432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 156.
#5501 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just re-read all three of your recent quotes. Do you have any new information that you could share? Or any solid information that we are not already aware of?
If not, then congratulations to you for stating what we already know, along with your hysteria. And good job on overlooking some of the recent positive developments.
We are all adults and aware of any risks here and yes, some risk still remains. Some are even being discussed right now by a reluctant buyer.
Sorry but we're not going to jump up and down, screaming and yelling ""bloody murder"" for your entertainment. Pretty sure we can handle it ourselves from here.

Totally. Seems like every few weeks somebody comes here with their hair on fire trying to save us from ourselves. From what I can tell everyone here has been in the game long enough to know the risk. Nobody is buying a Fathom remake as their first game.

#5502 1 year ago

the-sky-is-falling-chicken-little.gifthe-sky-is-falling-chicken-little.gif

#5503 1 year ago

Was curious if anyone ordered a Mermaid game in or near the Massachusetts or New England area in general? I'm in for one and live in Western Massachusetts. Reason I'm asking is usually North American transportation or STI offer a 2 for 1 deal when your shipping a game to same place on same pallet. My thinking is to check if the air shipping option that some are using with DHL might offer this same deal, then two people could split the 1700 dollar cost to get game air shipped to our closest centeral warehouse location where we would both drive to to pick it up. That would save $850 dollars for each of us. Of course, this would mean that DHL or another Air shipping company would be willing to offer the 2 for 1 same pallet deal that North American movers STI does. I figured I'd check here first to see if there's any other person close here in New England that ordered a mermaid and would want to do that before calling DHL to see if that or any other discount could be worked out.

#5504 1 year ago

A pallet is 4' x 4'. How would you fit two boxed games on it?

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from CQQLKAT-LEE:

Was curious if anyone ordered a Mermaid game in or near the Massachusetts or New England area in general? I'm in for one and live in Western Massachusetts. Reason I'm asking is usually North American transportation or STI offer a 2 for 1 deal when your shipping a game to same place on same pallet. My thinking is to check if the air shipping option that some are using with DHL might offer this same deal, then two people could split the 1700 dollar cost to get game air shipped to our closest centeral warehouse location where we would both drive to to pick it up. That would save $850 dollars for each of us. Of course, this would mean that DHL or another Air shipping company would be willing to offer the 2 for 1 same pallet deal that North American movers STI does. I figured I'd check here first to see if there's any other person close here in New England that ordered a mermaid and would want to do that before calling DHL to see if that or any other discount could be worked out.

I'd be very surprised if DHL or any other major (premium) courier/freight firm would give you that sort of deal. In reverse, from a much shorter distance than Aus - USA, I was quoted $2200 to for Fedex to send 1 palleted pinball air frieght to Aus from a fairly close Asian country. I politely declined and organised my own 17 day delivery inclusive sea freight for $1000.

#5506 1 year ago

Yeh, 2 for 1 deals in freight are a distant memory. These days it’s more likely 1 for 2, and that’s on a good day.

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Totally. Seems like every few weeks somebody comes here with their hair on fire trying to save us from ourselves. From what I can tell everyone here has been in the game long enough to know the risk. Nobody is buying a Fathom remake as their first game.

I subscribe to Kaneda and enjoy his show, although he and I often disagree. He's very convincing and jeffspinballpalace was simply echoing the Kaneda philosophy concerning Haggis.
Former Pinsider, dOn, was also a follower and we all remember why he flamed out here.

Some of his devoted listeners need to step outside the Kaneda box and try thinking on their own.

#5508 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I subscribe to Kaneda and enjoy his show, although he and I often disagree. He's very convincing and jeffspinballpalace was simply echoing the Kaneda philosophy concerning Haggis.
Former Pinsider, dOn, was also a follower and we all remember why he flamed out here.
Some of his devoted listeners need to step outside the Kaneda box and try thinking on their own.

