image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 157.
#501 2 years ago

I asked for game #11 but was taken. Got #12. Close enough.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I know that I am in the minority on this, but I'd love a Centaur with some different theme/artwork.
I absolutely love the Centaur playfield layout, but while the artwork is "interesting", it's not something that I want to see day-in and day-out.
If I had time and talent, I would do some sort of re-theme on one myself, but unfortunately, I have neither.

This is blasphemy and you should feel shame for saying it in public

#503 2 years ago

Has anyone imported a new game to the US from Australia that could comment on taxes or tariffs? 9504.30.0020 has no tariff so I’m assuming there isn’t any tariff applied. Would sales tax be state dependent and claimed by the buyer on tax returns?

I feel kind dumb asking this since I’ve been exporting for 15+ years....

#504 2 years ago

#7 confirmed.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Has anyone imported a new game to the US from Australia that could comment on taxes or tariffs? 9504.30.0020 has no tariff so I’m assuming there isn’t any tariff applied. Would sales tax be state dependent and claimed by the buyer on tax returns?
I feel kind dumb asking this since I’ve been exporting for 15+ years....

I didn’t pay any tariffs when I imported Alien from Australia but that was 2019.

#506 2 years ago

Confirmed by whom? Did they email you your info?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Confirmed by whom? Did they email you your info?

Seems like they are slowly working through the depositors. I've seen that they are up to people who's online order number was around 110. I'm 125, and haven't been contacted yet. And one could assume that every other order# is a deposit, so there are probably 7-ish people they'd need to contact before me.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself though; before I realized how the process worked, I ordered a t-shirt and I was order number 102. But then I waited a couple hours before joining clan haggis and paying the deposit, and by then I was online order #125.

Ah well, I'm still hoping that I'm a fairly low number. And now I know how it works for next time.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

This is blasphemy and you should feel shame for saying it in public

Yes, I know I am in the minority there. And I don't hate the artwork (though that goblin's face on the playfield is disturbing), I just can't love it.

I'd prefer Fathom style artwork on a Centaur playfield layout.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I don’t think you are correct hear. In the series of YouTube vids it covers this subject. Just can’t quote the video but it explains the acrylic , wood scenario. It’s good stuff.

Yes, it covers the subject where he discusses how they had to rework the mechs and couldn't just re-use existing designs - because of mounting locations (top side items can't just screw in now) and variances between the PF due to the plastic top. Things that would make it difficult to be a direct replacement for OEM parts.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, it covers the subject where he discusses how they had to rework the mechs and couldn't just re-use existing designs - because of mounting locations (top side items can't just screw in now) and variances between the PF due to the plastic top. Things that would make it difficult to be a direct replacement for OEM parts.

But almost all the mechanics are attached to the bottom of the playfield.

Like the trippable in-line bank from this game should theoretically work fine on a CPR playfield. (Alignment holes may be different, but not an insurmountable problem)

Their playfield is the same thickness as a normal playfield. Heck on Celts you had the option of a traditional clear coated wood playfield, hardtop, or their acrylic composite solution.

#511 2 years ago

Just jumped on board for a Mermaid Edition (Order #279). Super psyched! Hopefully they still have one left for me. I would hope the site wouldn't still take the order if there weren't anymore Mermaids left... but who knows. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

But almost all the mechanics are attached to the bottom of the playfield.

The bottom of the playfield does not live in isolation. That's where the difference comes in... accommodating the 'new neighbors' crowding you because stuff that previously wasn't through-hole.. now is.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Their playfield is the same thickness as a normal playfield. Heck on Celts you had the option of a traditional clear coated wood playfield, hardtop, or their acrylic composite solution.

Is it? Or were both Haggis PFs simply the same net thickness.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The bottom of the playfield does not live in isolation. That's where the difference comes in... accommodating the 'new neighbors' crowding you because stuff that previously wasn't through-hole.. now is.

Is it? Or were both Haggis PFs simply the same net thickness.

I guess I just don’t understand what you think the issue is. Sure the acrylic version has to have tnuts for mounting posts, but that doesn’t matter if you’re building a new one with a CPR playfield. Some alignment holes on the drop target mechs and such may be different, but that’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of things

They’re all the same thickness when finished, otherwise they’d have to make different mechs for each type of playfield material.

#514 2 years ago

I think the bottom line here is there is a "chance" that we may have a source for new remote controlled inline drop target assemblies and no one but Haggis actually knows whether they will work in the old Bally's, anything else is speculation at this point.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I think the bottom line here is there is a "chance" that we may have a source for new remote controlled inline drop target assemblies and no one but Haggis actually knows whether they will work in the old Bally's, anything else is speculation at this point.

We will figure that out, what the differences are, and how best to get supplied in the US for the restoration people ...

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We will figure that out, what the differences are, and how best to get supplied in the US for the restoration people ...

That is fantastic news! I don't know how many you will sell but that will make some people very excited to hear.

#517 2 years ago

Can someone explain to me this point because I’ve never played it. But the bonus is built up and it’s end of ball bonus, so what goes into the points at bonus? Also what is the bonus X (how is the bonus X attained)?

#518 2 years ago

I did put some thoughts on the second pinball to adapt if the fathom delivers. Even though the centaur looks marginally better and seems the obvious candidate, for me the eight balls deluxe ( the only real challenger ) offers more shot diversity, similar features and allows for multi ball reprogramming with its upper right kick hole. Like you lock the ball on the right and release it as a 2 balls multiball by hitting the top left standing target ( after shooting down x2 to x5 )

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can someone explain to me this point because I’ve never played it. But the bonus is built up and it’s end of ball bonus, so what goes into the points at bonus? Also what is the bonus X (how is the bonus X attained)?

