Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 156.
#5804 1 year ago

I wonder how far out people are paying 100% in full for Haggis games and not getting them for 6-8 months while they see others getting deliveries that waited that much time or longer. Kind of uneasy thinking that a company needs all your money that far up front, especially when the agreement at the time you purchased said you would NOT have to pay up front until the game is ready to ship.

I hope we start seeing more machines land in the USA. Should be any day now, right? Right?

#5805 1 year ago

Dammit , 7 missing posts and punkin got in trouble .
Anyone want to fill in the gaps ?

#5806 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Dammit , 7 missing posts and punkin got in trouble .
Anyone want to fill in the gaps ?

Let me guess, the same cheerleader telling people to ask Haggis, even though Haggis isn’t being forthright?

#5807 1 year ago

I think Haggis needs to consider weighing the option of transparency (warts and all) with their current method of saying absolutely nothing and continuously missing deadlines. Pinball Bros seem to be getting confidence back this way. “Follow us for daily updates” is still being advertised and is what a lot of people expected.

#5808 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I think Haggis needs to consider weighing the option of transparency (warts and all) with their current method of saying absolutely nothing and continuously missing deadlines

Stealing from the CGC playbook .

#5809 1 year ago

Where did posts 5794-5801 go? What happened?

#5811 1 year ago

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR4G8gGK/

Hope the seas are calmer once haggis fills a shipping container.

#5812 1 year ago

1 week shy of half a year since full payment for me for anyone keeping track. Its been a long journey and no light at the end of the tunnel yet!

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

1 week shy of half a year since full payment for me for anyone keeping track. It's been a long journey and no light at the end of the tunnel yet!

What's your order #? Is your game sitting ready to ship or ? I've seen order #142 is paid in full now and there appears to be over a dozen or more people that have paid in full in advance and don't have a game. If it's a dozen, that's almost $100K in advance AT THE VERY LEAST.

#5814 1 year ago

No idea on order number as that wasn’t communicated via Nitro. Supposedly it’s been done for several weeks just sitting there with nowhere close to a full container. Nitro is trying to coordinate alternate shipping options but it’s taking a while.

#5815 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What's your order #? Is your game sitting ready to ship or ? I've seen order #142 is paid in full now and there appears to be over a dozen or more people that have paid in full in advance and don't have a game. If it's a dozen, that's almost $100K in advance AT THE VERY LEAST.

I'm at just on 14 weeks since payment and it feels like there's a long way to go still judging by feedback.

#5816 1 year ago

My game is on a DHL flight right now and due to land in Los Angeles. Homeland Security will do their dance and then its off to Colorado.
Tentative arrival, 12-13-22

#5817 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My game is on a DHL flight right now and due to land in Los Angeles. Homeland Security will do their dance and then its off to Colorado.

That is fantastic! Congratulations.

#5818 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you don't mind how long after paying shipping was it before it was on the plane? Do you have tracking numbers. Thanks.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

If you don't mind how long after paying shipping was it before it was on the plane? Do you have tracking numbers. Thanks.

I bank wired the money to Haggis and it was on a DHL truck to the airport the next day. DHL then took over and emailed tracking numbers and a link to follow.
I just checked and my game has landed and in LA.

#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Well damnit there should be!! I kid..I kid…
Well this American was told yesterday my game will be ready to ship in the next two weeks. Like others I’ll elect DHL shipping as it didn’t sound like they were anywhere close to filling a container.

Any idea if they would discount multiple games being shipped at once to our area ? Mine is close and I know of another who’s game is ready within our 2 hour radius.

#5821 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I bank wired the money to Haggis and it was on a truck to the airport the next day. DHL then took over and emailed tracking numbers and a link to follow.

Great news. Thanks for sharing the info.

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Any idea if they would discount multiple games being shipped at once to our area ? Mine is close and I know of another who’s game is ready within our 2 hour radius.

I asked that very question and was told DHL will not discount for two machines. ....As far as international flights are concerned.

#5823 1 year ago

I know someone in the states that has a order in and has sent their cash, and he's being super quiet about it publicly and doesn't want to cause waves.. he only wants his game lol.

I am of the opinion that there are a lots of buyers here doing the same thing, staying low and keeping fingers crossed that they get their game. And I am not saying anything that I believe Haggis will or will not deliver... only what I think is going on by poking around some with buyers or "funders".

I would estimate that there are several dozen people that have sent their cash in advance and there may be almost a quarter of a million dollars (U.S.) advanced before games are shipped. What is shocking to me is the lack of numbers of actual games being seen in the U.S. given the number of buyers here. I know Cointaker has one, and there are a few, but this far along with so much money being sent out, where are all of these games? Even when TBL was held back and coin taker got a batch, we saw a lot more of them when they shipped and those were certainly low numbers.

