such a long haul.

Thanks Kim! For the record, I think this is a fantastic looking game and I'll probably be kicking myself for letting it go, but too many pinball "plates spinning" right now between projects, jammed gameroom, and games coming yet.

plates spinning.gifplates spinning.gif

#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Series tickets holders have bought in on the promise of 5 classic Bally remakes. So we can certainly expect a machine of that era. There was much speculation on what those games would be early in the thread. Centaur was very high the list to be either 2nd or third remake.

I believe the next machine is a Marty Robbins original title. Gleaned that from the interwebs awhile back.

#5906 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I believe the next machine is a Marty Robbins original title. Gleaned that from the interwebs awhile back.

Dammit ... and just when I thought I was out!

I wonder how many songs it will have.

Marty Robbins (resized).jpgMarty Robbins (resized).jpg

#5907 1 year ago

Dammit ... and just when I thought I was out!
I wonder how many songs it will have.
[quoted image]

Probably just “Down in the West Texas town of El Paso” on a loop.

#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Probably just “Down in the West Texas town of El Paso” on a loop.

I wondered who sang that. classic ear worm music.

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Where and when do I send my full payment for my Centaur Platinum edition?

#Truth

#5910 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Where and when do I send my full payment for my Centaur Platinum edition?

Will there be 1000 LEs? One would think that from a business pov that would not be a bad move.

#5911 1 year ago

I ordered my fathom mermaid edition April 26th 2021. invoice 177. Machine number 116. It's been 12 weeks since paying them.
Let's start getting transparent. I'm tired of the "I just got mine" and no other information.

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I ordered my fathom mermaid edition April 26th 2021. invoice 177. Machine number 116. It's been 12 weeks since paying them.
Let's start getting transparent. I'm tired of the "I just got mine" and no other information.

Try ordering through a distributor for 4K and receiving zero unprompted updates… It’s all a guessing game

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Try ordering through a distributor for 4K and receiving zero unprompted updates… It’s all a guessing game

If you ordered through a dealer in your country you can sue them for breech of contract and have more recourse.
In my opinion, if you're going to post your new machine in this forum, you should disclose purchase date, series holder status, invoice number and machine number.

Aussie customers have better options for legal recourse against Haggis. It's more limited internationally.

#5914 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:I ordered my fathom mermaid edition April 26th 2021. invoice 177. Machine number 116. It's been 12 weeks since paying them.

Mine's order #200 placed April 27th 2021. Just clocked up 15 weeks now. I'm a bit in two minds at the moment as whether I wait it out or try to sell and put towards my Bond..

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

If you ordered through a dealer in your country you can sue them for breech of contract and have more recourse.
In my opinion, if you're going to post your new machine in this forum, you should disclose purchase date, series holder status, invoice number and machine number.
Aussie customers have better options for legal recourse against Haggis. It's more limited internationally.

If you'd like to sell your spot, I'd like to buy it. I'll add a couple of hundred extra for your time.
Please email me.
Thanks

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you'd like to sell your spot, I'd like to buy it. I'll add a couple of hundred extra for your time.
Please email me.
Thanks

Are you serious?? Your flipping one now for 30k and you want to purchase another for a few hundred dollars over cost? How generous... I hope no one contributes to this.

#5917 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Are you serious?? Your flipping one now for 30k and you want to purchase another for a few hundred dollars over cost? How generous... I hope no one contributes to this.

Then you buy his spot or someone else should. If he's so unhappy and talking about lawyers and lawsuits, then he needs to get out.

He's waited 12 weeks he said. I waited 5 months after paying my balance and others waited longer.

#5918 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I guess what I meant is that I don’t even know my build number, but seemingly having a build number or an order number doesn’t seem to correlate to much.

#5919 1 year ago

The individuals who are touting receiving their machines and not disclosing their order number, date of purchase and series ticket holder status when asked are complicit in haggis deception.

I got my machine and everything is great without disclosure should not be an acceptable community standard.

I paid my deposit when asked and they as told me 8 weeks and some machines were being shipped. I had my doubts and entering 12 plus weeks now since payment, I am now very unhappy. I may sell my spot or pursue other options depending on Haggis's response.

