IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 156.
#5201 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

but the US general public would still freakout if you were to pay an individual and they said "give me your bank account number..."

Here in NZ almost everything is done via bank transfer.

Someone shows up to buy something off our version of Craigslist, they say “what’s your account number?”, they open their bank app, do it in front of you, show you, take the goods and leave.

Half the banks, the money instantly shows in your account, the rest settle a few times a day and it shows up later in the day.

You can always request cash if you want to, but nobody carrys it these days. I always have a wallet of cash, and when I pull it out at a store the staff look at me in amazement. In fact, half the time I go to someone’s house to buy something and offer to pay in cash, they ask me to do a transfer instead! Had this happen with a $3000 pinball purchase a few weeks ago.

rd

#5202 1 year ago

From my perspective, the risk around wires is more around phishing and scams where crooks will try to insert themselves with a fake email with their wire information into a process.
When I recently closed on a house, I thought that the title company was going overboard when they would not send me the complete wiring instructions. I had to call them on the day of closing and they provided the last few digits to complete the wiring.
Then a week later, there was an article about how a retired couple lost their 50k down payment due to being tricked into sending the wire transfer to a spammer account.

Unfortunately you always have to be careful and alert

#5203 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In fact, half the time I go to someone’s house to buy something and offer to pay in cash, they ask me to do a transfer instead! Had this happen with a $3000 pinball purchase a few weeks ago.
rd

I've had that experience as well , people don't want to walk around with that much cash or have the hassle of banking it , cash is no longer King

#5204 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The irony is the rest of the world think we are backwards in the US for the ideas of checks instead of direct bank transfers for everything Personal use of ACH style transfers has been the norm in Europe for ages.

Among other things.

#5205 1 year ago

Punkin, you crack me up. Gotta buy you a beer one of these days.

#5206 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just found out i cant pay my distro with a CC for Halloween. Beyond dumb. "Wire funds" lol. I didnt know that was still a thing...

That's BS. Spooky takes credit card for direct orders. Your distro is greedy

#5207 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Bet the factory has a bigger margin to fuck with than the harsh competitive world of the distributor.

#5208 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Well i wouldnt say that. I really dont know much about how much the fees are and honestly it never crossed my mind that they wouldnt take a cc. No biggie, they are a small business and every dollar counts nowadays.

#5209 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I've had that experience as well , people don't want to walk around with that much cash or have the hassle of banking it , cash is no longer King

I only use it to pay for things that are dropped off here.

Coffee roaster drops a kilo of beans a month, pay cash.

Pot farmer comes and drops off a pound, pay cash.

Everything else i just tap. I look at people counting coins for beers and just shake my head. I remember when cards were new shaking my head at people in front of me in the supermarket thinking what tossers they were inserting cards when it was quicker to pay cash.

#5210 1 year ago

So I tried to email Haggis today from my Yahoo account today and it’s bouncing. Also trying to access their website with no luck. Anyone else having this issue?

#5211 1 year ago

Website is down for me as well
I sent an email yesterday to accounts and didn’t get a bounce back

#5212 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Website is down for me as well
I sent an email yesterday to accounts and didn’t get a bounce back

My email was from today and bounced.

#5213 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Right after a BUNCH of people just sent wires. Nothing to worry about though. Dozens of Fathoms have arrived and been shipped, tons of people have games. Just check YouTube- at least 1 unboxing video is enough to prove it.

#5214 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pot farmer comes and drops off a pound, pay cash.

I've never used a card to pay for that

#5215 1 year ago

Cash is still King here in the states, at least as far as private sales go.

#5216 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

I can't say what happened to Haggis, but my website/email host went down unexpectedly two weeks ago and it took a week for me to get everything shifted to a new host.

#5217 1 year ago

I touched base with Haggis on Friday and all appeared well. I’m not stressing

#5218 1 year ago

Website is back up!!

Let’s go Haggis!!

F07F6EE6-4898-4710-BD49-A0CD0918A884 (resized).pngF07F6EE6-4898-4710-BD49-A0CD0918A884 (resized).png
#5219 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Right after a BUNCH of people just sent wires. Nothing to worry about though. Dozens of Fathoms have arrived and been shipped, tons of people have games. Just check YouTube- at least 1 unboxing video is enough to prove it.

41c78a75-1c6d-41ca-bbcd-c191098b3957_text.gif41c78a75-1c6d-41ca-bbcd-c191098b3957_text.gif

#5220 1 year ago

Never had a doubt.
A thought yes, but not a doubt.

#5221 1 year ago

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of video's on youtube (or elsewhere) with so many people having a Haggis Fathom. It's such a beautiful game worthy of showing off...

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of video's on youtube (or elsewhere) with so many people having a Haggis Fathom. It's such a beautiful game worthy of showing off...

I concur. I'd love to see more of the 2.0 code also. There have been some code updates since release, but has that changed any of the existing modes or was that just bug fixes? How is the new code compared to the original?

I'd love to learn more. It would keep the rest of us entertained while we wait.

#5223 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:with so many people having a Haggis Fathom.

Curious to know a rounded figure on that.

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

As would most of us. Optimistically, it seems like Haggis has been making about 2 Fathoms a week for the last couple of months. Maybe?

#5225 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Well I can tell you that there was supposedly 20 series tickets. Damien told me I was supposed to be the 5th mermaid after that ( I’ve seen a few people say they were in the first 5 so not sure it’s correct) and I don’t have a game 20 weeks after full payment. Anyone getting their final invoice with an 8 week build timeframe should know it’s not going to be anywhere near that just yet.

#5226 1 year ago

Double post

#5227 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Well I can tell you that there was supposedly 20 series tickets. Damien told me I was supposed to be the 5th mermaid after that ( I’ve seen a few people say they were in the first 5 so not sure it’s correct) and I don’t have a game 20 weeks after full payment. Anyone getting their final invoice with an 8 week build timeframe should know it’s not going to be anywhere near that just yet.

25th in the queue ? A five month wait after full payment. Surely your game must be close now. Hope you get it soon.

#5228 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I concur. I'd love to see more of the 2.0 code also. There have been some code updates since release, but has that changed any of the existing modes or was that just bug fixes? How is the new code compared to the original?
I'd love to learn more. It would keep the rest of us entertained while we wait.

We have had two code updates since release. I did ask Damian to post change logs, and I believe you can find them on the support link on haggis website now.

The main changes were corrections of various bugs in the original fathom code. I do not recall the exact changes, but there were indeed several oddities/problems that were corrected.

The second patch corrected timings around hitting the green/lower saucer, where a ball could miss the saucer and get lost behind drop targets.

Haggis got these out to us about a day or two after reporting issues.

There is another patch coming that will increase stability in the LCDs, and score displays. Among some other things, hopefully including 2.0 modes scoring issue with for the green saucer mode.

Haggis has been very responsive to us on these and a couple other issues.

As for video, I'm sure soon we will add it to one of our tournaments and likely will get into one of our twitch streams..

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m the 3rd mermaid after the series tickets and Damian told my game just went on the line. I’m guessing yours should be there as well.

#5230 1 year ago

Wish they'd release code updates for Celts, I (and the others who play it here) have some real issues with trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wish they'd release code updates for Celts, I (and the others who play it here) have some real issues with trying to figure out what the fuck is going on.

We heard there is a patch coming for Celts as well. Not sure exactly what will be included in it yet, but seemed suggested it will be significant..

#5232 1 year ago

Ace. I did talk to Damian when i got the machine and he said he'd have a think about my feedback, but it's not intuitive where the shots are. the inserts just have weird symbols instead of the mode name (i get that they are runes) but the lighting for the next shot isn't exactly AFM style flashing hit me. There's a few coloured lights on the playfield and you have to try and figure out what colour shot to go for. The callouts aren't much help either, they are rare.

It's probs just fine for anyone who knows the rules, but nearly impossible to figure out for a drunk, casual player.

Having it rely on the top scoop so much is hard too, it takes a tight combo to get that scoop, a tight orbit, hope it goes in the left inlane, then the exact shot off the top flipper to hit the scoop. Pretty difficult for average players.

It's a pity, such a beautiful game, with a fun layout, but at this stage, just not fun for a casual player.

I have high hopes though and it can all be improved with code.

Maybe a V2 code package Damain, with the standard code available for the purists?

#5233 1 year ago

That’s a very fair comment re coding. The only real battle I have is how to activate lady of the lake?
I have gotten use to the coloured insets dictating shots, just like Jurassic Park.
I do have a sound and lighting issue for “ Millions shot “ though.
It’s a good change up in pinball machines.

#5234 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

9 people in this thread have taken delivery
But I expect pinside to be a very small representation of the fathoms sold
I know a few people in Aus that have orders and have never come near pinside

#5235 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

We heard there is a patch coming for Celts as well. Not sure exactly what will be included in it yet, but seemed suggested it will be significant..

