CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 154.
#5451 1 year ago

Quick, get me some tissues!

#5452 1 year ago

you-have-to-accept-reality-delusional.gifyou-have-to-accept-reality-delusional.gif

#5453 1 year ago

Nice pics! While you have the camera out …

I was wondering how they handle the light inserts with the acrylic playfield.

Are there any inserts? Or does the light shine through a hole in the ply, then through the printed acrylic?

rd

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Are there any inserts? Or does the light shine through a hole in the ply, then through the printed acrylic?
rd

There is no inserts. Just the hole in the ply. I’ll get a couple of snaps of that but I’d say the phone camera will blow out the led colours.

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

The Haggis video shows the thick piece of plastic that goes over the playfield has the art printed on the bottom of it and the plywood is white with holes in it. So no need for inserts (except maybe to block light bleed). That leads to my other question; whether that light/color bleed that is very visible in the pictures and videos is visible to the naked eye or if it is only a figment picked up by the camera? The alignment problems are based on the artwork not lining up properly with the holes in the wood and may be exaggerated by the parallax from that plastic cover and the camera angle (but we are not allowed to discuss this here in this discussion forum for some reason).

I noticed the felt strip along the playfield side edges. This is a nice touch and helps protect the paint on the inside of the cabinet when raising and lowering the playfield. I've done this on some old games that I've re-painted the cabinet on and it really works well.

1dc3491829957ff0a9d5fd220e77c3f60cd4a1a4 (resized).jpg1dc3491829957ff0a9d5fd220e77c3f60cd4a1a4 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpgb2d69f5c1df06add228c12c31e35a3c0007f9f7b (resized).jpgb2d69f5c1df06add228c12c31e35a3c0007f9f7b (resized).jpg
#5456 1 year ago

I’ll say it again. You need to see it in person. The camera does NOT show what it really looks like. I can show a million pictures and it does not look like how it really is to the naked eye.
I do not notice the thickness of the top layer unless I put my nose on the glass and look for it. It definitely feels different but I don’t think it’s bad. One thing I have noticed is even with lifting the playfield as advised it still has a lot of flexing. It seems strong across the length and width but twists very easily.

#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ll say it again. You need to see it in person. The camera does NOT show what it really looks like. I can show a million pictures and it does not look like how it really is to the naked eye.
I do not notice the thickness of the top layer unless I put my nose on the glass and look for it. It definitely feels different but I don’t think it’s bad. One thing I have noticed is even with lifting the playfield as advised it still has a lot of flexing. It seems strong across the length and width but twists very easily.

I'm glad to hear that the light bleed is not visible to the naked eye. No one had specifically verified that before even though it is very visible in all of the pictures and videos. That would probably have driven me crazy and hopefully will not be visible even in a dark game room like mine.

Interflip from Spain used a similar plastic cover on their playfields back in the 1970's. The my friend's Dragon playfield looks and plays great to this day and most people don't even notice the plastic cover until you point it out. In that case though I believe the art was on the wood and the plastic cover was thinner. I also never noticed alignment issues.

#5458 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

That leads to my other question; whether that light/color bleed that is very visible in the pictures and videos is visible to the naked eye or if it is only a figment picked up by the camera?

I found light bleed for you, it does exist, but it's not noticeable in attract mode or gameplay, I've gone 2 weeks not seeing any. I was actually working on proving to you that there is no light bleed..... My plan was to actually try different camera settings on a DSLR instead of just a phone camera to attempt to show the game better...
When I put the game into diagnostic mode and cycled through the lights I was able to notice the light bleed on most inserts.
Then during a very close up inspection during attract mode, the only insert that had very noticeable light bleed was the "in sequence" insert below the drop targets, this insert has a solid single colour all around it which makes it easier to see the light bleed. In attract mode and gameplay you also don't really see it because there is other general illumination light flooding the playfield, plus most lights only flash so you don't get a chance to inspect it closely.
It is there, but the camera greatly exaggerates the light bleed. You really have to go searching for it.