He’s not wrong but the concerns he harps on about transparency and timelines are plaguing the entire industry. Would I prefer more transparency? Of course. We got a lot of education and entertainment from the build process/ update videos Haggis was excellent at making.
I refrained from purchasing the series ticket and opted for the wait and see approach. I think it’s far too premature to make that kind of investment in Haggis’ future especially given the state of boutique pinball in 2022.
I am excited for my eventual machine because the apparent quality and detail far exceeds any expectations I had.
I would love to be comfortable enough one day to pull the trigger on the rest of the series. That ball is in Haggis’ court.

#5509 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

He’s not wrong but the concerns he harps on about transparency and timelines are plaguing the entire industry.

I'd like more transparence too and you're right, it is industry wide and not just Haggis. But look what happened when Haggis posted their last video.

**No employees in that video! - No production line! - What are they hiding!?! CONSPIRIACY just like Heighway!!

You see, Haggis is damned if the do and damned if they don't. I know from running my own business over the years, the difficult and tough decisions are NEVER popular or welcomed.
They are adapting to an unexpected environment and you do what you need to do to move forward.

It's my guess that Haggis made a decision to let their actions speak louder than words. They've decided to quietly take the beating upfront because they know that everything will be forgotten once they're on top of things. And slowly but surely, they are making and shipping games and recently it seems like they're picking up the pace.

This past comparison to Heighway Pinball that got very loud, was nothing but lowbrow drama. A more fair comparison for Haggis would be to Dutch Pinball. Don't forget, Dutch Pinball went completely dark for YEARS with ZERO games going out. Was it 4 years they went dark?

And now Dutch Pinball is a respectable company to those same people that once yelled the loudest at them. In comparison, Haggis right now is light years ahead of Dutch at this stage of their company development.

Does this mean that Haggis will survive and thrive? I hope so but I really don't know for certain and nobody does. But right now I like my chances and theirs.

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd like more transparence too and you're right, it is industry wide and not just Haggis.

So true. I've done some complaining about Haggis public relations, but they are nowhere near the top of my list right now on transparency. I want to know where the f*ck are my Mandalorian topper and Rush Expression lights? Hello Stern? Not like they will answer an email with questions like these either. Haha I don't even bother.

#5511 1 year ago

Order a Ford Bronco ... at least 3 years for one of those ...

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

But … they tell you up front … And the deposit is refundable.

But if Haggis is allowing people out by transferring their order to next person in queue and refunding the first person, that is great news. That means there is a way out and that’s all that has been missing. If people can liquidate their spot through the actions by Haggis to match them with a new buyer, then the issue is solved for now. It is only when buyers dry up and nobody is there to take over that it becomes a big problem. This happened early in the production cycle and d0n was there to help with liquidity. But it is no longer an issue as more interested parties have appeared and are buying in as machines are offered.

#5513 1 year ago

IF Haggis is allowing transfers?????

You were one of the first to do it months ago.

It's a funny little world you live in.

#5514 1 year ago

BTW, turnaround on an email that wasn't where's my game was 24hr's.

#5515 1 year ago

it was 2 years on the ford bronco and they had consumer price protection rebates. I ordered mine in 2020 and got it this spring. the dealer is trying to stiff me on the rebate and paid me 1000 out of 2600, but i will likely prevail.

Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I paid mine on Friday (begrudgingly) and have no confidence it will turn up in anything like 8 weeks. Early next year, maybe.

I paid mine on Friday (begrudgingly) and have no confidence it will turn up in anything like 8 weeks. Early next year, maybe.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You see, Haggis is damned if the do and damned if they don't.

There will always be 'noise' - 'you can't please all the people, all the time' -- But this is not a reason to do a full on retreat, unless you are so thin-skinned you can't face any criticism. I don't think that is a concern here. Dialog usually fills in the gaps, but 'hit and run' snips usually leave big gaps people try to fill in themselves. Meaningful engagement with credible points, not retreat, is how you build confidence.

