image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 157.
#451 2 years ago

New update video on Haggis Facebook
The backglass is real
The cabinets are painted blue before fancy decal process

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Just a guess, Haggis contacted distributors first, and 100 or so are locked up by distributors.?

As far as I know Haggis is selling direct and shipping is through Planetary. And why didn't Zack answer DakotaMike when he asked him a day ago?

Also, I got my Clan membership before Fathom was even announced and my invoice number for that is #74. How did Zack get #14 in the time window *after* me and others?

My guess is that's his game number and if true it means a lot of low numbers were given out ahead of time to the pinball elites.
I'd like an explanation from Zack or someone before I speculate too much.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As far as I know Haggis is selling direct and shipping is through Planetary. And why didn't Zack answer DakotaMike when he asked him a day ago?
Also, I got my Clan membership before Fathom was even announced and my invoice number for that is #74. How did Zack get #14 in the time window *after* me and others?
My guess is that's his game number and if true it means a lot of low numbers were given out ahead of time to the pinball elites.
I'd like an explanation from Zack or someone before I speculate too much.

Maybe he likes #14? Could be the number he picked. Mermaid peeps can pick numbers.

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Maybe he likes #14? Could be the number he picked. Mermaid peeps can pick numbers.

No numbers have been issued yet. None. Numbers can be requested but we've been told to wait.

#455 2 years ago

Clan order #90 Game order #118 at 11:30am

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Congrats. What is your game invoice number?
**It doesn't mean anything solid but I'm curious to track anyway. Lowest game order number I've seen so far in this thread is 107.

Order #185. Ordered last night.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Stern could absolutely do it, it’s just how profitable is it vs running other games. Selling the license is just free money
The only low run games Stern does are the Whoa Nellie and Spiderman home variants.

For each of those they still have to work up all the art, software, BOM, etc. Still a sizable project - just with a major headstart. Running their classic games could be setup similar... once you have the emulation platform setup and a hardware model.. it's just dealing with the mechanics and BOM.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m kinda curious how well a Spike node board translates to some of those SS games. I know they cut some corners (like slings firing together) to get it down to a single main playfield node board on the home game layout.
Edit I looked and not well. They’d have to use two. Not the end of the world, but a pretty big bump up in BOM. They couldn’t even be bothered to do it on Supreme and Heavy Metal, which went for premium dollar.

All just choices - not constraints. It's largely a math exercise, one at which only Stern can ultimately gauge their thresholds. The good news is, the worst part of these games is the high cost mechs - and Stern's volume is the best to address that point.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Or... did he buy into the package plan which allows him to hold his number???

people are reading WAYYY too much into this order # stuff.. clearly it's a number from their e-commerce platform - not the game numbers.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or... did he buy into the package plan which allows him to hold his number???

Quoted from Mr68:

No numbers have been issued yet. None. Numbers can be requested but we've been told to wait.

#460 2 years ago

So are you saying you bought into the package plan too and haven't been able to secure your number yet?

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For each of those they still have to work up all the art, software, BOM, etc. Still a sizable project - just with a major headstart. Running their classic games could be setup similar... once you have the emulation platform setup and a hardware model.. it's just dealing with the mechanics and BOM.

All just choices - not constraints. It's largely a math exercise, one at which only Stern can ultimately gauge their thresholds. The good news is, the worst part of these games is the high cost mechs - and Stern's volume is the best to address that point.

Oh I agree. That's why I think Stern may not want to fool with it on limited run games. Their factory has plenty of demand to keep up with. Though I can only make a semi-educated guess based off observation.

They would likely have to charge bare minimum pro pricing on the games, and I think that's a hard sale against their other offerings. I don't think the original themes have the nostalgia factor to overcome the price (see BKSOR in a showroom vs Star Wars, Marvel, Stranger Things, etc). It may even have to be premium prices because of the limited run (see pricing on other limited run games), but maybe that higher price point can get them a desirable license (see Beatles)

Some of the mechs Stern keeps on hand, and some they don't. Quicksilver would be a good game since it's primarily a 4 bank (Stranger Things) and a 3 bank (lots of games). It's not a terribly complicated game to build, yet it seems like a hard sale without a lot of 2.0 love and a good theme. (How many are they really going to sell. 1000 tops?) But something like a 9-ball? Not gonna happen.