I can't imagine that there are dozens of US buyers just waiting a half a year for a container to fill up... if you bought this game and have waited this long (and you are a buyer in this hobby of games), the $1500 shipping cost doesn't seem out of line. I've paid $600 to ship a game in the U.S. alone, and when you buy a NIB stern you can get almost $1K in taxes and shipping when you buy an LE.. so all of a sudden all of the Fathom buyers are the hobby cheapskates unwilling to pay for expedited shipping?

#5824 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I know someone in the states that has a order in and has sent their cash, and he's being super quiet about it publicly and doesn't want to cause waves.. he only wants his game lol.
I am of the opinion that there are a lots of buyers here doing the same thing, staying low and keeping fingers crossed that they get their game. And I am not saying anything that I believe Haggis will or will not deliver... only what I think is going on by poking around some with buyers or "funders".
I would estimate that there are several dozen people that have sent their cash in advance and there may be almost a quarter of a million dollars (U.S.) advanced before games are shipped. What is shocking to me is the lack of numbers of actual games being seen in the U.S. given the number of buyers here. I know Cointaker has one, and there are a few, but this far along with so much money being sent out, where are all of these games? Even when TBL was held back and coin taker got a batch, we saw a lot more of them when they shipped and those were certainly low numbers.
I can't imagine that there are dozens of US buyers just waiting a half a year for a container to fill up... if you bought this game and have waited this long (and you are a buyer in this hobby of games), the $1500 shipping cost doesn't seem out of line. I've paid $600 to ship a game in the U.S. alone, and when you buy a NIB stern you can get almost $1K in taxes and shipping when you buy an LE.. so all of a sudden all of the Fathom buyers are the hobby cheapskates unwilling to pay for expedited shipping?

So you know someONE and that is enough information to come up with the quarter of a million USD figure? Any chance of next weeks lotto numbers?

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

So you know someONE and that is enough information to come up with the quarter of a million USD figure? Any chance of next weeks lotto numbers?

It's somewhat funny you mentioned the lotto... because to buyers sending full payment to a company 1/2 a year ahead of the game being ready to ship when the company said the payment would only be needed at the time the game was ready to ship.. it kind of is the lotto. Now I'm not saying people aren't going to get their games or are in fact going to get their games... but the production has been amazingly slow and lots of money going one way without games going the other way.

I've been watching the numbers closely (order numbers especially and who's sent $$), and how it compares historically to other boutique pinball releases, and while people are getting just the bare minimum to keep them happy (no updates and the once every 2 months picture of a new game someone got in Australia), is it really enough? I've owned my own business and slow and low is NEVER good for the long term.

#5826 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's somewhat funny you mentioned the lotto... because to buyers sending full payment to a company 1/2 a year ahead of the game being ready to ship when the company said the payment would only be needed at the time the game was ready to ship.. it kind of is the lotto. Now I'm not saying people aren't going to get their games or are in fact going to get their games... but the production has been amazingly slow and lots of money going one way without games going the other way.
I've been watching the numbers closely (order numbers especially and who's sent $$), and how it compares historically to other boutique pinball releases, and while people are getting just the bare minimum to keep them happy (no updates and the once every 2 months picture of a new game someone got in Australia), is it really enough? I've owned my own business and slow and low is NEVER good for the long term.

order numbers and money sent from that someONE you know???????Too much crystal ball gazing here IMO

#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

order numbers and money sent from that someONE you know???????Too much crystal ball gazing here IMO

I mean, you could say that your blind defense is... even worse. Yes, I know an exact order number that was paid for in advance and according to Haggis, they are shipping by order number as long as the person pays up front when requested (there could be a swap in order number if one person pays their invoice before the other if invoices are sent to multiple numbers and the latter number pays first). I know of order numbers that are much farther in number that were also paid in full that are sitting unfulfilled. Even if there are a few numbers that don't count (for whatever reason), there are still a significant amount of pre-pays out there. And by pre-pays, I mean machines PAID IN FULL as though the customer is buying a finished machine.

I admire your blind defense, but if we're being honest here Haggis is NOT TRANSPARENT and went from frequent updates to rare updates, to NO UPDATES as time passed. And that coincides with more payments being made in full in time. Not the best pattern, don't you think?

I want Haggis to succeed.. but in order to succeed, people need to receive their NIB paid for pins! At this rate, it will be 3 years for the rest of the Mermaid editions to get built and shipped... especially to the USA.