Quoted from Mr68:

I know from running my own business over the years, the difficult and tough decisions are NEVER popular or welcomed.

Sure, but do you try to hide those decisions, or do you inform and try to align the stakeholders on why this was the best option? I don't think Haggis (or any other) should lay their business guts on the table and be ran by the mob... but 'the hunker in the bunker method' is not the only way, and certainly not a very popular way when you are building boutique products for a specialized market.

Quoted from Mr68:

This past comparison to Heighway Pinball that got very loud, was nothing but lowbrow drama. A more fair comparison for Haggis would be to Dutch Pinball. Don't forget, Dutch Pinball went completely dark for YEARS with ZERO games going out. Was it 4 years they went dark?
And now Dutch Pinball is a respectable company to those same people that once yelled the loudest at them

Nah, they proved they would follow-through on their commitment by shipping a significant # of games to EAs. But everyone is still operating with, at most, a promise with loose obligations and a long way to go before all EAs are made whole. Dutch have shown their resolve no doubt, but everyone is still running with a very high risk of exposure. People are giving them slack as they continue to hope to fall on the good side of the line. There is still lots of 'give and take' when dealing with DPL because people know things are thin and getting 'some resolution' is better than none... even if it costs you more out of pocket then it should.

I mean.. do a simple litmus test for Haggis. They have shipped what we expect is a few dozen games yeah? Imagine if next month they dropped a video reveal for their next game and were taking non-refundable deposits for that game. Would consensus be to rush to it without hesitation? Or would people still be hesitate with concerns about the timing, viability and delivery timelines?

Shipping games is solid progress... be it Haggis or Dutch... but shipping games alone is not the magic wand that makes everything to a happy spot where they can ensure steady success and be 'respectable' as you put it. We are at the 'crawl' stage here.. I hope we see Haggis continue to progress beyond that.

#5517 1 year ago

Between this thread and the TNA 2.0 thread there are a lot of people worried about other peoples money.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

it was 2 years on the ford bronco and they had consumer price protection rebates

Luckily I didn't order , heard they are having engine issues, but then again very thing and one are having issues.

Back to Haggis sorry for the derailment of thread.

#5519 1 year ago

I ordered a TNA 2. zero worries on getting it. Fathom is a much better machine and value.

Quoted from rai:Between this thread and the TNA 2.0 thread there are a lot of people worried about other peoples money.

#5520 1 year ago

The man knows what he has to do, after all it's his business.

Started of with a global kick in the ghoulies and they just kept coming.

He's on track now and concentrating on throughput he said to me.

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nah, they proved they would follow-through on their commitment by shipping a significant # of games to EAs. But everyone is still operating with, at most, a promise with loose obligations and a long way to go before all EAs are made whole. Dutch have shown their resolve no doubt, but everyone is still running with a very high risk of exposure. People are giving them slack as they continue to hope to fall on the good side of the line. There is still lots of 'give and take' when dealing with DPL because people know things are thin and getting 'some resolution' is better than none... even if it costs you more out of pocket then it should.

Nope. According to Cointaker, Dutch Pinball is now offering full cash refunds to any remaining EA's.

As to the remainder of your comments, you and I can just agree to disagree. (hopefully, LOL)

Edit for clarity: Cointaker is offering the refunds on TBL for the EA's.

#5522 1 year ago

TBL is awesome. Glad to hear dutch is doing this. I'd imagine it would be a loss to take original price in cash back rather than flip the machine NIB.

Quoted from Mr68:Nope. According to Cointaker, Dutch Pinball is now offering full cash refunds to any remaining EA's.
As to the remainder of you comments, you and I can just agree to disagree. (hopefully, LOL)

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

TBL is awesome. Glad to hear dutch is doing this. I'd imagine it would be a loss to take original price in cash back rather than flip the machine NIB.

In my opinion, with games now selling for $13,000, I think very few would take the cash option. But then you never know.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Edit for clarity: Cointaker is offering the refunds on TBL for the EA's.

