432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg
Turner deposit (resized).JPG
CC0F00FB-A797-43FE-BC12-D0192AFA668C (resized).jpeg
mermaid (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 156.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

These games look amazing but am I the only one unable to get past the name of the company? Just doesn't sit well with or look right on the game. Maybe with time. I have a nice original but may want one of these.

I always thought , if you wanted to be Australian and go for a food name , go with Parma Pinball .

IMG_20220713_235528 (resized).jpgIMG_20220713_235528 (resized).jpg
#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I always thought , if you wanted to be Australian and go for a food name , go with Parma Pinball .
[quoted image]

That looks great!

#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well the first batch of non series ticket holders are well beyond 8 weeks since payment - actually double that and counting. Not complaining, just tempering expectations.
I agree with Boof-Ed above - best to under promise and over deliver……especially in this hobby.

Yeah. I'm patient but really excited!

#5004 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I was told I was in the first batch and paid in March with an 8 week build time. I know two others in the exact same position as myself. If you’re being told you’re in the first batch and being asked for payment now then one of us was told a porky pie.

Well it's a good thing you are down under... otherwise you'd be hounded for sharing your story about delays for being a non-believer!

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

These games look amazing but am I the only one unable to get past the name of the company? Just doesn't sit well with or look right on the game. Maybe with time. I have a nice original but may want one of these.

You're not. My wife and especially my daughter hate the name. Conjures images of sheep stomachs in their heads.

Doesn't bother me really, but you are not alone if it does!

And yeah, would be nice if the name was more Australian sounding. Everyone thinks they're a Scottish company when they first hear the name.

#5006 1 year ago

Pacific Pines Pinball?

#5007 1 year ago

I'm actually glad it's not "Hartin" pinball - the narcissistic pinball company names are too common.

It would have been fun if it could have been something uniquely Australian: Ripper, Nuddy, PissUp or Accadacca.

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I really wish that Haggis wasn't asking for payment until the games were actually boxed and ready to go out the door, or nearly so. No reason for Haggis to hold onto people's money for that long. Especially, since this is a desirable and limited-run game. So it's not like Haggis is going to be stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory.
No reason, unless they are having cash-flow problems anyway. Which leads to scary territory, given previous history of other pinball companies.
Oh well, it's not my pinball company. I'll be happy as long as Haggis eventually gets all 250 out of the door.

Here we fucking go again.

#5009 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

merry-go-round-10__62014 (resized).jpgmerry-go-round-10__62014 (resized).jpg
#5010 1 year ago
dead horse.gifdead horse.gif
#5011 1 year ago

Just an update. I made some simple adjustments last night to fix a few things causing ball hang ups and a flipper that was sticking. Damian already sent me updated code to fix a ball search issue that I will upload this weekend. Overall super happy with the game. Yes they are behind, yes they are coming slower then we all hoped but they are coming and seem to be excellent quality. I think buyers are going to be pleased.

#5012 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Didn't you order one over a year ago??
As per your below posts.

Absolutely!
I was just bored.

Jokes

#5013 1 year ago

$4k deposit through GAP since August last year. No idea what number I have. I haven’t received any unprompted updates or info outside of what I read here.

#5014 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

$4k deposit through GAP since August last year. No idea what number I have. I haven’t received any unprompted updates or info outside of what I read here.

He just posted an unboxing of a Mermaid in his shop the other day on Facebook. I would guess it’s for the showroom, but I would definitely check in for an update. That’s 3x the deposit most of us paid, so I don’t think asking for some info is too much to ask.

#5015 1 year ago
Quoted from Chisox:

He just posted an unboxing of a Mermaid in his shop the other day on Facebook. I would guess it’s for the showroom, but I would definitely check in for an update. That’s 3x the deposit most of us paid, so I don’t think asking for some info is too much to ask.

Interesting.

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

LOL. Someone else brought it up. I think it's been a while since that topic was discussed.

If one of you can provide a good reason why Haggis would needs payment so early, then I'll happily never discuss it again. Short of the company being hard up for cash, I can't "Fathom" why they want payment so far ahead of the build time.

Please, enlighten me. Since you are so tired of the subject being discussed. Also, isn't the other thread the sunshine-and-roses Haggis thread, I thought this one was where we could actually discuss potential issues and concerns. And ya know, look at things with a healthy dose of skepticism.