#5828 1 year ago

A full 20 footer should've have been packed and sent on it's way to the US buyers months and months ago.

#5829 1 year ago

I'd be interested in knowing the level of re-write involved in the classic version of the code vs the new updated code? Just wondering/hoping the original code is basically a direct port to the new system, rather than having to be re-written for the new system. The concern is not just that classic mode is true to the original in every way possible (including the 8-bit sounds), but also that it doesn't have to go through major debugging like the updated software still does. Has anyone spent some time playing in classic mode and cares to give a quick review?

#5830 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I want Haggis to succeed.. but in order to succeed, people need to receive their NIB paid for pins!

Are you waiting for one?

#5831 1 year ago

Wouldn't they just use emulation (pinmame) to do the classic code? Then it would be 100% accurate with no effort.

Quoted from John_I:

I'd be interested in knowing the level of re-write involved in the classic version of the code vs the new updated code? Just wondering/hoping the original code is basically a direct port to the new system, rather than having to be re-written for the new system. The concern is not just that classic mode is true to the original in every way possible (including the 8-bit sounds), but also that it doesn't have to go through major debugging like the updated software still does. Has anyone spent some time playing in classic mode and cares to give a quick review?

#5832 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Are you waiting for one?

Kind of funny you ask. Not directly, but a good friend is and I'm buying his old restored Fathom once his Haggis arrives.

#5833 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wouldn't they just use emulation (pinmame) to do the classic code? Then it would be 100% accurate with no effort.

That is what I'm hoping. I suppose the fact they are using Fast Pinball boards would make that they most likely scenario now that I think of it. I really just want a "new Fathom" when mine eventually arrives. None of the other bells and whistles are important in the least bit to me beyond build quality, a beautiful machine and original game play and sounds. Build quality and beautiful machine seem 100% verified at this point!

#5834 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I mean, you could say that your blind defense is... even worse. Yes, I know an exact order number that was paid for in advance and according to Haggis, they are shipping by order number as long as the person pays up front when requested (there could be a swap in order number if one person pays their invoice before the other if invoices are sent to multiple numbers and the latter number pays first). I know of order numbers that are much farther in number that were also paid in full that are sitting unfulfilled. Even if there are a few numbers that don't count (for whatever reason), there are still a significant amount of pre-pays out there. And by pre-pays, I mean machines PAID IN FULL as though the customer is buying a finished machine.
I admire your blind defense, but if we're being honest here Haggis is NOT TRANSPARENT and went from frequent updates to rare updates, to NO UPDATES as time passed. And that coincides with more payments being made in full in time. Not the best pattern, don't you think?
I want Haggis to succeed.. but in order to succeed, people need to receive their NIB paid for pins! At this rate, it will be 3 years for the rest of the Mermaid editions to get built and shipped... especially to the USA.

So you have all this information from someONE? Must be the bookkeeper at Haggis?And it seems your real beef is you want to buy an original Fathom from the someONE who has an order in with Haggis and that someONE has paid in full and is waiting to receive the machine?

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I bank wired the money to Haggis and it was on a DHL truck to the airport the next day. DHL then took over and emailed tracking numbers and a link to follow.

LUK when it arrives, Pics or it didn't happen, Wink, Wink, Congrats Kim !!

#5836 1 year ago
Quoted from v8torino:

LUK when it arrives, Pics or it didn't happen, Wink, Wink, Congrats Kim !!

Thanks, Kirk, I hope all is well.

#5837 1 year ago

Yep Kim,
Thumbs up, having some fun here too this week, But wishing the best to you and LTG and JJ,etc etc. - Everybody really !! Merry Christmas !!

Really just a guy pluggin away thru life. Was 61 last month and enjoying some time off here and there with my job lately,and playing my Munsters and AFMr since the Fall and Winter has hit here in these parts.

#5838 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone spent some time playing in classic mode and cares to give a quick review?

Yes. It plays the same as classic as I have observed so far. Though you can elect to have ball save.

#5839 1 year ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

Yes. It plays the same as classic as I have observed so far. Though you can elect to have ball save.

Oh that's cool. I need all the help I can get! I have the new MPU in my Black Hole and that ball saver comes in handy on those immediate drains.

#5840 1 year ago
Quoted from gold1:

So you have all this information from someONE? Must be the bookkeeper at Haggis?And it seems your real beef is you want to buy an original Fathom from the someONE who has an order in with Haggis and that someONE has paid in full and is waiting to receive the machine?