#5459 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

It is there, but the camera greatly exaggerates the light bleed. You really have to go searching for it.

I saw the game in person - looked like an original to me.

Hence why I asked the question.

If they don’t use inserts, that’s clever. Saves a step in the production process. And $50 worth of inserts.

The acrylic playfield is clever. Same as Electra and European games like Interflip Dragon (as mentioned)

If I was setting up a pinball factory in NZ I would do the same thing.

rd

#5460 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If I was setting up a pinball factory in NZ I would do the same thing.
rd

this would be good!

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

this would be good!

Nah, not viable.

All the parts are in the USA.

All the customers are in the USA. (And a few in Aussie)

It would make sense to get my games made in the USA.

rd

#5462 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nah, not viable.
All the parts are in the USA.
All the customers are in the USA. (And a few in Aussie)
It would make sense to get my games made in the USA.
rd

Or contract to Damian or Scott.

#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Or contract to Damian or Scott.

I think Damian has enough on his plate for a while!

rd

#5464 1 year ago

Guess what arrived today……………game is stunning!!!!!!

2C2334ED-A0D7-4AF7-9847-9D9468E71923 (resized).jpeg2C2334ED-A0D7-4AF7-9847-9D9468E71923 (resized).jpeg341CAF28-B9F6-422E-8C72-86717A0DFCBD (resized).jpeg341CAF28-B9F6-422E-8C72-86717A0DFCBD (resized).jpeg637A7E43-A7DF-4B26-A4BA-BE1513BAB80E (resized).jpeg637A7E43-A7DF-4B26-A4BA-BE1513BAB80E (resized).jpeg7040146F-BB7E-4E2A-BAC6-7E5C27B5A912 (resized).jpeg7040146F-BB7E-4E2A-BAC6-7E5C27B5A912 (resized).jpeg73181183-74BD-42F9-9CEE-A9EDECCD1288 (resized).jpeg73181183-74BD-42F9-9CEE-A9EDECCD1288 (resized).jpegA5BB0ED4-7E68-4657-926D-42502F302A48 (resized).jpegA5BB0ED4-7E68-4657-926D-42502F302A48 (resized).jpegAF110070-CDEB-4DDC-8576-919166216584 (resized).jpegAF110070-CDEB-4DDC-8576-919166216584 (resized).jpeg

#5466 1 year ago

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore. If Haggis built 20 games in 8 months, then bad on them. I’d want to hide those numbers too. That’s terrible. Instead of sitting around smoking cigars and toasting with glasses of cognac those that would, should be screaming bloody murder and asking to see proof of Haggis existence. What a shitshow of a company. If you are number 250, you could get your game in x years and Haggis won’t refund deposits. They won’t communicate with public how many are built. They won’t answer customers emails, unless they like you (that’s what makes it worse). They are asking for balance payment without idea of when game will be made. If this company survives, today will mark it’s lowest point. However should they not, they have much further to fall.

#5467 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore. If Haggis built 20 games in 8 months, then bad on them. I’d want to hide those numbers too. That’s terrible. Instead of sitting around smoking cigars and toasting with glasses of cognac those that would, should be screaming bloody murder and asking to see proof of Haggis existence. What a shitshow of a company. If you are number 250, you could get your game in x years and Haggis won’t refund deposits. They won’t communicate with public how many are built. They won’t answer customers emails, unless they like you (that’s what makes it worse). They are asking for balance payment without idea of when game will be made.

However....it looks like their game is f*cking wonderful.

#5468 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

However....it looks like their game is f*cking wonderful.

That’s the conundrum. The prize is great and worth significantly more than the cost of entry. So every game delivered makes the owner feels like a genius, and a winner. They took a risk and it paid off. However, higher number buyers have taken the same risk and are still waiting and it may not end the same for them.