#5017 1 year ago

Could somebody take and post some up close photos of sone playfield features with the glass off? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

LOL. Someone else brought it up. I think it's been a while since that topic was discussed.
If one of you can provide a good reason why Haggis would needs payment so early, then I'll happily never discuss it again. Short of the company being hard up for cash, I can't "Fathom" why they want payment so far ahead of the build time.
Please, enlighten me. Since you are so tired of the subject being discussed. Also, isn't the other thread the sunshine-and-roses Haggis thread, I thought this one was where we could actually discuss potential issues and concerns. And ya know, look at things with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Your comment was good by me and I welcome thoughtful skepticism. And given the current situation, I understand it. Some of us are still a bit raw from the panic babies that repeatedly cried, "Heighway Pinball" from their perfect, black and white world.

As a long experienced entrepreneur/business owner, I can tell you that no business in the history of business's has ever followed a straight business plan. Smart and successful people have to take unexpected circumstances and creatively zig/zag their environment. It's a constant battle behind the scenes that cubicle dwellers never see.

Supply chain issues, employee issues, covid shut downs, inflation, recession and many of the same issues that are slowing down all of the other pinball manufactures' are in play here for Haggis.

Yes, Haggis obviously needs the money and to survive they have changed their terms. For some people it's easy to jump to the conclusion it can only mean disaster. For me, I see it as forward thinking, long range strategy to survive and eventually thrive.

About two months ago I privately offered Damian to pay for my two games in full with no conditions or expectations. If he was in trouble I wanted to help. Damian politely rejected my offer as he felt more comfortable staying within his new game plan and terms.

And get this. As I recently posted, I just sent in my balance but only for one of my two games. I have to wait in line for my second game because it would be out of order and unfair to others. Does that sound like a man who is desperately clinging on? Not to me.

Now I don't have a crystal ball and I don't have inside information. And maybe Haggis will fail to survive, I don't know. But for now, I'm very optimistic and willing to be patient as I understand how the real world works.

DakotaMike: My comments are in general and not directed at you.

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

You're not. My wife and especially my daughter hate the name. Conjures images of sheep stomachs in their heads.
Doesn't bother me really, but you are not alone if it does!
And yeah, would be nice if the name was more Australian sounding. Everyone thinks they're a Scottish company when they first hear the name.

Your wife and daughter are more culinary knowledgeable than mine. They wouldn't be able to tell you what haggis would be at a restaurant. I've never told them what goes into the sausage or hot dogs either.

#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've never told them what goes into the sausage or hot dogs either.

Ha! Probably wise.

Also, my wife is British, so she's a bit more familiar with foods like Haggis than the average American.

#5021 1 year ago

Is there an owners thread for Fathom Mermaid or is this it?

#5022 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:Is there an owners thread for Fathom Mermaid or is this it?

Yes there is.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in

#5023 1 year ago

We have a hundred great pictures of the cabinet and bottom of the playfield, but still none of the playfield itself up close with the playfield glass removed?

First mod for my game will be something similar to the foam light blocks that come with pinitech displays. It makes the displays look much better by blocking the backbox lights from the display area. I had these on my Meteor and Paragon:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5024 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

We have a hundred great pictures of the cabinet and bottom of the playfield, but still none of the playfield itself up close with the playfield glass removed?
First mod for my game will be something similar to the foam light blocks that come with pinitech displays. It makes the displays look much better by blocking the backbox lights from the display area. I had these on my Meteor and Paragon:
[quoted image]

Yes, those come with the Wolffpack Tech kits as well.

07f9d3_2a57b344b47645e0854188cbc6805a0e_mv2_d_3085_2004_s_2 (resized).jpg07f9d3_2a57b344b47645e0854188cbc6805a0e_mv2_d_3085_2004_s_2 (resized).jpg
#5025 1 year ago

Thankfully Haggis has supplied a Fathom to the Brisbane Masters. I had a few games on it and can say:
- The playfield is brilliant. It might not have that ball on wood sound/feel but it plays great (better than original)
- The spinner is fine
- The drops work well
- The sound is up there with the best pinball
- It flips well.. maybe better than an NIB back in the day
- Cabinet appears to be fine, felt solid, looks good
- Pleasantly the LCD displays do not put you off with any annoying animations etc
- Did not play it enough to find out what the 2.0 code was like
- You can tap pass however its not as easy as the original but alot easier than DMD/LCD machines
- The jets fire off very well.... better than the original
- I did find that the ball release was slightly to quick when multiball started (this can/will/could be adjusted)
- under cab light show was great and does not put you off when playing it

May try and do a game play video sometime this week... not sure I will have the time tho

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

... May try and do a game play video sometime this week... not sure I will have the time tho

That would be great - thanks in advance!

(Oh for a decent duration gameplay video from anyone!)

#5027 1 year ago

Paid our balance, now more waiting! Exciting though!