So if that is cointaker… how does that add credibility or confidence in DPLs actions? At best its 3rd party confidence.

#5525 1 year ago

haggis-card-games.gifhaggis-card-games.gif

#5526 1 year ago

When you are open, honest and regular with communications and people STILL act like children.
I would absolutely do what they are doing, head down, bum up and let the children play!
I have nothing but admiration for Haggis as they are producing a product worthy of the Australian made logo.
#walkyourownpath

(resized).png (resized).png
#5527 1 year ago

88b31bf8a1dadf3a1ee9de9ed4b54fee.gif88b31bf8a1dadf3a1ee9de9ed4b54fee.gif

#5528 1 year ago

Hey all

It would seem there are some people who are nervous about sending their balance money in when they receive notification. I understand and can appreciate your reluctance, however I have no such concerns.

If you know my story you would know that I have a 2nd game ordered towards the end of the line.

If your number is approaching build time or further up the line. And if you would prefer to wait and see if Haggis is going to make it or not, I would like to trade spots with you.

I can also offer some cash to sweeten the deal depending how far up the line you are.

I think you'd be crazy to accept my offer, but then again, someone may find it appealing.
Can't hurt to talk so shoot me a PM if you like. - Thanks

#5529 1 year ago

Rochester Pinball Collective's Fathom 2.0 is unplayable- it's blowing a fuse and they can't diagnose it because Haggis won't send the schematics. Anyone experience this problem? I can forward you the RPC's information.

#5530 1 year ago

Of course as expected in the most pinball Murphy's Law way, 5 days after I pay for my Mermaid, Stern drop Bond. D'oh, talk about an expensive month :facepalm:

#5531 1 year ago

You are a theme man, hey?

A mate of mine up here is the same, he get's excited about themes.

Played his newest machine the other day, he got a GZle because he liked the theme.

It works out sometimes i say.

More of a theme integration man, myself.

Theme takes a backseat to how well it's executed and how immersive it is.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Rochester Pinball Collective's Fathom 2.0 is unplayable- it's blowing a fuse and they can't diagnose it because Haggis won't send the schematics. Anyone experience this problem? I can forward you the RPC's information.

Given that all the boards are the FAST system, check out their website, there is some basic information and diagrams about the boards there. If that doesn't help I'd say ask FAST for more info about their boards.

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Can confirm that we have this off the floor now for the last few weeks. Since we opened the case with Haggis, Fast has published references for the I/O boards (that or somehow we did not see them initially). It is a bit of a slow go for sure. But we will have parts soon from Haggis, as this is either a faulty coil, or possibly a problem on the 3208 I/O board, unfortunately this means a week or two more as this all needs to go through customs...

#5534 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are a theme man, hey?
A mate of mine up here is the same, he get's excited about themes.
Played his newest machine the other day, he got a GZle because he liked the theme.
It works out sometimes i say.
More of a theme integration man, myself.
Theme takes a backseat to how well it's executed and how immersive it is.

I am, but of I take into account designers, build, and gameplay they've put into the machine. I've been around pinball too long to ignore that aspect. It's only here with our tight availability via AMD that we have to worry about 'being on the list' for LE's etc. Doesn't stop one from saying 'no thanks' when the reveal and gameplay comes though.
On the other hand you can't get me to buy a theme I'm not into on the basis 'its such a great playing' title. Fathom is a nice original IP theme, but more an art piece game that plays well to me as an example.

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ah I see. Thankfully I get all my opinions and philosophies from a different podcast.

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Ah I see. Thankfully I get all my opinions and philosophies from a different podcast.

Ugh. Re-reading my post just now makes me feel a little guilty. Again...

I'm friends with Kaneda and I get a lot of enjoyment and entertainment from his podcast. And like many friends, we can disagree and sometimes argue.

Haggis is a bone of contention between us and sparks fly while texting.

While he's not always correct, he has a pretty good record along with the best rumors and inside scoops out there. If you scratch beneath the surface you realize he really works hard behind the scenes to a bring fresh perspective and interesting chatter.