#5469 1 year ago

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore. If Haggis built 20 games in 8 months, then bad on them. I’d want to hide those numbers too. That’s terrible. Instead of sitting around smoking cigars and toasting with glasses of cognac those that would, should be screaming bloody murder and asking to see proof of Haggis existence. What a shitshow of a company. If you are number 250, you could get your game in x years and Haggis won’t refund deposits. They won’t communicate with public how many are built. They won’t answer customers emails, unless they like you (that’s what makes it worse). They are asking for balance payment without idea of when game will be made. If this company survives, today will mark it’s lowest point. However should they not, they have much further to fall.

Very real company, not a fully matured company yet, game production does seem to be accelerating. There are unfortunately very real limits on time here too, so perhaps a decision was made to significantly prioritize time and energy into the builds, versus customer communication.

So in reality people should be confident here. Their game will come. And it will be sweet in the end..

#5470 1 year ago

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore

That's a great positive attitude!

#5471 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

That's a great positive attitude!

The guy is manic. First up and buying, then down and selling, then up and looking to buy again, now down and angry that he's not getting one.

It's hard to get upset about someone with problems that are so much deeper than what they are talking about.

#5472 1 year ago

Nobody outside of Fathom buyers cares about Haggis anymore.

Then why are you here?

#5473 1 year ago

Can you tell us your invoice number and if you are a season ticket holder. It would be helpful for those of us concerned about sending them money and give us an idea of where they really are in production.

Quoted from rodcom:Guess what arrived today……………game is stunning!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#5474 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

Can you tell us your invoice number and if you are a season ticket holder. It would be helpful for those of us concerned about sending them money and give us an idea of where they really are in production.

Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I received my invoice this morning. I am build number 116. I wasn't expecting this for sometime due to the delays.
What the highest number build that someone has received.
I have some concerns wiring money given the delays and few machines seen going out beyond the series ticket holders orders in this forum.

If you'd like to sell you spot, please let me know. Serious offer.

#5475 1 year ago

I don't know where my invoice is. I can tell you I was dead last of the season ticket holders (I requested to be last so that I could be ready for the game and wanted them to work through any issues locally before shipping).

Also my game arrived over a week ago today was just the day we were able to set it up.

Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

#5476 1 year ago

so we're reasonably only to about 40 machines delivered and they are asking for money from the next 80.

Quoted from rodcom:I don't know where my invoice is. I can tell you I was dead last of the season ticket holders (I requested to be last so that I could be ready for the game and wanted them to work through any issues locally before shipping).
Also my game arrived over a week ago today was just the day we were able to set it up.

#5477 1 year ago

extrapolate-withwendy.gifextrapolate-withwendy.gif

#5478 1 year ago

yes it is an extrapolation. It would be better if there was transparency. Does anyone this that they will get their machine in 8!weeks if they were invoiced and paid today?

Quoted from punkin:[quoted image]

#5479 1 year ago

I think you are asking me to explain what other people think.

NoCanDoSorryPunkin

#5480 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Then why are you here?

I only came by because another 300 posts were here and I was hoping there’d been some great news. The reason I explained in my first sentence that nobody cares was because people kept asking where all the nay sayers went that were here frequently. They have given up on this folly. Go find guy who has game #100 and ask him when he gets his game. Ask the guy with #50 if he knows. Pity the guys in #200’s. Nobody knows and Haggis isn’t talking to it’s customers. That is poor, inexcusable customer service. The regular lie uttered at time funds are requested. 8 weeks my ass. Why not build the frickin games and THEN ask for balance of payment, like every real businesses works.

One the last insults is that IF you pay months ahead of time and they build your game …. you’ve got no feasible solution to getting your game. Air freight of $2k is a no go. Free shipping to CT in US and shipping within US of $500? Yes that is what every normal person wants and signed up for. So maybe you wait another four months until enough games are built @ 4 per month x 4 months and there should be enough games for a container for US and your game can now hit the seas for up to a month trip including customs. Build another 16-20 and send a container to AUS.

