CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg
example post by a normal pinball company (resized).jpg
creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 154.
#5101 1 year ago

Question for those that have received their games, what are you paying in ways of duty charges? I know bringing a pin that was made in the US back into the Stated there's no charge but being these are not US made is their fees/taxes associated with them?

#5102 1 year ago

If many customers choose air freight, filling that container will take even longer...

#5103 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

If many customers choose air freight, filling that container will take even longer...

Which is exactly what will happen and is happening.. Damian did respond to my questions about freight and said the vast majority of orders have elected to go air freight.

#5104 1 year ago

They can always ship a 20'.

#5105 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Question for those that have received their games, what are you paying in ways of duty charges? I know bringing a pin that was made in the US back into the Stated there's no charge but being these are not US made is their fees/taxes associated with them?

Have not seen a duty charge..

#5106 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Have not seen a duty charge..

aus / usa have a free trade agreement for most things as you suggested but it works both ways... duty is probably covered by that

#5107 1 year ago

Just a question to those that have paid final payment. How did you do the payment. My Bank is asking a SWIFT code.
Haggis is saying it is a simple bank transfer.
Any help would be appreciated . Thanks.

#5108 1 year ago

You should use a swift for international transfers. haggis's bank will tell him the swift or you can just google it. It is a simple transfer, but needs a swift.

Unless they have changed their account they are with commbank

Swift code;
CTBAAU2S

https://www.commbank.com.au/business/international-and-foreign-exchange/international-payments/international-money-transfer.html#:~:text=CommBank's%20SWIFT%20code%3A%20CTBAAU2S

#5109 1 year ago

A SWIFT code is a quick identifier that banks use to identify other banks/branches.

Example - you might enter SWIFT code 12345 into the transfer page, click through the next page and it’ll say “ASB Bank, Queen Street, New Zealand”

You don’t *need* a SWIFT code to do an international transaction, but it makes it easier and lessens the chance of a screw up.

rd

#5110 1 year ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Just a question to those that have paid final payment. How did you do the payment. My Bank is asking a SWIFT code.

Haggis set up a bank account here in the states so it really is a simple transfer for us. Swift code is for international payments.
All banking account numbers will be provided to you from Haggis.

#5111 1 year ago

Ahhh didn't know. then yes, simple transfer.

#5112 1 year ago

I just sold a bunch of mods to Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands and they educated me on WISE payment system - so much better than Paypal for large payments with a very small transfer fee from their account to mine.

#5113 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I just sold a bunch of mods to Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands and they educated me on WISE payment system - so much better than Paypal for large payments with a very small transfer fee from their account to mine.

Yeah, I posted about using Wise a few months back.

I think the best method will depend on the exchange rate, and the Australian and US Dollar invoice prices that Haggis is asking at time of payment. Have to do some math to figure out what works best for us.

#5114 1 year ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

The final invoice email we received had all of the info you need to wire the money to a bank in New York. We didn't need a swift code for ours.

#5115 1 year ago

Thanks. Will show my bank your suggestions.

#5116 1 year ago

Patiently waiting for my email from Haggis....

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Wondering if this style thread will continue with their 2nd game??? ... meaning lack of patience

Haggis is essentially a year behind schedule at this point. How late can Haggis be before we're allowed to mention it or ask questions?

#5119 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Haggis is essentially a year behind schedule at this point. How late can Haggis be before we're allowed to mention it or ask questions?

The first rule of being in the Haggis Club...

#5120 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

There is no doubt everyone wants to see Haggis succeed. They are producing beautiful pinball machines. But they had huge setbacks with covid, oppressive lockdowns, supply chain issues, a core supporter leaving?, and certainly other stuff. This is not some project in a garage there is some very real overhead.

So there is the concern that a “Robbing Peter to pay Paul” type situation is going on. A month or two after full payment is made your machine is ready. At the very least this is paying to get your machine created. That is a fragile balance. I have spent thousands on a box of parts for one machine. The logistics behind 25 or 50 must be incredibly difficult.

Now That said I commend Haggis for not jumping ship. Work continues and they are getting pins out the door. Of all the scenarios this is the most commendable and I applaud them for pouring everything into keeping it afloat.

Best case scenario they fulfill prior commitments, release a new title people are hungry for, charge what the market will bear, and climb out of the hole that appeared thru no fault of their own.

But that should never require the suppression of community. Doing so raises even more red flags. Being critical builds a better product. And I think that is what we all really want here…

Long Live Haggis!

