New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 123703)

Jared's World Cup Soccer Project - "Best 90's TPF 2016"

By Jared

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 45 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image-542.jpg
image.jpg
image-38.jpg
image-637.jpg
image-171.jpg
image-959.jpg
image-517.jpg
image-69.jpg
image-288.jpg
image-856.jpg
image-439.jpg
image-99.jpg
image.jpg
image-973.jpg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

You can make a hand press for a lot less.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-riveting

#52 5 years ago

I had to replace some rivets on my afm restore, I was pretty worried at first but it was straight forward. I used the hand rivet gun from HD, It was a piece of cake.

#55 5 years ago

I got the Harbor Freight Arbor press listed about and then got the conversion kit from Pinrestore: http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html. It's the second item. Using a 20% off Harbor Freight coupon it cost about $100 total. It's been very handy to have on hand. I replaced the plastics on my WCS and you need the rivet press for the header plastic and the right sling/coin toss discharge too. I also riveted on new light domes. Those are just the places I've used it on my WCS... it's come in handy on tons of other games as well.

#56 5 years ago

Flame polish those ramps ASAP.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Flame polish those ramps ASAP.

Details?? I don't wanna mess them up!?!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Use a lighter and basically waft it around near the plastic until the fine scratches melt flat....would highly recommend finding someone that's done it before or find a junk ramp to practice on first.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Use a lighter and basically waft it around near the plastic until the fine scratches melt flat....would highly recommend finding someone that's done it before or find a junk ramp to practice on first.

Ok, I will do some more research!!!

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Start here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flame-polishing-my-procedure

Watch some videos and take your time and they will look great.

#61 5 years ago

I can't stand the look of the cheap pop rivets. For some reason, the hole in the middle drives me nuts and I prefer the semi-tubular rivets like they come from the factory. The downside is you have to spend a good bit for a rivet press.

I highly recommend the one from Pinrestore as mentioned earlier. You can save a good bit of money if you just buy the kit from them and the arbor press from Harbor Freight. But you have to own or know someone with a drill press. Preferably, one of you must be competent with said drill press.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I can't stand the look of the cheap pop rivets. For some reason, the hole in the middle drives me nuts and I prefer the semi-tubular rivets like they come from the factory. The downside is you have to spend a good bit for a rivet press.
I highly recommend the one from Pinrestore as mentioned earlier. You can save a good bit of money if you just buy the kit from them and the arbor press from Harbor Freight. But you have to own or know someone with a drill press. Preferably, one of you must be competent with said drill press.

It wouldnt be a project if it was quick and easy.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I highly recommend the one from Pinrestore as mentioned earlier.

I bought this one and it seems the way to go for rivets (although I don't use it much). I have been flame torching my ramps and it is pretty easy. I flamed torched my WCS ramps. I can post you some pictures if you like.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I bought this one and it seems the way to go for rivets (although I don't use it much). I have been flame torching my ramps and it is pretty easy. I flamed torched my WCS ramps. I can post you some pictures if you like.

Yes, I would like.

Also a detailed description how you did it.

#65 5 years ago

So I need a butane torch and a expensive rivet press. lol. Damnit.

#66 5 years ago

Bill Morrison "ClassicStern" here on Pinside has agreed to give me a flame polishing tutorial. So I am taking my ramps and going to have dinner with him Wednesday and we are going to fix them up nice!

#67 5 years ago

UPDATE: I have found a local rivet press and have made arrangements to have everything assembled there. I plan to tear the playfield down to the wood.

#68 5 years ago

Thanks Jared. I am looking forward to this one. I have a nice WCS and a project one in the garage. Good luck and please post lots of pics.

#69 5 years ago

Will do. Right now I am awaiting stuff from coin taker before I start tear down.

#70 5 years ago

Jared,

If your local deal falls through I will rivet your stuff. Just let me know.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Jared,
If your local deal falls through I will rivet your stuff. Just let me know.

Wow, very kind. I guess I would have to send you everything, right?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Wow, very kind. I guess I would have to send you everything, right?

Or next time I'm in your neck of the woods. I know a mutual friend (PM me) is coming up for the PAPA event this Friday. You could send it with him then I could get it back to him before he heads back. Of course if he is willing.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Or next time I'm in your neck of the woods. I know a mutual friend (PM me) is coming up for the PAPA event this Friday. You could send it with him then I could get it back to him before he heads back. Of course if he is willing.

Ken, Marcus, El-Duckface, Brian D, Chris G, and myself are all going. You sure you're gonna have time to do that though bud playing in the tourney as well? I guess technically it doesn't take long with the correct tools.

I'm going up to Sherman on thursday and riding with Brian, I can tell you guys that much. Jennifer is going up Saturday and will meet me up there..

#74 5 years ago

I'm not playing. I'm just coming to cheer on my friends in the tourney. I can't commit to 3 days with small kids at home.

1 month later
#76 5 years ago

Hows this coming along?

#77 5 years ago

WCS94' is such a good game, I plan to keep mine around for the long haul.

Not enough people talk about how great the bonus stacking is in this pin, you can stack to the moon!

#78 5 years ago

I came in here expecting something EPIC, and nothing, so sad

#79 5 years ago

Go easy. He still has almost a year before it needs finished

#80 5 years ago

He's out trying to find a striker extreme to restore instead. #sternpinball

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Hows this coming along?

Hey there! Thank you for asking!

I have quite a bit of very nice parts stocked up. When the ramps arrived that is where I stopped, because I realized that the next step is riveting everything together... and well... thats something I want to do right.

I have not messed with it too much sense, been a lot of projects going on and... well you know. lol

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not enough people talk about how great the bonus stacking is in this pin, you can stack to the moon!

I am a real big fan. I love the way it shoots. If Circus Voltaire is Dr Pepper, then WCS94 is Mr Pibb.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I came in here expecting something EPIC, and nothing, so sad

Hey now! Its gonna be EPIC. Just wait.

Quoted from agodfrey:

Go easy. He still has almost a year before it needs finished

Yeah! lol. But for real I am nearly ready to go to the next level with it and finish the rivets.

Quoted from btw75:

He's out trying to find a striker extreme to restore instead. #sternpinball

LOL.

1 month later
#82 5 years ago

Lights acquired from cointaker this weekend in Massachusetts.

Light list based off of GOV suggestions.

image.jpg

4 months later
#83 4 years ago

How is it coming?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Light list based off of GOV suggestions.

That guy is a hack!

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

That guy is a hack!

Agreed.

#86 4 years ago

Jared, you are wasting your time if you don't have a ColorDMD sigma display installed set on light blue.
This is of course if the color ROM is not available by then.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Jared, you are wasting your time if you don't have a ColorDMD sigma display installed set on light blue.

I will buy when the color rom is near release, I have not heard any updates.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I will buy when the color rom is near release, I have not heard any updates.

Why wait? Sigma displays work in WCS now. You can choose your style of how the dots look or not look if you like the HIRES setting.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Actually set mine to a shade of purple and looks pretty badass.....surely, it will be colorized, eventually.....

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Agreed.....just a very, very fun game to play....put a ton of $$ in mine to get it pristine, but a keeper for sure....think it's just overlooked because of the theme ( I have 2 soccer players in the family, so all good for me). I like how MB is off manual plunge, so you can really pace the flow.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 37.50
$ 350.00
Boards
Pinball Basement
$ 11.00
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside