Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SLeRiC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jawspin (resized).jpg
    IMG_2655 (resized).JPG
    untitled (resized).png
    Slider-Jaws (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I don't visit Pinside very often, but remain hopeful that a 'Jaws' pinball machine will be made. What's the latest? Is it more than just speculation and innuendo at this point?

#2 6 years ago

There has been a lot of speculation.

Slider-Jaws (resized).jpgSlider-Jaws (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

Bring it on!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from abc12346038:

Is it more than just speculation and innuendo at this point?

There's actually a little less of it these days. I wouldn't count on it.

#5 6 years ago

Nothing more than wishful thinking and speculation. There's a jaws thread kicking around somewhere, but I don't remember seeing it active in a while.

#6 6 years ago

The good (or bad) thing is that just a simple post like this has the ability to send Pinside into a tizzy and talking themselves into believing it's coming.

#7 6 years ago

It's my favorite movie by far, and a dream theme, but it is 100% rumor.

Stern releases a few titles a year, so nothing is impossible, but don't hold your breath.

#9 6 years ago

But why isn't there any game play video yet?!

Oh, sorry, we're not quite to that portion of the whinefest yet.

#10 6 years ago

Couldn't resist

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

#12 6 years ago

Thanks to those who provided input on this post. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed that better news wasn't given. Jaws would make a killer title for a pinball machine (pun intened) and it'd be a shame to let all that potential go to waste.

Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women!

#13 6 years ago

Shooting shark hole in baywatch will suffice in the meantime I guess.

1 month later
    #14 6 years ago

There was an Instagram post from #thedailyjaws a week or so ago that generated nearly 2000 likes. The subject matter was the marketing prowess of Jaws and it featured a picture of a simulated Jaws pinball machine.

There is a legion of fans who would love to see a real 'Jaws' pinball machine made; many of whom are in the middle of their prime earning years!

With the 45th and 50th anniversaries of the film's debut looming, now is the time, Stern or Jersey Jack.

Let's do this!!!

#15 6 years ago

I think JAWS is one of the next Zen Pinball Tables - along with ET, and Back to the Future.
    They looked pretty good.

Although, a real JAWS pin would be one of the last of my "Dream Themes"( Along with Alien and Pulp Fiction ).

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

I think JAWS is one of the next Zen Pinball Tables - along with ET, and Back to the Future.
    They looked pretty good.
    Although, a real JAWS pin would be one of the last of my "Dream Themes"( Along with Alien and Pulp Fiction ).

I was just about to ask whether there is a virtual table out there somewhere

#17 6 years ago

There is a great Jaws Future Pinball table out there by SlamT1lt (who works for Heighway on Alien).

*cue future pinball hate

#18 6 years ago

Yes, I agree that the Jaws Future Pinball is really neat! If anything, it demonstrates the real potential of the 'Jaws' license. The sound bites and the music are very well implemented. Heck, I'd be pleased as punch if Stern would produce that very game 'as is'. The design work is all but done already! Please, Stern????

#20 6 years ago

Well, until we get an actual 'Jaws' pinball machine, here's the next best thing that's not virtual, I suppose...

IMG_2655 (resized).JPGIMG_2655 (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from abc12346038:

Well, until we get an actual 'Jaws' pinball machine, here's the next best thing that's not virtual, I suppose...

It's just so sad... lol

#23 6 years ago

God that looks awful

6 months later
    #24 6 years ago

I’m making a return visit to Pinside after several months to see if there are any updates concerning a ‘Jaws’ pinball machine. Any updates to report???

#25 6 years ago

Update:

Jaws: still awesome after 42 years.

Jaws Pinball: still more rare to find than a living Carcharadon Megalodon

#26 6 years ago

From what I have heard:
    “Your going to need a bigger boat”
    to get it built.

#27 6 years ago

Now if only we could find someone around here with a bunch of money burning a hole in their pocket... Nothin like a few hundred K to get a project rolling.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Now if only we could find someone around here with a bunch of money burning a hole in their pocket... Nothin like a few hundred K to get a project rolling.

Call deeproot...

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Call deeproot...

You don't need to, I'm sure they've already heard the interest here and then claim to invent the idea.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You don't need to, I'm sure they've already heard the interest here and then claim to invent the idea.

LOL. Jaws: now with more JPop!!

3 months later
    #31 5 years ago

One can’t help but notice that ‘Jaws’ marathons are everywhere on the TV and many, many theatres are bringing the flick back to their big screens on or about the 4th of July. All of this is testimony to the popularity of the film and its staying power. Someone make the damn ‘Jaws’ pinball machine already. Jeez!!!!

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from abc12346038:

One can’t help but notice that ‘Jaws’ marathons are everywhere on the TV and many, many theatres are bringing the flick back to their big screens on or about the 4th of July. All of this is testimony to the popularity of the film and its staying power. Someone make the damn ‘Jaws’ pinball machine already. Jeez!!!!

Jaws would make a hella good title. tagline He bites so...don't let him near your ballz.

8 months later
    #33 5 years ago

Found one for you!

sacramento.craigslist.org link

jawspin (resized).jpgjawspin (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.