#5121 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You are allowed to ask them questions anytime you like.

My point has always been that there is no point asking the questions people want Haggis to answer on pinside, because noone here can answer you.

It's screaming at the birds.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5122 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You are allowed to ask them questions anytime you like.
My point has always been that there is no point asking the questions people want Haggis to answer on pinside, because noone here can answer you.
It's screaming at the birds.
[quoted image]

Because Haggis is banned? Or because they don't have internet? Or because they chose to not engage..

The 'no one here can answer you' conclusion is simply because Haggis chose NOT TO not because it's some impossible request.

But you know they read...

#5123 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because Haggis is banned? Or because they don't have internet? Or because they chose to not engage..
The 'no one here can answer you' conclusion is simply because Haggis chose NOT TO not because it's some impossible request.

It's clear that like Stern, JJP and many other companies they have chosen not to respond to questions here, yes.

So why ask them here?

I know they read...their emails.

#5124 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They do not want to respond or update here, or they would. Seems as simple as that, they might make or become another Dutch Pinball. Time will tell, & they are shipping games. If you are on insider group you likely know more than the rest of us guessing.

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I know they read...their emails.

They read your emails, but not mine. I gave up after a number of tries. I'll pay the balance for my machine when they ask and will hopefully be happy if/when I get it. The whole purchase could have been a lot better and informed experience for me. This just shows how much I'm willing to put up with to get a new Fathom. No other product than a pinball machine would I ever put up with customer service like this.

#5126 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

They read your emails, but not mine. I gave up after a number of tries. I'll pay the balance for my machine when they ask and will hopefully be happy if/when I get it. The whole purchase could have been a lot better and informed experience for me. This just shows how much I'm willing to put up with to get a new Fathom. No other product than a pinball machine would I ever put up with customer service like this.

Not my emails buddy. I don't need to ask them questions. But i'm sure they read yours.

Let them know about your experience, i'm positive they'd be interested (i'm not).

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not my emails buddy. I don't need to ask them questions. But i'm sure they read yours.
Let them know about your experience, i'm positive they'd be interested (i'm not).

They have answered every email I have sent. Not always happy with the answer I get but there is always a response within a few days.

#5128 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

They have answered every email I have sent. Not always happy with the answer I get but there is always a response within a few days.

Same. They have always replied to my requests. Months ago I asked for my place in line and got an approximate answer. Asked about lead times and freight once invoiced and also got an answer.

Eight emails to cointaker though…. Still unanswered. Unrelated I know.

#5129 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

They read your emails, but not mine

Not being a smart arse here but is there any chance your emails aren't being received? maybe something to do with your email server? OR are you missing the replies due to a similar tech issue?
Just seems that from most people who have a machine on order and comment in this thread, they have been getting replies.

#5130 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Not being a smart arse here but is there any chance your emails aren't being received? maybe something to do with your email server? OR are you missing the replies due to a similar tech issue?
Just seems that from most people who have a machine on order and comment in this thread, they have been getting replies.

I've tried direct emails, replying to the email from them when I purchased my preorder and clan membership and also filling out the email contact form on the website. I also checked my spam folder each time. No big deal at this point. I gave up long ago after putting my money down in good faith despite the terrible customer service. I'll assume they will get a hold of me when they want the balance of the payment.

#5131 1 year ago

I've never expereinced bad customer service from Haggis (not saying you haven't). In fact the couple of times i've emailed them on things about my Celts that were not mundane ordering questions, Damian has rang me within half an hour.

#5132 1 year ago

punkin im in the last batch with you. Thoughts about payment timeframe?

#5133 1 year ago

I've got no idea. I'm hoping they pull through, because i want a home player here where machines could be more affordable and of the highest quality in the world. Also hoping everyone who has a deposit on one (cept d0n) get's theirs before me and actually gets theirs.

It's just a wait and see game atm, i'l be happier when i know my mate Dave at Newcastle and my mate BoofEd in Perth get their games.
I understand the need to get the container on the water before building too many for the Aussies though, Stern and JJP do the same thing for us.

Maybe they are pumping two or three a week out, and if they have their noses in front maybe they can hire and train some more assembly staff and that number will rise.

One thing i do know, and it's a good thing, they have plenty of work in front of them. Sales are half the battle and as the world slowly comes back out of manipulation they will go forward without having to worry about orders for a while.

