pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image? (resized).png
pasted_image? (resized).jpeg
pasted_image? (resized).jpeg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 89 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did we have to specify what machine we are getting it for (Prem/LE or pro)? Because I didn't see that on the website. Don't know if it's necessary.

No, it's the same mod for all versions, but I usually collect this information during checkout anyway just because it helps with debugging sometimes.

Quoted from merkdds:

Looks great Davey. My game room is looking like a Stumblor showroom between GZ, FF and now Jaws.

We clearly have the same taste in games!

#53 89 days ago

Amazing mod! I'm getting it either way, but would love to see a small 3D girl hanging on sculpt to fix to the side of the bouy!
Can't wait for my spot to come up. Signed up weeks ago in low 100s wish it was sooner!
Keep up the great work!

#54 89 days ago
Quoted from jjsrt8:

Amazing mod! I'm getting it either way, but would love to see a small 3D girl hanging on sculpt to fix to the side of the bouy!
Can't wait for my spot to come up. Signed up weeks ago in low 100s wish it was sooner!
Keep up the great work!

Was thinking the same thing. We need a Chrissie Watkins mod for this mod, holding on for her life!

#55 89 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Was thinking the same thing. We need a Chrissie Watkins mod for this mod, holding on for her life!

Yeah! Whose gonna step up and be the crazy mofo to make the Chrissie of Death mod? CRCades you had a Chrissie sculpt at one point if I do recall?

#56 89 days ago

I would like to be on the list

#57 89 days ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Another home run Davey, congrats and can’t wait to add it and hope Jaws allows for just as many of yours and Jazzbouche’s amazing mods like Godzilla has.
I hope one of your next mods adds a 3rd barrel somewhere as my OCD is driving me crazy since they only put two of the sculpted ones for the Prem\LE.

Third barrel is the shooter

#58 89 days ago

Please add me to the list for an LE. Thanks!

#59 89 days ago

I like it ... almost makes me want buy the game, another cool mod ... nicely done

#60 89 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Third barrel is the shooter

All is right with my OCD, I mean the world.

#61 89 days ago

Fantastic job mate, please add me to the list for premium. I’m in Australia

#62 89 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

you’re here for one thing and one thing only. Boobs! Sorry, wrong tab

…or is it?

#63 89 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yeah! Who's gonna step up and be the crazy mofo to make the Chrissie of Death mod? CRCades you had a Chrissie sculpt at one point if I do recall?

hey Davey, thanks! Ya, Chrissy is still on my list but I need to clear a few things off my bench before getting back to it. I might have time in May to move forward on it and finishing up the design past what you've seen.

#64 89 days ago

Please add me to the list. LE here.

#65 89 days ago

Add me to the list as well please! Premium

#66 89 days ago

Premium List if there's still an opportunity to get on the list

#67 89 days ago

Add me for an le please

#68 89 days ago

Please put me on the list. I have a Jaws premium!

Nice work!

#69 89 days ago

Pretty f'en cool mod!!! Great work!!!

#70 89 days ago

Great looking mod for sure. A couple of quick questions:
- does the bouy go back and forth or does it swivels around?
- does the color changing plastic corespond to the chum area plastic?

#71 88 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

Great looking mod for sure. A couple of quick questions:
- does the bouy go back and forth or does it swivels around?
- does the color changing plastic corespond to the chum area plastic?

The bouy moves back and forth, in a "rocking" motion. It uses an offset cam so the movement is elliptical, which gives it a natural looking movement.

The water doesn't show the progression like the chum plastic (because that would be redundant in my opinion) however when the chum bucket is hit both the chum line and the water respond by glowing red, so the look and feel is maintained. We're also looking to include an RGB sensor so that the coloured GI can be replicated in those modes where the chum line and the GI change colour.

#72 88 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The bouy moves back and forth, in a "rocking" motion. It uses an offset cam so the movement is elliptical, which gives it a natural looking movement.
The water doesn't show the progression like the chum plastic (because that would be redundant in my opinion) however when the chum bucket is hit both the chum line and the water respond by glowing red, so the look and feel is maintained. We're also looking to include an RGB sensor so that the coloured GI can be replicated in those modes where the chum line and the GI change colour.

Thanks for the quick response, sounds great.

#73 88 days ago

LE for me, I am in! Add me to the list.

#74 88 days ago

The crazy things going on your brain to come up with these mods - does it ever turn off and let you sleep?

Don't own Jaws so my wallet is safe for once but I must say well done sir!

#75 88 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Love mod, color matching or to be in sync with similar color to modes is important, such as that greenish color in night modes and also to be dimmed/dark to match night modes.

Appreciate you already considering this with RGB sensing.

Agree on your take for chum red.

#76 87 days ago

Please add me to the list for a premium. Thanks

#77 86 days ago

Hey Davey! Now that we know what the Fourth of July mini wizard mode consist of, do you think the RGB LEDs under your water plastics will be able to replicate the fireworks show? I guess it depends on how well the sensors that you are looking into will be able to pick up the subtle color changes that fade in and out during the fireworks right?

#78 86 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Hey Davey! Now that we know what the Fourth of July mini wizard mode consist of, do you think the RGB LEDs under your water plastics will be able to replicate the fireworks show? I guess it depends on how well the sensors that you are looking into will be able to pick up the subtle color changes that fade in and out during the fireworks right?

Oh - I didn't know about this! Just checked out the video here -

So I haven't actually experimented much with the RGB sensor yet, but from what Vimtoman was telling me recently, there's a bit of a bottleneck in how fast you can actually read from them. So bearing that in mind, it's going to be a lot easier to respond to general colour changing, rather than rapid colour changing, like how the lights are behaving in this mode.

