image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 157.
#5401 1 year ago

not really into wishing people ill will but hoping that dOn takes a bath on those games .
would be a great example to those who do this in the our little hobby !

#5402 1 year ago

Consider that dOn not only deleted his Pinside account, he also deleted his Facebook and quickly reopened it under an alternate name. (He abbreviated his last name)

And why? Because Haggis proved him wrong after his shooting his mouth off and he's embarrassed. (At least that's my recollection of why he quit)
So if you think about it, he's already paying a price for his actions.

I just dont understand why he continues to publicly hate on Haggis.

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just dont understand why he continues to publicly hate on Haggis

I'm guessing he's just one of those grudging types that don't like to be shown out to be full of shit so it becomes almost a 'campaign', all the time conveniently forgetting he brought it on himself

#5404 1 year ago

Has anyone else (paid Fathom buyers) had problems with communications with Haggis? I have sent 3 emails over the past several weeks regarding a production timeline and my payment and have had zero response. For the record, I was in on a Fathom mermaid very early and they have my full payment.

**UPDATE 09/02/22- Corresponded with Damian, all is good! **

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Well my first impressions.
The game is absolutely stunning. As people have said, pictures do not do this game justice. The blue and green definitely get blown out in pictures.
Sound is incredible.
Absolutely stunning craftsmanship.
Haven’t had any time to play it properly yet but a quick flip and I’m pretty impressed. Playfield is different to play on but could easily get used to it.
[quoted image]

If I tracked correctly it was 22-23 weeks to receive from time of full payment? I'm about to complete week 11 since full payment

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Has anyone else (paid Fathom buyers) had problems with communications with Haggis? I have sent 3 emails over the past several weeks regarding a production timeline and my payment and have had zero response. For the record, I was in on a Fathom mermaid very early and they have my full payment.
Aug 11 email to Damian- no response
Aug 30 email to Damian - no response
Sept 1 email to Haggis "accounts" - no response

That’s odd. Normally he replies in a couple of days max. Likely it’s going to junk. Do you have an alternate email to send from? If no luck, pm me and I can send it/forward it on your behalf.

#5407 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Basically the same here - multiple emails via known addresses and also the form on the website and zero response. I gave up a couple of months ago and just waiting for them to get a hold of me when the time comes.

#5408 1 year ago

As a business owner i check my spam every day.

Just saying.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I received my invoice this morning. I am build number 116. I wasn't expecting this for sometime due to the delays.
What the highest number build that someone has received.
I have some concerns wiring money given the delays and few machines seen going out beyond the series ticket holders orders in this forum.

What was your original order number? My order number is 336 for machine number 242 (as requested).

#5410 1 year ago

did they ask you for payment ?

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

What was your original order number? My order number is 336 for machine number 242 (as requested).

#5411 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I received my invoice this morning. I am build number 116. I wasn't expecting this for sometime due to the delays.
What the highest number build that someone has received.
I have some concerns wiring money given the delays and few machines seen going out beyond the series ticket holders orders in this forum.

I got my order invoice (order #200) around the same time last night here. I had feeling it would turn up in a Murphy's Law kind of way, just when I've been on holiday a month and a half ago and burned through funds lol. They're still quoting the same 8 week production scenario, so lets see if it starts to hold true or not given I don't think anyone has gotten one in anywhere near that time frame so far. I'm going to expect mine next Feb lol.

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Haggis getting full payment far in advance of people receiving their machine has been going on since they first took payment BUT I don't think you need to worry. Also, you sent three emails but 2 of them were within the past 3 days. Say the first one went to Spam or whatever, the other two being sent this week I think you need to give them a little more time.

BTW -I don't have a machine on order.

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

did they ask you for payment ?

No, I have not heard anything after making the initial downpayment.

#5414 1 year ago

Got my Fathom in today :} Haven't opened it yet but the box is not damaged so looking good.

#5415 1 year ago

Updating- I got an update email, so all is well. I have full confidence in Damian and Haggis and can't wait for my Fathom!

#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

No, I have not heard anything after making the initial downpayment.