Please remember, Haggis was supposed to only gather full payment at the time a persons game was ready to ship. That was how they got off the ground and with all of the other huge failures of companies that were taking payment up front, they convinced people to send them a healthy downpayment under those terms. I am not convinced anyone would have jumped at the time had they been told they will be entering a "send it all and wait for what you get with no updates" situation.

And again, I will say this... this is about transparency and being up front, and nothing else. I want Haggis to succeed and want a Haggis Centaur, Medusa, and whatever else they can give us! But at this point, with how absolutely slow games appear to be rolling (and it IS slow) out I am not convinced this will happen. This is only my opinion and I think I'm being 100% fair here. And like others have mentioned, the number of games in the USA is staggering low at this juncture.

My numbers are speculative but are an educated guess based on real numbers. Haggis hung their hat on transparency and updates early on because they knew that in the past people got burned with boutique pinball runs just like this... and it doesn't take much to do updates. The reason you start hiding, in my humble opinion, is because things aren't going as planned (things are going bad).

But we have a lot of defenders and "things are going good" people here, but it's hard not to notice that most of those are overseas supporters where most of the games have seemed to have been delivered.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 2.27.42 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-12-09 at 2.27.42 PM (resized).png
#5841 1 year ago

Haggis is doing the bare minimum to keep people happy right now. Take away with you what you want from that. I think that buyers have been very understanding.

Also, when it changed from full payment at the time the game is ready to ship it turned into "game will ship as it is ready BUT you pay now ahead of everything and we'll produce the game (with that cash) and it will be ready in 2 months". That is now absolutely not true or what we are seeing.

#5842 1 year ago

I have to agree with all the above statements , it would be nice if they continued with all stated promises.
But at the end of the day, shit happens.
I think we all know that a combination of Covid and all its long felt ramifications ie. staff, supply, lockdowns etc. and also spoilt shit heads on public forums had a lot to do with these current issues.
I wish I had my mermaid now, I have been told next year, which I understand.
A hell of a lot of people have reached out to not only me but others asking what I and others think and the answer is always the same.
Haggis idea was and started off AWESOME in its initial selling points BUT they have suffered issues which made the goal posts change. Believe me, they won't be happy about the world at present either.
I wish they were more transparent and forthright BUT it is a small BOUTIQUE Pinball Company and do what's best to stay afloat and build peoples machines. They are building/ delivering pinball machines.
Maybe we could all do with a Christmas video keeping us up to date on their business and our machines?

My faith is strong. Go Haggis. Celts is AWESOME

Remember that are not even close to Stern, Spooky, AP, CGC etc. but a very small business with a great product which can only grow.

#5843 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

and also spoilt shit heads on public forums had a lot to do with these current issues.

How so?

#5844 1 year ago

I'm not speaking for Old School , but when a podcaster says , (during a time when manufacturers from small to large had long delays due to part shortages , and they still do) they wouldn't receive their games ,.
If enough people pull out , it can have a negative effect on the company .

#5845 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm not speaking for Old School , but when a podcaster says , (during a time when manufacturers from small to large had long delays due to part shortages , and they still do) they wouldn't receive their games ,.
If enough people pull out , it can have a negative effect on the company .

I wasn’t aware there was a significant amount of pull outs, was that the case?

#5846 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I'm just going off what I've read in this thread , if there's enough doubt put in people's Minds , it could affect a company's sales .
I don't have any facts or figures , just my generalisation .

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Non-refundable deposits had a large effect on that. Still does. Some people sold their deposits at a loss.

There's been a lot of drama, on again, off again throughout this thread.

#5848 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Non-refundable deposits had a large effect on that. Still does. Some people sold their deposits at a loss.
There's been a lot of drama, on again, off again throughout this thread.

Well aware, I’ve been here from the beginning. I haven’t heard of anyone abandoning a deposit so I was curious if that has been happening.

Quoted from screaminr:

I'm just going off what I've read in this thread , if there's enough doubt put in people's Minds , it could affect a company's sales .
I don't have any facts or figures , just my generalisation .

They cut off mermaid sales at a defined date so unless deposits were abandoned, how is Haggis affected?

Still curious how Kaneda, I assume that’s the podcaster in question, could have had any affect on Haggis’ communication and production capabilities.

#5849 1 year ago

I picked up a deposit thru a distro that had changed hands many times. Not sure as to why for everytime. Guy i got it from got the old version of game and didn't want to wait any longer.. Distro is patient and open with communication.

#5850 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Well aware, I’ve been here from the beginning. I haven’t heard of anyone abandoning a deposit so I was curious if that has been happening.

Why would anybody announce abandoning a deposit when so much shame and ridicule has already been dished out by Pinside?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 7,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/117?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.