With those low run contract games, like Primus or Supreme, its a group approaching Stern and agreeing to buy X amount upfront. Wouldn't be surprised that Joe Kamikow put up the money upfront to get Beatles off the ground.

That's why I think Haggis may be able to strike a deal. A couple hundred sales is a big deal for them and small potatoes for Stern.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Ya know I wonder if the Aussies rate some these older titles differently than say I would.
For Example: is Frontier considered way better than Centaur?
Or is a Bally Star Trek way better than a Centaur or Evel Knievel.
That could have an effect on the next 5 games.

Not many Fathoms (or Medusa) came to Australia back in the 80's

#463 2 years ago

does anyone know if shipping is included or do we need to pay additional shipping from PPS?

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

does anyone know if shipping is included or do we need to pay additional shipping from PPS?

The way I read it we (in the US) will have to pay for shipping from NV.

*additional

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You'll pay to get it from PPS to you

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You get shipping to Nevada. Pick it up or ship for another $300-500 or so from there.

#467 2 years ago

I love all the speculation and bagging about Haggis going on this thread, especially from some people who I thought would stand up and applaud the Old is New concept and applaud a new venture, especially and Aussie one.

Their marketing and openness has been way better than most manufacturers IMO. see you tube and other social media platforms.

I can honestly say that I have had quite a few emails and personal discussions via phone and email to the CEO, Damian to put my mind at ease and comfortable knowing this business is well thought out, genuine, capable and niche.

Celts should have been in my hands now but Corona really stopped the world, thus holding some parts back. All explained via email as clearly as possible.

The modern revision idea is truly original and been done by home brewers in the past with varying success and admiration.

Thank god they appear to be original licenses re worked instead of crappy music, movies licences etc.

Some of you have NO idea what so ever and just seem to vent bad opinions which is a shame as a lot of people may be turned off by the wrong comments written here.

Be positive for a change (-;

I have locked in #69 as I had been a clan member from the start with ordering CELTS#69

As far as being expensive, It is what it is. No one is happy paying any sort of price with pinball. FULL STOP.
Put your valuable coin in Bitcoin instead if you like. I invest in FUN!

Some of the opinions appear to boast they or other manufacturers can do better. Maybe, but from little things, big things grow!

I dare say that a proviso of games were allocated to USA distributors and suppliers in the arrangement of gaining the intellectual properties. Smart.

The more I read and see , the more stoked I get. Just have to find the monies as time goes along as have ordered the series, which will be what they be when released.

All in all they are first world problems

Go Haggis for the most exciting newer company to arrive in pinball. or is that Homepin? ha ha ha

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi !!!!!!!

C'mon CELTS and clan Dolby

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Not many Fathoms (or Medusa) came to Australia back in the 80's

Interesting.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I love all the speculation and bagging about Haggis going on this thread, especially from some people who I thought would stand up and applaud the Old is New concept and applaud a new venture, especially and Aussie one.

Their marketing and openness has been way better than most manufacturers IMO. see you tube and other social media platforms.

I can honestly say that I have had quite a few emails and personal discussions via phone and email to the CEO, Damian to put my mind at ease and comfortable knowing this business is well thought out, genuine, capable and niche.

Celts should have been in my hands now but Corona really stopped the world, thus holding some parts back. All explained via email as clearly as possible.

The modern revision idea is truly original and been done by home brewers in the past with varying success and admiration.

Thank god they appear to be original licenses re worked instead of crappy music, movies licences etc.

Some of you have NO idea what so ever and just seem to vent bad opinions which is a shame as a lot of people may be turned off by the wrong comments written here.

Be positive for a change (-;

I have locked in #69 as I had been a clan member from the start with ordering CELTS#69

As far as being expensive, It is what it is. No one is happy paying any sort of price with pinball. FULL STOP.
Put your valuable coin in Bitcoin instead if you like. I invest in FUN!

Some of the opinions appear to boast they or other manufacturers can do better. Maybe, but from little things, big things grow!

I dare say that a proviso of games were allocated to USA distributors and suppliers in the arrangement of gaining the intellectual properties. Smart.

The more I read and see , the more stoked I get. Just have to find the monies as time goes along as have ordered the series, which will be what they be when released.

All in all they are first world problems

Go Haggis for the most exciting newer company to arrive in pinball. or is that Homepin? ha ha ha

Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi !!!!!!!