But all of this has become boring. So little to celebrate, other than how well the game held up at the Brisbane Masters. Great job with both games - that was impressive, but it was two weeks of work.

#5481 1 year ago

After being proven incorrect at this time.

#5482 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

... game production does seem to be accelerating...

definitely accelerating quite fast - it wasn't that long ago that it appeared they were averaging one game per week, now it looks like it's about 4 games per week, with Damian still sounding very optimistic that they can still significantly increase output.

#5483 1 year ago

I only came by because another 300 posts were here and I was hoping there’d been some great news. The reason I explained in my first sentence that nobody cares was because people kept asking where all the nay sayers went that were here frequently. They have given up on this folly. Go find guy who has game #100 and ask him when he gets his game. Ask the guy with #50 if he knows. Pity the guys in #200’s. Nobody knows and Haggis isn’t talking to it’s customers. That is poor inexcusable customer service. The regular lie uttered at time funds are requested- 8 weeks. 8 weeks my ass. But all of this has become boring. So little to celebrate, other than how well the game held up at the Brisbane Masters. Great job with both games - that was impressive.

Ho hum, as said months ago, go ask the people who are waiting for stern games, CGC games, JJP games when they will get their game and you get the same answer. None of them will tell you when your DP CC or other machine will be there.

Just go troll somewhere else mate.

#5484 1 year ago

I only came by because another 300 posts were here and I was hoping there’d been some great news. The reason I explained in my first sentence that nobody cares was because people kept asking where all the nay sayers went that were here frequently. They have given up on this folly. Go find guy who has game 100 and ask him when he gets his game. Ask the guy with #50 if he knows. Nobody does which is why it is boring.

That’s the conundrum. The prize is great and worth significantly more than the cost of entry. So every game delivered makes the owner feels like a genius, and a winner. They took a risk and it paid off. However, higher number buyers have taken the same risk and are still waiting and it may not end the same for them.

I just re-read all three of your recent quotes. Do you have any new information that you could share? Or any solid information that we are not already aware of?

If not, then congratulations to you for stating what we already know, along with your hysteria. And good job on overlooking some of the recent positive developments.

We are all adults and aware of any risks here and yes, some risk still remains. Some are even being discussed right now by a reluctant buyer.

Sorry but we're not going to jump up and down, screaming and yelling ""bloody murder"" for your entertainment. Pretty sure we can handle it ourselves from here.

#5485 1 year ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Guess what arrived today……………game is stunning!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey! You are close by. Wouldn’t it be great to have a new friend come over to try it out?

#5486 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Hey! You are close by. Wouldn’t it be great to have a new friend come over to try it out?

New friends are great!

#5487 1 year ago

True there are no real victims remaining in this thread, but for ….

Any buyer requesting a refund who did not receive one. That’s right, if requesting to cancel order and getting money back immediately was an option, then Haggis’ policy would be fine. But this is not the case. Any buyer who wants a refund today and can’t have it are being wronged. Not just the loudmouths here, but of all buyers. Every person that wants an update from Damian and receives a purposely misleading one or who is requested to pay their balance are being lied to. Aren’t these people victims? What about people that needed their money and never got it, and they gave up? How about people that would cancel if told the truth and it was it would take 18-36 months before receiving game?

There are victims littering everywhere. Maybe it comes down to how you define victims. But this seems like a classic, breech of contract for falling to deliver, with an international twist.

#5488 1 year ago

What about people that needed their money and never got i

Guess these people shouldn't be buying over priced toys ...