Last I heard from one of the podcasts or streams was that Co-Op play (player 1 vs player2 & player 3) was awaiting play testing

#5236 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

There are 20 series ticket holders. Close to 20, or maybe even 20, have received their machine. Somewhere between 0 and 2 other people have received their machine. So I'd say somewhere between 15 and 22 have been delivered and that you are incorrect.

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There are 20 series ticket holders. Close to 20, or maybe even 20, have received their machine. Somewhere between 0 and 2 other people have received their machine. So I'd say somewhere between 15 and 22 have been delivered and that you are incorrect.

I don’t think he was saying 9 had been delivered. I read it as the amount we’ve seen on here are a small proportion of how many have actually gone out.

#5238 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I don’t think he was saying 9 had been delivered. I read it as the amount we’ve seen on here are a small proportion of how many have actually gone out.

Good catch. I'd suggest that it would track that Pinside vs. non-Pinside would have both the same ratio of delivered machines and overall buyers, but it would make sense that Pinside would have more early adapters and series ticket holders compared to the non-Pinside world..

#5239 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Yes that is what I was trying to get across
There is only 9 people on this thread on pinside that have posted that they have taken delivery
But I expect that there is a lot more than 9 out there

#5240 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

But I expect that there is a lot more than 9 out there

There aren't, and I'm not sure why you'd think there were. They are just wrapping up the last of the 20 series ticket holder machines now or soon or just recently.

#5241 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

I know a few people in Aus that have orders and have never come near pinside

In another thread (Toy Story 4) someone took the time to compare known manufacture numbers of several modern pins to Pinside collections. The number was roughly 50% across the board. I suspect Pinside has greater representation than some seem to think.

#5242 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There aren't, and I'm not sure why you'd think there were. They are just wrapping up the last of the 20 series ticket holder machines now or soon or just recently.

Well 20 IS a lot more than 9, so why are you contradicting him?

#5243 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Seems like my 3 Fathoms-a-week estimate is pretty close then. I hope Haggis can pick up the pace eventually, cuz it'll take 2 years to finish all 250 at this rate of manufacture.

#5244 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Seems like my 3 Fathoms-a-week estimate is pretty close then. I hope Haggis can pick up the pace eventually, cuz it'll take 2 years to finish all 250 at this rate of manufacture.

Dont you mean 3 a month? We are in 8th month and if they only have 20 or so made. 3 a week would be closer to 90 machines made.
So the pace is worse than you mention. It is more like 5 years+

#5245 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ace. I did talk to Damian when i got the machine and he said he'd have a think about my feedback, but it's not intuitive where the shots are. the inserts just have weird symbols instead of the mode name (i get that they are runes) but the lighting for the next shot isn't exactly AFM style flashing hit me. There's a few coloured lights on the playfield and you have to try and figure out what colour shot to go for. The callouts aren't much help either, they are rare.
It's probs just fine for anyone who knows the rules, but nearly impossible to figure out for a drunk, casual player.
Having it rely on the top scoop so much is hard too, it takes a tight combo to get that scoop, a tight orbit, hope it goes in the left inlane, then the exact shot off the top flipper to hit the scoop. Pretty difficult for average players.
It's a pity, such a beautiful game, with a fun layout, but at this stage, just not fun for a casual player.
Maybe a V2 code package Damain, with the standard code available for the purists?

Off topic, but I will tend to trust your reviews from here on out. I definitely wouldn't have called you a fan boy of haggis, but I know you are rooting for them(who isnt.) and that was an honest review it seems.

#5246 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just for clarity, Punkin was talking about Celts in this quote. Not Fathom.
I have a good friend that reads too quickly and he misunderstood.

#5247 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Off topic, but I will tend to trust your reviews from here on out. I definitely wouldn't have called you a fan boy of haggis, but I know you are rooting for them(who isnt.) and that was an honest review it seems.

Thanks i appreciate it. I might come off as a fanboi, but nothing could be further etc.

I just don't like people being rude.

As far as Celts goes, i've very happy i've got one, and hope to one day have every game that haggis do...

But i'd like it if it was more player friendly.

#5248 1 year ago

Just got word that my fathom ships next week. Not a series Mermaid game.

#5249 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just got word that my fathom ships next week. Not a series Mermaid game.

Congrats!
Ships via air I'm assuming?

#5250 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Congrats!
Ships via air I'm assuming?

Yes going air. Paying for that today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
There are 7,790 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/105?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.