C'mon CELTS and clan Dolby

Could not have said it better!!!

#470 2 years ago

I have not been following closely. Has Haggis shared any gameplay video yet? It still feels pricey, but I'd like to see how it looks/plays/sounds.

Picking Fathom was a good choice. Prettiest pin ever made, and a good shooter. I've always wanted one.

#471 2 years ago

Well this is a bit awkward......because I also ordered number 69.

Mainly because I am interested in Mermaid sex, but still.

Do we have to fight it out?

#472 2 years ago

I love all the speculation and bagging about Haggis going on this thread

I don’t think there’s been any bagging of Haggis ... not that I’ve seen anyway.

I think everyone thinks Fathom is a great choice.

Should have been done years ago.

The only negative posts I’ve seen are about the price ... people seem to think you can make a game with no ramps (wholesale cost probably $50 ...) for way less than a game with ramps for some strange reason.

And conjecture on what other games they’ll make other than the obvious Fathom and Centaur.

Good on Haggis, I hope they make a shit load of them.

rd

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Haggis chose Fathom, likely because it was their best idea and they felt they can sell the most of. With their announcement of 250 LE’s and maybe they expect to sell another 250 standard editions, so we see that 500 units is enough to allow them to make their snap.
With all the effort required to reengineer this game from the ground up and to program it using modern technology and new materials and tools, on top of reproducing one of the most beautiful games ever designed from 40 years ago and with all the bells and whistles offered is mind boggling. That makes 10 pinball manufacturers.
4 Primary Pinball Manufacturers -
Stern
Jersey Jack
Chicago Gaming Co
Spooky
4 Boutique Pinball Manufacturers -
American Pinball
Multimorphic
Homepin
Haggis Pinball
2 3rd World Pinball Manufacturers -
Dutch Pinball
Pinball Brothers
Deeproot Pinball (theoretical)

The problem is only Stern can meet any reasonable demand with production. JJP is stretched out with no ability to produce any faster and has what, 3000 GNR's on backorder (and launched GNR 7 months ago and has filled very few orders).. not to mention they could sell a ton more POTC's and WOZ's, and possibly Wonkas.. that we'll most likely never see because they just can't manufacture at pace.

So while we have 10 companies, I wish we had more that could get games out!!

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t think there’s been any bagging of Haggis ... not that I’ve seen anyway.
I think everyone thinks Fathom is a great choice.
Should have been done years ago.
The only negative posts I’ve seen are about the price ... people seem to think you can make a game with no ramps (wholesale cost probably $50 ...) for way less than a game with ramps for some strange reason.
And conjecture on what other games they’ll make other than the obvious Fathom and Centaur.
rd

It’s pretty insane what people think Fathom should cost and compare it to a modern game. Like Led Zeppelin Pro is some ramps (metal at least), some standard slings/pops/flippers/trough/ball-launch, a three bank of drops, and a guy jumping up and down on a stick.

Fathom is loaded with expensive mechanical parts compared to that

Led Zeppelin has much more sophisticated software and LCD features, but that development also gets spread out over 5,000+ built units over the years

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think I am in on a Centaur when that comes around... a lot of people have mixed feelings about it, but some have just not played it enough to fall in love with the rules, especially the round robin continuous multiball, which, if I remember correctly, was the whole damn point of the game. Back in the day, I hated the game, I could never seem to get it rocking and it was because I was used to Williams multiballs on Fire Power, and so I didn't really connect with it, even avoided it to play EBD, because that game was pure fun, along with Xenon. Now come one lonely all nighter at pin expo, an empty Centaur, and enough party supplies to keep us all "performance enhanced" for the evening and I finally got it rolling...

There is nothing like keeping a ball going and going and going... amongst the better players, this is not a machine to play multiple players on, unless you need to drain the lizard, or pick up a snack or drop the kids off at the pool because I have seen my brother play a solid hour on one ball (mind you he owns a Centaur II) and sometimes that simple "keep that ball alive" mentality locks in and you can do no wrong. I have had to let a ball drain because my wrist were so sore... yeah that kind of pinball is the best kind of pinball. Sign me up.

#476 2 years ago

Centaur is a no brainer. Can’t wait!

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You should have an eating contest.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Every new pin has to have some sort of controversy. Shall we call it the great 69off of 21 or 69gate?