#5028 1 year ago

So far I'm actually enjoying the revisited a lot more then the classic. It still needs a little code work but is pretty dang fun. Definitely gives it a more modern feel.

#5029 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

So far I'm actually enjoying the revisited a lot more then the classic. It still needs a little code work but is pretty dang fun. Definitely gives it a more modern feel.

Could you take some video? Would love to see it in action.

#5030 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Could you take some video? Would love to see it in action.

Haggis did a video showing the new code.

#5031 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Yes!! I agree 100%. I was set on purchasing a classic edition once the dust had settled but a Mermaid fell into my lap. The new code really is super fun and the sound and call outs are incredible. The chick's are definitely digging the accent!

As stated by others, the build quality is off the charts and its the most beautiful game in my line up by a mile. I updated to the new code and it's playing 100%. Very easy to update as well. Just insert the drive during attract and then remove it when it tells you to. No buttons to push or menu scrolling.

I will shoot some video if it's still needed when I get some free time later this month but until then here's a pic of her next to what I'm hoping will be games 2 and 3 from Haggis

20220714_135138 (resized).jpg20220714_135138 (resized).jpg
#5032 1 year ago

Emperor Ming has a thing for mermaids.

I had played the original code for years from owning one so it may just be that it's something new. But overall so far I find the sounds of the new code and the added depth a lot more appealing.

20220711_203509 (resized).jpg20220711_203509 (resized).jpg

#5033 1 year ago

I've always been partial to girl in latex on back of Centaurs bike....

#5034 1 year ago

Look at the shine in that coin door. I mistook it for Sunset Riders for a second.

sr2 (resized).jpgsr2 (resized).jpg

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I've always been partial to girl in latex on back of Centaurs bike....

Aaahhh, you are a bottom man eh? She's pretty dominating.

#5036 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:Aaahhh, you are a bottom man eh? She's pretty dominating.

True. I'm pretty sure that's where it all started for me. They had a Centaur at the Gas N Sip by my elementary school and I used to cut class to play it all the time.

#5037 1 year ago

Serious question- whose Fathom is gonna be slummin’ it in the container with mine? Lol air freight costs are wild, so it’s a Fathom kegger on the open seas for me. Who’s bringing the Mickey’s 40oz? My Fathom gets irritable and fighty if he doesn’t have his “medicine”.

#5038 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Haggis did a video showing the new code.

Yea I obviously know this. Just looking for some more video.

#5039 1 year ago

I'm at week 5 since full payment was submitted for anyone curious to track payment to receipt of game. No word yet! Hoping its just a few more weeks!

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm at week 5 since full payment was submitted for anyone curious to track payment to receipt of game. No word yet! Hoping its just a few more weeks!

I’m sorry to say I’m at 16 weeks and still waiting. Hopefully not too much longer for me now.

#5041 1 year ago

#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’m sorry to say I’m at 16 weeks and still waiting. Hopefully not too much longer for me now.

Yeah I saw that as I'm tracking this thread. Yours seems to be an odd outlier for some reason from what I can tell. Others seem to get it faster - at least in the US so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yeah I saw that as I'm tracking this thread. Yours seems to be an odd outlier for some reason from what I can tell. Others seem to get it faster - at least in the US so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It’s only the series ticket games going out so far. Haggis should be nearly done with them by now.
I’m definitely not the only one. I know of a few others in exactly the same boat as myself.

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

16 weeks as well. Hope to hear my game is on the line soon. According to Damian the series ticket holders should be done this week.

#5045 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

16 weeks as well. Hope to hear my game is on the line soon. According to Damian the series ticket holders should be done this week.

I stand corrected lol

#5046 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I stand corrected lol

Same here. None of the first batch of non series ticket holders have received their games yet. Hopefully it speeds up for future games.

#5047 1 year ago

Anyone know if/when Haggis will be notifying buyers of where they are in the production line?

I haven't received a response re: this from them.

#5048 1 year ago

What the hell is wrong with these vegans? Do carnivores try and make their meat look like broccoli? FFS if vegies are so great why are you trying to make them look, feel and taste like meat?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

What the hell is wrong with these vegans? Do carnivores try and make their meat look like broccoli? FFS if vegies are so great why are you trying to make them look, feel and taste like meat?
[quoted image]

But what if it was cake?

Unknown-2 (resized).jpegUnknown-2 (resized).jpeg
#5050 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

But what if it was cake?[quoted image]

You got me. I don't know.

Never thought about it and i can't form an opinion without pondering.

Nice post.

Fuck. Cake?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 156.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/101?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.