You probably will not until your build is ready for production. Then it will be payment in full and you will get into the production schedule. At that time the pin will be made. Last will be your shipping. That is tricky you will have to choose between air or sea. Air is fast but costly. Sea will take time as they have to fill a shipping container with other builds and have them set sail to Plantary pinball and ground ship to you from them. That could be a long time.
By no means is this a easy operation in todays world unfortunately.

#5417 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

All of the panic baby's that shouted "Heighway Pinball!!!" have gone silent and acting like they never cried wolf.

To be honest… that was mainly gwj… who beyond being a bit mental has a new trolling topic so I’m sure tgst will keep him fully engaged for yhe next year as he enjoys his drama-celebrity thread.

#5418 1 year ago

How #200 been called, cannot wait ( #216 here ), assuming they are calling in order of affectation.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

How #200 been called, cannot wait ( #216 here ), assuming they are calling in order of affectation.

They are getting built by the order date. Not the game number.
I’m game number 12 but was order number 5 and just got mine.

#5420 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To be honest… that was mainly gwj…

He was one certainly, but not alone or the worst.
Here's a thread dedicated to Haggis = Heighway. Along with a Poll.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-haggis-the-next-heighway-pinball-poll-inside

zzzzHaggis (resized).pngzzzzHaggis (resized).png
#5421 1 year ago

Do I get partial credit as someone who trolls a lot of the poorly ran companies for not trolling Haggis?

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Scams and well intentioned morons is a razor thin difference.
As a junkie for clearly fraudulent pinball companies and/or grossly mismanaged to a comedic level, Haggis doesn’t compare.
I don’t think Damian is a moron. Maybe a bit in over his head, but he seems legitimately capable of pulling through this compared to leaders of some other famous implosions. Hope he is able to push through it all, though it’s valid to wonder how much cash burn he can further sustain.
Some of you guys gotta agree to disagree (or at least work on your meme game)

#5422 1 year ago

Haggis won't make it at this rate. Period. Last game ? Probably.

#5423 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5424 1 year ago

Kelley, i love you. But just stop. You know how when you're in a restaurant, and there's that one customer that keeps making a scene, harassing the service staff, yelling about how the food is taking too long, and demanding that it be removed from the check or they're going to get them shut down? Of course you do, we've all seen that and cringed. Not just for having to witness it, but also when thinking about what "special ingredients" the kitchen crew is going to add to that person's Western Omelette. Well, that's you right now. Sorry, bud. Just friendly advice.

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He was one certainly, but not alone or the worst.
Here's a thread dedicated to Haggis = Heighway. Along with a Poll.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-haggis-the-next-heighway-pinball-poll-inside[quoted image]

sorry, I don't see those

I do think many of the original concerns still linger. Looking forward to seeing a game show up local, but the current estimate isn't until into the new year.

#5426 1 year ago

Some of us were just concerned in the past when they went deep & silent about the Fathom build. Anything can happen in the future with any business. I stated when they started finally getting games out good for them. Not a buyer or on the insider club of Haggis Pinball. Not around here much because there is no need. But blame me for everything wrong in the world. I will raise a few cans of bud tonight.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Some of us were just concerned in the past when they went deep & silent about the Fathom build. Anything can happen in the future with any business. I stated when they started finally getting games out good for them. Not a buyer or on the insider club of Haggis Pinball. Not around here much because there is no need. But blame me for everything wrong in the world. I will raise a few cans of bud tonight.

John, you also came back to this thread and apologized. See quote below. No one else has done anything like that and I say bravo to you.

Now please stop playing a martyr on Pinside. No one is blaming you for the worlds problems and some of us are encouraging you.

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

As for Haggis congrats on getting games out. Might of been a little harsh during their non regular update period recently. They have proven me wrong!

#5428 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Game plays so smooth and fast.

……..and yes it what you guys really sound like. I love the call outs! I love your funky accents! That’s clearly Damian doing the call outs correct?
I’m guessing Americans have some accents to you as well.

Sounds like Martin to me, The mermaid could be Shazza ;0

Shazza in some Bogan action.

#5429 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think Martin addressed this on the Final Round podcast. Someone else thought it sounded like him too. It is, however, not Martin.