Everything is not great with Haggis and the emperor might not have any clothing.

#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

The individuals who are touting receiving their machines and not disclosing their order number, date of purchase and series ticket holder status when asked are complicit in haggis deception.
I got my machine and everything is great without disclosure should not be an acceptable community standard.
I paid my deposit when asked and they as told me 8 weeks and some machines were being shipped. I had my doubts and entering 12 plus weeks now since payment, I am now very unhappy. I may sell my spot or pursue other options depending on Haggis's response.
Everything is not great with Haggis and the emperor might not have any clothing.

Sorry for the dumb question, but have you contacted them to ask?

#5921 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Sorry for the dumb question, but have you contacted them to ask?

Of course I have contacted Haggis.

My frustration peaked with the lack of transparency when i inquired about order dates etc from individuals in this forum trumpeting receiving their machine.

I won't disclose the individual I communicated with, but one person refused to disclose this information to avoid scrutiny for favoritism or early delivery outside their order position.

Haggis can be transparent or choose to deceive us moving forward.
The people in this forum can choose to support the pinball consumer community or act as a shill for manufacturers.

#5922 1 year ago

Better off to stick with Stern. Christ man....what a goddamn goat-rope....fair dinkum mate.

#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Just to clarify you have only paid a deposit?

#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

The way understand it...everything was paid.

#5925 1 year ago

anyhow.... i am staying out of this now. again....this is how i understood it. best of luck. peace out.

#5926 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

Pretty sure he’s just talking about a deposit.

Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

That’s a bit rich. If you go back and follow this thread I’m sure you can work the time periods out. I’ll happily share info, just got to look it up at work.

Here’s an overall timeline from another post I made in CGC thread, together with some other manufacturers for comparison:

- Haggis Mermaid - Deposit paid 27/4/21, received 27/10/22 - 548 Days
- Spooky HWN/UM - Deposit paid 15/7/21, received 20/10/22 - 462 Days
- CGC CCR LE - Deposit Paid 2/12/21.......... If the Australian container left today it would be about 60 days to me, so 380 days so far Plus 60 days - 440 days and counting.

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Of course I have contacted Haggis.
My frustration peaked with the lack of transparency when i inquired about order dates etc from individuals in this forum trumpeting receiving their machine.
I won't disclose the individual I communicated with, but one person refused to disclose this information to avoid scrutiny for favoritism or early delivery outside their order position.
Haggis can be transparent or choose to deceive us moving forward.
The people in this forum can choose to support the pinball consumer community or act as a shill for manufacturers.

just because someone doesn't disclose specifics about their order does not mean anything fishy is going on. Some people just might not want to show their hand to a stranger. It's comforting to know that machines are being built and are shipping. Damien is nothing but strait up. Things are not going as fast as originally planned.... well that's to be expected. If he took the full payment, rest assured he's a good guy and will make you whole eventually. Pinball is hard.

#5928 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure he’s just talking about a deposit.

That’s a bit rich. If you go back and follow this thread I’m sure you can work the time periods out. I’ll happily share info, just got to look it up at work.
Here’s an overall timeline from another post I made in CGC thread, together with some other manufacturers for comparison:
- Haggis Mermaid - Deposit paid 27/4/21, received 27/10/22 - 548 Days
- Spooky HWN/UM - Deposit paid 15/7/21, received 20/10/22 - 462 Days
- CGC CCR LE - Deposit Paid 2/12/21.......... If the Australian container left today it would be about 60 days to me, so 380 days so far Plus 60 days - 440 days and counting.

Well if he is talking about his deposit,which given his comments about selling his spot Boo Hoo!He should sell his spot then and stop this litigation type speak.In fact I will buy it off him for the same price he paid for it.

#5929 1 year ago

also got a friend that after playing mine is ready to purchase someone's deposit/full order that they don't want, he is happy to play the waiting game

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

He should sell his spot then and stop this litigation type speak.In fact I will buy it off him for the same price he paid for it.

Yep , at least there are people willing to buy these spots if they're concerned , unlike some of the guys with Halloween and Ultraman .
And people waiting over a year for their Stern games have their prices increased despite having a deposit down .

#5931 1 year ago

I thought waiting builds character?
You mean with all my waiting the only thing I'm goning to gain in the end is a new pinball machine?