But the short answer is I'm not sure - I won't really know until I start playing with it. Will do my best!

#79 86 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Oh - I didn't know about this! Just checked out the video here -
So I haven't actually experimented much with the RGB sensor yet, but from what Vimtoman was telling me recently, there's a bit of a bottleneck in how fast you can actually read from them. So bearing that in mind, it's going to be a lot easier to respond to general colour changing, rather than rapid colour changing, like how the lights are behaving in this mode.
But the short answer is I'm not sure - I won't really know until I start playing with it. Will do my best!

Nice! We’ll have to see once you start experimenting with it! Thanks for the response.

#80 86 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Nice! We’ll have to see once you start experimenting with it! Thanks for the response.

Well that was easier than expected!

Don't you just love it when things work first time.

So yeah. I think we'll be able to do it

#81 81 days ago

Can you put me on the list for LE thanks.

#82 80 days ago

please add me to the list for my premium

1 week later
#83 68 days ago

Hi Davey! Any new Buoy of Death news? Or hints at what other plastics replacements may be partnered with it in the future? I know you’re a busy guy. Thanks for any tidbits you can share!

#84 68 days ago
Quoted from Laserbeak21:

Hi Davey! Any new Buoy of Death news? Or hints at what other plastics replacements may be partnered with it in the future? I know you’re a busy guy. Thanks for any tidbits you can share!

Sure thing - these are the ones I'm currently thinking about:

Premium/LE
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Pro

So essentially, a 3 piece kit that is the same for both games, and then a Pro only kit to take care of the back left corner. Open to suggestions though!

#85 68 days ago

Also in other news - there have been a few people that have expressed an interest in the buoy but weren't keen on the wrap around LED screen at the top. Now being a prideful techy type dude my original response to those comments was 'stick it!' - but having given it some more thought I don't have any good reason why we shouldn't do it. Tokyo Neon etc was always super configurable, even down the the coloured acrylics, so why not this too.

So - I've designed an alternate 'static' top piece, with a debossed '8' on all visible sides. The writing can have either a white or black HIPS backing. It will be white, grey or black resin, possibly with some weathering - all tba - I'll see what ends up looking best. The new piece can be unlit, to more closely resemble the original buoy, or be lit using the original LED screen.

Rather than make this an option or an add-on (which is a hassle to manage) it will instead be available in all kits for an easy swap out for those that want it. Price remains the same.

#86 68 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Sure thing - these are the ones I'm currently thinking about:
Premium/LE
[quoted image]
Pro
[quoted image]
So essentially, a 3 piece kit that is the same for both games, and then a Pro only kit to take care of the back left corner. Open to suggestions though!

Thank you! Very exciting!

#87 68 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Also in other news - there have been a few people that have expressed an interest in the buoy but weren't keen on the wrap around LED screen at the top. Now being a prideful techy type dude my original response to those comments was 'stick it!' - but having given it some more thought I don't have any good reason why we shouldn't do it. Tokyo Neon etc was always super configurable, even down the the coloured acrylics, so why not this too.
So - I've designed an alternate 'static' top piece, with a debossed '8' on all visible sides. The writing can have either a white or black HIPS backing. It will be white, grey or black resin, possibly with some weathering - all tba - I'll see what ends up looking best. The new piece can be unlit, to more closely resemble the original buoy, or be lit using the original LED screen.
Rather than make this an option or an add-on (which is a hassle to manage) it will instead be available in all kits for an easy swap out for those that want it. Price remains the same.
[quoted image]

Awesome news Davey, I can't wait to get mine! And looking forward to other brilliant stuff you'll create.

#88 67 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]

love the initial response best.. and very appropriate in some scenarios I might add!

#89 67 days ago

I loved the mod from the reveal Davey, but was one of the folks not keen on the screen. I didn't say anything out of respect. Super happy there is an option to customise that bit though.

#90 67 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

[quoted image]

Thanks Davey, that's a very cool thing to do! I love the LED screen, but options are great.

#91 67 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

I loved the mod from the reveal Davey, but was one of the folks not keen on the screen. I didn't say anything out of respect. Super happy there is an option to customise that bit though.

I had a few reservations about the wrap around LED, so very happy there is now another option.

Options are a good thing!

#92 67 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I had a few reservations about the wrap around LED, so very happy there is now another option.
Options are a good thing!

Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Thanks Davey, that's a very cool thing to do! I love the LED screen, but options are great.

Quoted from thewool:

Yeah I totally get how some people would see that as not being complimentary to the theme (once I had swallowed my pride that is The screen was something I really wanted to do from a technical point of view, and it really is a thing of beauty to see it working. But, if people reaaally don't want it in there, they can now change it.

I always enjoy seeing our mods out in the wild, customised, with every one looking slightly different. Giving people the ability to put their own stamp on the aesthetics of the mods is a very cool thing.

2 weeks later
#93 50 days ago

Bother versions to be included in every kit.

2 weeks later
#94 34 days ago

stumblor ..when this mod will start shipping?

#95 34 days ago
Quoted from RobinJo:

stumblor ..when this mod will start shipping?

We're working as quick as we can to get through our other mod orders (GZ Subway now, then TBL Hollywood) so it will be after those two. We're in the process of moving to a new workshop, and employing more staff, so I'm hoping perhaps 4 months time, if all goes well!

#96 29 days ago

Please add me to the LE list

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 48.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mead, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 8.00
Playfield - Other
Game Changer Amusements

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.