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I think Martin addressed this on the Final Round podcast. Someone else thought it sounded like him too. It is, however, not Martin.

Ah ok, thanks

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

It sounds so similar to Martin that he may as well have done the call outs.
My wife who can be very picky with what games she plays said " I really like it but the Aussie call outs just seem weird".

#5432 1 year ago

They should add a pick your call out accent. Kinda like waze, when they do an update. Pick from aussie, american, etc. Or upload your own. That would be a riot

#5433 1 year ago

If someone has a problem with the Australian accent, just tell them they're mistaken and its New Zealand.

#5434 1 year ago

Hopefully it's not as bad as Led zepplin.

#5435 1 year ago

I feel every pin Haggis makes is a very special pin to them and the new owner. I do not like waiting but would much rather wait and receive a gem.
The product is stellar and It seems like the owners so far are very happy. Excited to receive my Fathom.

#5436 1 year ago

Wonder how many, if any, operators took up the classic offer?

#5437 1 year ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Wonder how many, if any, operators took up the classic offer?

It's still there i guess when the finish making this run. Seems a good thing to remember to me.

#5438 1 year ago

Panic babies..lol. That’s a good one.

Quoted from flynnibus:

sorry, I don't see those
I do think many of the original concerns still linger. Looking forward to seeing a game show up local, but the current estimate isn't until into the new year.

Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?

Remember?

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

So does anybody know for sure if it’s a Damian doing the call outs? I thought I heard he did the call outs somewhere. Or maybe from listening to a podcast he did , it sure sounds like him.

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

So does anybody know for sure if it’s a Damian doing the call outs? I thought I heard he did the call outs somewhere. Or maybe from listening to a podcast he did , it sure sounds like him.

Its not. Its a paid actor that sounds really close to Martin.

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?
Where’s the photos?

Actually that's what I want to know. Obviously the game is being produced and Haggis is real, but I want to see the playfield UP CLOSE. This game has a new playfield build process unlike any other current manufacturer and there still is not a remotely decent set of detailed, close-up pictures with the glass off that I am aware of. On the other hand we have a million pictures of the bottom of the playfield, inside of the cabinet and the cabinet itself. Oh well. If I am wrong, please provide a link.

#5442 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually that's what I want to know. Obviously the game is being produced and Haggis is real, but I want to see the playfield UP CLOSE. This game has a new playfield build process unlike any other current manufacturer and there still is not a remotely decent set of detailed, close-up pictures with the glass off that I am aware of. On the other hand we have a million pictures of the bottom of the playfield, inside of the cabinet and the cabinet itself. Oh well. If I am wrong, please provide a link.

Mine gets here on Wednesday. I will be happy to take some close up pictures once I have it set up.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Here you go.