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Do you have #69 in Celts too? if so then it is very awkward

#480 2 years ago

One of you should just opt to take number 77, it’s basically the same as 69 only you get 8/ate more.

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

One of you should just opt to take number 77, it’s basically the same as 69 only you get 8/ate more.

Or 68 , you go down on me and I owe you one✌️

#482 2 years ago

I’m stealing your line to use on my wife.
I’ll report back tomorrow how it goes.

Call me a pessimist, but I think she will see through it.

#483 2 years ago

It would be good if the new 'modernized' playfield mechs they use on it, like flipper and drop targets and slingshots, could be used on the Bally original as well.
Those Linear mechs are a real bugger.

Could game software version 2 be retrofitted to a Haggis classic version of the pinball game later on as a separate standalone purchasable option?

Its getting really interesting now, 5 Bally models coming...wow.

#485 2 years ago

Slow down there buckaroo. Why do you think I'm Mr. 68?

Quoted from Coindork:

I’m stealing your line to use on my wife.

A smart man would turn that offer around and she would owe you one.

#486 2 years ago

The square root of sixty-nine is eight something.

(Or ate something)

#487 2 years ago

I always thought "remaking" classic games was low hanging fruit for Stern.

#488 2 years ago

I know things are crazy busy at Haggis right now, but has anyone who bought a ME and requested a number received confirmation that they are getting that number?

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I know things are crazy busy at Haggis right now, but has anyone who bought a ME and requested a number received confirmation that they are getting that number?

Just speculation… but buying the package of all 5 puts you to the front of the line for build order and delivery. It’s possible that it also puts you at the front of the line for number choice, in which case they’d wait til their 3 week order time period is up and start assigning numbers… with package purchasers getting assigned first. Also possible that they are waiting for previous Celts owners to have a chance to order (3 week order window). Again… just speculation.

UPDATE: WRONG ON ALL COUNTS. But sounded reasonable. Haha.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Just speculation… but buying the package of all 5 puts you to the front of the line for build order and delivery. It’s possible that it also puts you at the front of the line for number choice, in which case they’d wait til their 3 week order time period is up and start assigning numbers… with package purchasers getting assigned first. Also possible that they are waiting for previous Celts owners to have a chance to order (3 week order window). Again… just speculation.

That makes sense. This is the first time buying a NIB that i was asked to request a number so wasn’t sure how it all works!

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from pintuck:

It would be good if the new 'modernized' playfield mechs they use on it, like flipper and drop targets and slingshots, could be used on the Bally original as well.
Those Linear mechs are a real bugger.

It would take some adaptations at least. The haggis mechs dont use the same attachment points and work on a different thicknesses playfield.

Flippers everyone already switches out the hardware

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It would take some adaptations at least. The haggis mechs dont use the same attachment points and work on a different thicknesses playfield.
Flippers everyone already switches out the hardware

I don’t think you are correct hear. In the series of YouTube vids it covers this subject. Just can’t quote the video but it explains the acrylic , wood scenario. It’s good stuff.
I’m starting to sound like a fan boy, guess I truly am a Clan Member

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Yes I have received confirmation of a number I requested.

Purchased Haggis Clan: Order Number 93
Purchased ME: Order Number 107
Requested ME Edition # 33. Confirmed

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I appreciate you qualifying your comment as speculation but no, that is not what Damian told me.

Everyone that buys a game can request a number at the time they place their order. If the number is available at the time they request it, it is allocate to them. My first several number choices were already taken. #01, #250, #13 have already been assigned. My fourth choice of #68 has just this morning been assigned to me.

Damian also told me that games will be manufactured in the order they were placed.

Clan Fathom #68

#495 2 years ago

Are you guys receiving confirmation on numbers via email?

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Are you guys receiving confirmation on numbers via email?

Yes. My first notification after placing my order was this morning and I would guess they have a lot of people to get back to.

#497 2 years ago

Great, thanks! I’m sure things are crazy busy right now! Exciting time for Haggis!

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Damian also told me that games will be manufactured in the order they were placed.
Clan Fathom #68

I wonder if they’ll load them all in the same shipping container in the order they were placed also?

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Requested ME Edition # 33.

Jose Canseco's number. Nice!

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I wonder if they’ll load them all in the same shipping container in the order they were placed also?

There was something about owners blood type and sperm count.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.