He does lean towards the negative and sceptic side of things and he too often will beat a dead horse. But like any opinion out there, listeners should take a step back and assess it with a grain of salt. Then make your own determination.

The interesting thing about him going private on Patreon is his listeners can and do make comments in reply to his show. Aside from a few of his fanboys, some pretty thoughtful and sometimes sarcastic people there. They can and do give him some balance and hold him accountable.

$5 bucks a month, no contract and haters need not reply to my comment. Unless they really need to get it off their chest.

#5537 1 year ago

Fathom Mermaid edition has finally landed in Vermont.

CD10B50A-7089-484C-88E3-019CEADF085A (resized).jpegCD10B50A-7089-484C-88E3-019CEADF085A (resized).jpeg
#5538 1 year ago

It is great seeing these new Fathoms arriving in the USA.

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Can confirm that we have this off the floor now for the last few weeks. Since we opened the case with Haggis, Fast has published references for the I/O boards (that or somehow we did not see them initially). It is a bit of a slow go for sure. But we will have parts soon from Haggis, as this is either a faulty coil, or possibly a problem on the 3208 I/O board, unfortunately this means a week or two more as this all needs to go through customs...

So the replacement board is shipping from AU and not direct from FAST? Is it not a standard FAST part?

#5540 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Fathom Mermaid edition has finally landed in Vermont. [quoted image]

Leave the garage door open, I'm on my way up to play it.

#5541 1 year ago

Going next Friday to Pinfest Newcastle where i'll get to play a Mermaid.

Can't wait!

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Going next Friday to Pinfest Newcastle where i'll get to play a Mermaid.
Can't wait!

See you there. Fathom Mermaid and your Sunset Riders...what a weekend it's going to be.

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I subscribe to Kaneda and enjoy his show,

How does it work when subbing to him? Do you get links to listen to the podcasts or have access to a private server?

#5544 1 year ago

The latest Slam Tilt podcast, Bruce stated they have one at the place and it's been a lot of problems. Fuses blowing and not able to troubleshoot easily without schematics or documentation. Anyone else having any issues at all?

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The latest Slam Tilt podcast, Bruce stated they have one at the place and it's been a lot of problems. Fuses blowing and not able to troubleshoot easily without schematics or documentation. Anyone else having any issues at all?

Not major issues. Couple of display gremlins but I think that’s more a coding problem.

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No issues on mine but I have only had it for a day. Couple small bugs in the code but I know they are working on some of these issues right now.

#5547 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How does it work when subbing to him? Do you get links to listen to the podcasts or have access to a private server?

You can listen directly from Patreon or use a private link that you load into the podcast app of your choice. Once you load the private link to your app it will act like any other podcast you subscribe to and auto update when new content is available.

#5548 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Not major issues. Couple of display gremlins but I think that’s more a coding problem.

We reported display issues as well, and have word that there is work being done to correct this, and should have a software patch coming soon. Both for the score/segment displays, and occasional in apron screen blanking/resets..

#5549 1 year ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

So the replacement board is shipping from AU and not direct from FAST? Is it not a standard FAST part?

I did reach out to FAST as well for troubleshooting tips, they reached out to Haggis and also offered to ship a replacement instead of having to have one take a round trip to AU.. Hopefully will have this whole thing resolved early next week..

#5550 1 year ago

Folks with a Fathom, can you look to see how the wires to this coil are routed on the large bank of drop targets. Found where I think caused our first short, there was a small spot of insulation worn that somehow we did not see until last night. The wear was just near the lower coil in the picture, maybe where it was ziptied to the mech or possibly had a chance of getting caught by the mech movement itself. Unfortunately I had no other pictures of how it was ziptied or routed, but might be worth a look to see if you might have the same situation.. Our game got quite a few plays the first couple weeks it was on the floor..

IMG-5595 (1) (resized).jpgIMG-5595 (1) (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/111?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.