2D30D81B-3502-4969-9E63-E4640E338EC6 (resized).jpeg2D30D81B-3502-4969-9E63-E4640E338EC6 (resized).jpeg92C1707C-B3D0-41C9-B46D-ACECCD4BE0F7 (resized).jpeg92C1707C-B3D0-41C9-B46D-ACECCD4BE0F7 (resized).jpeg3D5E36A3-052D-4AEB-AD13-31F2BAF70D72 (resized).jpeg3D5E36A3-052D-4AEB-AD13-31F2BAF70D72 (resized).jpeg0007C345-4059-4CF8-8840-C7695D643249 (resized).jpeg0007C345-4059-4CF8-8840-C7695D643249 (resized).jpeg12A9D610-1041-4B26-AF33-81C0F623C13A (resized).jpeg12A9D610-1041-4B26-AF33-81C0F623C13A (resized).jpeg7A3BCE03-56A2-4CD5-B857-E15AF223B34D (resized).jpeg7A3BCE03-56A2-4CD5-B857-E15AF223B34D (resized).jpeg7FC2408B-D1E8-4799-8AE7-4F77A81E7C09 (resized).jpeg7FC2408B-D1E8-4799-8AE7-4F77A81E7C09 (resized).jpeg9C725795-0F05-4B74-9630-2BAFA9A89FB6 (resized).jpeg9C725795-0F05-4B74-9630-2BAFA9A89FB6 (resized).jpeg72A2FC4B-6ABC-4109-A08A-DC270D8F424D (resized).jpeg72A2FC4B-6ABC-4109-A08A-DC270D8F424D (resized).jpeg9C0FD962-A222-431E-B741-ABB8B7B30559 (resized).jpeg9C0FD962-A222-431E-B741-ABB8B7B30559 (resized).jpegF647248B-8ACC-481B-9EBB-61A53256A8A5 (resized).jpegF647248B-8ACC-481B-9EBB-61A53256A8A5 (resized).jpegFE9E134E-4C76-4FBD-9364-A0510793C72F (resized).jpegFE9E134E-4C76-4FBD-9364-A0510793C72F (resized).jpeg46A73DFC-83E7-44D0-BE0B-E8F64A62E802 (resized).jpeg46A73DFC-83E7-44D0-BE0B-E8F64A62E802 (resized).jpeg7AD14B8E-C976-4CC1-8F8E-7A40E2A5247A (resized).jpeg7AD14B8E-C976-4CC1-8F8E-7A40E2A5247A (resized).jpeg0A72DEE7-411E-47FF-9B6D-5E9411CF1E63 (resized).jpeg0A72DEE7-411E-47FF-9B6D-5E9411CF1E63 (resized).jpeg53566852-3663-49FE-95AA-2BA374C15D76 (resized).jpeg53566852-3663-49FE-95AA-2BA374C15D76 (resized).jpeg
#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Here you go. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice! Thx for that!

The painted lens look is far more original looking then what we saw at reveal. Excellent.

#5445 1 year ago

Honestly, pictures don’t capture how beautiful it is in person.

#5446 1 year ago

Holy hell that’s a pretty playfield. I’ve been patient about being at the end of the ME run, and planning slow boat delivery, but this makes it just a little harder to keep filed under “Someday”.

#5447 1 year ago

What does the A-B-C special when lit mean? Is the special points or bonus?

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Here you go. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!!

On a whole it looks shiny and nice. The alignment problems are much less than the prototypes. Even still the rollover stars, switches and drop targets are a little off center - some worse than others. I've been in the minority here all along, but I still just don't like how overly thick the plastic sheet is that covers the whole playfield. It doesn't look right at the places where there are holes and the amount of light bleed around the inserts is hard to ignore in the videos. Flame suit on, but I would much rather have a well made wood playfield with clearcoat - dimples and all. The game looks like it plays great, which in the end (along with reliability) is what counts most. I'm still looking forward to getting my game and having a clean new Fathom, I just would have executed a couple of major facets of the build a lot differently.

#5449 1 year ago

It only comes in one version, so i don't see the point of having a preference. I would rather my Sterns were Diamond Coat, but they are not.

I called it correctly that you wanted close ups to complain about alignment anyway, but that's hardly clairvoyant.

#5450 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks!!
On a whole it looks shiny and nice. The alignment problems are much less than the prototypes. Even still the rollover stars, switches and drop targets are a little off center - some worse than others. I've been in the minority here all along, but I still just don't like how overly thick the plastic sheet is that covers the whole playfield. It doesn't look right at the places where there are holes and the amount of light bleed around the inserts is hard to ignore in the videos. Flame suit on, but I would much rather have a well made wood playfield with clearcoat - dimples and all. The game looks like it plays great, which in the end (along with reliability) is what counts most. I'm still looking forward to getting my game and having a clean new Fathom, I just would have executed a couple of major facets of the build a lot differently.

The original is also off centre. Plus I think the angle of the Boof-Ed photos amplify it.
Here’s the og:

4F9AB002-4814-4856-A894-1A00C3B899FE (resized).jpeg4F9AB002-4814-4856-A894-1A00C3B899FE (resized).jpeg608FE210-D415-4923-9181-BA4A9A83DC40 (resized).jpeg608FE210-D415-4923-9181-BA4A9A83DC40 (resized).jpeg63CB4F19-D47C-45D7-BB72-551AE235C660 (resized).jpeg63CB4F19-D47C-45D7-BB72-551AE235C660 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.