Yes I've paid in full
Yes it's been over 8 weeks
Am I pissed? Nope
I'm waiting. Happy enough knowing its coming some day.
Happy Holidays to everyone including the Trolls

#5932 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Not sure if this will give you any piece of mind or not but for your reference,

I’m order #150, game 247, was told my spot in line/ build number was approximately 1/4 way through the build. I paid in full more than 20 weeks ago (mid July) and my game is set to ship this coming week.

I’ve gone through the same emotions of doubt , anger and worry all the way back to being excited about finally getting my game. We all wish we could see a build schedule and know when our games were coming. Outside of Spooky I’m not sure of any manufacturer that tells us their weekly output. The problem is that Haggis started completely transparent and for whatever reason chose to go quiet (self preservation Id guess). Which rightfully leads to worry and conjecture.

Just to put it in perspective, my communication with Haggis has been far better than any I received while waiting for my TBL or Alien… The big difference between the two is I knew going in I had 12 months to wait for Lebowski…. With Haggis the goal posts keep moving.

I’m 100% confident ours games are coming and I too wish everyone that has a game on order had a better idea of when….

But they are coming!

#5933 1 year ago

Here's my friend Tuna's post from 5 days ago. I suggest some of you study it.

It wasn't working for him, so he got out.

And his spot easily sold within a day.

My Fathom Mermaid pre-order spot now officially listed for sale. As stated in my ad, I have been informed by Damian that my game "is towards the end of the build list" and expected to be built in Q2 2023.
UPDATE: Sale currently PENDING

#5934 1 year ago

Hasn’t it already been sorted out that order # doesn’t correlate to build # etc? Game number means nothing because people were allowed to choose their own.
I have no clue what my order, game, build or anything number is having gone through a distributor.
Maybe I’m lucky to be in the dark without worry.

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Hasn’t it already been sorted out that order # doesn’t correlate to build # etc? Game number means nothing because people were allowed to choose their own.
I have no clue what my order, game, build or anything number is having gone through a distributor.

Oh yeah not to mention the whole “waiting for a shipping container to fill” vs air freight thing.
You’d have to be an expert in logistics to predict who gets what and when.

#5936 1 year ago

I'm order 238 on 4/27/21 and paid in full on 11/1/22. Guessing my game will be built Q1 2023.

#5937 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

The problem is that Haggis started completely transparent and for whatever reason chose to go quiet

My guess is , every time they gave an estimate they would have a parts supply issue , so then deadlines weren't met and they looked silly , so in the end better off not saying anything at all .

#5938 1 year ago

Yeah if any of you are getting cold feet and want to sell your spot, I would like to throw my hat in the ring on buying it from you.

a) I won't flip it on you
b) I happen to love Fathom
c) I have an entire aquatic themed pinball room that my wife hand painted murals of mermaids attaching people. I'd love to add a Fathom 2.0 to the collection.

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah if any you are getting cold feet and want to sell your spot, I would like to throw my hat in the ring on buying it from you.
c) I have an entire aquatic themed pinball room that my wife hand painted murals of mermaids attaching people. I'd love to add a Fathom 2.0 to the collection.

These change hands pretty regularly here with little or premium cost. If you don't get any nibbles you might try posting a wanted ad. Good luck

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my friend Tuna's post from 5 days ago. I suggest some of you study it.
It wasn't working for him, so he got out.
And his spot easily sold within a day.

Exactly! I tried to buy it shortly after it was posted and somebody was in front of me in line. It went within an hour. I missed the boat on these machines and have been patiently trying to come across a mermaid spot at cost.

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Uh, that's nobody's business but their own. Nobody owes you nothin. People giving out information is just them being nice.

#5942 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I missed the boat on these machines and have been patiently trying to come across a mermaid spot at cost.

After seeing the possibilities of the 2.0 code I honestly wouldn't buy a machine without it. The other version feels gimped to me now. Especially after looking at the feature matrix and seeing it has all the same RGB lighting, but it's just set to emulate the original lamps. Feels like a waste to buy that, knowing that it's basically just a software difference.