I also hope they can mend some bridges with former staff as some of the people they lost (Scott at least) would be VERY hard to replace in Australia. And i want them to be able to produce more models, both original and 'covers'.

GO HAGGIS!

And thank you for asking me for my opinion (only one i have) rather than the usual's asking me for Haggis's opinion.

#5134 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I guess what I am getting at is that come the 2nd game one would assume that things will run smoother, so like it got me wondering, maybe you guys (who have orders) actually love the sweat. Not sure that I am really buying, "Oh I dont trust Haggis", "Haggis is DR" blah blah... Surely people are aware that the vast majority of start ups do not run as smooth as Stern.

Come the 2nd game, if everything goes to plan what are you guys going to talk about???? lol.

#5135 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

I guess what I am getting at is that come the 2nd game one would assume that things will run smoother, so like it got me wondering, maybe you guys (who have orders) actually love the sweat. Not sure that I am really buying, "Oh I dont trust Haggis", "Haggis is DR" blah blah... Surely people are aware that the vast majority of start ups do not run as smooth as Stern.
Come the 2nd game, if everything goes to plan what are you guys going to talk about???? lol.

Hopefully, the unboxings will come a lot faster on game 2, and we'll just be talking about how cool and fun pin #2 is. And how much faster production is going!

#5136 1 year ago

I'm hoping for a new title before the next cover. mostly because i'm not that interested in the rest of the possible Bally's.

Maybe they'll do Time Fantasy though!

Imagine that done Haggis way?
Trippy already with out the Haggis touch, it would be an excellent remake and i would be in as soon as i heard it. All new cabinet art, same playfield, new rules etc.

And it's the only chance most of us would get to own one, especially here.

#5137 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

They do not want to respond or update here, or they would. Seems as simple as that, they might make or become another Dutch Pinball. Time will tell, & they are shipping games. If you are on insider group you likely know more than the rest of us guessing.

Seriously, the balls on this guy lol.

#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously, the balls on this guy lol.

I think it's deeper than machismo. There seems to be real issues taking his other posts into account.

#5139 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm hoping for a new title before the next cover. mostly because i'm not that interested in the rest of the possible Bally's.
Imagine that done Haggis way?
Trippy already with out the Haggis touch, it would be an excellent remake and i would be in as soon as i heard it. All new cabinet art, same playfield, new rules etc.
And it's the only chance most of us would get to own one, especially here.
[quoted image]

Great game. I just scored mine. In the process of all manner of defilement with LEDs, lit pop bumpers, and the like. Best game in my lineup…

#5140 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Great game. I just scored mine. In the process of all manner of defilement with LEDs, lit pop bumpers, and the like. Best game in my lineup…

Now you've upset me. Can't find one in Australia and i love the single level B/W's.

I'll soldier on with Celts, Sorcerer, Lost World, Sunset riders and Orbit 1 i spose....

And fathom when it comes of course.

#5141 1 year ago

Time Fantasy is a great game. It's hard to find and usually worn to the bone when you do find one. I've wanted one for years.

#5142 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Time Fantasy is a great game. It's hard to find and usually worn to the bone when you do find one. I've wanted one for years.

Time Fantasy would be amazing.
I know everyone keeps saying Centaur might be next but I really hope Damian and Haggis throw a curve ball that nobody saw coming.

#5143 1 year ago

Stop it, i'm getting a stiffy.

#5144 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Time Fantasy would be amazing

Except it’s not a Bally.

It’s a Williams.

So that’s the end of that.

rd

#5145 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

For a second I thought you were talking about Timeshock .
Great game .

#5146 1 year ago

What's cool about Time Fantasy? I've never seen one in person.

#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What's cool about Time Fantasy? I've never seen one in person.

I think it's incredibly good if you are:

1. Really into basic basic pinball.

2. On at least one dose of blotter acid.

3. Always wanting that williams beep boop.

Played a few of them. Looks cool, plays basic, but in this case it's rare for a reason: it didn't earn (IMO).

#5148 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

I think it's incredibly good if you are:
1. Really into basic basic pinball.
2. On at least one dose of blotter acid.
3. Always wanting that williams beep boop.
Played a few of them. Looks cool, plays basic, but in this case it's rare for a reason: it didn't earn (IMO).

All sound like grounds for a 2.0 code update!

#5149 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Except it’s not a Bally.
It’s a Williams.
So that’s the end of that.
rd

Bundle of joy here.

#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For a second I thought you were talking about Timeshock .
Great game .

Thats pretty cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 154.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/103?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.