As this game has been around for a LONG time PAPA and many others have done countless strategy videos on YouTube you could surely get most anything out of those since not much will change in game play.

#520 2 years ago

Haggis clan members can now put a deposit down on the next four remakes... And pick your number...

"Series Ticket" Log in and check it out.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I know that I am in the minority on this, but I'd love a Centaur with some different theme/artwork.
I absolutely love the Centaur playfield layout, but while the artwork is "interesting", it's not something that I want to see day-in and day-out.
If I had time and talent, I would do some sort of re-theme on one myself, but unfortunately, I have neither.

Maybe the Bell Games conversion kit is something for you? https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3091

#522 2 years ago

Anyone know the dimensions of Fathom? Trying to determine if height will allow one to fit in a slotted space!

#523 2 years ago

Hoping that depositors will post if/when they've been contacted by Haggis. As it's been a couple of days since I paid my deposit, I'm getting anxious for confirmation that I'm good to go. Order #125. As it's the morning now in Victoria, hopefully we'll get some more updates/action soon.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone know the dimensions of Fathom? Trying to determine if height will allow one to fit in a slotted space!

I can tell you the dimensions of a Bally one? Not sure that's going to be any good to you though.

#525 2 years ago

I ordered mine yesterday around 11:00 am est, did not provide a number and my order number was #234. I have not received any confirmation other than the initial receipt.

#526 2 years ago

I just received the confirmation allocating my game Number as 101. That's what I picked!

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hoping that depositors will post if/when they've been contacted by Haggis. As it's been a couple of days since I paid my deposit, I'm getting anxious for confirmation that I'm good to go. Order #125. As it's the morning now in Victoria, hopefully we'll get some more updates/action soon.

I ordered the other day. Just received confirmation only because I sent another email asking about the number and the series ticket. They are extremely busy.

#528 2 years ago

still waiting on my machine number. I was like order number 146

#529 2 years ago

The #69 drama is sorted, thanks to Damian. We are both happy as we both have a version of said number. I am #181
Just chill and wait for your allocation people’s . Remember it is a small business growing and time is required. Especially to the onslaught of requests and orders.
GREAT DAY

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

still waiting on my machine number. I was like order number 146

I was order 150 and still waiting to hear back.

#531 2 years ago

What was the clan member thing that had a time limit on it?

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As this game has been around for a LONG time PAPA and many others have done countless strategy videos on YouTube you could surely get most anything out of those since not much will change in game play.

I have watched some of the tutorials, but didn't see any explanation of the Bonus tabulation.

I am asking what points for the bonus are, so if you have 50 bonus for example at the end what does that 50 count (multiply) in points?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What was the clan member thing that had a time limit on it?

I don't know all the details. You can joint the club, Clan Haggis - https://haggispinball.com/ looks like a one time fee and you get a bunch of goodies too.

LTG : )

#534 2 years ago

My ME receipt number is 189. I did not specify a number on the machine.

Have not been contacted yet.

#535 2 years ago

I got an email from about 1pm Australian time last night - so Damian obviously burning the midnight oil trying to process all these orders.

#536 2 years ago

I also have an order in and haven't heard back, either.

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Congratulations Haggis pinball, getting the licence for multiple Bally SS remakes is huge news. Very smart business move. Just surprised it took this long.
I'll take a Flash Gordon, Eightball Deluxe, Embryon, and Centaur.
Cheers!

Mouth waters just thinking about it

#538 2 years ago

So… Mermaid edition orders open for 3 weeks, right? Only making 250. Serious question… what if they don’t sell out and someone already asked for and received confirmation for #250. Will the game plaques say #250 of 175. Haha. Or will they make all 250 either way. In which case, the 3 weeks is meaningless other than to drive FOMO.

#539 2 years ago

FOMO ( or using customers to crowd fund r&d) is so ingrained in the pinball "pre-order" model that its a given. As irksome as it is, its an integral feature of the general business of small niche products now.

#540 2 years ago

Pre-order with such a low deposit is not really so risky to the consumer though - more of a way to get an idea of numbers. Real numbers - not zero deposit, "I'll order one but will pull out later if I cant afford it or my dog dies", type of orders.

#541 2 years ago

yes prepaying the whole thing is just silly

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yes prepaying the whole thing is just silly

Oh my gosh all your Games are Old!

So did you buy one even though you own it already?

#543 2 years ago

Received my email confirmation. It actually came in late last night, but went to my junk mail folder, and I didn't see it until this evening.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Oh my gosh all your Games are Old!
So did you buy one even though you own it already?

mate im a pinball tech i cant afford a photo of the box they come in.

#545 2 years ago

Does anybody know what they are using for artwork? Are they using original films, their own reproduction work, or my vectorized file?

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

mate im a pinball tech i cant afford a photo of the box they come in.

Oh I just figured you love old school.

No worries.

Pin on good sir

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

No worries.
Pin on good sir

yep i do and i love the haggis guys too.. one in particular is a good friend of many years. Im certainly a fan but not in a position to be a customer.

#548 2 years ago

I've never seen or played the game but bought ME on a gut feeling I'll love it?

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

oh no he doesn't

#550 2 years ago

yep i do and i love the haggis guys too.. one in particular is a good friend of many years. Im certainly a fan but not in a position to be a customer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.