Maybe it makes sense for their business model. Clearly they're not able to pump out games at a crazy rate. But if I could come back later and get the 2.0 game I'd consider it. Not buying from a flipper, that's for sure.

#5943 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

After seeing the possibilities of the 2.0 code I honestly wouldn't buy a machine without it. The other version feels gimped to me now. Especially after looking at the feature matrix and seeing it has all the same RGB lighting, but it's just set to emulate the original lamps. Feels like a waste to buy that, knowing that it's basically just a software difference.
Maybe it makes sense for their business model. Clearly they're not able to pump out games at a crazy rate. But if I could come back later and get the 2.0 game I'd consider it. Not buying from a flipper, that's for sure.

Exactly. I can easily manage any FOMO I have and won’t pay flipper prices. Which is why I didn’t buy any of those spots that d0n dude was trying to sell. Just biding my time and hoping for a Christmas miracle. I agree with you the Mermaid edition is the one to get.

#5944 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah if any of you are getting cold feet and want to sell your spot, I would like to throw my hat in the ring on buying it from you.

Please post a pic of your murals. Sounds very cool!

#5945 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If only you still had your Alien for trade.

#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Well, it's supposed to be series ticket holders first (fulfilled) THEN order number get's their invoice and if they pay it, they are in line at time of payment. Why would HAGGIS skip order numbers and ship games to those that ordered later than those that got in first? This is NOT confusing limited edition machine number, that's a totally different thing. Your order number is your order number, then you could pick a number of your machine from there but it wouldn't affect production number.

We know that order #146 was paid for and has shipped based on information from this thread... so look at your order # and go from there. Seems pretty straight forward, eh?
Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 2.37.13 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-17 at 2.37.13 PM (resized).png

#5947 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Well, it's supposed to be series ticket holders first (fulfilled) THEN order number get's their invoice and if they pay it, they are in line at time of payment. Why would HAGGIS skip order numbers and ship games to those that ordered later than those that got in first? This is NOT confusing limited edition machine number, that's a totally different thing. Your order number is your order number, then you could pick a number of your machine from there but it wouldn't affect production number.
We know that order #146 was paid for and has shipped based on information from this thread... so look at your order # and go from there. Seems pretty straight forward, eh?
[quoted image]

How many are completed just waiting for a shipping container (40 machines) to fill?

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

If only you still had your Alien for trade.

Haha, I dunno, anyone with a little common sense would way rather have the new Pinball Bros version vs that Heighway one I sold NIB. The build quality, cabinet design, the proper non-gimped LV art package, all superior with the new ones. You lose the playfield screen, but to be honest I never loved it in the first place.

Before Alien I had been planning on making a "modern solid state" game. Maybe I still will one day, who knows, it got derailed. And then Scott did TNA and proved it was a killer idea, which made me really happy. Stern did The Beatles, which I don't love as a package, but same general deal. And I guess we'll see what this Bond 60th game is.

Seeing Fathom 2.0 it's just more proof to me that there's life in the concept. Which is why I'm being a bit vocal about wishing more people could have one really. It's an era of game design I love, but I know modern players can find it a bit dated. Adding music, RGB lighting, a little more rules to work with, that can really help bring people in.

Spooky has the best idea. Build as many games as they can handle, and sell everyone who can buy one the version they want. If less than 80% of the Scooby-Doos are the CE version I'll be shocked, and I'm probably low balling the number.

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, I dunno, anyone with a little common sense would way rather have the new Pinball Bros version vs that Heighway one I sold NIB. The build quality, cabinet design, the proper non-gimped LV art package, all superior with the new ones. You lose the playfield screen, but to be honest I never loved it in the first place.

The PF screen is the feature I miss the most. I also loved the lit side panels.

#5950 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

How many are completed just waiting for a shipping container (40 machines) to fill?

This is quoted from an E-mail I received on December 1 when I inquired about how many games they had waiting for a container.

"We don’t have a date as to when we will have a full container at this stage, I’m sorry. The vast majority of our OS customers have been electing to send their games via DHL Express..."

Honestly, what bothers me is they don't seem to know how many games they have waiting for a container. Or is it they are building games for those who elect to use DHL first?

In any case, they confirmed receipt of my payment on December 7th.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/119?hl=jarson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.