IMG_07351 (resized).jpgIMG_07351 (resized).jpg
#5489 1 year ago

I only came by because another 300 posts were here and I was hoping there’d been some great news. The reason I explained in my first sentence that nobody cares was because people kept asking where all the nay sayers went that were here frequently. They have given up on this folly. Go find guy who has game #100 and ask him when he gets his game. Ask the guy with #50 if he knows. Pity the guys in #200’s. Nobody knows and Haggis isn’t talking to it’s customers. That is poor, inexcusable customer service. The regular lie uttered at time funds are requested. 8 weeks my ass. Why not build the frickin games and THEN ask for balance of payment, like every real businesses works.
One the last insults is that IF you pay months ahead of time and they build your game …. you’ve got no feasible solution to getting your game. Air freight of $2k is a no go. Free shipping to CT in US and shipping within US of $500? Yes that is what every normal person wants and signed up for. So maybe you wait another four months until enough games are built @ 4 per month x 4 months and there should be enough games for a container for US and your game can now hit the seas for up to a month trip including customs. Build another 16-20 and send a container to AUS.
But all of this has become boring. So little to celebrate, other than how well the game held up at the Brisbane Masters. Great job with both games - that was impressive, but it was two weeks of work.

There is an option to "drain the thread"from your favorite list that pinside offers. It goes straight down the middle never to be seen again. It might make you feel better. I would suggest it for you.

#5490 1 year ago

giphy-downsized-large.gifgiphy-downsized-large.gif

#5491 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

yes it is an extrapolation. It would be better if there was transparency. Does anyone this that they will get their machine in 8!weeks if they were invoiced and paid today?

I paid mine on Friday (begrudgingly) and have no confidence it will turn up in anything like 8 weeks. Early next year, maybe.

#5492 1 year ago

I'd happily swap places with you. Can't wait to get the news on mine.

In other news, i sent Damo an email about an unrelated subject this morn. I'll report back on communication time for emails that are other than where's my game.

#5493 1 year ago

Not saying it won't be good to see it, whenever that is. Just predictably bad timing to pay the balance in a Murphy's Law sort of way that didn't help my mood last week.

#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I paid mine on Friday (begrudgingly) and have no confidence it will turn up in anything like 8 weeks. Early next year, maybe.

It will be good to see the time frame to gauge how they are going. Mine was 21 weeks to ship. By the time you get yours hopefully they can halve that.

#5495 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It will be good to see the time frame to gauge how they are going. Mine was 21 weeks to ship. By the time you get yours hopefully they can halve that.

Yeah that's definitely something that would be good to get a fix on. Let's hope things are indeed on the improve.

#5496 1 year ago

Do something over and over you get better at it, no doubt.

#5497 1 year ago

Any buyer requesting a refund who did not receive one. That’s right, if requesting to cancel order and getting money back immediately was an option, then Haggis’ policy would be fine. But this is not the case. Any buyer who wants a refund today and can’t have it are being wronged. Not just the loudmouths here, but of all buyers. Every person that wants an update from Damian and receives a purposely misleading one or who is requested to pay their balance are being lied to. Aren’t these people victims? What about people that needed their money and never got it, and they gave up? How about people that would cancel if told the truth and it was it would take 18-36 months before receiving game?
There are victims littering everywhere. Maybe it comes down to how you define victims. But this seems like a classic, breech of contract for falling to deliver, with an international twist.

Deposits are clearly stated as non-refundable.

Are you making up situations where you think people are demanding money back ?

The closest I recall anyone stating this here -- Haggis facilitated transfer of deposits, something they are not obliged to do, but result is original depositor got their money back..

#5498 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Deposits are clearly stated as non-refundable.
Are you making up situations where you think people are demanding money back ?
The closest I recall anyone stating this here -- Haggis facilitated transfer of deposits, something they are not obliged to do, but result is original depositor got their money back..

Now you are fucking up his victim sob story with the truth.

I gave them money with the express intention of not getting it back.

I wanted to swap the money for a pinball machine, believe it or not.

#5499 1 year ago

No need to get a refund when Haggis lets you transfer your deposit spot to another person. And the game in question has a lot of demand for it.

#5500 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

No need to get a refund when Haggis lets you transfer your deposit spot to another person. And the game in question has a lot of demand for it.

He's already done that and is still whinging. D0N got his.

ProbablyShittyHeDidn'tMakeAProfitOnItPunkin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.